Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller), 113 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/27/24 01:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/27/24 01:54 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:45 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 09/26/24 06:54 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by rickshaw1 - 09/26/24 05:41 PM
Why love the legion?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/26/24 03:47 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/26/24 03:19 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What should DC do for the LEGION's 50th ANNIVERSARY
#610993 07/07/06 12:44 PM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I hope they do more than a one issue special I would like to see a year long event with a crossover with Superman titles,
DC Direct merchandise,
All-Star Legion,
Jim Shooter's Last Legion Story,
Elseworlds Legion,
Pre-Crisis Legion in Dave Cockrum costumes,
Paul Levitz & Kieth Giffen together again,
New Dave Cockrum,Mike Grell,Jim Sherman,Steve Lightle and George Perez art,
Mon-El,
Wildfire,
Dawnstar,
I could go on and on but I would like to see what everybody else would like to see.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
Re: What should DC do for the LEGION's 50th ANNIVERSARY
#610994 07/07/06 12:49 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Deboot wink

[I know, not gonna happen...]

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#610995 07/07/06 01:26 PM
Active
Active
An Elseworlds Legion story would be great and there seams to be so much that could be done there.

DCD 6" figures would be great. While I would love to see the holes in their "classic" line filled it is the children of the 70-80s that are driving the collectors market right now and those designs would sell better. (BTW This will not happen, DCD has LSH pushed so far onto the back burner that the PTBs have forgotten they exist.)

I would love to see a set of Superboy's LSH statues with flashing eyes.

An updated LSH online who's who

A poster triyich the first of the "classic" LSH in flight under their flag, the second of the 80's LSH gathered together similar to the group shot at the LL SG wedding, the third being the currant legion again, in flight (similar to a certain piece of art we have just been shown)

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#610996 07/07/06 01:31 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Here's my idea.

I would like to see a story in which the main character is Darkseid. It would start with his curse of the Legion at the end of the Great Darkness Saga. From there it would reveal how Darkseid engineered and manipulated the Crisis on Infinite Earths, the Time Trapper's machinations with the pocket universe and Superboy, Zero Hour, Superboy-Prime punching stuff, and Infinite Crisis, all in an attempt to gain revenge on the Legion by trying repeatedly to prevent them from ever existing. But this is all backstory, and could be covered in a few pages.

The main part of the story would be Darkseid's discovery of the current version of the Legion. He's surprised that they're there; he thought that he finished them off with the events of the Titans-Legion Special. So now he's really mad, and comes up with some kind of time-travel plan to nullify the Legion once and for all. I don't know what; something that a) is cool, b) is formidable, and c) actually makes a good story. This is the main part of the special, or miniseries, or whatever: the Legion fighting Darkseid's plan.

But here's how it ends: the Legion fails to stop Darkseid's plan. Darkseid is triumphant. Until he takes another look at the 31st century and sees that the Legion is still there, unchanged. And he realizes that he's lost, that his curse is not strong enough: no matter what he or anybody does, there will always be a Legion of Super-Heroes to defend the future. The Legion will survive--it's what they do.

Optional extra: a little epilogue or something at the end showing how either:

a) one of the key Legionnaires is descended from, or
b) a key role in the founding of the Legion was played by

Orion.

That's what I want to read.

#610997 07/07/06 01:46 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
What I really want is a year-long event that begins (in LSH #38) with the current Legion meeting the post-Zero Hour version, and culminates in them meeting the original Legion in LSH #50.

#610998 07/07/06 03:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I like Matthew E's idea better. EDE's iea would only appeal to those who are mainly fans of the original (of whichever era); Matt's idea would untangle and reweave LSH into a unified continuity that could actually make sense for a change.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#610999 07/09/06 11:52 PM
Active
Active
All Star Legion by George Perez and Paul Levitz.

#611000 07/10/06 01:50 AM
Reservist
Reservist
'Greatest Legion Stories Ever Told' hardcover, with good 1 or 2-part stories from each of the major Legion eras. I'd kick it off with the Mask Man story from the Adventure era.

I'll put in another vote for All-Star Legion by Levitz and almost anyone.

Some kind of anniversary issue for the regular series, like what they did for LSH #300 back in the early '80s. Fill it with a bunch of short stories loosely related to (or alternate versions of) Legion eras of the past, getting as many of the surviving Legion artists to do the stories from their respective eras...

#611001 09/30/06 11:15 PM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
I would like two see it done like the 52 series with 4 writers 2 old school 2 new school.

