Roll Call
2 members (Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad, Boy Kid Lad, profh0011), 38 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Why love the legion?
by thoth lad - 09/29/24 02:50 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 09/29/24 02:48 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/29/24 02:46 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by thoth lad - 09/29/24 01:16 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:05 PM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:05 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:37 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35
Re: Justice League Idol!! (ROUND 1!!)
Invisible Brainiac #811060 06/10/14 06:35 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'd be against changing the rules after the fact.

Invisible Brainiac #811068 06/10/14 07:54 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Atom (Ray Palmer)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Batman (Bruce Wayne)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Hawkman (Katar Hol, Silver Age)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Tornado
(Pre-Flashpoint) Superman

NO
(JL Unlimited Toon) Green Lantern (John Stewart)
(JL Unlimited Toon) Hawkgirl
(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Booster Gold
(Pre-Flashpoint) Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Fire
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West)
(Pre-Flashpoint) Ice (Tora Olafsdotter)

Invisible Brainiac #811091 06/11/14 02:26 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
waaah curse my lack of a computer at home! I have missed a few rounds from the look of it! Time to get up for muh girl Bea (and you know, some other peeps I guess)

(JL Unlimited Toon) Green Lantern (John Stewart): NO
(JL Unlimited Toon) Hawkgirl: YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Atom (Ray Palmer): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Batman (Bruce Wayne): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Blue Beetle (Ted Kord): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Booster Gold: NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Doctor Light (Kimiyo Hoshi): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Fire: YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond): YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Flash (Wally West): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Green Arrow (Oliver Queen): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Hawkman (Katar Hol, Silver Age): NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Ice (Tora Olafsdotter): YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Red Tornado: YES
(Pre-Flashpoint) Superman: NO

Invisible Brainiac #811092 06/11/14 02:56 AM
Deputy
Deputy
YES

-----------------------------------------------

No

(Pre-Flashpoint) Fire

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Invisible Brainiac #811103 06/11/14 09:17 AM
Leader
Leader
YES

NO
(Pre-Flashpoint) Fire

Eryk Davis Ester #811121 06/11/14 02:22 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
LWL actually helped Firestorm by voting him in over the already-eliminated Hal smile (I'm pretty sad that Firestorm is gone too though!)

I had scored it against LWL's post of 06/09/14 09:46 AM. A straight Hal > Ronnie swap would have given him 2nd place points and not 6th.

[Re: Invisible Brainiac]
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester

We'd not want to open the floodgates. Say that the highest ranking character with "storm" in their name gets to progress. I can't see anyone finding that unfair...

YES to all except ...

I've seen so little of it, so it just wouldn't feel right smile

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Invisible Brainiac #811136 06/11/14 05:43 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Firestorm isn't the highest ranking character anymore smile It's actually Atom, with Firestorm and Superman in 2nd place. So I think a lot of people would actually find it unfair.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/11/14 08:39 PM.
Lard Lad #811145 06/11/14 06:04 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally Posted by Paladin
Jeepers! I don't think anyone is going to get 75%!
Originally Posted by thothkins
Noooooooooo! Some Lone Wolf Editing took out Firestorm! Gaaaah! Whew it's a wildcard round. A really interesting one too. Good work Ibby.

Except, skipping through the above posts, is any one going to get 75%? The atom is closest I think.

Yep, looks like this round will likely be a waste of time, unless Ibby either lowers the threshold or lets, say, the top 2 percentage-wise in give us an even Top Ten?
I'll think about it, but I probably won't. I've always used 75% and the intriguing part about rounds like this is everyone can get back in... or nobody can get back in!

But let's see how things shape up smile

Wellllll......what if we post the highest percentage-getters before the round is over (maybe extend it another day) and give participants an opportunity to change "nos" to "yeses" based on those results to see if anybody has a change of heart if it means that/those character(s) might have a shot to get in? If any changes get that character(s) at or above 75%, then he/she/they get(s) in! fair?

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
thoth lad #811147 06/11/14 06:13 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
LWL actually helped Firestorm by voting him in over the already-eliminated Hal smile (I'm pretty sad that Firestorm is gone too though!)

I had scored it against LWL's post of 06/09/14 09:46 AM. A straight Hal > Ronnie swap would have given him 2nd place points and not 6th.

Yeah, right? I left for work that day thinking Ronnie was in because of how I perceived LWL's notice. Imagine my surprise....! mad

We'd not want to open the floodgates. Say that the highest ranking character with "storm" in their name gets to progress. I can't see anyone finding that unfair...

Sounds fair to me! lol

So does that mean you would have sacrificed Mari if you thought Ronnie was in danger? If so, does that merit special consideration from the judge/Ibby?

Or we could spare Ibby some pain and just edit those NOs for Firestorm into YESes!!! C'MON! You guys afraid that your divas couldn't survive against Ronnie and the Prof again?!?! tease

Power Boy #811155 06/11/14 07:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
As Peebs put it awhile back...

