Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Apache Chief (Star of the Super Friends) Thread
Power Boy #810756 06/08/14 12:44 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
^^Not to mention Gleek!

I like the idea of Samarai's powers as inherited.

Eryk Davis Ester #810763 06/08/14 12:59 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Most of the other powers that Samarai randomly display can probably be explained as corollaries of his basic "air elemental" abilities. He occasionally turns invisible, but that could be thought of as turning his body to a gaseous state. Even his occasional random ability to set things on fire could be explained as the result of his control of oxidation.

His origin... a professor empowered by a beam of energy sent by the New Gods... always reminded me a bit of Doctor Light.

Ooh, that's some good thinking EDE! I love the idea of making his random grab-bag of powers instead all based on air manipulation or taking on properties of air.

With a little comic-book Treknobabble, even the illusions could have something to do with refraction and whatever, like how heat in the desert can ripple the air and create mirages.

Concentrating oxygen in the air around a certain point could cause it to spontaneously burst into flames, so that one totally works (according to my hasty Googling, since my high school science classes ill-prepared me for this conversation).

Invisibility shouldn't be much of a deal for someone who can, at least partially, turn into air, since air is generally invisible to the human eye (although he would likely also be intangible as air in that form as well).

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Elvar #810764 06/08/14 01:01 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Elvar
[Linked Image]

Now I want to know more about the lizard-woman with the funky dual-halberd/axe/thing!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Power Boy #810768 06/08/14 01:27 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Is that Dr. Mist next to Apache Chief?

Set #810770 06/08/14 01:43 PM
E
Substitute
Substitute
E
Originally Posted by Set
[Linked Image]

Now I want to know more about the lizard-woman with the funky dual-halberd/axe/thing!

It's the Tangent Universe Wonder Woman i believe.

Elvar #810832 06/08/14 09:56 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard

Apparently in the mainstream DC Samurai's origins differ a bit from his Super Powers limited series origin though still connected to the New God Steppenwolf. In Justice League of America 80 Page Giant #1 (November, 2009) The Lord of Time disperses the Justice League throughout time where Superman and Doctor Light end up in Japan in the year 1223 to witness the origins of the original Samurai (Toshio). The powers may be passed down through the generations?

I remember that story, thanks for bringing it up. Loved seeing Dr. Light and Superman interact with one another, and Kimiyo's reactions to being in ancient Japan. I think she and Samurai could have some good stories together.

Here's the full text on the ancient Samurai from the Wikipedia article:

"Prior to Samurai's appearance in Brightest Day, an alternate version of the character named Toshio was introduced into the DC Universe in the Justice League of America 80-Page Giant one-shot. This version was an actual samurai from Japan in the 1200s, who was granted mystical abilities by a sorceress. After a brief battle with the time-displaced Superman and Doctor Light, Toshio teamed up with the heroes to defeat Steppenwolf".

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 06/08/14 09:56 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ferroboy
ferroboy
Newburgh, NY
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star