Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Chain of Command (Mar 3) SPOILERS
#595013 03/03/07 08:36 PM
Active
Active
*Hands duck a pair of glasses* Try mine, the twins were fraternal.

I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure
#595014 03/03/07 08:44 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
The 'toon continues to impress me with how the creators go the extra mile. Not only did they give us Cosmic Boy this time, but also Ferro Lad ... and a surprise election with a delightful result.

I liked the rounding out of some of the characters: Cos is the consummate boy scout, but he's overprotective of Imra (which justifiably annoys her); Garth has to deal with drama on two fronts: a threat to his leadership and concern for his family. The conflict between Cos and LL was pretty much what I expected, but it did bring out new aspects of their personalities. The reason for Cos' absence also ties in nicely with the current series, another example of how the 'toon weaves in aspects of every incarnation of the Legion.

But in spite of the homages to the past, the show seems determined to chart its own course. To wit, Chuck's ascension. I'm glad to see Bouncy getting his due, as well as to see the show veer off into a direction totally unexpected.

I was puzzled by Ayla's absence from the family reunion at the end. Oh well, a subplot never hurt anyone ...

Speaking of subplots, I have no idea who the mystery villain is. I vote for somebody new. Gotta have some new blood.

Here's hoping the 'toon charts another new course by having Ferro Lad stay around a bit longer this time and not turn into the shy, self-effacing Ferro of the last boot.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#595015 03/03/07 09:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wonder if Chameleon Boy will get to pop up and make a 'CB 3' crack?

I hope so.

I liked that Cosmic Boy's attitude towards Saturn Girl was a direct echo of the Adventure era's 'too dangerous for a girl' days. If only the animated SG were as sassy as Imra was back then.

The tension among the founders makes me want to see an 'origin of the LSH' episode. I hope they really make *that* story unique to the animated continuity.

Are non-Legion fans aware that those three are the founders? And has the Lightning Lad/Saturn Girl dynamic come across as a romance? Maybe Garth is just jealous... first of Timber Wolf, now of Cosmic Boy, who seemed genuinely surprised at Lightning Lad's attitude. I get the feeling Cos came in and behaved the way he would have before he took off for his long, apparently diplomatic, mission, not stopping to think that some things might've altered during his absence.

Loved the team facing a menace that didn't wear a costume or want to take over the world. LSH rescue stories are usually fun.

Of course, the election scene was a delightful surprise. Who would've predicted Chuck as leader? Even with his stellar moment in this episode? Did Trips vote three times?

With Garth, Imra, Jo and Tinya introduced in the animated universe, I'm quite surprised that it's the Luornu (have they said her name on air yet?)/Chuck romance that's 'hitting' first!

CW isn't part of our cable system, but is broadcast the old-fashioned way, in our area. It reminds me of when I was a kid and watched PBS on a fuzzy screen with weird little blackout spurts on windy days. So, I miss some of the background detail, like just who was present via holo in the election scene and the group scene at the end of last episode. I always look forward to the caps posted here, so I can 'catch up'.

Was there any indication of who voted for who? If not, I hope the producers/writers consider a more in-depth look at an election next time there's a change in leadership. That could be a source for some nice comedic touches, I'd think.

In the group scenes, is it my imagination, or is Element Lad always paired with Sun Boy? Interesting...

It seems there's a pattern forming... one episode is full of Easter eggs and new characters and fleshing out the LSH, followed by a lighter, self-contained episode. I like that approach-- though it appears it'll be thrown off by the upcoming multiple-parter.

#595016 03/03/07 09:47 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Wow! I was surprised just how awesome this episode was!

Okay, Bouncy's actual plan was pretty hokey, but I can forgive that under the "It's writtend for kids" rubric.

And I totally think that's Zaryan at the end. What I'm guessing they're doing is mixing together the Zaryan/Sun-Eater stories, to provide more drama as to who will be killed in the finale.

#595017 03/03/07 09:51 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This was the best episode yet for me. It had all of the elements that I love in a Legion story.

I hope they use this episode as a guide while writing next year's season.

Here are a couple of clips of the key scenes.

#595018 03/04/07 06:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I loved it smile Looks like Chuck (and Lu) are gonna get a lot more screen time in the season finale.

