Roll Call
0 members (), 21 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/27/24 04:16 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/27/24 03:17 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/27/24 01:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/27/24 01:54 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:45 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 09/26/24 06:54 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by rickshaw1 - 09/26/24 05:41 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#591058 11/30/06 01:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Peter painted a bloodied cheerleader. Then he and Issac realized there was a painting missing in the series (they put them in sequence, like panels on a comic book page). Simone had sold some of Issac's art, and that was one of the paintings that Linderman (the big Mafia guy in Vegas) bought. Peter asked his brother the lawyer/politician-wannabe to get it back for him. When his brother got the painting back, he destroyed it before Peter could see it. It clearly showed where the cheerleader would die (the name of the school and a clock on the wall) and Peter's dead body lying on the ground.

Simone had a Polaroid of the painting, and she revealed it to Peter, so he would know where to go, even if he was destined not to survive.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#591059 11/30/06 01:06 AM
Deputy
Deputy
BTW, Here\'s an interview with the Heroes "brothers", currently on the MSN home page.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#591060 11/30/06 01:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hiro's story was sad, but not unexpected. Not to get bogged down with time paradoxes, but I wonder how things progressed in Charlie's revised timeline. She met Hiro six months ago, fell in love, he disappeared, then ... what exactly? It's not like she met Hiro and Ando again before getting killed and Ando's been there the whole time so it seems that he remembers things from the original timeline. I dunno ...

Cool to see the origins of some of the "evolutionaries", even if they weren't complete. I don't know if I buy Command Lass' motivation to keep working with HRG and not just take off. I also wish we could've seen where Jessica got that mark on her shoulder.

The writers have been saying that the number 9 is significant to the series - has anyone picked up on any occurences where 9 is important?

Another interesting motif is the eclipse that's used in the show title. There was that reflection on the glass in the hospital when Nathan finds out about his wife's paralysis that looked like an eclipse - was there any other occurence of that motif?

#591061 11/30/06 02:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Hiro's story was sad, but not unexpected. Not to get bogged down with time paradoxes, but I wonder how things progressed in Charlie's revised timeline. She met Hiro six months ago, fell in love, he disappeared, then ... what exactly? It's not like she met Hiro and Ando again before getting killed and Ando's been there the whole time so it seems that he remembers things from the original timeline. I dunno ...
Well, IIRC, when Hiro showed up Ando had been standing looking at what appeared to be a shrine to Charlie. I assumed it to be a memorial for her after she passed from the blood clot rather than of her murder.

#591062 11/30/06 02:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I assumed it to be a memorial for her after she passed from the blood clot rather than of her murder.
OOOoooooOOOHHHhhhh....! I guess that makes more sense then. Was there anything in the episode that stated this? I guess that means Syler didn't get her power?

#591063 11/30/06 09:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's possible that Charlie was still murdered, but pretended not to know Hiro when he showed up. She did mention that she learned Japanese from a phrase book that someone gave her...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591064 11/30/06 12:15 PM
Active
Active
If that is true , does that mean that Hiro actually caused her to die earlier than if she had been killed by Sylar?

#591065 11/30/06 03:45 PM
Active
Active
WHOOOOOOOoooooooooaaaaaa... I didn't pick up on the "blood clot" death vibe at all. I like it, and would prefer it, it explains the significance of us being told of her blood clot... because I keep wondering why it was brought up to begin with... I've been thinking it was brought up because it would eventually somehow affect Sylar since he eats, absorbs the brains of his victims... but this alternative reason for it being written into the episode works well... but you gotta think if the writers wanted us to know that they would have bent over backwards to have made that clear to us, so I'm not totally convinced that we're supposed to believe she died via bloodclot. Hopefully next week's episode will resolve that... it would be a much nicer way for her to pass.

#591066 11/30/06 03:50 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think it's still fairly mysterious what happened regarding Hiro between his showing back up in Tokyo and his arriving at the diner. Did he go back and try to save her again? Exactly how did he get back to Texas?

#591067 11/30/06 04:10 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
It's possible that Charlie was still murdered, but pretended not to know Hiro when he showed up. She did mention that she learned Japanese from a phrase book that someone gave her...
And Hiro did tell 6 month ago Charlie that he was from the future. Still I find it hard to believe that she would have feelings for him (which she obviously does/did) and not say anything when he shows up. We probably need to rewatch their first meeting to see if it jives with what we now know.

