Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: Let's talk about LSH #10 (potential spoilers aplenty)...
#74210 10/01/05 06:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by knowjack:
I find it ironic that a character created solely to be a straight guy's idea of the perfect "babe" should have among her loyal fans, a gay guy...
Life's funny like that.
---gay guy
And another piece of irony - the comment about the "gay guys loving Dream Girl" bit was written by yet another gay guy - who would dearly love to have the older, whiter Star Boy-with-beard back again...if only in his dreams *sighs*

#74211 10/01/05 06:11 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Originally posted by disaster boy:
wait...why are people speaking in interlac? i mean dosn't everyone speak interlac ...and we are reading english translations. if some of these characters are speaking interlac what is the new default language that we are reding every month. the legionaires now speak english in the future?
I thought about that a bit too - my thought was that people are speaking whatever the common language on 30th Century earth is, not Interlac. It makes sense from the standpoint that the UP is still (seemingly) pretty Balkanized - there may not be a widely spoken common language. Some of the "small l" legionnaires are picking it up and starting to use it in the same way (and for the same reasons) as that Esperanto group I joined in college...

I don't have the books handy right now - does the flight ring have translator functions as well?

#74212 10/01/05 07:28 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
My Comments:

1) There seems to be some serious couples pairings on the mission teams;
Brainy and Nura on Earth
Light Lass and Star Boy on Dormir
Shadow Lass and Sun Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad on Ttrxl
Karate Kid and Phantom Girl, Projectra and Brin (soon) on Terror Firma homeworld

2) Didn't understand how they caught Elysion by leading him to the dark side of the planet, or how they knew to do so in the first place.

My Opinions:

1) Lyle was hoping Nura was out of the HQ before it crashed - and thought he saw Nura in the plaza, but to his dismay it was another person. That's all to that.

2) Brainy mentioned throughout that his force field had a limited amount of power. The force field controls missing from his belt while in the plaza had been transferred to Nura (via Atom Girl?) When Nura used it, it was low on energy and was sufficient to save her life, but not enough to keep the rubble off.

3) The two people in the ring reflection for cover #11 are DEFINITELY Brainy and Nura.

4) The bald legionnaire will be Atom Girl.

5) Projectra will be the Legionnaire who develops new powers.

6) Nura's loss of precognative powers are more likely linked to Infinite Crisis in some way, where the big-time DC writers like Mr. Waid are sure to be involved. The future is unclear because that's the premise of the whole Crisis itself.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#74213 10/01/05 08:12 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmm, somebody mentioned on another board that Waid killed Ice in a similar fashion. Didn't he say on the Women in the Refrigerator site that he regretted that? Would he really make the same mistake twice?

[Edit]

Yep he did say that:
I'm responsible for the death of Ice. My call, my worst mistake in comics, my biggest regret. I remember hearing myself ask the editor, "Who's the JLAer whose death would evoke the most fierce gut reaction from readers?" What a dope. Mea culpa. But I've learned my lesson. In fact, one of the only reasons I still hang on to FLASH is because I know beyond any shadow of a doubt that the moment I walk, the next guy's gonna drop a safe on Linda Park's head before my last voucher's been paid.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#74214 10/02/05 06:40 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
KidQuislet, great observations about the couples! I f those are the new couples I don't mind them at all. Brainy/Nura, Star Boy/Light Lass, Projecta and Brin are my faves. The others I may need time to grow on me. KK/PG...as long as they never reference that silly origin again...I will accept. heh.

As for Dream Girl? I think she will be back...she might get a drastic makeover. Bald Legionnaire might be her! I wouldn't mind it.

#74215 10/02/05 07:38 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Arachne:
Hmm, somebody mentioned on another board that Waid killed Ice in a similar fashion. Didn't he say on the Women in the Refrigerator site that he regretted that? Would he really make the same mistake twice?
Didn't Waid also sort of, kind of kill Linda Park on her wedding day by erasing her from reality? That didn't last, and neither will Nura's "death", I'll wager. No longer than is necessary to pull at our heartstrings, anyway. After Identity Crisis, killing and abusing comic book heroines is looked upon as sooo uncool - unless they go out in a blaze of glory - which Nura didn't. I think Waid is too enlightened now to really "ice" Dream Girl in this way.

I believe it's all a ploy to get Brainy to fall in love with Nura, and make the marriage prophecy inevitable. This has all happened before, of course. smile

#74216 10/02/05 09:09 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Maybe Nura'll turn out to be one of the missing Carggites? wink

#74217 10/02/05 01:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Maybe Nura'll turn out to be one of the missing Carggites? wink
That's just wrong. shake

#74218 10/02/05 01:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
that's just dream girl's arm in the wreckage. what about a new nura with a robotic arm like lightning lad's.

ok that's a terrible idea but i just want her alive! they could clone body parts in the future..

#74219 10/02/05 01:48 PM
Active
Active
I can go either way with Dream Girl's apparent demise. If she's just badly injured and recovers, there's some material to work with.

If however, she is gone, than that works as well. Her mom, and other UP delegates with Legion kids may finally get galvanized into action. Not to mention the deaths of those poor legion fans in the plaza.

