Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#590933 10/31/06 02:12 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Hiro and his sidekick was stuck in Bathroom and someone or somebody hacked the Poker Gang...who?
Seemed pretty clear that "Reverse-Niki" did it (she admitted it when Niki was talking to herself).

Anyone remember what the missing painting was? Interesting to note the paintings that haven't come true yet -- Hiro and Ando in front of a bloody "Welcome" sign? Peter in a locker room with the doors flying off? And of course the ones with the cheerleader.

Is anyone else getting tired of the "Save the cheerleader, save the world" promos? As a tagline it just seems ... corny or something.

Oh yeah, and Comic Book Resources is running a weekly Q&A with writers of the show - they're up to their second installment.

#590934 10/31/06 01:37 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Based on some of the preview pics for a Nov 20th episode on the Q&A at CBR, I think Isaac's painting sequence actually is showing Peter, Hiro, Ando and others finding Claire and trying to help her.

I suddenly had a thought--what if Peter Petrelli's power is to actually 'take' other people's powers, thus, they lose it when he has it. It might explain way his brother tried to grab him, but began to fail, only until Peter suddenly flew and saved them (per what Nathan said about it). What this means is: if Peter actually is going to save Claire, maybe that could lead to Peter being one that actually might bring about her end? That could be a twist if his power effects others in that way.

For last night's episode, another great one. Ms. Mirror's storyline continues to progress and be cool, we see more of D.L. (a badass, but honorable and good), and Hiro and Ando are awesome as always.

The revelations about Mohinder's friend was something a lot of us saw coming. Its interesting, but I hope that while this could hinder a potential romance b/t them, it doesn't end it completely--I thought that kissing scene was very sweet.

There's a ton going on, so its easy for some characters not to shine as much each episode. I think the amount of time we get from Claire and her father will be more enjoyable when its tempered with other characters interacting with them. But this is obviously done very much on purpose--they're making us wait for it for the big payoff--which appears to be the Nov 20th episode now.

#590935 10/31/06 03:33 PM
Leader
Leader
I knew that Eden chick (is that her name? the pixie haircut girl who looks like Summer from 'OC') was evil! What I wanna know too is if all these other folks have/will get/already have powers - Hiro's friend Ando, Eden, Horned Rimmed Glasses, Nikki's son, etc.?

#590936 10/31/06 05:50 PM
Active
Active
Have we actually seen Claire's dad do anything evil? Certainly the soundtrack played while he's on would lend one to believe that, but I'm beginning to think it's all a red herring, that he and Pixie are actually on side of the "good guys" and we've not actually met, "the enemy" yet.

#590937 10/31/06 06:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm almost starting to wonder if Claire's dad is like our own Triplicate Girl. It sometimes feels that in the course of an episode we see him at home in the Midwest, in Las Vegas, and/or in Los Angeles. So he can either replicate himself or he can teleport. It just seems like he's too "everywhere" to me.

And we so called Eden as being on the side of the baddies...

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#590938 10/31/06 08:05 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Bubble Wrap Boy:
Have we actually seen Claire's dad do anything evil?
Well, kidnapping people might be considered a bit evil, as well as erasing people's memories.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's part of a government agency or something like that, rather than the real "villain", however.

#590939 10/31/06 09:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
MEL -- I knew it too! Something else else about the look in her eyes. And, she was the only one who knew about the secret apartment (Sylar's?).

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#590940 10/31/06 11:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I *loved* the focus on Nikki/Miss Mirror! Seeing her send DL flaying across the room with one hampered-by-a-briefcase swing hints to just how tough she might be-- hopefully tough enough to survive what DL did to her!

With this episode I feel like things really clicked for me.

Although, the younger Petrelli brother's hair is REALLY starting to annoy me. And yeah, I feel they should drop the "save the cheerleader, save the world" tagline before everyone starts making fun of it.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#590941 11/01/06 10:14 AM
Active
Active
Sorry, I can't get ENOUGH of Peter's hair, I think it makes him look HOT!!!!!!!!!

smile

#590942 11/01/06 04:07 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Cobie,

I also think that Peter's power is one of absorbtion (ala Rogue) than mimicry.

Bubble Wrap Boy,

I am also wondering if Dad isn't evil. I think the Sylar guy is the evil one (what with cutting open skulls and taking brains and all). Dad definitely seems to be working for an organization (whether the government or a corporation we don't know) and is not about doing something wrong (kidnapping) to achieve his goal.

Omni Craig,

Could Heroes be the Legion? Triplicate Girl powers, Phantom Girl powers, Dream Girl powers, Duplicate Boy powers, Saturn Girl powers. Which Legion power will we see next? Shadow Lass? Shrinking Violet? Matter-eater Lad?

