Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Let's talk about LSH #13...(spoilers aplenty)
#6422 01/18/06 07:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Can't imagine protean tasting too good. Maybe like sea cucumber.

Hey wasn't there a protean blob depicted in a panel showing Brainy's lab.

Uh Oh... My pre-cog powers have allowed me to see a discussion from the Legion World Internet forum in 2030 regarding the Proty/Nura revelation.

To be posted by BrainyFan2020:
Hey Brainy is like the smartest guy in the universe. As if he wouldn't have figured it out in all these years.

#6423 01/18/06 08:26 PM
Active
Active
At the risk of sounding single-minded...now that Sun Boy has quit the team...can Trip's third body have the flight ring he tossed away?

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#6424 01/18/06 08:47 PM
Active
Active
nope. supergirl is getting it.

Gorilla Nebula
#6425 01/18/06 08:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Brainy wouldn't let Kara have Dreamy's, would he?

#6426 01/18/06 11:08 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Haven't read it yet but...

Sun Boy and B5 should be the two top dogs. I've been over Cos for decades now. Like Cyclops and Captain America he's somewhat boring. I hope Sun Boy returns as the prodigal son and leads the team. Cos is good at something else...a mentor/big brother to younger members. If he's not leader I can see him taking Invisible Kid under his wing, etc.

#6427 01/19/06 07:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Another thought:

I think we've just witnessed the birth of the reimagined SUBS with Sun Boy assuming Polar Boy's role as leader of a motley crew of super-outcasts. And Kynda is the new Night Girl.

#6428 01/19/06 07:16 AM
Leader
Leader
What a huge disappointment after such a long wait.

Who's writing this crap? A five year old?

"Okay, um, the bad guys were SO bad that they destroyed the WHOLE WORLD! So then the good guys came to beat the bad guys up. But then the bad guys got tired of fighting so they quit. Then they all made friends and lived happily ever after. The end."

Are we to believe that after destroying an entire planet and every living thing on it--and not just any planet, but the richest, most powerful planet in the entire UP and a Legionnaire's homeworld--the Legion is just going to let Terror Firma walk away? And Projectra and the other Legionnaires are just going to stand there and say nothing, not even when one of their own members decides to join the enemy camp?

And just how is Sun Boy being his own person when all he's doing is going from one super powered team to another? And we STILL don't know if Dream Girl's going to be saved or not.

I want my money AND my 6 weeks of anticipation back please.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#6429 01/19/06 10:20 AM
Active
Active
I enjoyed the issue. I liked the action, the quips, and the fact that are lots of good plot points floating around.

Dream Girl and Star Boy. I would like to see them on at least one date. maybe we could then get some more background on the guy. but if he is allergic to sugar, he should stay away from Dream Girl. I am here all week folks. smile

oh boy, poor Brainy. but hey just cuz a guy spends all his time and energy bringing you back from the dead in no way obligates her to a relationship.

not sure how lemnos is supposed to help bring back Dreamy. but I await for the outcome to that.

good teaming of Saturn Girl and Projectra powers.

and Cham continues to unnerve me with his power. first the body mask last issue and now he was imbibing the water guy.

my only nitpick is with terror firma. how about community service, ankle tracking bracelet or something. talk about a slap on the wrist.

good stuff. and I am eagerly looking forward to what will happen this year.

#6430 01/19/06 10:34 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by wamu2:
not sure how lemnos is supposed to help bring back Dreamy.

my only nitpick is with terror firma. how about community service, ankle tracking bracelet or something. talk about a slap on the wrist.
Maybe Lemnos will make everyone forget she died.

THAT'S a nitpick? They get off scottfree with a new Legionnaire poster boy after committing genocide?

#6431 01/19/06 11:17 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
To be fair, it's not entirely clear how much Terror Firma were actually responsible for regarding the destruction of Orando and other crimes. It could very easily have been Elysion alone leading Lemnos's army on Orando.

#6432 01/19/06 12:17 PM
Active
Active
yes, it's not clear. that's why there are holding cells, police investigations, and trials. i hope Sun Boy ends up getting "burned" by his involvement with Terror Firma.
after years of lame conclusions and gaping plot holes from DnA, i am pretty fed up to be getting this from WaK. i thought better of you guys! how about some 2 parters that are tightly plotted, and bad guy's with purpose and personality. another 13 month storyline will lose me for sure.

Gorilla Nebula
#6433 01/19/06 02:03 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
I was also disappointed. Maybe not as disappointed as some, but then, I keep my expectations really low. The entire issue lacked any real suspense. The only plus is that the funny parts were actually funny. Looking forward to the 4-boot...

#6434 01/19/06 03:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
it's just me, or did the legionnaires kill many people during this issue? i mean, for example, when star boy made a huge platform fall on the heads of lemnos' soldiers they sure didn't just see some birds fly as usually happens to will e coyote...
i understand that the legion was at war, and casualties are a part of what war is. but what made me feel strange is that they did it with a smile on their faces, especially since in the end the only ones to manifest their remorses where terror firma.

#6435 01/19/06 06:59 PM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
I thought the main story was okay. I really did enjoy the rest of the team coming through the last transmat, and I've always liked seeing the whole Legion in action at once.

The whole "Terror Firma aren't really bad sentients" stuff doesn't really sit well with me. I suppose you can write it off to the fact that kids occasionally do really stupid things (I certainly did), but wiping out Orando is kinda hard to just let go. I wonder how Jeckie feels about Dirk's decision to be pals with that crew?

