Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 09/28/24 03:56 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:20 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#598000 05/11/07 03:54 AM
Active
Active
Oh my, finally my monthly dose of comics got delivered and I read JLA #8 and JSA #5 first... and I thought it was really wonderful!

To finally see all the Legionnaires - if only as statues - on a double spread page again was like a dream come true after 13 years of "compromise Legion" to live through.

There they were - okay, my favorite Chemical King was missing, but Jacques Foccart was there, Ultra Boy was standing next to Tinya WHERE HE BELONGS, there was Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel, even Sensor Girl and Polar Boy indicating this version might be way into the Baxter series... I loved it. And there was Wildfire (twice), whom we hadn't seen in a decent version since Magic Wars (18 years???), and the real Star Boy and Dream Girl reunited...

I am so glad that I ordered these issues due to getting the hype here on the board. I would not have ordered them otherwise. Wow!

Now the only thing I did NOT do compared to the LAST appearance of my old Legion was crying - I certainly would have if I woulöd have stumbled upon these stories by luck.

#598001 05/11/07 04:02 AM
Active
Active
But the whole thing leaves me with a big question...

Superman being a member as a young guy - does it mean John Byrnes Man of Steel without a Superboy is no longer valid? Which Superboy was Superman?

Even though I really have read a lot of DC stuff recently (the whole 52!), I feel like I'm missing something. Who was the DnA Superboy visiting, is this the same Superman we always had or is it a new after Infinite Crisis Superman, has there ever been a Millenium or Legends or Final Night ...

I am continuity challenged!

#598002 05/11/07 09:05 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So say we all.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#598003 05/11/07 09:51 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think Superman as a teen was Superman or Clark Kent ala Smallville. Actually Superman in a red jacket and jeans in the future fighting alongside the Legion sounds pretty interesting.

#598004 05/11/07 10:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Chemical King:
But the whole thing leaves me with a big question...

Superman being a member as a young guy - does it mean John Byrnes Man of Steel without a Superboy is no longer valid? Which Superboy was Superman?
The Byrne Man of Steel was undone by Infinite Crisis. The "new earth" Superman has some of the Byrne guy's history tacked on (marriage to Lois, died fighting Doomsday) but we won't know his whole story until a definitive origin is published. "Birthright" is not it, apparently.

If the Bryne Superman is now on a parallel Earth, it's possible the post-ZH Legion would be its future. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Whatever DC have planned for 2008 will hopefully answer a lot of these questions.

#598005 05/11/07 10:40 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
But this version feels like... well, like coming home.
Yup.

#598006 05/11/07 01:54 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The double page spread of the statues makes me doubt that I have really come to think of threeboot Legion as the Legion.

#598007 05/12/07 03:11 AM
Active
Active

There they were - okay, my favorite Chemical King was missing
Are you certain? I coulda sworn I saw a Chemical King Statue...the only PC Legionaires I didn't see statues of were Supegirl, Magnetic Kid, Quislet, Tellus and Tyroc....and Superboy of course. Seemed like all the others were covered.

#598008 05/15/07 01:42 PM
Deputy
Deputy
JLA #9 spoilers at DCMB/52 from amazingman728:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">-While Mr. Terrific and Black Canary examine the Bat-Belt that popped out of Wildfire, Dr. Mid-Nite examines Dreamgirl...No, not that way. The Bat-Belt is revealed to have nothing special to it.

-Wildcat III, Vixen, Flash and Green Lantern visit Gorilla City following the signal to a Legion Flight Ring. The four arrive in time for a naming ceremony for a new born gorilla, a White Gorilla. The four come across Timberwolf and set his mind free.

-Powergirl, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Red Arrow travel to Thanagar following the signal of a Legion Flight Ring. Powergirl reveals to Roy that she knows why he accompanied them and to be careful. She then reveals that she and Hawkman had a thing.

-Metropolis in the future, three shadow forms are looking down on the body of the female Ultra-Humanite that is missing the top of her head. When one asks why they had to come a thousand years into the future, the response is that “this was the height of his power. His future. Plus the technology”. The three are then revealed to bePer Degaton, Ultra-Humanite in his white gorilla form and Despero.

-Back on Thanagar the four track the signal to who they believe to be Dawnstar but find out that it is just a lady that Dawnstar gave her flight ring to saying that she would be back for her.

-Timberwolf arrives back at the Hall and meets up with the other Legionnaires. He walks over to the Bat-Belt and pops off the canisters from the side and hands them to the others and reveals mini lightening rods. Dawnstar then arrives and is brought out of her trance. She then tells the others that “we’re here to save him aren’t we? I know where we have to go”. </span></span>

Some surprises and lots to speculate about.

#598009 05/15/07 10:39 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
lightening? as is to lighten? Or does he mean lightning?

