Roll Call
1 members (wes connors), 12 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Ann Hebistand - 09/28/24 07:14 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598100 05/31/07 03:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
How can there be a <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Sensor Girl</span></span> if <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Karate Kid</span></span> is alive and well?

And thank Kev!

#598101 05/31/07 03:42 PM
Active
Active
Remember...this isnt the legion we grew up with...its similiar it smells and even tastes the same but its from another Earth and not Earth 1 at least not the Earth 1 pre-crisis. So it has to have a different history at points, but close enough that things are familiar. Remember look at the flight rings...and the 31st century talk acknowledgement...

Our Legion had different flight ring bearings and were from the 30th century.

Oh and Dawny calls <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">her Princess not Queen remember she became Queen Projectra then became Sensor Girl after that so there's another clue perhaps things are different in this legion's timeline. </span></span>

Bring back the super-cousins
#598102 05/31/07 03:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Do they explain this crucial difference?

Because the death of A results in the identity of B. And without an explanation, the result is annoyance.
I'd rather she be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Princess Projectra</span></span>, unless she turns out to be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the original Earth-1 Supergirl!</span></span>

#598103 05/31/07 03:49 PM
Active
Active
No they dont but see above..and I would love her to be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kara as originally intended but you could tell her and Val were in love and he called her Jeckie </span></span>

#598104 05/31/07 03:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As for the differences, I've been reading them in the same vein as I do the fact that Superman, et. all are not aging along with the real world nor is he wearing the exact outfit he debuted in.

#598105 05/31/07 03:53 PM
Active
Active
Which differences you mean?

#598106 05/31/07 04:09 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
No they dont but see above..and I would love her to be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Kara as originally intended but you could tell her and Val were in love and he called her Jeckie </span></span>
not only that but <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> we see her illusion powers. Sensor Girl as Kara was supposed to be a depowered supergirl with just her super senses left. No flight, super strength, super spped, or invulnerability. Just super hearing, x-ray vision, telescopic vision, heat vision </span></span>

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#598107 05/31/07 04:14 PM
Active
Active
yeah quis...i think we should have picked up it was <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">her </span></span> as the final legionnaire the moment <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">computo showed up and we already had seen Triplicate Girl already.</span></span>

#598108 05/31/07 04:16 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">so it's 3 couples and Brin? why would you let your lover go on a suicide run? </span></span>

#598109 05/31/07 04:16 PM
Active
Active
I wonder if we can Demand DC to give us 3 LSH books each depicting the Legion of 3 worlds in the multiverse...cause I woulD LOVE T O BUY THEM ALL....can you imagine the legion frenzy it would bring...then the dc direct figures...WOW...MY FANBOY SELF JUST UH YOU KNOW ALL OVER MYSELF.

#598110 05/31/07 04:19 PM
Active
Active
windola1....hey this could be about Ayla even though she was in her Light Lass costume and not Lightning Lass (by the way shouldnt she be Blonde??? and not red head..i liked her better as a blonde...did they ever explain that difference???)

#598111 05/31/07 04:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Which differences you mean?
These...

Remember look at the flight rings...and the 31st century talk acknowledgement...

Our Legion had different flight ring bearings and were from the 30th century.

#598112 05/31/07 04:28 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I hope that if we're going to be seeing this Legion in the long-term, that they give us a coherent history of the team. It's not that big a deal to me if it's not exactly what happened in the pre-Crisis continuity, as long as its fairly close. Read: As long as it's as close to the pre-Crisis Legion as the history of the JLA we've got now is to the pre-Crisis JLA.

#598113 05/31/07 04:30 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Agreed 100%.

I'd say nearly 90% of Legion posters on Newsarama and the DC boards agree.

#598114 05/31/07 04:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It almost seems as though they are tweaking history to have the best elements of everyone. For instance, many people agree that Sensor Girl was the best thing that ever happened to Projectra, but at the same time the love affair between Projectra and Val was legendary. Maybe this is so that we can have the best of both worlds...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#598115 05/31/07 04:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I was wrong in my actual pick but it did turn out to be the other one I said it would be.

#598116 05/31/07 04:35 PM
Active
Active
maybe the best of 3 worlds eh Crujectra?

