Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:36 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598325 06/23/07 01:17 PM
Active
Active
well, i knew the ending would be disappointing. (there were too many threads to be able to wrap up in one issue.) but this was REALLY unsatisfying. they didn't give us ANY answers at all. after all that build up of multi-part issues, we are left with mysterious face in the wand, mysterious figure telling KK to stay for mysterious reasons, mysterious motivations for Starman to stay, mysterious connection between Red Tornado and Wildfire... ho hum. who knew it was this easy to write comics. this is fan fiction.

why use the duralim wand device if it's not really using one life force to revive another? wally west AND wife AND now teen-aged twins all inadvertantly revived??? gee what a coincidence. if the duralim wands don't require a soul, then why did any human need to be holding it? just plant it on the end of a flagpole.

Dream Girl didn't seem to care very much that Starman was staying, especially compared to Jeckie's reaction to KK staying. i guess schizophrenia is a turn off after all.

i was really excited thru the other parts of this storyline. and it was GREAT to see these legionnaires again. KK is awesome in the Cockrum costume. they never should have messed with it.
i hope we get action figures of these guys.
meanwhile, the LSH of this earth fail to generate any excitement.

Gorilla Nebula
#598326 06/23/07 07:51 PM
A
Active
Active
A
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Speaking of Countdown, Val is stopped from returning with the others by someone stepping through a similar sort of time portal—a “legion time portal” I’ll call it. That person appears to be male and refers to Brainy familiarly. Val then runs off with someone who appears to be female. Thus, Val was joined by Chameleon Boy or by both Invisible Kid and a female member of the Espionage Squad.
Someone on the Newsarama thread about this issue noted that the caption box for the tail end of the mystery figure's introductory sentences is orange and purple. Thus I am led further down the delusion that it has to be Chameleon Boy.

#598327 06/23/07 08:10 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
That orange could have been red that was colored improperly, and the purple could have been blue. Then it would indicate Colossal Boy.

Watching television is not an activity.
#598328 06/24/07 02:22 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Orange and purple are classicly tied to Triplicate Girl (and when she was Duo Damsel preboot) and Luornu is the only other Legionnaire to appear on the Countdown promo page... although she appears to be the threeboot Luornu and wouldn't know this Karate Kid.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#598329 06/24/07 02:33 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Matthew E:
There were lots of other times when Val used that ability. Didn't he use it in the one where Grimbor chained up the Earth?
Hey Matthew, that sounds familiar too, so I looked it up in Legion of Super-Heroes #279:

Val does tell Jeckie he wants to inspect the chains and see if he can sniff out a weak point... but when he actually gets to the chains he asks himself "Now that I'm here, what do I do? Each chain's more than 25,000 miles long-and they even seem to shift locations. Maybe there's a weak point where a single karate chop could take them out--maybe not." KarateKid

He eventually picks a spot in desperation, only to have Jeckie appear to him in a vision with the coordinates of the most vulnerable point of the chains. She had used an experimental device she had created, an Augmatron, to increase her powers and discovered the weak point.

So while he doesn't actually find the weak point himself, he did seem to imply that he could when he first talked with Jeckie about it. smile

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#598330 06/24/07 06:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I do agree that this JLA/JSA crossover has been very disappointing, and not only because of what's happening with the Legion. Five issues of set up with no resolution only used as a gimmick to bring back Wally West... very disappointing. I'll be glad to see Metzer leave JLA in 2 issues.

I'll check the Action comics issues and see what's happening with this Legion.

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#598331 06/24/07 05:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Matthew E:
[qb] There were lots of other times when Val used that ability. Didn't he use it in the one where Grimbor chained up the Earth?

So while he doesn't actually find the weak point himself, he did seem to imply that he could when he first talked with Jeckie about it. smile
Didn't he use it to get out of the diamond, the Fatal Five had trapped him into?

Finding "weakpoints" in objects was a part of Val's continuity, but never measured off as a "superpower."

#598332 06/25/07 01:35 PM
Active
Active
I was disappointed too, mostly because the Legion should only be brought in for big things, and all we really got was a "too be continued..."

Now I read the Flash before Legion and I'm a fan of Wally's and was really upset when he was written off. that said, I felt the Legion should go back in time to save Barry because Barry's return would have been more important to the DCU as a whole, and as nice as seeing Wally back, after the hints that it would be Barry the ending was more of a whimper when it could have been a bang.

Now we do have the face in the Lightning rod, but that just means this story is unresolved, which stinks because there are too many unresolved stories floating around in comics right now.