#74220 10/02/05 08:07 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Back to the Chameleon-antenna thing for a second... I had the idea that his antennae would pop out to scan Lemnos any time Lemnos was around, because his subconscious would keep forgetting that he had met Lemnos before. Of course, now that Saturn Girl has blocked the Legion against Lemnos's memory powers, that wouldn't be true any more.

#74221 10/02/05 08:30 PM
Reservist
OP Offline
Reservist
At the risk of getting stoned...

I think Dream Girl's "fate" will be something out of Monty Python & The Holy Grail.

Brainiac 5: Dream Girl! Dream Girl! Speak to me! Brave, brave Dream Girl, you shall not have died in vain!
Dream Girl: Uh, I'm-- I'm not quite dead, Brainy.
Brainiac 5: Well, you shall not have been mortally wounded in vain!
Dream Girl: I-- I-- I think I c-- I could pull through, Brainy.
Brainiac 5: Oh, I see.
Dream Girl: Actually, I think I'm all right to come with you, Brainy--
Brainiac 5: No, no, sweet Dream Girl! Stay here! I will send help as soon as I have accomplished a daring and heroic rescue in my own particular... sigh
Dream Girl: Idiom, Brainy?
Brainac 5: Idiom!
Dream Girl: No, I feel fine, actually, Brainy.
LAUNCELOT: Farewell, sweet Dream Girl!
Dream Girl: I'll, um, I'll just stay here then. Shall I, Brainy? Yeah.

The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!
#74222 10/02/05 09:01 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
That cute alien is Proty not Cham! I know it!

#74223 10/03/05 06:47 AM
Leader
Leader
Maybe Atom Girl will finally appear by growing out of Dream Girl's lifeless body and exploding out of her stomach like Alien. Then she'll of course have Dream Girl's powers and be called Dreatom Girl

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#74224 10/03/05 08:08 AM
Active
Active
Vi did love to steal the powers of her dead team-mates.

"are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over- an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

-Tobias Funke
#74225 10/03/05 10:12 AM
Active
Active
A bald Dream Girl and a long awaited debut of Violet are eagerly anticipated.

#74226 10/05/05 11:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
[Linked Image]
Hmmmm.... Barry is *such* a tease!!!

#74227 10/05/05 12:07 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I just wanted to say that the issue was amazing! I loved it from cover to cover. I think it is one of the strongest Dream Girl stories I have ever read. If she is indeed dead, I will be upset, but I will also think it was an interesting send off.
I can't wait for what comes next though, the suspense just keeps building.
Thom

#74228 10/05/05 03:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Forget Dream Girl! I'm worried about Bodger frown

#74229 10/05/05 04:12 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
I was never sure whether Bodger and Bonce were real people or holograms or maybe even a pair of illusions.
It would be absolutely cool for a Legionnaire like Jeckie to always have her own personal security team at all times. Think about it, if one of the Royals were superpowered and insisted on being a superhero wouldn't the government INSIST on having a couple of (or even several) highly trained "licensed to kill" agents around at all times?

There's more to this than meets the eye.

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#74230 10/05/05 05:18 PM
Active
Active
yeah, why didn't Bodger and Bonce go with the Princess and the Legion Team thu the portal? were they Orandoans or were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.

Gorilla Nebula
#74231 10/05/05 05:28 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.
That's what I figured.

#74232 10/05/05 06:36 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I had a weird thought recently.

You know how, in this incarnation of the Legion, all the characters have their powers and alien origins and personalities all tightly tied together?

Well, so far nobody seems to trust Invisible Kid. This matches his powers: you can't see him, so you can't count on him. Maybe there's something about the invisibility serum that causes this reaction in other people.

And then I had another weird thought. There's another character in this comic book who has a somewhat comparable effect on people, and powers that could produce the effect of invisibility. I'm talking about Lemnos.

Is there any possibility that Lemnos and Invisible Kid are the same person? It'd take a lot of sleight-of-hand on Lemnos's part, and Terror Firma wouldn't be in on the secret, but it might be just possible.

I don't really think it's true. But the notion intrigued me.

#74233 10/05/05 07:16 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
yeah, why didn't Bodger and Bonce go with the Princess and the Legion Team thu the portal? were they Orandoans or were they unloyal servants who beat it once the "Daddy" who signs their checks was (seemingly) destroyed.
I doubt that they're disloyal, given the fact that they were still in the vicinity of the Legion HQ when it blew up. That's just my opinion, though.

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#74234 10/06/05 06:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Matthew E:
And then I had another weird thought. There's another character in this comic book who has a somewhat comparable effect on people, and powers that could produce the effect of invisibility. I'm talking about Lemnos.

Is there any possibility that Lemnos and Invisible Kid are the same person? It'd take a lot of sleight-of-hand on Lemnos's part, and Terror Firma wouldn't be in on the secret, but it might be just possible.

I don't really think it's true. But the notion intrigued me.
Has Lemnos' origin been told yet? I was just wondering if he could have connections to Preztor, being that he is a non-corporeal demon/being and an emissary to the Dream Demon who had conjured up the Invisble Kid image in the pre-CRISIS Legion stories? This last could be feasible - Invisible Kid is the traitor in the ranks... shudder

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star