Roll Call
0 members (), 5 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598275 06/21/07 03:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Or those earth-2 kryptonians that are missing! If this is the E2 Legion Brainy dated Power Girl instead. smile

#598276 06/21/07 03:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Jerry, she was a bit muscular to be Supegirl. smile It was defintely male.

Brainy wanting Kara back makes perfect sense. I also think it might be Bart Allen.
It looks female to me. I see long hair and breasts. But darn, I never was any good at those Rorschach tests.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#598277 06/21/07 03:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Jerry, I am sorry I was thinking the dark shadowy figure that tells KK he has to stay.

#598278 06/21/07 03:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There's two shadowy figures. The one that looks male tells K-Kid his mission is just beginning. I took it to be a legionnaire that stayed in the 31st century. The female figure I took to be Dream Girl.

#598279 06/21/07 03:49 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
I don't think it was Dream Girl. Maybe Jeckie came back through.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#598280 06/21/07 04:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They were very clear about Thom and Val staying behind. Why would hey have to cloak Nura or Jeckie in a shadow? It's Superirl, I tell you !!

Another clue: All the ladies on the cover are blond. Supergirl is blond. Come on, guys, they're practically giving it away. Right? Right? Does anyone else see it ?!?

#598281 06/21/07 04:10 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I dunno. Get me a clever anagram and I'm on board.

#598282 06/21/07 04:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I dunno. Get me a clever anagram and I'm on board.
Hmm. Not exactly an anagram, but they called it the Lightning Saga, right? They could have called it the Lightning Story, the Lightning Adventure, or the Lightning Epic. Why did they choose saga? It has four letters. Just like Kara. If you replace the KR in Kara with an S and a G you have saga. SG stands for Supergirl.

KARA
SAGA
SG
SG = Supergirl.

There it is. Another clue !!

#598283 06/21/07 04:43 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Or the shadowy female figure could be Jenni! wink

Maybe that's why Val tells Wally he's not the fastest. And it would explain her knowing Brainy.

For that matter, it could also be Ayla since it's implied by Timber Wolf that she's dead. It would be most appropriate that they resurrected her just as they did Garth, way back when. wink

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#598284 06/21/07 04:46 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Seriously though, I agree with Jerry that it's most likely Kara based on one fact that no one else seems to have picked up on.

That scene takes place in the Fortress of Solitude. Who else could get in there other than Kal or Kara.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#598285 06/21/07 04:53 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Kara does fit the "fastest" category.

Lightning Lass would fit in as well. Ayla may have returned? Maybe she can turn into lightning?

My guess is Kara...but you never know.

#598286 06/21/07 05:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Good catch on the Fortrss, Vee. I totally missed it. I was too busy looking for anagrams thanks to Eryk.

#598287 06/21/07 08:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Jerry, looking at the shadowy girl. Hmm? I guess the pose running...I say either Dawn Allen or XS? Maybe even Donna Troy since the Countdown stuff. Who knows.

It's nice to know Geoff said this story isn't over. So maybe these questions will get answered.

#598288 06/21/07 09:36 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Tromium:
If Waid had pulled junk like Red Tornado Wildfire, schizoid Star Boy, and undead Karate Kid, people would have screamed bloody murder and threatened to burn down his house. If you're going to apply double standards, at least be honest about it. Meltzer and Johns are no better than any other writers who screw around with the Legion to satisfy their own geek fantasies.

You want to know the difference? In five issue Johns and Meltzer brought more life and fun to the Legion than Waid did in 30 boring issues. It is just that simple. It is not the Johns and Metzler ware so much better with the Legion it is just Waid is so much worse than pretty much everyone else.

#598289 06/21/07 09:46 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Life and fun? Basically nothing happened for four issues, except people standing around talking and revealing stupid arbitrary changes to characters like the Red Tornado Wildfire and schizoid Star Boy, and then, finally, in the fifth issue something happens, but nobody has any idea what the hell it was.

#598290 06/21/07 10:24 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You forgot the part where they reveal that the story will continue in Countdown, and Action. I expect it'll take 3 or 4 issues of Action and who knows how many issues of Countdown with one two page spread with Val et al mouthing cryptic warnings about the upcoming great disaster before we see what actually happened. So really how many books will you have to buy to figure this story out?

I'm betting it'll be around 25-30 and I'm taking 28 in the official Legion World 'How many 2.99 issue buys did they just milk out of old school Legion Fans Pool'

#598291 06/21/07 10:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Matthew E has a great discussion on this topic on his Legion Abstract blog--namely, are Legion fans cheap sluts for characters that look like our old favorites, but who aren't? (He of course would put this more eloquently and tactfully, because that is what he does). From my view, it is mostly nice to see characters like Dawny and Wildfire again. In spirit, they seem sort of like the original Legion, but I don't know enough about their agenda to commit to them. Mostly, I (and many fans, I think) reacted enthusiastically to Superman's memory of his camaraderie with a band of idealistic young heroes. Waid's Legion a) lacks the connection to Superman (as far as we know), and b) behaves ironically rather than sentimentally. Plus, I am not at all sure that Waid's Cosmic Boy and Brainiac 5 WOULD put their lives on the line to resurrect their dead Lightning Lad, and that uncertainty kind of bothers me. But EDE is right, this story was yet more foreplay for the whole countdown/final crisis/teen titans extermination palooza that we are stuck with for the next 2 years. I would very much like to get to reading stories with characters and actual plots driven by the characters, rather than non-plots driven by the post-modernist need to internalize in the narrative the bizarre and contradictory changes to the narrative's ground rules that have plagued the DC universe for the last 20 years.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#598292 06/21/07 11:55 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
are Legion fans cheap sluts for characters that look like our old favorites, but who aren't? (He of course would put this more eloquently and tactfully, because that is what he does).
Actually I kind of like the way you put it.