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#598010 05/15/07 11:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Why does everyone make that mistake? *sigh* Blaim the spelling teachter. wink

Or maybe Dream Girl transmuted Garth's power not Ayla's in the restored timeline. Lightening Lad it is. tongue

#598011 05/16/07 02:00 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Save who? Are they supposed to bring somebody back to life by sacrificing one of the seven? (like the classic revival of Lightning Lad) Save Superboy maybe? But if so which Superboy?

Bring back Condo Arlik? The Valor that died and kicked off End of an Era? Lightning Lad? Andromeda? Supergirl? Blok? There are enough dead Legionnaires to keep me guessing for a while but with the continuity mix up who knows who might or might not be one of them?

Heck, at least I think they'll be able to save Earth from Keith Giffen this time around.

#598012 05/16/07 02:05 AM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Dude it would have to be Kal-L of earth 2 wouldn't it. We've seen that spoiled in JSA #1 not that I think this is what is going on, but if anyone is coming back I am betting it is Golden Age Supes

sorry just read the spoilers I think it has to be <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lightning Lad</span></span>

#598013 05/16/07 11:45 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Novelty:
lightening? as is to lighten? Or does he mean lightning?
I bet amazingman meant that Duralim is an extremely lightweight metal. wink

#598014 05/16/07 11:49 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Save who?
Hey, I dunno, but so far we have:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
"The Lightning Saga" story title
The wakeup word "Lightning Lad"
"The storm is coming" (repeated by Starman and Wildfire)
Lightning rods
</span></span>

You think maybe they're trying to tell us something?

On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time we were smacked in the face with a bunch of red herrings.

#598015 05/16/07 01:51 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
So, wait a second. If we have:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the Legion trying to bring Lightning Lad back to life (never mind why)</span></span>

and

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a bunch of villains teaming up to... well, it seems to have something to do with souping up the Ultra-Humanite, what with Dolores Winters and the white gorilla baby</span></span>

and

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a classic DC superhero team being brought back into the spotlight (the original, or original-like, Legion)</span></span>

doesn't that make it pretty much the same plot as JLA #0-6?

#598016 05/16/07 02:22 PM
Active
Active
I just read JLoA #9 and it's great!
I'm glad i didn't see those spoilers before i read it. Effectively, there is a lot to talk about, and i really like how it is turning in the end!
I don't know much of that period, but that reminds me of an event that took place in Legion history, like it has been told in previous messages here.

But still, there are 2 more issues in this crossover, so many more things can happen. I can't wait.

More on JLoA #9, when more people will have had a chance to read it.

Oh! And look at Countdown #50 for the 4 pages where we can see Batman's fight with "Trident" in more details, at the beginning of the crossover. wink

#598017 05/16/07 03:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I just want to know what's this nonsense about WILDFIRE having Red Tornado's body?!?! Is that just thrown in to give more of a connection between the two teams? That makes no sense.

I like the version of Timberwolf we have here - it sits squarely in his "lone wolf" days, pre-Ayla and plastic surgery. It was also my favorite of his costumes.

And did Dawnstar go lesbian when she had amnesia?? Is she still now that she has her memories back or is she bi? (it actually would be nice to show the future as being advanced enough where bi is the norm - where the person matters more than the gender)

And yeah, it looks to me like with the new hinted at continuity of this Legion, despite their appearance, we're almost reliving a lot of those older silver age stories. So, assuming Starboy was kicked out for murder not that long ago, there's no reason why the "resurrection of Lightning Lad story" has already happened. We could be seeing a rebooted version of that tale.

#598018 05/16/07 04:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I just want to know what's this nonsense about WILDFIRE having Red Tornado's body?!?! Is that just thrown in to give more of a connection between the two teams? That makes no sense.
Ugh. I hate when they do that. It's so Wonder Man/Vision which I'm suprised hasn't happened yet actually.

And did Dawnstar go lesbian when she had amnesia??
What in sam hill are you talking about? Do Dawnstar and Hawkgirl make out??? wink

And yeah, it looks to me like with the new hinted at continuity of this Legion, despite their appearance, we're almost reliving a lot of those older silver age stories. So, assuming Starboy was kicked out for murder not that long ago, there's no reason why the "resurrection of Lightning Lad story" has already happened. We could be seeing a rebooted version of that tale.
Scary. I was hoping not much of a difference but ohwell. I am sure there is another legion there that is even more similiar to the PC Legion.

#598019 05/16/07 08:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Loved the art, here. I found this Dream Girl much more pleasing than the fill-in guy at JSA. And Dawnstar was quite beautiful, if a tad busty. Timber Wolf looked great, too.

I liked the panel where the Legionnaires 'joined' hands, with flight rings sparking memory, confounding Batman, Mr. T, etc.

I think there's something interesting about each Legionnaire 'coming to themselves' when in the presence of teammates, after periods of isolation.

Wow- <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">lightning rods</span></span>

Didn't see *that* coming!

