Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598225 06/16/07 10:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
Egad! Is Green Arrow dead?!
faint
Worse, he's getting married. wink

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#598226 06/17/07 04:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Arachne:
Originally posted by Mediocre Boy:
[b]Egad! Is Green Arrow dead?!
faint
Worse, he's getting married. wink [/b]
...and comic-book marriages tend to last longer than comic-book deaths! He's in for it now... "aw, hell. Clark, take my arm! please!"

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#598227 06/17/07 08:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They're doing three specials for it.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#598228 06/17/07 10:54 PM
Active
Active
Are you sure it's Barry? Isn't Bart from the 30th century? Could they be 'saving' Bart to take him back with them leaving a place for Barry to fit back in? This could also give KK a reason to stay behind, balance the time stream and all.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#598229 06/18/07 12:55 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Arachne:
They're doing three specials for it.
Ah.....the weddings are so romantic!!! *love* ah....about time Ollie and Dinah gets hitched! smile

#598230 06/18/07 12:58 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Either Barry or Bart makes sense, given the inteweaving of the Allen line into 30/31st century continuity; it makes sense that this would be a focal point for a three-legion crisis (although Wally occurred to me as well - since everyone expects it to be Barry).

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#598231 06/18/07 01:18 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Tekwych:
Are you sure it's Barry? Isn't Bart from the 30th century? Could they be 'saving' Bart to take him back with them leaving a place for Barry to fit back in? This could also give KK a reason to stay behind, balance the time stream and all.
That's what I'm thinking, too.

#598232 06/18/07 05:09 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, if the spoilers being leaked at the Newsarama boards are halfway true ...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">... it's a complete mystery why any version of the Legion was involved in this plotline, except maybe to introduce a new version of the "Tornado Twins". Sounds like the whole crossover ends with a sickening thud -- Bart depowered and dead and Wally and his family brought back from limbo for reasons left unexplained at the end of the issue.

Plus, people who were awaiting the return of some idealized Legion of the past will be disappointed to learn that Clark's boyhood "friends" are apparently as ambiguous and manipulative as the current Legion, if not more so. </span></span>

#598233 06/18/07 05:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wierd I was just talking about those two. (spoilers)

That spoiler sounds dreadful. I hope it doesn't end that bad.

#598234 06/18/07 06:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
According to mazingman728 at the DCMBs -

WARNING! DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">

Flash #13
*Bart is still with out his powers due to Inertia’s machine having taken them away.
*Val tells Bart that she needs more time to take care of Inertia’s machine to avoid it from blowing up the West Coast. She also informs Bart that “there’s no reverse button. Do you hear what I’m saying? I can’t put the Speed Force back into you”. Bart does not mind as long as the West Coast is saved.
*Pied Piper comes up behind Inertia, knocks him out and takes him to the other Rogues.
*Bart buys time for Val by making himself seen by the Rogues and starts to run away from the area. The Rogues follow him and take him down.
*Pied Pier arrives with Inertia and Kadabra notices that Bart and Inertia are basically the same person. Kadabra then waves his wand and takes away Inertia’s needles that provide him speed.
*Inertia tries to convince Kadabra to kill Bart since they were there to kill the Flash. Kadabra looks down at Bart sand tells Inertia “This…child. He isn’t the Flash”. This upsets Bart who surprisingly gets up and starts to beat on the Rogues.
*Piper notices that the door to Inertia’s machine is open and makes a dash for it, followed by Bart. Bart is able to catch up to Inertia and tackles him to the ground. This allows the Rogues a chance to catch up and they start beating up on Bart with everything they have; fire, ice, lightning and fear.
*Val succeeds in turn off the machine and letting loose the Speed Force. When she arrives at Bart’s beaten body she tells him to tap into the force but he tells her that he can’t because the Speed Force is not working the way it should. He then tells her that he is sorry for acting like such a jerk and that they would have worked out. When Val agrees he says that he doesn’t “know what it feels like but…but I think I love…” and then he dies.
*Tim Drake and Liberty Belle are both notified of Bart’s death and a memorial service is given at the Flash Museum.

