Roll Call
0 members (), 5 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Worlds Nine updated 26 June 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 03:19 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:57 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:52 AM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes #5 (Preview & Spoilers)
#608364 10/03/10 07:45 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by future king:
Originally posted by cleome:
[b]
And I'll add that I'm irritated at fans who keep doggedly complaining that "Shady left Mon-El for this loser?!" Uh, it's already been established that they were split up beforehand. Yeesh. Enough already!

Ok, I will reply to you here since I think I was the first fan to say almost exactly that when this issue first came out.
Speaking for myself only here ... when I said " she left the company of a noble man like Monel for that???" it seems like I was stating that I felt Shady hooked up with E-Man while she was still 'with' Monel. That's not at all what I meant. I meant that, ok fine, she left Monel for whatever reasons ... (a span of time goes by) ... THEN she gets together with ... that???
Meaning she leaves Monel ... then LATER gets with the loser, or yet another way of looking at it, she leaves Monel and then some time shortly after that decides she likes bigotted, narrow-minded people more than her boyfriend of years and years. Shortly thereafter she decides she waited long enough now (what, two weeks, one month maybe?), realizes she craves the company of another person so she sets her sights on E-Man.
Ok? Makes sense?
[/b]
You're not just speaking for yourself, Future King. That's my opinion of the matter too. Shady is definitely slumming for lack of a better word, if she's gone from Mon-El, one of the noblest heroes of all time, to jumping in the sack with a megalomaniacal racist freak like Earth man. It just doesn't fly in my book at all.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#608365 10/03/10 09:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Raz, you make such a good point about the Levitz/Cinar team meshing together.

Every artist will interpret the script differently.

Some will adhere to what is there only, while someone more seasoned might know to include a little panel of Jeckie being blasted or whatever or at least shown it in the background.

I think the Levitz/Giffen team has been so succesful because Keith was way more involved than just drawing the scripts "as is".

Levitz will need to be really specific for a new artist.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#608366 10/03/10 07:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks for the support Jim. Shady's actions don't fly in my book either.

#608367 10/04/10 03:06 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Are there still Manhunters in the DCU?
If so, that's a good guess.

And I don't want PERFECT characters, I just want ones that make sense.
That's the writers job and there's a very long history with these characters.

THIS character hasn't shown herself to be this way, either to Lar, the Legion or to honor.
There HAS to be more than that she got bored, dumped Lar and choose almost immediately to have sex with EM.
There's a mystery afoot.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#608368 10/04/10 08:33 AM
Active
Active
Seems pretty unlikely they would have such an agreement, unless both Shady and Mon-El were comfortable for several years with Tinya popping in unannounced.
Or it could simply be a plot point just to get them caught in bed? Still believing Shady has higher motives than just a bump and grind.

Are there still Manhunters in the DCU?
If so, that's a good guess.
Yes there are...but if any of them suriving to the 31st century right now is questionable...(there's nothing that says explicitly that Laurel Kent is a manhunter now...remember she was put in as one because Superboy was taken from the legion as the person who was going to be Superman...since he's back...and since he did marry Lois...and she does look like the woman he's going to marry...I say she exists as a descendant.

As for Harmonia being a manhunter...hmmmm possibly but i dont get that "feeling" from her...after all I would think she would be the one to lead the charge into discovering hte origins of the universe out of disrespect for the Guardians...but she was the only discenting voice.

I would advise everyone in here to pick up this
Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2 (1986),
it details this: Sodam Yat is a prophesied future member of the Green Lantern Corps, created by Alan Moore and is first mentioned in "Tygers", a story in Tales of the Green Lantern Corps Annual #2. He is mentioned in passing to Abin Sur by a demon named Qull of the Five Inversions, who had been imprisoned on the planet Ysmault by the Guardians of the Universe. As a Daxamite (a race which descended from Kryptonians with inherent Superman-like powers) with a power ring, he would be nearly unstoppable. Despite this, in Qull's prophecy, he is still defeated as part of the final destruction of the Green Lantern Corps.

this gives some structure to what's going on with Sodam and Oa now..with some differences.

Bring back the super-cousins
#608369 10/05/10 08:12 AM
Honorary
Honorary
At this point, I am wondering if there is more to Shady & Earth Man than meets the eye (There is definitely more to Harmonioa Li than meets the eye!). Sureley it's not quite what it appears on the last page. I am still wondering if Earth Man's apparent change of hearth is genuine. And what is up with Tinya? Hasn't she ever heard of knocking?!

By the way, the SP buildings look like tennis racket handles. I do not like Timber Wolf and Ultra Boy's costumes. Too much going on with them.

I'm with Sun Boy on the Titanians. I would find a mind reader far more terrifying than a shape shifter. Those Durlans are awfully shifty, though (pun intended).

I love Brainy's comment that there's a "97.5% chance that by the time I could get there, the combat would be resolved...one way or the other."

I still say Dyogene is going to turn into a Guardian.

#608370 10/06/10 10:31 AM
Active
Active
it's not Shady. it's Yera. she's part of the Durlan revenge Squad.

Gorilla Nebula
#608371 10/06/10 11:15 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
GN just broke my brain. shake

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#608372 10/06/10 01:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Gorilla Nebula:
Hey!!!!!!
Now THAT sounds viable! I like that guess because it totally makes sense ... Yera would be the perfect "mole" within the Legion to extract revenge against their newest xenophobe member.
That would truly be a great twist.