#598293 06/22/07 01:11 AM
Active
Active
the shadowy
Originally posted by Jerry:
They were very clear about Thom and Val staying behind. Why would hey have to cloak Nura or Jeckie in a shadow? It's Superirl, I tell you !!

Another clue: All the ladies on the cover are blond. Supergirl is blond. Come on, guys, they're practically giving it away. Right? Right? Does anyone else see it ?!?
The shadowy has got to be Dream Girl, she stepped back through the portal when she realized that Starman stayed behind.

#598294 06/22/07 02:21 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wouldn't say that I am a cheap slut for characters that look like my old favorites, but really aren't. I am a cheap slut for the Legion, and that goes for just about any version. I would have bought this crossover if it featured an Adventure era Legion, a Levitz Legion, a 5YL Legion, a reboot Legion or a WaK Legion. Heck, I would have bought it if it featured the Substitute Legion.

I have some sympathy for those who are frustrated with DC's never ending makeover and feel like it is a money trap. However, it was pretty clear from the beginning that this storyline was part of that process, so I can't feel too bad for those who bought all five issues and then decided to get upset about that point when the final issue came out. In the end you have three options: 1) Try to buy everything that is related to the events and go broke while feeling ripped off; 2) Buy only the books that look interesting to you and try to fill in the gaps by checking out the message boards or just making something up that helps you accept the stories that you are reading, or 3) throw your hands up in disgust and stop buying DC comics.

I'm going with option 2. I'm not prepared to buy every comic DC puts out, nor am I interested in walking away from the passtime I have such a passion for. I bought the crossover because I thought I would enjoy it, and I did enjoy it. . It was a lot of fun. I laid down my 15 bucks with my eyes wide open and honestly feel like I got my money's worth.

#598295 06/22/07 04:15 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b]
[b]I wish they'd quit "Marvelizing" the Legion by giving [...] Karate Kid the ability to sense weaknesses. Hello? That's Karnak, not Karate Kid.
No, that take on Val's powers is true to (some periods of) original Legion continuity. I think it's kind of silly too, but Johns and Meltzer didn't make it up.[/b]
I didn't meant to imply that they did. I know it has appeared once or twice before but it was not part of Karate Kid's original power set and I think it was obviously confused with/stolen from Karnak of the Inhumans whenever it first appeared. Stories like this just perpetuate the inaccuracy, which really gripes me.[/b]
This power was hinted at way back in ADVENTURE #365 when Val busted out of the huge gem the Fatal Five trapped him in on Talok VIII.

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
#598296 06/22/07 05:32 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
[b]
1. Timber Wolf said it was a suicide mission and Dream Girl predicted the death of a Legionnaire. Hello? Nobody died. Okay, so I'm relieved but WTF?
Isn't that the old Adventure ploy with Dream Girl and her power? She sees in a dream that the Legionnaires are going to die and it turns out she saw robot duplicates being destroyed. [/b]
I suppose you could argue that the illusion version of Triplicate Girl dyign could count. It doesn't really, but if you're doing the bait and switch thing with Nura's powers then it could fit.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#598297 06/22/07 09:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Korbal:
[b]
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jimgallagher:
<strong>I wish they'd quit "Marvelizing" the Legion by giving [...] Karate Kid the ability to sense weaknesses. Hello? That's Karnak, not Karate Kid.
No, that take on Val's powers is true to (some periods of) original Legion continuity. I think it's kind of silly too, but Johns and Meltzer didn't make it up.[/b]
I didn't meant to imply that they did. I know it has appeared once or twice before but it was not part of Karate Kid's original power set and I think it was obviously confused with/stolen from Karnak of the Inhumans whenever it first appeared. Stories like this just perpetuate the inaccuracy, which really gripes me.[/b]
This power was hinted at way back in ADVENTURE #365 when Val busted out of the huge gem the Fatal Five trapped him in on Talok VIII.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually in that instance it wasn't him using a power. It was just that the stone was so large he thought even he could spot a flaw.

[Linked Image]

#598298 06/22/07 09:24 AM
Leader
Leader
Thank you, Lightning Lad. I knew someone was going to try and cite that scene as an example and was just waiting to do a smackdown but you beat me to it.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#598299 06/22/07 09:27 AM
Leader
Leader
I agree that the girl shown with K Kid must be a Legionnaire due to the "Brainy" reference and I would love for it to be the original Kara. It seems like the silouette should include a cape if it is her, but that's a minor quibble.

I don't think it's Dream Girl. She seemed to know ahead of time that Thom wouldn't be returning to the future and resigned to it.

But I don't think K Kid could've revived Supergirl if that's what y'all are implying because he didn't sacrifice his life, which is how the lightning rod thingy is supposed to work.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
Page 23 of 33 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Conjure Lass
Conjure Lass
St. Louis, Missouri