Justice League of America #10
*The Legionnaires have gone off to their assigned points around the world. Dawnstar in Tokyo, Timber Wolf in Central City at Barry Allen’s old lab, Sensor Girl in a corn field in Smallville, Wildfire in San Francisco, Starman in Gotham City, Dream Girl in Keystone City.
*Flash (Jay) arrives with Dream Girl, Power Girl with Dawnstar, Green Lantern with Timber Wolf, Red Tornado with Wildfire, Superman with Sensor Girl, Batman and Mr. Terrific with Starman.
*As each of the Legionnaires is approached they all turn on a protective shield and take out their lightning rods.
*Both Batman and Green Lantern recognize where they are as they had been there before; Batman when Barry Allen was dying and asking for help during COIE and Green Lantern with it being Barry’s old lab where he became the Flash. Green Lantern then realizes that it is not Lightning Lad that they are trying to save.
*Karate Kid arrives in Blue Valley and raises his lightning rod. A big crack of lightning comes down and crashes into the ground.
*Sensor Girl, Dram Girl, Dawnstar, Timber Wolf and Wild Fire all disappear.
*In the crater caused be the lightning are Wally, Linda and the twins. The twins now appear to be in their early teens.
*Starman tosses his Legion Ring to Mr. Terrific and tells him to hold onto it as he can not fade away like Phantom Girl.
*Back at the Fortress of Solitude the Legionnaires get enter through a portal but a figure appears and tells Val that he can not go back. Val is them told that the mission for him is just beginning.
*Superman is mad at how his friends betrayed him, and Batman is upset because he thought it was going to be someone else coming back.
*Karate Kid is shown leaving the Fortress with a silhouette of another person. When asked how he avoid the lightning he says “I ducked”.
*Power Girl starts to ask Jay about Wally but Black Canary cuts her off and says that Wally has already accepted membership into the League.
*Brainiac 5 is holding one of the lightning rod and it is glowing orange. He tells Wildfire and Cosmic Boy “…for this universe, all I really care about is that we got who we wanted”. And in a close up a face can be seen on the end of the lightning rod.
</span></span>

#598235 06/18/07 06:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
It's kind of hinted that

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the Legion captured Bart's soul in the lightning rod. Or maybe it was Barry, or someone else inside the Speed Force. It's not made clear.

The ending is as much as mystery as the beginning, and after 5 issues we're none the wiser about who this Legion is or why they came to the past in the first place. </span></span>

I wouldn't call it a satisfying ending.

#598236 06/20/07 11:27 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">If Adult Bart ends up joining this Legion (from the xover) it would rock! A precrisis type Legion with the grandson of Barry Allen? Just too cool. </span></span>

#598237 06/20/07 04:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
As Tromium says, the ending is as much a mystery as the beginning, but I'm going to ride with it beacuse the story was just a heck of a lot of fun. The artwork was top rate. In my opinion the characters (Legion, JLA, and JSA) were all written well. The scenes with Jay and Nura just couldn't have been any better. I'll take the hit for being of sappy, but gosh the embrace between Flash and Red Arrow brought a tear to my eye.

Lot's of questions remain, but I am very satisfied.

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#598238 06/20/07 04:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Were there any actual, you know, bad guys in the story?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#598239 06/20/07 04:39 PM
strange but not a stranger
I liked Dream Girl's line the best. "I don't care who you've fought sweetie. You've never faced Brainiac 5."

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#598240 06/20/07 04:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by doublechinner:
There were...but someone forgot about them. shake

#598241 06/20/07 05:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
That's a question we've asked about Brainiac 5 a number of times...

Beauty's where you find it. Not just where you bump and grind it.
#598242 06/20/07 05:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm glad the Terrible Trio (was Dr. Destiny allied with Despero, Ultra-Humanite and Per Degaton? We don't know, do we?) didn't appear in this issue-- only because there was no way they and whatever plot they've hatched could've been handled in one month... even if this had been a giant-sized issue.

I can understand dissatisfaction with the nebulous nature of this ending. There *are* heaps of loose ends. If those loose ends aren't addressed in the coming months, I'll be angry, too.