Uh oh, I just thought of Gim though if that WERE to happen ....
Can you imagine what he'd go through if the woman he learned to love, after he thought he was falling in love with the girl he was infatuated with for so many years, suddenly broke the Legion code for killing by offing E-Man?
Holy s@#! the guy would probably implode!

#608373 10/06/10 09:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
But Yera hasn't appeared in this series, has she? Wouldn't new readers wonder why this character popped up out of nowhere?

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#608374 10/07/10 06:33 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
[b] it's not Shady. it's Yera. she's part of the Durlan revenge Squad.
But Yera hasn't appeared in this series, has she? Wouldn't new readers wonder why this character popped up out of nowhere? [/b]
Yes they would. What a great way to introduce this character to the readers, who could double back now and pick up back issues of the Levitz Legion and find out more about the story of Yera.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that Yera is impersonating Shady. She's done it before with Vi, right?
Yera strikes me as the easily influenced type.
She might help her fellow Durlans with their cause if they appealed to her sense of nationality or something.
It's certainly a viable possibility and would explain Shady's out-of-character behaviour lately.

If that's true where is the real Shady I wonder??

#608375 10/07/10 07:56 AM
...She might help her fellow Durlans with their cause if they appealed to her sense of nationality or something.
Nah. Doesn't work for me. Canonically, Yera was raised in U.P. territory. I can't see her suddenly as a born-again nationalist. Not without some kind of explanation or build-up.

Also, it would be a retread of old ground, which I could frankly do without. Hearkening back that way doesn't make a current, weak story better. It just cheapens the memory of the original, stronger story.

This kind of "twist" would irk the hell out of me, frankly.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#608376 10/07/10 09:14 AM
G
Active
Active
G
Given that DC is well know for doing exactly that, it just makes it more likely. I say be prepared to be irked and if it doesn't happen then whatever half-baked explaination they do come up with will seem so much better in comparison.

#608377 10/07/10 10:27 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Of course if it is Yera she could just be really miffed with Earth Man after his shoddy treatment of her during the Action story.

She could be impersonating Shady as she would be the most plausible of all the unattached Legionnaires who would do that sort of thing.

#608378 10/07/10 01:33 PM
Honorary
Honorary
The Yera thing sounds feasible, though I will wonder how Earth Man could stoop to sleeping with a stinkin' alien. ;-)

#608379 10/07/10 01:50 PM
Leader
Leader
Night Girl seems a more likely candidate to jump in the sack with him than Shady to me. She could be trying to get back at Cos for dumping her. Shady has no excuse that I can see.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#608380 10/07/10 02:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yes, it MUST be Yera! That awful hair she was sporting during the original Earth-Man/JLE story and L3W was the obvious clue, people! :nod; nod nod

laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#608381 10/07/10 03:39 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Maybe it's not even Yera. Maybe that 'hair' is some parasitic alien that afflicts Durlans and makes them behave all weird!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#608382 10/07/10 11:53 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Night Girl seems a more likely candidate to jump in the sack with him than Shady to me. She could be trying to get back at Cos for dumping her.
Oo. I missed that. When did that happen?

#608383 10/08/10 05:14 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Off panel but heavily implied during Lo3W.

So really you did not miss anything

#608384 10/08/10 06:17 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Lots of things are off panel, now-a-days.
sigh

Yera has always been able to 'do' hair, Cham, too.

I'm pretty sure it's Shady with EM.
I just don't know why.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#608385 10/08/10 08:40 AM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Grife! mad

That's what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, and suggested Jekkie as a candidate, too, but nobody reacted for some reason.

I hate when that happens. frown

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#608386 10/08/10 11:17 AM
Wanderer
Online Content
Wanderer
But wouldn't Earth Man be able to sense the difference with his ill defined ability absobtion ability so Yera wouldn't fool him? Surely he wouldn't go near Shady either as she's definitely not human. I also think it'll be Night Girl.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#608387 10/08/10 01:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't think it's Shady. There is a durlan subplot going on...and Shady leaving Mon-El is out of character also. She's a durlan. Mr. Levitz loves that Shakespearean trick where the person is not who we think it is thing...Reflecto, Yera, Sensor Girl, Rond Vidar as a GL.

Speaking of GLs...Harmonia Li...agent of the Controllers maybe? Anyways I like her!

Nice to see some of my faves...yes I voted for Sensor Girl and Timberwolf for leader and deputy leader way back when...

The art is looking good...improves each issue. Some panels are better than others ofcourse.

I just can't get into Earth Man. Maybe it's the sideburns? I hope he dies protecting the Legion...give him a statue...move on.

#608388 10/08/10 01:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
[b] it's not Shady. it's Yera. she's part of the Durlan revenge Squad.
Grife! mad

That's what I said somewhere earlier in this thread, and suggested Jekkie as a candidate, too, but nobody reacted for some reason.

I hate when that happens. frown [/b]
Don't think Yera would do something behind the Legion's back...but she did get beat pretty badly by Earth Man.

How much fun would it be if it was Chameleon Chief or King (i forget if they are the same person or not)! Earth Man would really hate aliens then! (or he will really really like them)

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,440
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
String
String
The Bright, Sunny South