Love how all 9 Legionnaires in this Ep got their share of screen time - goes to show that a team this large can still be handled well.

I was hoping we'd see Ayla, but at least we know she exists.

Another minor quibble: BB said he needed Andy in the forest, but Andy didn't do anything there. Oh well, least Ferro Lad still got his time to shine.

Does Cos' overprotectiveness hint at a possible Garth-Imra-Rokk triangle?

Now just give us more T-Wolf in the next Ep and I'll be happy. And let Dream Girl and Violet do something onscreen in the finale; they're the last of the Legionnaires who made cameos in T-Wolf's induction who haven't been seen in action yet.

#595019 03/04/07 02:18 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Matthew E:
I agree with everyone; very good episode.

My guess for the mystery villain at the end? Zaryan. Isn't that about what his ship looked like?
Awww. . . I was flipping through the thread, hoping no one else posted my guess. Ah, well.

But Zaryan is my guess as well. I think the cartoon creators know that most of us expect Ferro Lad to buy it in the Sun Eater episode, so I expect them to change things up and kill Lightning Lad instead.

His death sets up the introduction of Ayla next season, in an episode reminisent of her comics intro. If this is the plan, it helps to explain why we have not seen her yet, since the Legion needs to have not met her in order for her intro to "work."

Also, a Lightning Lad death is just the trigger needed for Saturn Girl to realize her full feelings for him, giving payoff to the season 1 flirtations.

#595020 03/04/07 02:45 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
My thoughts exactly Portfolio Boy. But I don't think Lightning Lad will 'stay dead' anymore than he did in the comics.

I'm hoping for a 'Disney Death' where he's seen riding the Sun-Eater down a black hole or something and comes back mid-season with some fantastic tale of a death-defying last-minute escape.

'Cause anything to do with Proty and a weird 'life-force-transfer' machine? No thanks.

Killing Ferro Lad without any payoff about the mask comment would seem cheap, and I'm not seeing how it would be 'pay-off-able' without a dedicated episode, without seeming forced or short-changing the character.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#595021 03/04/07 05:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
YAY for Chuck!!

Sounds like I missed a good ep. I'm not stressing about it too much, as I intend to get the Season 1 DVD the instant it's released.

I've missed most of the eps... I've only seen the TW intro, Alexis Luthor and the Subs. Well, lots of new stuff awaits me.

DON'T wanna miss the finale 2-parter though, so someone scream like Tyroc the week before it airs!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#595022 03/04/07 08:10 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
I think the cartoon creators know that most of us expect Ferro Lad to buy it in the Sun Eater episode, so I expect them to change things up and kill Lightning Lad instead.

His death sets up the introduction of Ayla next season, in an episode reminisent of her comics intro. If this is the plan, it helps to explain why we have not seen her yet, since the Legion needs to have not met her in order for her intro to "work."

Also, a Lightning Lad death is just the trigger needed for Saturn Girl to realize her full feelings for him, giving payoff to the season 1 flirtations.
I figure they'll either "kill" Lightning Lad, *or* kill off one of Triplicate Girl's bodies, giving us a heroic "death" while still allowing the character to continue, more or less... especially if it looks, at first, like we lose all three, *then* find out it was only one of her bodies.

As with your scenario of LL & SG, after seeing her "die" BB will no doubt voice how strongly he feels about her.

If we *have* to lose someone, I vote for someone we have more than one of. wink

Readin' Legion since '62
#595023 03/04/07 10:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I *do* find it hard to believe we'll see an *actual* death in a kiddie-cartoon.

The loss of one of Lu's bodies seems to be the perfect "out" here... death but NOT dead after all.

Still, I'm hoping either Ferro Lad buys it-- keeping with LSH history-- or, even better, Garth 'gets it' and returns midway through S2.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#595024 03/04/07 11:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:

Does Cos' overprotectiveness hint at a possible Garth-Imra-Rokk triangle?
Maybe; I took that another way, however.

