Roll Call
0 members (), 16 Murran Spies, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/22/24 08:07 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/22/24 08:06 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/22/24 08:02 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/22/24 06:35 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/22/24 03:44 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/22/24 05:04 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Legion Encyclopedia - Bios
Fat Cramer #766892 03/31/13 07:24 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally Posted by Fat Cramer
Reboot
Comet Queen

First Appearance: Legionnaires #43 (vol. 3) December 1996
Group Affiliation: Legion Academy
Home Planet: n/a
Height: n/a
Weight: n/a
Eyes:
Hair: None
Special Abilities and Powers: n/a

A character resembling Comet Queen appeared at a try-out for Legion membership. She was seen later in the series as a cadet in The Legion Academy. No details were given regarding her name, history or powers.

Confirmed as Comet Queen, not merely "resembling" in SF&O #1. She was never seen to be a student at the Legion Academy on Warnabros, but she was a member of the Legion Cadets program on Legion World.

[Additional, there's only been one volume of Legionnaires. And, copy-editing-wise, why capitalise the "The" in "the Legion Academy"? That's reserved for something like The Hague, where the "The" is part of the name. Also, I think we can safely say her eyes were yellow and that she could fly! smile ]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
Nightcrawler #766912 04/01/13 03:27 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks, changes made.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Nightcrawler #776597 06/22/13 02:45 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'm sorry for coming late to this party, but thanks to everyone who's contributed thus far.

This is obviously not going to happen this year as a published book. Just not enough contributors here and in the art thread.

That said, I would like to continue this and make an online version. But, I have to disagree about the separate versions. I always think that's more confusing than it needs to be. When you read about Batman or Superman, they don't break out each version of the character as separate and distinct. They present them as a character and discuss the various interpretations. Each article should be an overview of the character with distinct incarnations being mentioned, but not a separate version of the same character.

Nightcrawler #776826 06/23/13 11:03 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
[Linked Image]

Nightcrawler #776832 06/23/13 11:43 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nighty, I agree that having one single version simplifies things. However, some characters have ENORMOUS difference between evrsions. How do we treat that? Maybe have a separate section for "Alternate Versions" and just mention the major differences in said section (e.g. for Wildfire, the Alternate Versions section could touch on the Postboot version being an amalgamation of 2 characters; for Element Lad, the Postboot version's section would touch on the whole Progenitor thing while the Threeboot would mention his power limitations of only transmuting things he touches and causing changes that only last 60 seconds).

Last edited by Invisible Brainiac; 08/17/13 08:38 PM.
Nightcrawler #783682 08/17/13 08:40 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
As an example of my suggestion above, check out wikipedia's Dazzler article. Towards the bottom, there's a section discussing the various alternate versions.

I think that's a decent compromise that would please fans who grew up with the Postboot or Threeboot Legions, as opposed to the original Preboot version.

Nightcrawler #783683 08/17/13 09:03 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
KID QUANTUM II
FIRST APPEARANCE: Legion of Super-Heroes (vol. 4) 82 (July 1996)
STATUS Hero
REAL NAME Jazmin Cullen
GROUP AFFILIATION Legion of Super-Heroes
PLANET Xanthu
HEIGHT 5ft. 8in
WEIGHT 145 lbs
EYES Amber
HAIR Black
SPECIAL POWERS/ABILITIES Kid Quantum II can control quantum fields that affect time and matter. Objects in her fields can have time around them accelerated to the point of decay, or decelerated to the point of being placed in stasis. She can also fly without a Legion flight ring.

Jazmin and her brother James had always been competitive, even as children. So when James was killed in action as the Legionnaire Kid Quantum, her first reaction was anger at the shame he had brought their family. She also resented the Legion for failing to save his life.

She studied biophysics and risked her life to amplify her own quantum powers, so she wouldn't have to rely on a power belt to boost them like James did. This earned her a spot on Xanthu's Uncanny Amazers.

Her attitude towards the Legion would slowly change after she learned that Prefect Lamar of Xanthu did not appreciate James' death as an act of heroism. She further warmed up to the Legion after working alongside them to defeat Mordru, and then again when Star Boy and Monstress helped the Amazers defend Xanthu against invading aliens. She was accepted into the Legion after she asked to join.

Kid Quantum II, alongside Element Lad and Wildfire, used their powers in concert to try and close the Rift threatening the galaxy during the Great Rift Disaster. Although they were successful, they and some of their teammates were sucked into the rift before it closed. Guilt-stricken at not being fast enough. Kid Quantum II was overjoyed when they encountered Element Lad again and would not entertain the idea that he had changed into the Progenitor. She only reluctantly fought against him after he had killed Monstress.

Upon returning to U.P. space, she was nominated for Legion leader by Cosmic Boy. He cited her strength of character and fierce belief in the Legion's ideals. She began a relationship with him after that.

During the invasion of Darkseid, she was shown using her powers to travel through time. It is unknown if this is an expanded function of her abilities, or if it was a function of the time upheavals happening then.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,349
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
bIZARRO nO.1
bIZARRO nO.1
bIZARRO wORLD
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star