Originally Posted by Power Boy
Y'all are gonna be strategizing ur characters out da game! frown

shake

Eryk Davis Ester #811158 06/11/14 07:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L

shake

Not me! Ronnie and the Prof aren't out because of anything I did... shake Do you really like Zee better, or did you think she'd need the votes more, Edie? She only got top billing from you very recently. Turns out, she didn't need it. shrug

Invisible Brainiac #811159 06/11/14 07:56 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
^BTW, not meant to sound confrontational, just genuinely curious.

Invisible Brainiac #811161 06/11/14 08:29 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Zee has actually been one of my dark horse candidates all along. Had I realized Ronnie would need the votes, I probably would've switched them. But I have no regrets. Devil

Invisible Brainiac #811163 06/11/14 08:34 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Man! I can't believe how invested I got in this game and especially in Ronnie & the Prof. I guess it brought back how badly DC ravaged such a great character that I loved so much. I might just have to read my old Firestorm comics some time soon to scratch that itch!

Lard Lad #811165 06/11/14 08:44 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
For discussion purposes, it was only after Firestorm, Beetle and Booster were all eliminated when I realized that among the three, I liked Firestorm most! I actually regret his elimination more than either. Still, hindsight is 20/20 and even if I had swapped him for Ted (who got 10 points) in my vote that round, he'd still have gone him. Firestorm would have gotten 183 points, still 2 below Elongated Man. Ronnie would have had to tie with Ralph to stay in the game.

I'm still undecided as to which of these two I like more.

Yeah, right? I left for work that day thinking Ronnie was in because of how I perceived LWL's notice. Imagine my surprise....! mad

Yes, I thought at first that LWL meant to literally swap Ronnie into his #2 spot, where Hal was. BUT that's not how he meant it.
when I saw he had edited his original vote with Firestorm in 6th place instead of 2nd, that's what I had to use smile

So does that mean you would have sacrificed Mari if you thought Ronnie was in danger? If so, does that merit special consideration from the judge/Ibby?

Or we could spare Ibby some pain and just edit those NOs for Firestorm into YESes!!! C'MON! You guys afraid that your divas couldn't survive against Ronnie and the Prof again?!?! tease

Well, the only way for thothkins to have saved Firestorm was to sacrifice Vixen. Without thothkins' first place vote she would definitely have gone home last round. She ended with 187 votes; if thothkins had made her only second place she'd be at 147, way way below the 8th place Ralph at 185. Tough choice, huh?

shake

Not me! Ronnie and the Prof aren't out because of anything I did... shake Do you really like Zee better, or did you think she'd need the votes more, Edie? She only got top billing from you very recently. Turns out, she didn't need it. shrug

Zee has actually been one of my dark horse candidates all along. Had I realized Ronnie would need the votes, I probably would've switched them. But I have no regrets. Devil

Actually, Zee needed that first place vote from EDE. She ended up with 215 points. If EDE had only ranked her second, she would have finished with 175 - below Elongated Man at rank 8. She would have gone home in place of Ronnie. tongue (IF he had also ranked Firestorm first!)

So I think EDE wouldn't have saved Firestorm at the expense of Zatanna, if I'm understanding his post right.

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/11/14 09:02 PM.
Invisible Brainiac #811167 06/11/14 08:53 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L

Well, the only way for thothkins to have saved Firestorm was to sacrifice Vixen. Without thothkins' first place vote she would definitely have gone home last round. She ended with 187 votes; if thothkins had made her only second place she'd be at 147, way way below the 8th place Ralph at 185. Tough choice, huh?

Not for me! tongue

But I realized that when I presented the question to thothkins. If he knew that his vote would be to keep one or the other (instead of both as intended because of "LWL-gate" wink ), would he have chosen to save Mari....or Ronnie/Prof? hmmm

Lard Lad #811168 06/11/14 08:56 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Man! I can't believe how invested I got in this game and especially in Ronnie & the Prof. I guess it brought back how badly DC ravaged such a great character that I loved so much. I might just have to read my old Firestorm comics some time soon to scratch that itch!

Any recommendations, Lardy? I think it says a lot about Firestorm that I like him a lot even though I didn't read his solo series. And I sympathize, this round made me realize how fascinated I am with Ronnie and the Prof!

Come to think of it, even Dinah isn't really safe anymore. Looking back through old rounds, most of her 1st place points have been coming from Future, Xben and razsolo.

The votes last round were so close, that everyone now will have to think really hard about how we rank our characters. As my examples above (Zee, Vixen) show, even the characters who finished 2nd to 4th place last round were not totally safe. If anyone had put them in 2nd place instead of in 1st place, J'Onn Zee and Shayera could all have gone home!