Remember, from the "Timberwolf" episode, Lightning Lad and Bouncing Boy had seen Saturn Girl's "healing trance" before. And SG made a remark in this newest episode about being better able to take care of herself than she used to be.
I'm thinking SG has been injured on Legion missions before, maybe more than once, leading Cosmic Boy (somewhat understandably, especially if he felt personally responsible for SG having gotten hurt) to think of her as someone who needs looking after in physically dangerous situations. And because Cosmic Boy has been away so long, he is not aware that this is ... at least, less true than it once was.

I *hope* this is the case, as it would be further evidence that the producers & story editors of the show have given thought to the backstory of "their" version of the Legion, with individuals and relationships that have changed over time.

"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...
#595025 03/05/07 07:14 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
1) Great, great episode - the best yet in the series. It had everything - action, romance, adventure. New Legionnaires (to new viewers) are introduced, Colossal Boy and Triplicate Girl get some more air time. Superman is there, but doesn't take over - even getting sidelined for a while, and works well with the rest of the team. And a Legion election!

2) Glad to hear a second season is definite!

3) Wonder what the young people think of this series? As a seven year old Batman fan, I was captivated from my first Legion story by the various colorful characters and variety of abilities. Hopefully, youngsters think this series
is as fascinating as I thought of the Legion then and still do now.

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#595026 03/06/07 01:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's awesome to see a non-wimpy Ferro Lad again. I hope he doesn't buy it in the Sun-Eater ep. It wouldn't surprise me if they killed him though -- dying in an explosion would still be a lot less traumatic than the way Darkseid killed Turpin in the Superman show and that's supposed to be for kids too.

#595027 03/06/07 06:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My 10 year old daughter likes the Legion toon. But I think she likes the Batman one better. She's a *definite* fan of the Teen Titans!

#595028 03/06/07 06:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Tromium:
WHY-nath has changed to WIN-ath, as it should be.
When was it ever Why-nath? I don't recall hearing that on the toon before nor have I heard anyone pronounce it that way. But if there is anything that Legion fans always have opinions on, it is the pronunciation of the various names. smile

Thank god we get a two month break. I'm four episodes behind as it is. And they are burning a hole in my TiVo. Can't wait to watch this one.

#595029 03/06/07 07:04 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It was Why-nath on The Legion tryout video . I don't remember if it was used in the show or not.

#595030 03/06/07 07:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In " Champions ," it's pronounced Why-nath.

#595031 03/06/07 07:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Guess I didn't pay too close attention to Champions then. I could have sworn they used Win-ath in that episode. Don't the producers know we are going to slam them if they don't keep the continuity of the show straight? wink

#595032 03/06/07 08:25 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
To-MAY-to, to-MAH-to, Ca-RIB-be-yan, Ca-rib-BE-an, let's call the whole thing off...

#595033 03/07/07 08:51 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
Maybe everyone else pronounces it WHY-nath, but if you live there or grew up there, you pronounce it WIN-ath.

Sort of like, most people pronounce the city of Detroit, De-TROIT, but if you live there or grew up there, you more than likely pronounce it DEE-troit.

Watching television is not an activity.
#595034 03/07/07 08:59 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I actually like that theory a lot.

#595035 03/07/07 09:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll buy that. Like the people who think Nevada is pronounced Nev-ODD-uh. Anyone who lives or grew up in Nev-ADD-uh (like myself) would kick your a** for pronouncing it the, ugghh, East Coast way.

#595036 03/07/07 09:28 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I'll buy that. Like the people who think Nevada is pronounced Nev-ODD-uh. Anyone who lives or grew up in Nev-ADD-uh (like myself) would kick your a** for pronouncing it the, ugghh, East Coast way.
OF course, anyone that speaks spanish would point out that the word "nevada" means "a snow fall" and it's pronounced closer to Nev-ODD-uh than Nev-ADD-ah, though neither is correct.

tongue wink

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#595037 03/07/07 10:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]I'll buy that. Like the people who think Nevada is pronounced Nev-ODD-uh. Anyone who lives or grew up in Nev-ADD-uh (like myself) would kick your a** for pronouncing it the, ugghh, East Coast way.
OF course, anyone that speaks spanish would point out that the word "nevada" means "a snow fall" and it's pronounced closer to Nev-ODD-uh than Nev-ADD-ah, though neither is correct.

tongue wink [/b]
Says someone who lives in Flor-EYE-Duh. laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP