Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#590958 11/07/06 01:58 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
I'm guessing spygirl turns out to be a super, but I doubt Mohinder will.

I'm trying to decide about the "Radiation Roy" guy. On the one hand, it wasn't particular subtle for him to mention blowing up like that, so it seems more like a red herring than genuine foreshadowing. Maybe the villains learn about him and decide to use him as a "Human Bomb"?

#590959 11/07/06 02:09 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
So far, I guess, "Roy" is the only clue wehave as to how NYC might blow up...unless Sylar can steal powers as we've speculated and uses Roy's to do the deed. It's fun speculating!

Anyhow, I hope HRG, Nathan's wife, Mohinder and Claire's guy friend all particularly stay amongthe nonpowered. Unless...is it possible (and this is pretty 'out there') the tendencyto develop powers is more like a contagious disease? I don't really want that to be the case, but it's a thought anyway...

And [drumroll please] I've figured out definitely who Sylar is.......
(spoiler space)
Ando!

Just kidding! laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590960 11/07/06 02:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Maybe it's Peter who blows up, mimicking Roy's powers...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590961 11/07/06 02:27 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
You know, I could almost see Saturn Cop having his own spinoff series where he and FBI chick investigate super-powered crimes...

#590962 11/07/06 02:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
So...did Nathan obtain the painting and lie to Peter about it? That was my take anyway.
Lardy,

I had the same interpretation here that you did!

I really hope Peter isn't Sylar as people are speculating. Peter still thinks he can fly it seems, rather than being able to copy the power of those around him (he can't retain the powers he's copied, right? He needs to be in close proximity to the super I think).

I'd hate for him to take a leap off a building while Nathan's not around. I think the only way that scene would work is if, while he's trying to save Claire by flying them off a cliff or something, they both fall and "die", but her recuperative powers save them both. Maybe then he'd "get it". He's already been able to copy Issac's future visions and Peter's flight, and unknowingly he's tapped into Hiro's time/space bending powers during their conversation on the subway.

And I absolutely loved Hiro showing Micah the comic book he was in... hysterical!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#590963 11/07/06 04:09 PM
Active
Active
So we're supposed to believe that these powers have been orchestrated to appear in speicific individuals, otherwise how do you explain that there are no dupications. Each person has a very unique power, not shared by anyone, with Peter's being the ultimate in uniqueness because he can seemingly borrow all of them.

Wonder what happens to Peter when there are more than one super in a room. Does he take on all the pwers or his he like Jo, only one power at a time... and if so, does he get to choose which one he needs, and for how long?

#590964 11/07/06 04:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
What was the thing on Matt's back? Is the same "tattoo" on Niki growing on Matt? or was that a little souvenir from HRG guy? (he was "bagged and tagged" - the number of lines and/or presence of the squiggle indicating a specific classification of powers?)

#590965 11/07/06 04:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Peter still thinks he can fly it seems, rather than being able to copy the power of those around him (he can't retain the powers he's copied, right?
I was a little surprised that Peter hasn't realized that flight might not be his true power. Maybe when he copies another more obvious power, like how Nathan's is, he'll connect the dots. And, yes, nothing's been shown to suggest he retains the powers (remember the monkey bars?), but I suppose that could change as he learns more and possibly grows more powerful.

If Sylar is a future version of Peter , then it's possible that whatever series of events get him there could be altered. It's a thought, anyway!

And I absolutely loved Hiro showing Micah the comic book he was in... hysterical!
That was an awesome bit! Some say that Hiro's too much of a stereotype, but his sense of awe and wonder at his situation are a breath of fresh air! No reluctant "Hiro" here!

#590966 11/07/06 04:49 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
What was the thing on Matt's back? Is the same "tattoo" on Niki growing on Matt? or was that a little souvenir from HRG guy? (he was "bagged and tagged" - the number of lines and/or presence of the squiggle indicating a specific classification of powers?)
Could be a brand or tracer put on them by HRG's group. They seem to kidnap supers, study them, then release them sans memories of the encounter. I don't know if Niki was ever kidnapped, but it's possible. Does Nathan have one? If so, that would disprove my theory since he escaped prematurely.

#590967 11/07/06 05:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If I'm not mistaken, Niki doesn't have a tattoo, but her alter ego does. Maybe it's linked to the active power...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590968 11/07/06 05:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Some say that Hiro's too much of a stereotype, but his sense of awe and wonder at his situation are a breath of fresh air! No reluctant "Hiro" here!
To me, the stereotype that Hiro represents isn't Asians, but comic geeks. I mean, if I suddenly gained cool super-powers, I would totally geek out over using them. I think Hiro is "us". smile

#590969 11/07/06 05:27 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Peter: I don't think he is Sylar. If he was, surely Future Hiro would have know that and not gone back to tell him about the cheerleader.

And hopefully after he uses a couple of other people's powers, he will figure out that he copies/borrows their power.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#590970 11/07/06 06:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I would think the only way Peter could wind up being Sylar, is if he can retain the powers (I get the feeling from the show that Sylar has all/everyone's powers), so he would wind up using Hiro's power to go back in time and become "evil". That would make for quite a switch in who we are supposed to think of as "good" and "bad". I know we've been speculating that HRG may actually have some redeeming motive behind what he's doing (so he's a hero) and Peter, who so far has portrayed the most optomistic and seems to want to right wrongs (he and Hiro both), was to fall from grace for some reason (a la Anakin becoming Darth Vader) and become their biggest opponent. So I hope Quislet's argument is valid because if the guy who controls space and time can't tell that Peter will wind up being the bad guy, who can you trust??? I really hope Peter will stay true!

It makes me think of Niki, who appeared to be good, until we recently saw her dark side in action. It doesn't seem like she is killing merely to protect herself and her son Mikah when Jessica is out to play. Why does Jessica hate her husband to draw her wrath and be framed for the murders she committed and money she took? BTW, I loved it when Mikah asked to talk to his mom when Jessica was on the phone! Priceless!!

And I think Spellbinder's got the right take on Hiro. It is not an Asian stereotype so much as a comic fanboy stereotype. That's got to be why we all love him so much! Dead on, Spell! smile

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#590971 11/07/06 08:05 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Peter: I don't think he is Sylar. If he was, surely Future Hiro would have know that and not gone back to tell him about the cheerleader.
Unless his failure to save the cheerleader is what starts him down the path to the dark side...

I think Sylar gains other's powers by eating their brains (or something like that), so maybe Peter could discover that this is the way for his powers to become permanent.

I think, however, that it is unlikely that Peter = Sylar. I don't think it really makes much sense in the light of Sylar's status as "Patient Zero" and his connection to Mohinder's father.

And, speaking of fathers, what did you guys think of the death of Simone's father? It seems like there's got to be something more there.

#590972 11/07/06 09:29 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
For the record I didn't call Hiro a Japanese sterotype--but he was referred to as such by at least one poster earlier in this thread.

It's true, though, that he's a fanboy stereotype, and I'm lovin' every minute of it!

#590973 11/07/06 10:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
The thing on Matt wasn't the same tattoo as Niki's was it? He and the Radioactive Man have the same mark- two lines.

Just spouting off.
#590974 11/08/06 04:43 PM
Active
Active
Has anyone been reading the comic online or checking out hiro's blog on nbc.com?

#590975 11/08/06 07:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
The thing on Matt wasn't the same tattoo as Niki's was it? He and the Radioactive Man have the same mark- two lines.
Right - not exactly the same as Niki's (or is that Jessica?), but the two hash marks could be a part of that whole "RNA single helix with two hashmarks on once curve and one hashmark on the reverse curve" design. When we see it again on Matt, will it actually be more filled in?

#590976 11/10/06 01:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, maybe I'm a little slow but did everyone but me know that HRG (Bennett, Claire's father) played Steven Carrington on Dynasty? Big "D'oh!" moment when I realized that last week.

#590977 11/10/06 09:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Maybe Syler is really Sammy Jo Carrington! laugh

#590978 11/10/06 12:41 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Okay, maybe I'm a little slow but did everyone but me know that HRG (Bennett, Claire's father) played Steven Carrington on Dynasty? Big "D'oh!" moment when I realized that last week.
I have been [pulling my hair out trying to figure out where I've seen this guy before. Huge lightbulb going off.

#590979 11/10/06 02:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It's the glasses. It's that whole "Clark Kent/Superman" mumbo jumbo smile

#590980 11/10/06 02:41 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I had a similar moment with DL until I found him on the Internet--he was one of Riley's pals on Buffy and one of the Kryptonians on Smallville. This guy has a geek trifecta...

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#590981 11/13/06 11:23 PM
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Enjoy's tonight episode...

#590982 11/13/06 11:54 PM
Deputy
Deputy
LOL it was a great episode!!

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
Page 8 of 34 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star