I also didn't get a vibe that she now died of the blood clot.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#591068 11/30/06 04:16 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think it's still fairly mysterious what happened regarding Hiro between his showing back up in Tokyo and his arriving at the diner. Did he go back and try to save her again? Exactly how did he get back to Texas?
He did try to go back to save her again, when he was in Japan, but was unable to go back. I think that was his power's way of telling him that he wasn't supposed to do it. He went back the first time, because he was supposed to meet her 6 months ago and teach her Japanese, etc, but he was not supposed to save her, otherwise he would cause a time paradox.

That was my interpretation, anyways.

As for getting back to Texas, I assumed that he either used his power, or he hopped a plane.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591069 12/01/06 01:21 AM
Deputy
Deputy
so let me guess even with Hiro traveling back to try to save her (total recall lass) it wouldn't of made a difference because if Sylar didn't get her the hemmerage would've? and i liked how they've seemed to show that even Hiro's powers have a limit.
and i liked the power of pursuasion lass, kinda like the Bene Gesserit from Dune and part Jedi mind trick.
i wondered how she managed to get mohinder to return to India in the first place.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#591070 12/01/06 01:31 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Both "Heroes" and "Jericho" look interesting. I'll definitely check them out, but with trepidation--so many series start out promising but often are cancelled too quickly or just fail to deliver on the promise their pilot episode showed: "Surface" and "Threshold" from last year come readily to mind. "Surface" was cancelled too quickly and the "Threshold" just got crappier each episode after a promising pilot.
I'm glad "Heroes" has proven my fears wrong so far! Love this show...and love that it's ratings are healthy!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#591071 12/04/06 11:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Two killer episodes in a row; the ratings growth for HEROES will certainly continue, unless the nearly 2-month gap kills the momentum.

Just when I've accepted Super-Memory Lass' untimely demise, we lose another female castmember, and one I was really getting to like. I liked that she chose to take her own life rather than allow Sylar to steal her dangerous power. You will be missed, Mind-Control Maiden!

If Sylar had his powers all along, why didn't he escape earlier?

Claire is going to hate her Dad now, rightly so.

What made Peter so ill? I wish his brother would stop being a dip$h!+. Love that Isaac no longer needs the drugs to make his powers work. Saturn Cop continues to impress. Hope that Nikki can somehow learn to harness Jessica's power without bringing her "out". I though DL was a goner there for a minute.

The final scene with the dream-sequence gathering of the "9th Wonders" was cool; I'm ready to see them all together for real.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#591072 12/04/06 11:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by MLLASH:

What do you suppose was Forget Guy's motivation for going against Pop?

#591073 12/04/06 11:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Maybe it's Peter who blows up, mimicking Roy's powers...
And looks like we might have a precog in the house!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#591074 12/04/06 11:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blockade Boy:
[b]
What do you suppose was Forget Guy's motivation for going against Pop?[/b]
I'm suspecting he knows something about Claire's apparent important role to come.

#591075 12/05/06 08:11 AM
Active
Active
Peter was obviously ill when Claire came to see him, so why didn't he automatically heal afterward? I'm starting to get a "Human Torch" vibe in his future.

Tired beyond belief at the whole Niki/Jessica split personality storyline, ENOUGH!

And why was Simone present in the vision... might she have an as of yet untapped power?

Shows starting to take on an "X Files", "4400" feel to me, which is fine by me. Lots of unanswered questions starting to pop up, the answers for which I'm beginning to think lie in various parallel storylines/directions. Sylar, nuclear bomb, Peter's "flaming on" may all be totally independent occurances which happen to occur at about the same time.

#591076 12/05/06 10:18 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I'm a little upset that they made Zach forget all about his friendship with Claire. It was so cool that her best friend was a gay boy.

Originally posted by Bubble Wrap Boy:
Peter was obviously ill when Claire came to see him, so why didn't he automatically heal afterward? I'm starting to get a "Human Torch" vibe in his future.

Tired beyond belief at the whole Niki/Jessica split personality storyline, ENOUGH!

Does Claire heal from illness or injury or both? If it's just injury, then perhaps an illness may not have been affected.

And I agree about Split Personality Girl. I think that's the weakest storyline (although her husband is hot!)

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#591077 12/05/06 10:24 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I just think Multiple Girl's storyline has gone on too long. Such a bummer when Claire's friend wasn't her friend anymore. Dad's a dick. Also sad about Mind-Control Maiden, but definitely cool that she took herself out. So Sylar (who seems to be even creepier now that he has a face) is on the loose again. So many tasty brains around--which one will he choose? Could he really eat Claire's brain, or would she just heal back again? She has actually been clinically dead and come back (the science of that makes my head hurt, but oh well...), so COULD he get her at all? Funny how hard Creepy Dad is working to protect a girl who is invulnerable.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#591078 12/05/06 10:51 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Okay, I'm getting annoyed at the lost of female characters. It's almost as bad as an actual comic book.

So Mr. Amnesia apparently has secrets of his own, including the fact that he can speak. Interesting.

I actually started laughing when Sylar started into the whole "You and me are alike" think with Creepy Dad.

#591079 12/05/06 11:03 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Peter's sudden illness and vision are a complete mystery to me. I was hoping some of the great minds here could explain it. It seems to suggest that either a) Peter has some power apart from his "leeching" ability, or 2) he was exposed to someone whose powers caused the illness/vision, someone we didn't know had powers. (HRG, maybe?) Apparently, the first new Dr. Who actor (Eccleston?) is joining the cast in 2007 and will become Peter's mentor. Cool stuff.

I like Lash's insight that Eden killed herself to prevent Sylar from getting her power. But, does that work? Doesn't he take powers from his dead victims, or does the "taking" cause their deaths? I am confused. IF Sylar got Eden's power, maybe his use of it causes the events in Peter's vision?

It is heart-breaking about Claire, and indicates her relationship with Daddy will continue to evolve. How cool that the Haitian speaks, and has his own secret agenda separate from HRG? That's an awesome twist, AND it explains why NO ONE noticed Claire's powers earlier. Man, given the injuries toddlers usually inflict on themselves, she would have been a sensation on Oprah by age 4 if the Haitian was playing damage control!

I agree that Nikki's story has, in some ways, been the weakest of the bunch, although maybe that complaint applies only because, so far, it seems so unconnected to the main plot? I am glad she stood up and did the right thing by turning herself in. Mainly, I can't wait to see Jessica in jail! Hoo-boy!

Saturn Cop is a great character, and very well-performed, and the interaction with the FBI agent is fun, film-noir style male/female banter. The actor playing Ando also does a great job. So much of his performance has to be non-verbal reactions to the goings on, and he plays it for all it's worth.

I resisted watching this show on the (ill-considered) review of a local newspaper critic who is into sci-fi-type shows. I am thrilled I changed my mind. It is fun, unpredictable and exciting. Even LOST, which I very much enjoy, is often now more interesting than fun.

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#591080 12/05/06 12:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And looks like we might have a precog in the house!
They don't call me Psi-Chick for nothin', you know wink

#591081 12/05/06 01:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by doublechinner:
Peter's sudden illness and vision are a complete mystery to me. I was hoping some of the great minds here could explain it. It seems to suggest that either a) Peter has some power apart from his "leeching" ability, or 2) he was exposed to someone whose powers caused the illness/vision, someone we didn't know had powers. (HRG, maybe?)
I wonder if the illness was somehow related to his leeching Saturn Cop's powers. He seemed to start looking sick after that. Or it could have been caused by his leeching of Sylar, and it just took awhile to show up.

Also, Peter has been shown to be having prophetic dreams since the beginning of the series. Remember his dreams that he could fly? Those occurred before his brother was revealed to have the ability. I think there were other dreams as well.

Originally posted by doublechinner:
I like Lash's insight that Eden killed herself to prevent Sylar from getting her power. But, does that work? Doesn't he take powers from his dead victims, or does the "taking" cause their deaths? I am confused. IF Sylar got Eden's power, maybe his use of it causes the events in Peter's vision?
From what I'm gathering from bits and pieces, I think that Sylar opens up people's heads to better study their brains, and detect the genetic makeup that gives them their powers. He then alters his own generic makeup to gain those abilities. I don't think that there's any brain eating going on. When Eden blew her brains out, she effectively prevented him from copying her powers.

#591082 12/05/06 01:13 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Peter also had the dream with Simone's father when he died.

It's pretty clear that Sylar can see what's "wrong" with people that causes their powers. It's not clear at all yet how he's able to take on their abilities.

The interesting thing is that not only that Sylar's abilities started working (it seems fairly clear that they didn't work when H.R.G. visited him), but also that Eden's abilities didn't seem to affect him.

Page 12 of 34 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,827
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star