Someone stated that these Legionnaires are manipulative, like the pre-Adventure LSH. After reading the issue, I don't quite agree. It was clear that the characters here weren't lying to Clark on a lark. We just don't know why, yet (which, I can understand bugging some readers). We get the merest glimpse of the new-to-us 31st century... clearly the nature of that future, or at least of something in it, is the crux to the LIGHTNING SAGA, perhaps to COUNTDOWN and probably part of the immediate future of the 'current' DCU.

-- I dug Power Girl's sort-of taking up for the Legionnaires with the sorely disappointed Superman.

-- Do we infer from Timber Wolf's comment that Ayla is dead in his timeline? Or is that a more generic parting thought?

-- Wildfire and Dawnstar... can we now put the lesbian/bi stuff to rest? The only way to now address those implications would probably be much too adult for comic books.

-- So, Dream Girl (or is that Dreamgirl?) stayed? That's not clear at story's end, to me.

-- anyone else notice the 'Kal-L' in the dialogue?

-- The motives of the LSH (and Brainy? separate from the LSH?-- there is that upcoming Brainiac pile-on in Superman's future to watch out for) will be touched upon-- where? Upcoming issues of ACTION COMICS?

-- I wonder who Batman thought the rods were going to revive?
Whatever the failings of THE LIGHTNING SAGA, it has been *very* heartening to feel the excitement for Legion characters that it aroused... both in fans who stayed, and those who 'strayed'. The inevitable backlash arose, of course, and I really can't blame JLA and/or JSA fans who might've felt that their teams were shunted aside in their own titles. I hope another JLA/JSA team-up isn't a year away (though perhaps this time it'll occur in an Annual or a Special or something? And feature tons of character interaction?).

#598243 06/20/07 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
-- I wonder who Batman thought the rods were going to revive?
I would say Barry Allen, seeing how that was the Hall he saw (and we saw again) a dying Barry from Crisis. And Green Lantern and Timber Wolf were at BArry's police lab where he became the Flash.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#598244 06/20/07 05:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
From a Legion perspective, this all sounds very interesting and entertaining, and I look forward to reading it. From a JLA/JSA perspective...it seems like a lot of issues devoted to nothing. I'm delighted Wally is really "back," but we found out awhile ago he wasn't totally gone. And what's up with the Degaton/Ultra-Humanite/Despero stuff, anyway? It doesn't look like Meltzer is going to get to that by issue 12, so what's the point?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#598245 06/20/07 08:54 PM
Active
Active
So,
I
n
t
e
r
l
a
c

S

P

o

i

e

r

S

p

a

c

e

"The Villain is the Hero in his Own Story?"
Very very vauge. I do hope this is resolved sometime soon..

BUT it has been a blast reading the boards the last few months. I mean who has not enjoyed the bulid up, the speculation, "We were Legion", Group shots, Bats Vs Karate Kid, "Can we leave now?", Dawnstar, Dreamy, and the reintroduction to a version of the levitz era Legion.

Even if the ending has left more questions than anwsers The story did what it was supposed to do I was entertained, I was nostalgic, and more than anything I was a kid again.

I sought truth.. and found friendship and love, which even your lies can never take the memory of from me. (B5 to Time Trapper LSH 50)
#598246 06/20/07 10:18 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And what's up with the Degaton/Ultra-Humanite/Despero stuff, anyway? It doesn't look like Meltzer is going to get to that by issue 12, so what's the point?
Possibly as a teaser for Dwayne McDuffie's post-Meltzer storyline?

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#598247 06/21/07 12:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Force-rings? And self-healing, at that!

You just know that Brainy has an 'over-ride' switch that gives the operation of any Legionnaire's ring to him-- even all of them at once!

Bet he's installed a 'kill switch', too.

Naturally, he hasn't told anyone about them.

Now, if they'd only incorporate my idea of tiny apartments/armories for Vi in all the rings...

#598248 06/21/07 01:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We also learn that this Val was, indeed, brought back from the dead... prompting the printing of the upcoming TPB of the storyline in which he died.

Was that Cosmic Boy who said something about Val's mission just beginning? And also hinted that Brainy'd planned it all along...

#598249 06/21/07 02:14 AM
Active
Active
What do you make of the text in Interlac in the credits?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the villain is the hero in his own story</span></span>

Page 21 of 33 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
King of Snake
King of Snake
Greetings from the Underworld ...