Roll Call
0 members (), 54 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Ann Hebistand - 09/28/24 07:14 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#590983 11/14/06 12:09 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
*fingers in ears*Nananananananana

Still watching. Had to watch Two and a Half Men first. Got my laughs in now I'm ready for some good suspense.

#590984 11/14/06 01:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
interesting episode, indeed!

#590985 11/14/06 01:46 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow -- the super peeps are popping up all over the place! We get two new ones plus one who turns out to have powers that we didn't know had them. (it certainly gives added meaning to her goodbye scene with Mohinder and why H.R.G. asked if she did "everything she could" to get him to stay) Cool to see radiation man won't be forgotten and more Syler action! I'm starting to wonder if the head slicing is being done with the sword Hiro ends up with. And could Hiro's latest jaunt explain his better understanding of English? Just how far back did he go? It'd be interesting if instead of teleporting back to the present he'll be shown to be living in Texas waiting for the present to catch up to him.

#590986 11/14/06 10:53 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
It'll be interesting to see how the Hiro stuff plays out. As much as I hated to see Mnemonic Lass go, his being able to just pop back and save her seems like it would be too easy.

#590987 11/14/06 11:56 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Even if he does save her, it's doubtful that it'll be easy at all for Hiro (just look at the expression on his face - or maybe he's like me and doesn't photograph well). One thing that'll be interesting to see is whether or not there will be a paradox in terms of Ando being in the diner at the same time as the photo of Hiro and Memory Maiden together - as in if Hiro's in the past, will Ando still end up being in the diner at that moment or are we seeing a momentary confluence on continuities?

#590988 11/14/06 04:56 PM
Active
Active
i wonder if the nuclear explosion in the future is caused by radiation roy

#590989 11/14/06 07:16 PM
strange but not a stranger
Have you noticed that when Hiro is with another powered person, he becomes able to speak English? Maybe he has a bit of an absorbtion power too.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#590990 11/14/06 08:10 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
happy news !!!

we get 'HEROES' here in the UK, in the New Year !!!

Matthew.

#590991 11/14/06 10:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Have you noticed that when Hiro is with another powered person, he becomes able to speak English? Maybe he has a bit of an absorbtion power too.
I think it's more the power of bad writing than anything else... wink

In general, I do love the show, though.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#590992 11/14/06 11:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Memory Maiden
i've kinda dubbed her Recall Lass.

but the thing i'm wondering about is weither there will be any reprocussions from Hiro doing all these time juants. he already a power failure when Jessica, aka Evil Niki killed all the gamblers in the other room a few episodes back and something must've went wrong since he didn't come right back after trying to save Recall lass. just thinking maybe if he usues it too much his powers might fail him when he needs it most

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#590993 11/15/06 10:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Future Hiro did mention something about the risk of a "rift" of somesort so there is a definite limitation/ danger to his powers. Maybe we'll find out how Hiro learns about rifts sooner than later.

#590994 11/15/06 11:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Has anybody read the Entertainment Weekly cover story on Heroes? There's lots of potential spoilers....

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Hiro ends up bussing tables in the restaurant. I hope he saves Memory Girl, because I like her.

The actor's name portraying the character that is Sylar "scores more than 10 points in Scrabble."

Hiro and Jekyll/Hyde Lass's powers will be fully explained in future shows, by Xmas IIRC.</span></span>

There's more, but I can't remember. Brain like swiss cheese.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#590995 11/15/06 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
[b] Have you noticed that when Hiro is with another powered person, he becomes able to speak English? Maybe he has a bit of an absorbtion power too.
I think it's more the power of bad writing than anything else... wink

In general, I do love the show, though. [/b]
Actually I think it is deliberate. I think it ties in with the fully fluent future Hiro on the subway train. (hmmm say "fully fluent future" five times fast)

#590996 11/15/06 08:27 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Y'know, considering this was the episode before the big Homecoming "Save the Cheerleader" episode next week, I was expecting a more concrete buildup to it. What I mean is more of a coming together of characters and bigger clues for the assorted heroes. Basically, it looks like we're in for a busy hour next week, considering the one after that is a flashback to six months earlier.!

If HRG/Bennet is so concerned about Claire, why is he letting her go to the bash in the first place? The only explanation I have is that he wants to control the site in a known location, and if Sylar is after her, he'll go after her where ever she is. All I can say is if it were my kids, they'd be out of the country! (Gotta wonder, though, if Hiro saves/saved Mnemonic Lass, why wouldn't Sylar go after her where ever else she is?)

Is that supposed to be Mohinder's dead sister in his visions? Looks like a boy to me!

What we saw of Sylar doesn't rule out Peter. Looks like he has brown or black hair, though I thought I saw some facial hair on his chin. He's definitely either caucasian, or possibly Asian. So it could also be Nathan, Hiro, Ando, a slimmed-down Matt--basically almost any ofthe male cast! This is of course assuming Sylar's someone we know. I don't see the point of hiding his identity otherwise.

I missed Niki, Peter, Nathan and D.L. this episode. I think the ep lacked some spark with all those characters missing.

Wonder what Eden's/Spy Girl's power is, specifically? Bending people's wills? Whatever it is,she's reluctant to use it.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590997 11/15/06 08:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I don't know if this has been brought up but what if Sylar killed Mnemonic Lass on purpose, knowing Hiro was there and would try to save her by going back? I think he set Hiro up to get him out of the way and potentially clear the path for getting Claire.

#590998 11/16/06 12:45 AM
Active
Active
as long as his sidekick is sitting in the restaurant, you know hiro never succeeded in saving her because everyone would have changed immediately.

#590999 11/16/06 01:13 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
as long as his sidekick is sitting in the restaurant, you know hiro never succeeded in saving her because everyone would have changed immediately.
Not necessarily. If future Hiro could co-exist in the same timeframe as present-day Hiro, there's no reason to believe past Hiro can't do the same, and basically catch up to present Hiro.

#591000 11/16/06 04:47 PM
Active
Active
yes, but if hiro saves memory lass, then wouldnt that change everything in the future, as in, no cops, no sidekick sitting around waiting for hiro to return. i dont know if you know what i mean.

#591001 11/16/06 04:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You know how sometimes it seems like time is dragging by? This is probably one of those times laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591002 11/16/06 04:55 PM
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Wonder what Eden's/Spy Girl's power is, specifically? Bending people's wills? Whatever it is,she's reluctant to use it.
I would say that it is some sort of persuasion/mind control power. For no reason, I am thinking it is pheromone in nature. In thinking out this question, I would reject my pheromone theory and go with more of a mind control power. I would say that either the use gives her direct pain or by controlling other's minds, she gets to know them on an intimate level and that is emotionally taxing for her. There does seem to be an audible part to her power as we saw her talking to Future Artist (what is his name?)

#591003 11/16/06 05:18 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
yes, but if hiro saves memory lass, then wouldnt that change everything in the future, as in, no cops, no sidekick sitting around waiting for hiro to return. i dont know if you know what i mean.
Not if his going back into the past was what was originally supposed to happen, it may have been something that was to be part of his timeline, so that Ando is supposed to be dropped off there, then Hiro goes back, and possible jumps back forward, bringing Ando to the cafe (because remember, present day Hiro knows he has to get Ando there somehow)... for all we know there may have been several sequences of Hiro jumping back and forth and we've only been witnessed to the one back.

Sort of like the question did future Hiro come back in time because bad things have occurred and thus he's trying to alter time, or is his coming back in time to warn Peter the reason why the future gets saved and Hiro's future is not as gruesome as it would have been had he not gone back in time to warn Peter.

Definitely a time paradox at work... whatever the case, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with it.

#591004 11/16/06 05:32 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
It's not clear yet at all how the show is going to deal with the paradoxes of time travel (or the fatalistic consequences of precognition, for that matter). Can the Heroes actually prevent the nuclear explosion, given that Hiro has already witnessed it and Future Artist has predicted it?

#591005 11/16/06 06:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I would say that either the use gives her direct pain or by controlling other's minds, she gets to know them on an intimate level and that is emotionally taxing for her.
Perhaps it is an ethical thing for her. Painter Guy (crap I suck with names... was it Isaac?) was trying so hard to get clean, and she was going to force him to use drugs again.

Maybe that other time she was talking about, she used her powers to force someone to do something and it ended up bad (perhaps even deadly). Maybe she accidently caused Mohinder's father's death somehow?

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#591006 11/16/06 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
[b] I would say that either the use gives her direct pain or by controlling other's minds, she gets to know them on an intimate level and that is emotionally taxing for her.
Perhaps it is an ethical thing for her. Painter Guy (crap I suck with names... was it Isaac?) was trying so hard to get clean, and she was going to force him to use drugs again.

Maybe that other time she was talking about, she used her powers to force someone to do something and it ended up bad (perhaps even deadly). Maybe she accidently caused Mohinder's father's death somehow? [/b]
Definite possibilities.

#591007 11/16/06 06:23 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
[b]
[b] I would say that either the use gives her direct pain or by controlling other's minds, she gets to know them on an intimate level and that is emotionally taxing for her.

Maybe that other time she was talking about, she used her powers to force someone to do something and it ended up bad (perhaps even deadly). Maybe she accidently caused Mohinder's father's death somehow? [/b]
Definite possibilities.[/b]
Maybe she "caused" Sylar. She could have been tasked with persuading him to help them "collect" the super peeps so that they could "study" their brains.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
Page 9 of 34 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,838
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star