But that was a relatively minor point to me; what wasn't a minor point was the backup story. It was a mediocre tribute to one of the best characters of the three-boot. I really didn't care for the "I was just yanking Brainy's chain, Star Boy's really my cuppa" thing. Especially coming from a fill-in writer.

The Brainy/Dreamy dynamic was one of the most powerful parts of the new Legion, and to have it tossed aside with barely a "just kidding" is really annoying to me (and I know that WaK blessed the story or it wouldn't have appeared, the fill-in writer was just salt in the wound). Brainy becoming that attached to someone who was just joking with him makes him look like a pathetic chump and really completely negates the impact of the last panel of the main story. I suddenly don't really care if we ever see Dreamy again, and I really don't want to see Brainy fawning over her any more.

Throw in the fact that Imra knows this and...well, I've ranted enough. I'm ready for the next issue now.

#6436 01/19/06 07:37 PM
K
Active
Active
K
First, I'll post my comments without reading what others have said (that way I won't be influenced by anyone's opionion). Then, I'll go back and read the comments.

First off, I was eagerly anticipating this issue. After the delay, I was expecting a big payoff. Well, having read it, I'm still waiting.

First off -- the bland cover. Please guys, this isn't the way to make a cover stand out amist House of This and Infinite That!!

I have to say that art is 60% of the book to me and writing is 40%. So, while reading the first few pages, I quickly became aware that the art looked dull compared to past issues. Looked at the cover and wondered how this could be Thibert. Admittedly, I though Drew Geraci was better-suited to Kitson's pencils, but this was ridiculous. Turns out it was Mick Gray, whom I usually like quite a bit. Just goes to show that a good inker and a good penciller are not always a match made in heaven.

Sadly, the story was even more dull. The promise of the first few issues is gone. The characters have quickly become obnoxious, and the plots are about as exciting as the articles in the Wall Street Journal.

Will the promise of Supergirl and perhaps a few more classic Legionnaires (Dawnstar better not be a one-issue gimmick) inject some needed excitement into this title. Let's hope so. And let's hope Waid rethinks his entire approach to this title -- because the numbers are getting smaller each month -- and issue 13 ain't going to turn that around!

#6437 01/19/06 07:46 PM
K
Active
Active
K
the sudden fickleness of the Terror Firma was pretty unbelievable. hard to believe they look up to the legion when they've been slaughtering worlds and sentients, and battling the legion themselves with no attempt to explain themselves or say "hey, we like you!".
I've never found this group remotely interesting. And to have Sun Boy join them is just adding insult to injury. Well, maybe he'll get a decent costume out of the deal if nothing else.

I agree with another poster in that it makes no sense for Sun Boy to leave this team and join another team.

#6438 01/19/06 08:50 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by kcekada:

and the plots are about as exciting as the articles in the Wall Street Journal.
oh man. I am a business major and reading the WSJ is one of the highlights of my day. how dare you slander such a great paper. by the moons of Talok I demand an apology.

#6439 01/19/06 09:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I too enjoy the WSJ over a morning cup of coffee. Discussions of how Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for financial reporting will effect the future of economic development and overall industrial competitiveness or how the US current account deficit is stealing American children's future while not as exciting as Legion or Infinite Crisis are fascinating.

See if I'd compared the LSH to the WSJ it would have been a compliment.

#6440 01/19/06 09:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Does the Schapelle Korby debacle grab your attention, Tamper - especially in view that her brother's being arrested for drug possession had reduced her chances for a lighter prison sentence? mad

#6441 01/19/06 10:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
funny thing, is that Barry Kitson not showing up to see the criticisim from you guys. I hope that we will hear from him soon and hope that he can offer his thought of this issue for us.

#6442 01/19/06 11:15 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Great Issue . . . Nuff said!

UltraBoy
#6443 01/20/06 07:19 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
To be fair, it's not entirely clear how much Terror Firma were actually responsible for regarding the destruction of Orando and other crimes. It could very easily have been Elysion alone leading Lemnos's army on Orando.
But Cosmic Boy accuses Terror Firma of genocide himself and they don't deny it. Plus Lemnos made it clear that he ordered the death of Orando and TF says that they look up to him.

#6444 01/20/06 08:57 AM
Active
Active
barry is a pro. he has always encouraged honest feedback here on LW. seems like he wants to know what we fans think about, what issues and plots work for us and what don't and why. as long as no one is rude and disrespectful i don't think there should be a problem. barry has been posting over on the cover for #17 thread. so he's obviously still here and reading the feedback, even if he hasn't chimed in yet. every issue can't be a gem and a pro like barry knows this. we owe it to him and waid and wacker to give them honest opinions. we won't get the book we want unless we ask for it.

Gorilla Nebula
#6445 01/20/06 10:08 AM
Leader
Leader
Barry's art is great as always. It's the story that sucks IMO.

#6446 01/20/06 10:21 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Well, I reread it for the third time. Hasn't gotten better. I have to add my voice to the majority as being disappointed. That's it? HOw could it end like that? It seems as if everything the book had been building was dismantled. Where are we going now? Has the quality in stories, character development, and art the last couple months happened because of IC? It's heartbreaking if this is the road the book is going to take...Here's to hoping things get back on track...

I just can't BLOK it out!
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
King of Snake
King of Snake
Greetings from the Underworld ...
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star