I think the <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">rods could well be used to save the current Superman. Though Kal-L is a terrific idea that never occurred to me. He's in a 'death-like coma'? Has that been shown? Lightning Lad seems too obvious, in a way. Doesn't mean it's not him, though.</span></span>

I was surprised how *happy* I was to see Dawnstar! What was going on with the chick on Thanagar? That was a little weird...

...as was the stuff about Red Tornado's body. Is this playing off of some story I've never read? Or is it more proof that this familiar-seeming LSH is something else again? Right in line with Dream Girl's continued mention of 'The Dreaming'.

Red Arrow and Hawkgirl were fun... but Hawkman and Power Girl? Ew. However-- 'fish gotta swim, birds gotta fly...'

LOVED, loved, loved the Timber Wolf scene in Gorilla City. I wish DC'd release a six-issue miniseries about Brin's time there. A tiny little fanboy itch that's needed scratchin' for *decades* has finally been scratched. If only more Legionnaires could've been there with the gorillas. I've *always* wanted to see the Legionnaires appear in Gorilla City on friendly (or at least friendly-'ish') terms. Nbamzi (or whatever) of 3007 for LSH membership! Thanagar's another place I've wanted to see the LSH visit (though I think they actually have a time or two). Now, for Atlantis, Mt. Olympus and Themyscira...

I'm glad Vixen was there. I'd like to see the Gorilla's interest in her receive follow-up.

Brin's isolation seems much more pronounced than it ever was, historically. Maybe because I'm reading him as the mission leader-- maybe even team leader. He seemed very in control-- of himself and the mentally scattered Legionnaires. Often with leadership comes isolation.

Two issues left? There's a lot to fit in there. I wonder if the teams will actually face the villains in this team-up-- could it be set-up for more featuring this unholy trio? Separately, they've been threatening. Together? Will they achieve unity? Frightening prospect.

Oh, yeah. "Middle crisis". Huh. Have we just been told what Countdown is counting down to? (not to anyone's great surprise, I'm sure.) Or have we gotten a glimpse of 2008's 'event'.

#598020 05/16/07 08:57 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Ok, see? That Lightning is the name of this thing and the use of LL's name is in every issue doesn't necessarily mean that Garth is the focus. If he is then I'd really like to know how he died. Space Whale or Omniphagos?

>ack!< Is one of these Legionnaires really a Protean?

Wndola might be right and we're seeing the lead up to Kal's resurrection but how does that relate to the title and all that?

Dawnstar and Hawkgirl making out? Lovely idea...is it hot in here?

Yes! Timberwolf hasn't looked so good since Cockrum's day. Excellent look.

Plenty of questions. Actually I like a story that keeps me guessing, I'm tired of the predictable tripe you can find just about everywhere and this one has been an enjoyable ride so far.

Long Live the Legion!

#598021 05/16/07 10:19 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:

I was wondering if anyone else caught that, or if I was crazy

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke
#598022 05/16/07 10:25 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Lad Boy:
The double page spread of the statues makes me doubt that I have really come to think of threeboot Legion as [b]the Legion. [/b]
That just about brought a tear to my eye
laugh

"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke
#598023 05/16/07 11:56 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Hey, question-- when did Power Girl spend six months on Thanagar with Hawkman? Was that between her time with Supergirl and becoming chairman of the JSA? Or was it during the "missing year"? Seriously-- did I miss something here..?

And, I know they're pushing the whole Roy/Kendra thing (So amusing after the last JLA and Ollie and Kenda had that thing where she mocked him mercilessly for being old.) but why didn't Carter and Kendra work out again? I stopped reading her series before she slept her way through the DCU, so I missed that whole thing. shake I really didn't like that whole thing.

And the Dawnstar thing. With the girl. Weird. So weird. I really don't even think I wanna know.

Oh, but I did like the Brin thing. How, exactly, having a tribe where he fits in is his nightmare, I don't get. But the rest... that's cool. I'd be down with that mini-series, too. wink Brin's da man. I even liked Vixen in the Gorilla City bit and she's... annoying.

This arc is getting on my nerves, though. I feel like there are too many pieces and nothing's moving forward. I'm hoping JSA will provide some much needed answers...

#598024 05/17/07 12:03 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I don't read either JSA or JLA right now, I'll catch up in the trades. And while I can't answer to the PG/Hakwman thing, I want to clear up the Hawkgirl bit.

When OYL hit, Simonson said he wanted to take Kendra an a tour of the DCU, having her be the rockstar gal of the heroset. But he's plodding pacing never allowed for that to develop. She's had some interaction with Bruce Wayne, but no real hooking up going on

As for her and Carter, she sent him away, hoping to stave off the curse of the Halls being killed together by Hath-Set.

Just spouting off.
Page 12 of 33 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,835
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
future king
future king
ontario