Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:20 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598025 05/17/07 12:12 AM
Active
Active
wow. I usually not a fan of crossovers. I don't like being forced to buy a book I normally don't read. but I must say, this arc is rather good. and Dawnstar. wow!

so how long before Showcase presents gets to the Dawnstar era?

Vixen annoying? kinda, but Red Arrow wins first prize without even trying?

as for what's going on, I think I have the perfect wild guess. the following is based on what some of you have said.

okay Ultra-Humanite is considered the first super mad scientist type. so, what if this is about bringing back the original Superman? there's a certain symmetrical nature about the story if that's the case. and it fits with Johns' story telling M.O.

long live Dawnstar

#598026 05/17/07 01:25 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Can't say I agree with the resurrecting old Superman speculation. It just doesn't seem to follow from any of the clues. Besides, there's a non-benevolent party behind this -- as deduced by Batman, who pointed out the Legionnaires were all thrown into "personal hells", and I'm not absolutely sure they're acting out of their own free will. On top of that is the strangely chummy scene with Wildfire and Reddy, and Michael's puzzling remark "he said his body was Red Tornado". The JLA and JSA have good reason to be suspicious of this Legion, methinks. Something else else's definitely not kosher.

Anyway, the next and penultimate chapter takes place according to the solicitation in Suicide Swamp, coincidentally the birthplace of Solmon Grundy and a fine place to ditch a body, so I'm inclined to think whoever the Legion is looking for on their suicide mission (and/or the last flight ring) will likely be found there.

Ed Benes' art is gorgeous and Timber Wolf has never looked better. I was surprised, though, to see Dream Girl jumping on him when he entered the room. She wasn't nearly as excited to see Starman. Something else else going on there?

After a "wtf" moment I felt kind of sorry for Dawnstar's girlfriend when she realized Dawny wasn't coming back.

#598027 05/17/07 09:59 AM
Leader
Leader
I too was bewildered by the "Wildfire has Red Tornado's body" line. In the last chapter to this story, Superman says that Wildfire is made of anti-energy and he has to check his suit for leaks. He has no body. Also, for that reason, I don't see how the electrocution device that seems to be in his future could affect him.

Red Tornado is enough of a ripoff of Vision without the whole body double thing going on. And when is he going to ditch that gaudy Godawful costume? Why does a machine need to be so flashy? And why do we need him AND Cyclone?

Maybe they're all going back in time to save Proty from sacrificing himself for Garth! smile

Why is Star Boy/Man still wearing a mask when everyone knows who he is? I want to see his face please.

I know Hawkman/woman have been rebooted about as often as the Legion, but what happened to Shayera? I can't afford to buy every book DC puts out to keep up with all these reboots.

I hope Dawnstar is the one who dies. I never cared for her and would rather see her bite the lightning rod of death than any of the others present. Too bad about her girlfriend though. It seemed kind of random to throw that in so briefly, but it's a step in the right direction. I didn't buy that the super dudes could mistake stone wings for real ones in that scene though.

It looks like the 3 covers are going to form a triptych, with a JSAer, a JLAer and a Legionnaire in each panel. Too bad. I want more Legionnaires per capita, please.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#598028 05/17/07 11:10 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Matthew E:
doesn't that make it pretty much the same plot as JLA #0-6?
Ugh, your comment just inspired a really bad thought. What if LL is in Reddy's body and the Legion is there to join him up with his corpse preserved in the swamp? Don't ask me how or why he got in there ('cause I sure don't understand why Wildfire was in it either), but I don't trust the writers not to do something so frippin' stupid.

#598029 05/17/07 07:22 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Ok and is their brainy such a jerk that he would orchestrate this whole suicide mission and then stay home?

#598030 05/17/07 11:30 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
[Linked Image]

Oh and I am still only off by 1 so far so I updated the image. I think there could still be 7 plus Lightning Lad so I'm not taking anyone out yet.

#598031 05/18/07 06:23 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I agree that the duralim rods recall the reincarnation of Lightning Lad story, hence the codeword. However, I don't think it's LL they have come back in time to revive.

When you stop to think about it, the one Legionnaire that would inspire this diverse group of Legionnaires to volunteer, knowing that one of them must die, would have to be Superboy...the Superboy that was in the Legion with them.

How the writers would pull this off I don't know. But with the rebirth of the multiverse, it does make sense that this Legion could have included Superboy (again) and the animated series has shown that they can use Superboy as long as they call him "Superman when he was a boy"

Didio and others from DC have stated that the JLA/JSA/LSH crossover will have a major impact on the DCU and will be a catalyst for the Countdown event. Certainly the reintegration of Superboy into the DCU would be a major event.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#598032 05/18/07 09:50 AM
Leader
Leader
But if the current Superman was a Legionnaire there is no dead Superboy who was a Legionnaire to revive is there?

It seems to me that if they're going into the past to save someone they should be getting Mon-El out of the Phantom Zone to save him from 1,000 years of suffering, but that's another story.

#598033 05/18/07 10:08 AM
Deputy
Deputy
There's Superboy Prime. Bringing him back may mean breaking him out of his prison. (I doubt it.)

#598034 05/18/07 10:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Vee:
Didio and others from DC have stated that the JLA/JSA/LSH crossover will have a major impact on the DCU ...
Yeah, that's what they always say, isn't it?

#598035 05/18/07 10:56 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
BARRY ALLEN? Lightning rods? I think it's a nod to Lightning Lad but I just have a feeling they are bringing Barry back. He is the hero of the Crisis. We've heard rumors of him coming back for Countdown.