#598117 05/31/07 08:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't think I've been as excited about a Legion tale since... well, I guess the LSV story, way back when. This Legion rocks! Here are some of my reasons: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Superman's "We were Legion"</span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Sensor Girl! It's been so long! And she uses her power in this story the way it should be used, Jeckie comes across as the competent woman we all know.</span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Dream Girl: Who could possibly NOT fall in love with her? Not only is she stunningly beautiful, but the way she treats Star Boy is nothing short of wonderful. Dreamy is really one of the cornerstones of the Legion, in my opinion.</span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Star Boy: I am liking this less-than-perfect Thom more than any of his previous incarnations, he was so dull before! Now that he is more vulnerable he is so much more likeable! And his relationship with Dream Girl is just beautiful. We learn here that he has always been schizophrenic, but 31st century medicine has kept his illness in check.</span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-I have a theory regarding what's going on with the resurrection of Karate Kid. One of the things he says is that Cos, LL and Imra risked their lives to save him. So here is what I think happened in this timeline (warning: pure speculation follows): he was not killed in the LSV battle, just hurt and kidnapped, or something. Jeckie didn't know that and became Sensor Girl the way we know. And at a later stage, the founders rescued Val. That's my version of events, and I'm sticking to it. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Val is back. Now, if they found a way to bring back Lyle everything would be perfect (I never quite bought his untimely 'death', one of the weakspots of the original Legion)</span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Dawnstar: It is so nice to see her! And again, she comes across as the competent woman she is. I think her relationship with Wildfire is strained, though. </span></span> <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-Last but not least, the person they are trying to rescue MUST be Ayla. Remember, you heard it here first. She would complete the fourth Legionnaire couple, and would make a nice parallel to LL's resurrection. And then there's the story's title... Oh, OK, I guess there is a small chance that the resurrectee could be Kal-L, as well. But that would be much less fun for me...</span></span>

This story has been excellent up to now. I really, really hope that the conclusion is satisfying, I have had so many disapointments regarding Legion story conclusions lately....

#598118 05/31/07 09:05 PM
Active
Active
Sensor girl. I am kinda of disappointed. since she was found in a swamp, I was hoping for a snake. smile

#598119 05/31/07 10:10 PM
Active
Active
Is Star Boy the first schizophrenic Super-Hero?

#598120 05/31/07 10:21 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Sensor Girl</span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">YAY!!!!!</span></span>

#598121 05/31/07 10:24 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Is Star Boy the first schizophrenic Super-Hero?
Probably. Although, compare Crazy Jane of Morrison's Doom Patrol.

#598122 06/01/07 12:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There's just one issue to go? How in the world are they going to get this all wrapped up? And the Legionnaires are splitting up again?

I found that surprising.

I wonder if JLA or JSA only fans are feeling like their books have been hijacked? This issue, especially, seemed *very* LSH heavy. I read all three, anyway, but imagine if you didn't... some of them might well be ready to read about 'their' heroes again.

About the Geo-Force 'ridiculous' quote-- after reading it in the book, it struck me that he's commenting about the sentence describing the Proty sacrifice, perhaps not so much the LSH loyalty thing.

With the 7th Legionnaire revealed as <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Sensor Girl </span></span> , this LSH becomes more and more distinct from the earlier version it closely references.

Which adds to the mystery. And keeps the excitement up.

I loved the <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Computo illusion scene. *This* is how Jeckie's power should always have been depicted. Though if it were, she probably never would've been recreated as Sensor Girl. I missed seeing some of the characters in those dome-heads the Computo army used in the source material, though.

Superman really should've seen through it quicker, IMO.

Is the fact that the seven consists of three couples and one Lone Wolf somehow significant, I wonder? Or is it just a red herring meant to point us towards Ayla as the candidate for lightning-rod resurrection? </span></span>

Could any of the recent deaths in COUNTDOWN be the subject of the LSH's lightning rod therapy?

#598123 06/01/07 12:52 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Did anyone catch <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> the fact that NIGHT GIRL is a full-fledged member of this Legion? And that 'glorious' Sun Boy is missing? Or at least was missing at the time this sampling of Legionnaires entered the time-stream? </span></span>

The Sandman/Dream Girl exchange caught my eye, too. Interesting on a couple of levels, given these two personalities.

#598124 06/01/07 02:43 AM
Active
Active
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Doctor One:
I have a theory regarding what's going on with the resurrection of Karate Kid. One of the things he says is that Cos, LL and Imra risked their lives to save him. So here is what I think happened in this timeline (warning: pure speculation follows): he was not killed in the LSV battle, just hurt and kidnapped, or something. Jeckie didn't know that and became Sensor Girl the way we know. And at a later stage, the founders rescued Val. That's my version of events, and I'm sticking to it. I absolutely LOVE the fact that Val is back.

My long-held theory was that Darkseid noticed the disappearance of Orando and intrigued, followed it. Observing the LSH-LSV War he took the opportunity to take vengeance on the one Legionnaire who had the audacity to actually touch his person (and thus subsequently had left a DNA trace) Karate Kid, as he flew into the powersphere. Leaving behind a hastily-made clone, Darkseid collects a deranged Ol-Vir, and returns to Apokolips with a new pawn in his game with the Legion...

"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63
Page 16 of 33 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,838
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Merlion Man
Merlion Man
Singapore