I just feel if you are going to bring back the Legion after all these years, make sure its a Legion worthy tale, ending this arc with bringing Barry back (instead of any more teases) would have made it legion worthy, as it stands the Teen Titans could have stood in for the Legion and nothing would have really changed. Weak ending to what could have been a massively cool story arc.

Long Live the Legion!
#598333 06/25/07 01:52 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I think it's Barry in the lightning rod, and he's now some kind of cosmic force that will be unleashed to save the universe in the "final crisis".

Barry=the next big Deus Ex Machina.

#598334 06/25/07 06:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
According to mazingman728 at the DCMBs -

WARNING! DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!
I just want to vent how sad and pathetic it is that not only can't mazingman728, but nobody can post spoilers at the DCMBs anymore.

It's sad when a small, but vocal minority get to take away something that other people look forward to and enjoy.

This seems to have affected ComicBloc as well.

#598335 06/25/07 06:25 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think the deaths caused by Crisis and Infinite Crisis will be reversed.

Brainy was trying to save Kara or Brainy. Which were the two biggest deaths in Crisis. There was another...Superboy. Yes he died right after Crisis but it was from a direct result of Crisis. And another Superboy died in Infinite Crisis. I wouldn't be suprised if Kon-El was back as well. Also, Kal-El plays a role I am sure.

#598336 06/26/07 12:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
[b]According to mazingman728 at the DCMBs -

WARNING! DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!
I just want to vent how sad and pathetic it is that not only can't mazingman728, but nobody can post spoilers at the DCMBs anymore.

It's sad when a small, but vocal minority get to take away something that other people look forward to and enjoy.

This seems to have affected ComicBloc as well. [/b]
Has it been confirmed that this guy was a big shot at Diamond? If so, that is a major violation of business ethics and he gets no sympathy or support from me. Yeah, the new rules seem too restrictive but I imagine they will loosen up when the dust settles a bit, at least in terms of enforcement. This stuff is so hard to define and control.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#598337 06/26/07 01:32 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b] There were lots of other times when Val used that ability. Didn't he use it in the one where Grimbor chained up the Earth?
Hey Matthew, that sounds familiar too, so I looked it up in Legion of Super-Heroes #279:

Val does tell Jeckie he wants to inspect the chains and see if he can sniff out a weak point... but when he actually gets to the chains he asks himself "Now that I'm here, what do I do? Each chain's more than 25,000 miles long-and they even seem to shift locations. Maybe there's a weak point where a single karate chop could take them out--maybe not." KarateKid

He eventually picks a spot in desperation, only to have Jeckie appear to him in a vision with the coordinates of the most vulnerable point of the chains. She had used an experimental device she had created, an Augmatron, to increase her powers and discovered the weak point.

So while he doesn't actually find the weak point himself, he did seem to imply that he could when he first talked with Jeckie about it. smile [/b]
If memory serves Karate Kid's whole schtik about knowing the weakness of something was more a post-boot innovation. Of course in comics the only one that really had this as a power was Marvel's Karnak (the Inhuman).

Igee The Mighty!
#598338 06/26/07 02:18 PM
Leader
Leader
I just reread the last chapter in this story last night, and was reminded that at the end of it, Sensor Girl's illusions have already been revealed and the Legion has already sneaked away. Then at the beginning of this chapter, not only are the JLAers still unaware of the illusion, but they're still fighting the Computo tentacles and it's Power Girl and Wildcat who figure out the illusion, when Superman already did so in the last chapter.

Do the editors on these books know each other?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#598339 06/27/07 04:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You know the more I look at this the more I get the feeling that this is the pre crisis legion and that they are trying to save the pocket universe Kal El.

My memory is a bit hazy on this but we know that for many years the lenever travlled into the past but a “pocket universe” when they went to visit Superboy. During the Crisis, this Superboy and the Legion crossed over to the Byrne Supermans universe before returning to face the Time Trapper. Superboy gave his life in the Trappers machine to save his world and was taken to the 30th century but died in Mon Els arms. Much later, Superman was taken to that pocket universe world by the Matrex Supergirl and fought phantom zone criminals. In the course of that war the whole planet was destroyed and Superman became an executioner as he exposed the phantom zone criminals to green Kryptonite.

Thus in the legions time Supermans legacy could be that of a murder and a planet killer (after all stories get twisted over 1,000 years) hence the comments about what his name had become in the future. Bringing that Superboy back to life and sending back to the pocket universe to protect it would mean that the criminals were never released and therefore the planet could live. It would also mean that Supermans reputation would remain unsullied.

It could also remove one of the “Supergirls” from continuity and leave space for Kara.