Anyway I've thought about it and I'm not going to extend this round nor am I going to tweak the rules. We used 75% in Legion Idol and in Titans Idol, and only 1 character each made it through then. It looks like this round nobody will return unless we magically get 2 more generous voters. Or, as Lardy suggested...

re Ibby some pain and just edit those NOs for Firestorm into YESes!!! C'MON! You guys afraid that your divas couldn't survive against Ronnie and the Prof again?!?! tease

Don't look at me, EDE or LWL, we all gave Ronnie and the Prof a YES! tongue

Actually, editing of votes ISN'T technically disallowed wink House rules say so. It's frowned upon, yes, (we players can get very emotionally invested in these games) but not totally against the rules.

Although I would have to heavily discourage it, especially in normal ranking rounds where the voter hasn't made a mistake with his/her vote. It's sure to rile those who thought their characters were safe, only to come back and see that some clever editing had sent a fave home!

It should be more acceptable this round since it's not a zero-sum round and we don't have a quota on how many characters to bring back tongue

Invisible Brainiac #811181 06/11/14 09:26 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L

re Ibby some pain and just edit those NOs for Firestorm into YESes!!! C'MON! You guys afraid that your divas couldn't survive against Ronnie and the Prof again?!?! tease

Actually, editing of votes ISN'T technically disallowed wink House rules say so. It's frowned upon, yes, (we players can get very emotionally invested in these games) but not totally against the rules.

Although I would have to heavily discourage it, especially in normal ranking rounds where the voter hasn't made a mistake with his/her vote. It's sure to rile those who thought their characters were safe, only to come back and see that some clever editing had sent a fave home!

It should be more acceptable this round since it's not a zero-sum round and we don't have a quota on how many characters to bring back tongue

You heard the guy, fellow participants--he DEMANDS you vote Ronnie/Prof Stein back in (and Kimiyo, while you're at it wink ) ! grin

Last edited by Paladin; 06/11/14 09:27 PM.

Invisible Brainiac #811182 06/11/14 09:30 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
This one's been harder to keep a tally of in my head. Different format requires different thinky-meat bits, I guess!

It's not looking good for our heroes, at the moment! And thank goodness the Google knows the answer to questions like 'what percent of 13 is 3?' (answer, 'less than 75%'), 'cause I don't do math.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Invisible Brainiac #811183 06/11/14 09:32 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L

Any recommendations, Lardy? I think it says a lot about Firestorm that I like him a lot even though I didn't read his solo series. And I sympathize, this round made me realize how fascinated I am with Ronnie and the Prof!

memory's fuzzy on the specifics, Ibby. But when I eventually read/re-read Firestorm, I'll review it just as I currently am on my Avengers project. It'll be easier then to recommend it. But offhand, the book was best when Gerry Conway was writing it: that entails the original 5-issue series, the Flash backups and Fury of.... A search shows me, he wrote the latter for its first 55 issues.

Invisible Brainiac #811186 06/11/14 09:48 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'm perfectly willing to edit any of my "no" votes to a "yes" in exchange for "yes" votes for either Firestorm or Atom!

Crap... now I wish I'd voted "no" on a few more! wink

Eryk Davis Ester #811187 06/11/14 09:52 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'm perfectly willing to edit any of my "no" votes to a "yes" in exchange for "yes" votes for either Firestorm or Atom!

Crap... now I wish I'd voted "no" on a few more! wink

Me, too...for Firestorm, anyway! nod

Darn! Running outta time since Ibby won't extend the round! faint

I'll check in before work in the morning if any takers!!! nod

Last edited by Paladin; 06/11/14 09:55 PM.

Invisible Brainiac #811188 06/11/14 10:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I promise not to change my YES vote for Firestorm to NO if people change their NO vote for the Atom to YES. wink

Invisible Brainiac #811191 06/11/14 10:12 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
And I promise to outsource the tallying to an "impartial" party if you all keep trading your votes around wink

You heard the guy, fellow participants--he DEMANDS you vote Ronnie/Prof Stein back in (and Kimiyo, while you're at it wink ) ! grin

Now I'm just tempted to change the rules so the highest-ranked female character and the highest-ranked character with flames on their head both return to the game! wink

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/11/14 10:17 PM.
Lard Lad #811193 06/11/14 10:17 PM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Let's throw this Q out there - if you could only return one character to the game, which would you pick?

I'm torn right now. Kimiyo is by far my fave, and with some key eliminations these past two rounds she might have a decent chance to progress. But Ronnie & the Prof is also a newfound fave and is proving to be very popular! (far more popular then Ice and Fire and Ted)!

memory's fuzzy on the specifics, Ibby. But when I eventually read/re-read Firestorm, I'll review it just as I currently am on my Avengers project. It'll be easier then to recommend it. But offhand, the book was best when Gerry Conway was writing it: that entails the original 5-issue series, the Flash backups and Fury of.... A search shows me, he wrote the latter for its first 55 issues.

Thanks, Lardy! I'm looking forward to your reviews. I own exactly two issues of Fury of Firestorm. One where Martin Stein played detective and tracked down Killer Frost, another where Firestorm (with Ted, Booster, Dinah and Scott Free) faced a berserk Red Tornado. I'll have to go look for some others!

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/11/14 10:19 PM.
Page 23 of 35 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 34 35

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,048,865
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star