Also he may be the inspiration for this Legion. I always thought the Flash mythos fits the legion better than the Superman mythos anyways.

Ok, my thoughts on this issue? It rocked! T-Wolf not shown like a dummy! His hair was a bit too Wolverine for me(yes I know he had it first!). Nice to see Wolf as a leader. Dawnstar! Wow, she looked hot. And I thought that costume would look outdated in 2007. My bad.
Wildfire in Red Tornado's body? eh. As long as this is an alternate Legion I don't mind. It's not all that bad of an idea. Infact it's kind of neat but all that cross-pollination scares me.

There are lots of Legion elements flying around the DCU of late. Sure it's fun but I just have a feeling it might bite the Legion in the tail.

#598036 05/18/07 12:26 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Um I have to side with Batman as he is the worlds greatest detective. I think they are being manipulated into ressurecting a villain. They are all a bit foggy and I am still having issues with Brainy setting thsi whole thing up and not being one of the participants... classic brainy wasn't that cold.

#598037 05/18/07 12:30 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ok, ok, I guess it can be as well Lightning Lord? smile

#598038 05/18/07 07:18 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Is Brainiac I dead in the current Superman-line?

What dead villains could be resurrected?

I'd be at least mildly disappointed if the teens from the future are all played as somebody's stooges in this crossover.

Barry wouldn't make much sense to me-- if they were going to resurrect him, why wouldn't they time-travel to a time closer to his death?

Same for Kal-L, too.

I know zombies are popular, but would Fleshless Flash sell?

#598039 05/19/07 12:32 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I actually wish that Flash was involved in this story. I really would like to know what Bart would have to say about a different Legion than the one he knew.

I can picturing him asking "Where's Jenni?" and the seven answering with, "Who?"

#598040 05/19/07 10:55 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by wndola1:
I think they are being manipulated into ressurecting a villain. They are all a bit foggy and I am still having issues with Brainy setting thsi whole thing up and not being one of the participants... classic brainy wasn't that cold.
I'm not so sure it's Brainy who's manipulating them. I think it's Despero -- the fishhead alien seen in the future with Per Degaton and Ultra-Humanite. He's a powerful telepath -- powerful enough to mindjack seven Legionnaires into doing some dirty work for them.

It calls to mind the first JLA/JSA/LSH crossover in the 70s (which this story is obviously homaging to some degree), where the heroes were mindjacked by three demons.

#598041 05/19/07 05:56 PM
Active
Active
I'm really hoping that a major Legion villain will end up being involved as well. Right now, we have two classic JSA villains and a classic JLA villain. It'll really be complete when Mordru or the Time Trapper show up, or maybe the LSV.

#598042 05/19/07 06:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
SPOILERS

Since we have time-travelling villains who escued Ultra-H from cancer in the 40s, I suspect they hooked him into the Gorilla Messiah's adult body - the same child newborn in this issue. How many white gorillas are there, and why else do they make it so important here?

Of the 3 villains presented thus far, only Degaton has a history of time-travel (as far as I know). Yet we also have the Lord of Time using the Fatal Five over in B&B... coincidence? or all part of a larger scheme?

I don't like the Red Tornado/Wuildfire link they seem to alude to; it smacks of convenience over good story-telling.

The JSA #1 preview does seem to show Kal-L returning, but not necessarily as part of the Lightning Saga.

I hope this is not a revised revival-of-Garth; that much doctoring of pre-Zero LSH contniuity seems like too much of a stretch.

I'll refrain from predictions at this point.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#598043 05/20/07 01:49 PM
Substitute
Substitute
It seems this story arc has generated a good deal of discussion but I've not seen this speculation: This is Adv.312 redux! We're told that the 7 have, as a mission, "to bring him back." Each will have a lightning wand and the last time THAT happened was a suicide mission to revive Lightning Lad from his death-like coma with the knowledge that it would cost the life of one of the participants! And this time there won't be a Proty to bite the bullet! lol

#598044 05/20/07 02:13 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
except I might point out that none of the six volunteers so far were among the original group... and why would they need to travel through time?

#598045 05/20/07 02:20 PM
Substitute
Substitute
OK, just digested some of the more recent posts and giving credit where it is due, it strikes me that Vee may have the answer. I was being semi-facetious with the LL-revival-theory, but his take that it is Superboy they intend to revive sure would be a wonderful plot with the potential to revitalize the LSH book! I hope he is right and the best of the Legion is finally returned to us!

#598046 05/20/07 05:48 PM
Leader
Leader
Wow 22 pages on this thread so far and only 4 on the last issue of the Legion book. Can you say "wag the dog"?

#598047 05/20/07 06:13 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Nobody likes a smart pants Jim. Bedard's ish was a wonderful tale. It just didn't have the crazy puzzlerific goodness of a universe wide mystery.

#598048 05/20/07 06:46 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Waid story has run out of steam, Jim.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#598049 05/20/07 07:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ok, I haven't read this anywhere else, so this is what I am thinking. I apolgize if someone else has already stated this or this is to obvious to mention.

We now have 52 earths.

So what if the current Legion -with Supergirl, Mekt the leader of the Wanders and all - exist with this Legion we see here also?

Instead of traveling just back in the past, this Legion that Superman belonged to also traveled through other dismensions also? Now time travel is even more dangerous becasue you can wind up in the past or future of any of the 52 earths?

What does everyone think of this?

Page 13 of 33 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,836
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Myg - Andy S
Myg - Andy S
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico