Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33
Re: JSA/JLA/Legion Crossover (spoilers)
#597750 04/19/07 12:20 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by wamu2:
interesting issue. several points.

1) as a 1583 rated player(class c) that whole chess thing really bugged me. regular humans have played blindfolded games against multiple opponents and have produced winning scores. so why would Mr. T, I can do multi-variable space-time coordinates in my head, use a cheap parlor trick? not to mention it looked Black Canary had a pawn on her first rank. that's an incorrect set up of the board.

whew. chess rant over.

Power girl. okay, she buys first edition Vauban. I don't know much about the character, but what is her day job? cause it sounds like something that would make Bruce save up for a month or two before buying.

on the last page. what's up with that composition. PG and the and other lady look like a photographer just shouted," That's it! Give me attitude, work it, work it!" hey DC, I like good look drawings as much as the next guy, but could you at least give them more natural poses?
The lesson was it wasn't a brilliant proof of Terrific's mental power but that they let themselves get suckered by a cheap trick instead of reasoning it out.

Powergirl Recently sold a very successful software company. She will probably never need a day job again. Oh and when you can turn coal into diamonds with your fist I think you are ok for dough. Stop getting all your background from Fan Films ;-) although I love that one
about PG looking for a job

#597751 04/19/07 12:25 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I thought KK's takedown was believable since he wasn't totally himself and he was blindsided. I just think the art wasn't too clear on what happened.

I wonder what Lightning Lad has to do with all of this -- and why were there flashes of electricity on Val's eyes as he came to? Hmmm....
Because Black Lightning Shot him from Behind. That's why he tells Batman he cheated.

#597752 04/19/07 12:28 PM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally posted by Doctor One:
Do we actually know that Dawnstar is one of the seven? For all we know, she could still have been in the future when she said that she needed to look for Starman.
Well Starman says something like The white angel is screaming at <lightneing Lad> which makes me think LL is who she was talkign to in that panel from JSA 1

#597753 04/19/07 01:57 PM
Active
Active
thanks for the info wndola1. I will have to check out that fan film soon as my connection allows.

#597754 04/19/07 08:48 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I hope Wildfire is one of them as well, can't remember a cool version of him in any of the Reboots. As for LL, the interlac and the title of the arc, I think he isn't a member of the "seven" but the reason because they are there. If it is connected to the "Great Darkness Saga" mayhaps Garth goes into the past to confront Darkseid's last known point of presence in the past to stop him from kidnapping his son in the future. Only he doesn't come back and the Legion sends a team to go fetch one of the founders and my favorite Legionnaire. All this plus the Ultra Humanite makes this the best storyline this side of the Sinestro Corps!!! Only one gripe w/ the first installment, No Alan Scott.

#597755 04/19/07 09:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

But it's certainly the lead-in to the whole "Angel screams in C-sharp" sequence, which he seems to be identifying the other members.
I thought that that was a reference to Dawnstar. Starboy also says "the white angel screeming." That could be a reference to Dawnstar's wings. I agree that "The wolf howls" probably means T-wolf. I totally missed the "itsy bitsy" line. (Bad Vi fan, bad.) I hope it's not Yera, though.

I thought KK's takedown was believable since he wasn't totally himself and he was blindsided. I just think the art wasn't too clear on what happened.
I agree. Didn't they say he didn't even use martial arts as Trident? I think it's believable that he didn't remember it all at once.

Loved Batman's reaction to Superman ranking KK as a better fighter than Bats. laugh Now that I think about it, that's a pretty good sign that the Legion is going to be treated with respect in this story. Some writers would just love to make Batman better than him.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#597756 04/19/07 11:17 PM
Deputy
Deputy
A few thoughts to add:

- Val called Batman a "cheater". Yup, I'm looking forward to him paying Bruce back before the arc is over.

- Who else but Saturn Girl could be responsible for the "telepathic failsafes" that made Karate Kid believe he was Wes Holloway and rendered Wonder Woman's truth lasso useless? (Wes Hollway, btw, of a major character in Brad Meltzer's 'Book of Fate.)

- I'm inclined to agree that Lightning Lad is *not* one of the Seven Soldiers (or his comrades would all be collapsing at the sound of his name) but rather the reason they're there in the 21st century in the first place. Either he's the target they Legionnaires are meant to acquire or -- and this seems much more likely to me -- the one who planted them in the past.

- I suspect the two guys in transuits in 1948 are the loveable time-travelling fiends Cosmic King and Mekt attempting to recruit soldiers of their own. If so, the lightning brothers might be engaged a chess game a bit more complex than the one Mr. T, Dinah and Hal were playing.

#597757 04/19/07 11:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I like that idea.

If Cosmic King and Mekt are involved, could it have been Saturn Queen that messed with their minds?

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#597758 04/19/07 11:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by wndola1:
[b] ...and why were there flashes of electricity on Val's eyes as he came to? Hmmm....
Because Black Lightning Shot him from Behind. That's why he tells Batman he cheated.[/b]
I was referring to when KK wakes up the first time in the cave before fighting Batman. Electricity flashes across his eyes as he wakes up. Also, is it a coincidence he wakes up when Batman mentions his name? When Star Boy is named, other stuff started coming back to him and of course even more when Lightning lad was mentioned in interlac.

#597759 04/20/07 12:12 AM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Well I made this for my blog... but It is taking forever to write as I am reviewing 12 books this week and they are all pretty thought provoking. So I thought I would post it here. This is my best guess for the magnificent seven.

[Linked Image]

#597760 04/20/07 02:20 AM
wndola1 Offline OP
Active
OP Offline
Active
Oh and I slapped a poll on my site if you are interested in having your opinion counted... I can only have 1 option for now... so pick the one you think will be on the list that is missing from mine.