It’s a bit of a stretch I know but those pictures of the Legion, the costumes and the red sky’s background just made me think that’s all.

Faithfull
#598340 06/27/07 09:20 AM
Substitute
Substitute
So if the lightning rods DID capture a soul whose face we see in that last panel, it would make a great follow-up arc: The Amazing return of.....the Boy of Steel? Chemical King? The Infinite Man? Elastic Lad? Beast Boy?
The mind reels at the possibilities but is there even a hint that we will see what B5 et al were ultimately doing during "Lightning Saga?"

#598341 06/27/07 10:23 AM
Active
Active
Wow. I like this idea.
nod
You know the more I look at this the more I get the feeling that this is the pre crisis legion and that they are trying to save the pocket universe Kal El.

My memory is a bit hazy on this but we know that for many years the lenever travlled into the past but a “pocket universe” when they went to visit Superboy. During the Crisis, this Superboy and the Legion crossed over to the Byrne Supermans universe before returning to face the Time Trapper. Superboy gave his life in the Trappers machine to save his world and was taken to the 30th century but died in Mon Els arms. Much later, Superman was taken to that pocket universe world by the Matrex Supergirl and fought phantom zone criminals. In the course of that war the whole planet was destroyed and Superman became an executioner as he exposed the phantom zone criminals to green Kryptonite.

Thus in the legions time Supermans legacy could be that of a murder and a planet killer (after all stories get twisted over 1,000 years) hence the comments about what his name had become in the future. Bringing that Superboy back to life and sending back to the pocket universe to protect it would mean that the criminals were never released and therefore the planet could live. It would also mean that Supermans reputation would remain unsullied.

It could also remove one of the “Supergirls” from continuity and leave space for Kara.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#598342 06/27/07 10:37 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Do we know where the story will be continued, since there isn't exactly a title devoted to that Brainy...

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#598343 06/27/07 10:52 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
The Pocket Universe story is already retconned.

And yes, that DOES mean Matrix, and PAD's whole Supergirl series is nuked.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#598344 06/27/07 02:28 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
Originally posted by Novelty:
Do we know where the story will be continued, since there isn't exactly a title devoted to that Brainy...
From what I hear, the characters will be appearing in Action Comics.

Watching television is not an activity.
#598345 06/27/07 07:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
logical.... except that if Supes himself was the one who belonged to the LSH, than there would have been no Pocket Universe Kal-El; Reboot's info would seem to confirm that.

After several re-reads, I'm fairly positive they intended to save Barry, and Wally was an unexpected beneficiary.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#598346 06/27/07 07:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Malvolio:
Originally posted by Novelty:
[b] Do we know where the story will be continued, since there isn't exactly a title devoted to that Brainy...
From what I hear, the characters will be appearing in Action Comics.[/b]
A subject already being covered here .

#598347 06/28/07 04:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Reboot:
The Pocket Universe story is already retconned.

And yes, that DOES mean Matrix, and PAD's whole Supergirl series is nuked.
I sort of figured there would a retcon or two in the way smile

So what is the current status of that pocket universe story then? I thought I remembered Superman still agonizing about the execution quite recently?

Mind you with the multiverse back who knows what happened in what universe to what Superman?

Faithfull
#598348 06/28/07 04:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
[b]You know the more I look at this the more I get the feeling that this is the pre crisis legion and that they are trying to save the pocket universe Kal El.
logical.... except that if Supes himself was the one who belonged to the LSH, than there would have been no Pocket Universe Kal-El; Reboot's info would seem to confirm that.

After several re-reads, I'm fairly positive they intended to save Barry, and Wally was an unexpected beneficiary. [/b]
Except that we don’t know which universe that legion was from or which legion our superman was a member of. So if this earth one superman was a member of a legion how do we know that the legion in lightning saga dosnt come from earth 38 and that in that universe, Mr Minds lunch caused the whole pocket universe situation.

Also we have no idea when (in the stories) the Trapper intervened. It may very well be that Earth one Superman was part of the legion as a kid. Then the Legion stopped coming to visit, why? Because the trapper was now sending them to the pocket universe.

Time travel Plus inter dimensional travel = one confused Faraway. confused

Faithfull
#598349 06/28/07 04:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I also think that Brainiac’s calculations indicated to him that as a side effect of the rescue operation Barry Allen would be plucked from the speed force and returned to the time stream. The fact that Wally came back instead was an unforeseen error, but was of secondary importance to his main calculations.

Faithfull
Page 25 of 33 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,848
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Sue Pergirl
Sue Pergirl
San Francisco, California