1.Paul Levitz
2.Jim Shooter
3.Allan Heinberg
4.Brad Meltzer

And 8 artists

1.George Perez
2.Chris Batista
3.Jim Lee
4.Carlos Pacheco
5.Dave Cockrum
6.Steve Lightle
7.Kieth Giffen
8.Mike Grell/Jim Sherman

Bring back most of the original Legion's history,personalities and Villians,Throw in some of the re-boot characters,Put them back in mostly Dave Cockrum costumes.
What a great year that would be.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#611002 09/30/06 11:51 PM
Reservist
Reservist
All-Star Legion of Super Heroes...a fitting tribute to comics' longest-running (go ahead & dispute...i'm not payin' attention) super-team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Igee The Mighty!
#611003 10/01/06 08:13 AM
Deputy
Deputy
i want the rest of the silver age toys please

:polarboy:
#611004 10/01/06 01:37 PM
Leader
Leader
Ok, here's what I want:

1. A weekly comic book series entitled Adventure Comics starring _____ and the Legion of Super-Heroes. Each week would have a different name in the _____ slot. We have got, after all, WAY more than 52 Legionniares to draw from in different realities.

The series would start January, 2008, with Adventure Comics #504, 50 years after Adventure Comics #247 hit the stands. (I know the Legion Wiki says ADV#247 came out February 27, 1958, but I think that's a mistake. Back then, most comics were cover dated three months after their release). The series would end with Adventure Comics #556 in December, 2008.

Just as 52 follows seperate and ultimatly inter-related plotlines, so, too, would the Adventure Comics weekly series. However, the different plots would each be different Legion realities, such as Adventure Comics 60s era, Cockrum/Grell 70s era, Levits/Giffin early 80s era, Levitz postboot late 80s era, TMK/Glorithverse early 90s era, reboot late 90s era, an Adult Legion, and an all-new never before seen era.

I'm not fussy about the plot, except that by the end we will have, if not restored the mutli-verse, at least established a way that all Legion realities officially exist, so that every fan can know that, at some point, "their" Legion could re-appear and make at least a guest-appearance.

2. Concurrent with the Adventure Comics weekly series would be an interrelated plot in the regular Legion comic, running from #38 (Jan. 08) to an extra-length 247-page #50 (Jan. 09)

3. Each month would feature a different special Legion related event, including the Launch of new mini-series, a special one-shot event, and/or merchandise. Some suggestions:

JAN:
SERIES: "The Encyclopedia Galactica," a Legion-centric Who's Who type series.
ONE-SHOT: "The Roman Leion," a book that imagines what 31st century might look like in a world in which the Roman Empire never declined, and fell.
MERCH: Legion Statuettes; a Legion Omnicom cellphone and/or PDA skin.

FEB:
SERIES: A four-issue Johhny DC series in which the current animated Legion meets one, or both, of the earlier animated versions.
ONE-SHOT: "Showcase Presents Superman Family vol. x," repriting 500 pages of early Legion appearance not reprinted in the Archives series.
MERCH: Deluxe edition Legion cartoon series DVD; Legion screen savers.

MAR:
SERIES: "All-Star Legion," with the first six-issue arc by Levitz & Perez.
ONE-SHOT: Jim Starlin's Omega story, printed as originally envisioned.
MERCH: Legion chess set; Legion action figures.

APR:
SERIES: "Legion B.I.T.S." (Bioengineered Individual Tachtical Symbiots) A mini-series by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart starring unused characters from the old Bits of Legionniare Business columns.
ONE-SHOT: "Klordny," a book or tpb about Legion fandom.
SPECIAL EVENT: In conjuction with the cover date of Adventure Comics #247, and tying into the Adventure Comics/LSH year-long story, every DC comic this month guest-stars a different Legionnaire.
MERCH: Legion action figures; Grell era Legion Lady busts.

MAY:
SERIES: "Legion Black & White," a six-issue b&w series featuring short any-version Legion stories by name creators.
ONE-SHOT: "Legion Prime," in which people from our 31st century travel back in time to recruit Ultraa. An alternative might be "Justice Legion" or "Infinity Legion" by James Robinson and Jim Starlin, featuring the debut of the Earth-2 Legion.
MERCH: Legion posters; Legion plush dolls

JUNE:
SERIES: "Legion Worlds," a Waid written spotlighting life on various threeboot 31st century worlds.
ONE-SHOT: Release of a new Legion Archives
MERCH: More Legion action figures; A DC Comics Legion Molopoly set

JULY:
SERIES: "The All-New Outsiders," a four-issue series based on Dave Cockrum's almost-way Legion spin-off.
ONE-SHOT: "Bizarro Legion," like the recent Bizarro Comics books, featuring short Legion stories by various indy creators.
MERCH: Legion "slurpee cups"; more Legion action-figures.

AUG:
SERIES: "The Adult Legion," a Vertigo Legion mini-series.
ONE-SHOT: Release of Shooter's "Last Legion" story, with Alan Davis/Mark Farmer on art.
MERCH: A Legion card game; more Legion action figures.