Vote and be counted!

#597761 04/20/07 10:05 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"We're not the Teen Titans" "We're the Justice League of the 31st century".

Thank you Mr. Meltzer. Thank you very much. This issue rocked. Maybe my favorite JLA ever.

#597762 04/20/07 10:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Other thoughts? Powergirl and Vauban? You know I don't know where but I remember her being smarter than we think.

Batman vs. Karate Kid? I think it was clear that if KK was himself he could've taken Bats.

Red Tornado losing his temper? Love the attention Meltzer is giving Roy! (I actually talked on the phone with a Roy Harper on the phone yesterday at work). I would love to see Tempest join and get the same attention. He's much more interesting that Aquabore. wink

I wonder who the seven legionnaires are? This has to be tied to Darkseid's curse.

#597763 04/20/07 11:56 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by wamu2:
1) as a 1583 rated player(class c) that whole chess thing really bugged me. regular humans have played blindfolded games against multiple opponents and have produced winning scores. so why would Mr. T, I can do multi-variable space-time coordinates in my head, use a cheap parlor trick? not to mention it looked Black Canary had a pawn on her first rank. that's an incorrect set up of the board.

whew. chess rant over.

Power girl. okay, she buys first edition Vauban. I don't know much about the character, but what is her day job? cause it sounds like something that would make Bruce save up for a month or two before buying.
I thought the chess scene and the Vauban scene were among the lamest things in the book. Even granted that PG can afford the book... she's in to antique book collecting? Admittedly, I don't know recent portrayals of the character incredibly well, but that just doesn't seem to fit. I could maybe see her reading Vauban, but you don't buy books like that to read.

#597764 04/20/07 12:05 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I thought much like pre-crisis Supergirl...Powergirl had been shown in the past that she's a brain. I want to say when Dr. Mid-Nite scanned her once over in the JSA? Also in JLEurope? Anybody remember? People just remember her for her two assets poor thing. smile

#597765 04/20/07 12:22 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
She's a successful businesswoman, so I'd assume she's pretty bright. And, given that background, I'd be pretty surprised if she hadn't read Sun Tzu, so reading someone like Vauban would seem like a natural extension, especially with her being a super-hero and leader of the JSA and such.

But I see her buying the $10 Penguin Classics edition of Vauban or something. Buying first editions of seventeenth century French military strategy books just seems pretentious in a way that doesn't fit her character.

It's totally something Bruce Wayne would do, however.

#597766 04/20/07 12:48 PM
Active
Active
I guess the powers that be are doing their best to show off PG's other assets. However, it will be interesting to see if they continue with her name dropping priceless volumes she owns.

#597767 04/20/07 12:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
What the chess game, the contest between Roy's and Kendra's teams, and Vauban all have in common is the idea of *strategy*. (The same could possibly be said for brains/Batman taking down brawn/Val.) How it ties into the Seven Soldiers thing remains to be seen but there's a definite method behind the madness. Starman's lunacy might be accidental but Val was made to forget his identity on purpose.

#597768 04/20/07 01:09 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The thing is that it was done in such a "Today's theme, boys and girls, is strategy. Can you say 'strategy'?" kind of way.

It sort of reminds me of why I don't read the kind of novels that Meltzer writes.

#597769 04/20/07 02:10 PM
Reservist
Reservist
I can't wait for Power Girl to be portrayed like the competent woman she has always been. DC should give her a reduction for crying out loud.

#597770 04/20/07 02:54 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by Tromium:

- I'm inclined to agree that Lightning Lad is *not* one of the Seven Soldiers (or his comrades would all be collapsing at the sound of his name) but rather the reason they're there in the 21st century in the first place. Either he's the target they Legionnaires are meant to acquire or -- and this seems much more likely to me -- the one who planted them in the past.

I haven't read the issue yet, but it sounds like the Legionnaires in question were sent from Lightning Lad's (unfortunate) term as Leader. That would put it before GDS.

KarateKid

#597771 04/20/07 03:01 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also just cause Karate Kid is wearing the high collar it can still be anytime until the time he dies. He may have felt like wearing the collar when he went back in time? smile

#597772 04/20/07 03:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also at the end of the Karate Kid series wasn't he sent to the wrong future? Kamandi?

#597773 04/20/07 03:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't see the point of trying to pigeon-hole this story into a continuity that expired more than 20 years ago, or synchronize it with the timeline of the GDS or any other pre-Crisis story. None of these events ever happened in the old universe -- they're happening right now in the immediate present in the new post-Infinite Crisis universe/multiverse. Like Superman himself, this Legion (what little we've seen of it) may look like a duck and quack like a duck but it's not really the same old duck we knew in years gone by, the wearing of vintage costumes notwithstanding.

In fact, it could be that this Legion's Great Darkness Saga has yet to happen -- but will happen soon.

#597774 04/21/07 10:50 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Tromium:
What the chess game, the contest between Roy's and Kendra's teams, and Vauban all have in common is the idea of *strategy*. (The same could possibly be said for brains/Batman taking down brawn/Val.) How it ties into the Seven Soldiers thing remains to be seen but there's a definite method behind the madness. Starman's lunacy might be accidental but Val was made to forget his identity on purpose.
on a deeper level, the chess game was about two parties being manipulated by a third. Vauban's specialty was fortifications. and the take the flag represents the valuable prize.

so this story will will involve team manipulation to enter a forbidden fortress and recover a valuable item.

Page 2 of 33 1 2 3 4 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ferroboy
ferroboy
Newburgh, NY