SEPT:
SERIES: A Darwin Cooke three-issue mini series, set in the universe established in Adventure Comics 247, with the Legionnaires having the powers, costumes and origins established in that issue. Also, not contradictory with that issue, this Legion would exist in a world that never developed faster-than-light travel, so humans will have colonized all of our solar system, but no further. Meeting Chameleon, and learning that there is life beyond the solar system, would likely be the plot.
ONE-SHOT: "Legion Gallery," a poster/pin-up book
MERCH: Legion character t-shirts i.e. with various chest symbols. I want an Ultra Boy shirt)

OCT:
SERIES: "Black Dawn" one-shot by TMK, a four-issue limited series documenting the five-year gap.
ONE-SHOT: "Legion Marvels," either a Legion/Imperian Guard corss-over, or just turn the Legion over the Quesida & Co. and see what happens.
MERCH: More Legion action figures; more Legion t-shorts.

NOV:
SERIES: "Legionniares," launch new series with each issue spotlighting a different Legionnaire.
ONE-SHOT: "Greatest Legion Stories Ever Told" as voted on by fans.
MERCH: a book or Legion Comapnion type tpb profiling different Legion cretors and telling behind the scenes stories; re-release of Legion flight ring.

DEC:
SERIES: "Legion" a bi-monthly Alex Ross series a la "Justice."
ONE-SHOT: "Legion", An Alex Ross tabloid similar to his other DCU tabloid books.
MERCHM: Some kind of City of Heroes type P2P computer game styled on the Legion; Silver age Legion flag.

#611005 10/01/06 01:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
have DC direct re-issue the Legion Flight rings again.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#611006 11/17/06 12:08 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I've just been reading over these again and I must say I like the way Portfolio Boy thinks. Especially this part:
by the end we will have, if not restored the mutli-verse, at least established a way that all Legion realities officially exist, so that every fan can know that, at some point, "their" Legion could re-appear and make at least a guest-appearance
Anyway. I still want the story I said I wanted (up in the fourth post in this thread), but I've thought of something else I want too.

A poster.

I know a couple of other people have mentioned posters, but this is different. I want a big poster, as big as is possible for them to print. And this poster would have on it:

Everybody.

Every version of everybody.

It would have original Legionnaires and SW6 Legionnaires and reboot Legionnaires and threeboot Legionnaires and even animated-series Legionnaires. Three Lightning Lads and two Live Wires, five Invisible Kids, two Ferro Lads and a Ferro, two Bouncing Boys and a Chuck Taine, three Sun Boys and Dawnstar, Magno and Shikari, Catspaw and Computo, Dream Boy and Zzok.

It would have R.J. Brande and Rond Vidar and Marla and Winema Wazzo and Theena. It would have Arm-Fall-Off Boy and Ivy and Lori Morning and Seiss, Marella Tao and Trudy Trusoe and Raymond Luxury Yacht, Mordru and Glorith and the Time Trapper and Tangleweb and Lemnos and Drax. Every-freaking-body, is what I'm saying.

And not in one of these flying-across-the-sky poses, either. It would be set in and around a Legion HQ that would be a fanciful structure that's a combination of all Legion HQs: the upside-down-rocket, the orange tower, the floaty white thing, the junk asteroid, the big L, Legion World, the converted prison and the new sold-out-to-the-UP building. Some of the characters would be fighting villains, some would be socializing, some would be playing holo-Dungeons-and-Dragons.

They could even make it one of those deals where all different artists contribute to it, so there could be Barry Kitson's XS next to Sergio Aragones's Comet the Super-Horse, or something.

That's the other thing I want. Better get started on it now, guys!

#611007 11/17/06 01:19 AM
Leader
Leader
Damn Straight that sounds good

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#611008 11/17/06 12:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I like many of these ideas especially Matthew's.

Legion Forever/Infinity is a similiar idea I had.

Use all star creative teams like Waid/Kitson, Levitz/Giffen, Busiek/Perez, Alan Davis, etc.

Is that asking for too much??? wink

#611009 11/17/06 07:01 PM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I like many of these ideas especially Matthew's.

Legion Forever/Infinity is a similiar idea I had.

Use all star creative teams like Waid/Kitson, Levitz/Giffen, Busiek/Perez, Alan Davis, etc.

Is that asking for too much??? wink
It should be called Long Live the Legion.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#611010 11/17/06 08:57 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Long Live the Legion! I like it! Good job Sir Tim Drake.

#611011 11/18/06 03:39 PM
Reservist
Reservist
at this stage, i wonder if they'll even remember...

Igee The Mighty!
#611012 11/19/06 01:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I want them to fund our 2008 get-together.

(Hey, it's worth a shot.)

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#611013 11/19/06 01:30 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If they're going to do anything they'd better get on the ball! Time is a-wasting!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#611014 11/20/06 08:28 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
They need to release a cheaper poster version of Alex Ross' Legion painting.

#611015 11/20/06 08:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
They need to release a cheaper poster version of Alex Ross' Legion painting.
Seconded!

#611016 11/20/06 08:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
[b]They need to release a cheaper poster version of Alex Ross' Legion painting.
Seconded![/b]
Thirded! And I'll sign any petition that will make this a reality!

#611017 11/20/06 09:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Fourthed even!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,825
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
minesurfer
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Copycat Girl
Copycat Girl
Somewhere in New Metropolis. Got lost looking for Legion Headquarters.