Also I think that Nikki's and DL's son also has power. In the first episode, he is said to be real smart. Brainiac 5 powers? And if both mom and dad have powers, he has to have them too, right?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#590943 11/01/06 04:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The kid probably is an Anibrainiac. After all, it's been 5 episodes so far, yet he doesn't look any older. And you KNOW how fast kids grow at that age...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590944 11/01/06 07:20 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I think it's pretty clear that they're setting the kid up to have powers of some sort. Besides the "boy genius" comments, he also seems to know things he's not supposed to, such as his mom's video activities and when she was doing something more than video activities, as well as the fact that mom "has a secret too".

I'm wondering how Nikki's story will play out in connection to the other characters. Will Reverse-Nikki end up a villain, or will she gain control of her alter ego?

We need more super-powered chicks who are clearly heroic!

I like the power-absorption theory for Peter, but then why wasn't future Hiro affected?

#590945 11/01/06 07:30 PM
Active
Active
Maybe he absorbs them without depleting the other's power, so they can also co-exist. Didn't both he and his brother fly, and that would also explain how Future Hiro wasn't affected. And for all we know if Isaac had been high, he might have been able to paint right alongside him. (though you have to think if Peter was able to paint the future w/o any "meds", then it's gotta be just a matter of time before Issac figures out how to do it without going on a bender.)

How about Eden as a "shrinking Vioelt" clone? smile

#590946 11/02/06 03:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Bubble Wrap Boy:
Have we actually seen Claire's dad do anything evil?
While I also think the main "Big Bad" isn't Claire's dad, the recap at the beginning of the episodes refer to him as "the face of evil" or somesuch, so I think that settles it (unless it's a red herring, but I think it'd be unfair for the recap to lie).

#590947 11/02/06 11:35 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Eryk, I think the reason Peter didn't effect Future Hiro is that he has to be 'trying' to use the power to at least get it to work. When he used Nathan's power, he was attempting to fly, and when he used Isaac's, he was actually trying. So, despite actually not knowing what the power was in the beginning, he was still trying. He wasn't doing that w/Hiro, and thus didn't absorb it.

What will be interesting is when Future Hiro returns (and one of the show's writers said he probably would), if Peter can absorb it then and strand him in [his] past.

#590948 11/02/06 05:00 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I think it's pretty clear that they're setting the kid up to have powers of some sort. Besides the "boy genius" comments, he also seems to know things he's not supposed to, such as his mom's video activities and when she was doing something more than video activities, as well as the fact that mom "has a secret too".
Pure speculation on my part... I think Mikah can speak to machines, and maybe have a "Forge" type ability. I first thought about it when he was making a new logic board, and then again when he somehow knew about his mother's internet job. If this is correct, then they'll have somebody who can make some sense out of "Papa Suresh's" computer program.

#590949 11/03/06 01:14 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Comics Continuum has extensive descriptions up of all the November episodes. Looks like interesting stuff in store!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590950 11/07/06 01:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
So what you guys think of today's episode?

#590951 11/07/06 02:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
guys? did you all see the episode tonight?

especially another one gains a new power - namely Micah.

Hiro still shines. mostly were spotlighting on Peter, Mirror Mistresss, Claire, and Peter's brother.

#590952 11/07/06 02:37 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
guys? did you all see the episode tonight?

especially another one gains a new power - namely Micah.

Hiro still shines. mostly were spotlighting on Peter, Mirror Mistresss, Claire, and Peter's brother.
i don't think he gained it as much as we finally get to see him use his power, and he knew about Nikki's alter ego all the time it seemed.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#590953 11/07/06 03:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
People are just popping up with powers all over the place, it seems. It's confirmed that Micah has them, we find out his dad has them, and there's the radioactive man this ep (could he have something to do with the "nuke" in NYC?), I wonder how many more we'll see and at what point the public's really going to find out about it all.

The one thing that bothered me about this ep was the fact that whatsername didn't even have a picture of the painting Peter needs (what kind of gallery doesn't have pictures?). It's not like he needs the original.

#590954 11/07/06 04:02 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
So...did Nathan obtain the painting and lie to Peter about it? That was my take anyway.

Loved seeing more of Matt (Saturn Cop) this ep. Although it seems his story is progressing a little unrealistically fast seeing as how FBI chick took such a leap of faith in him (maybe her obsession with Sylar and quick acceptance of Matt are because she has some prior firsthand knowledge of the superpowered folks?), he is an engaging and sympathetic character. I actually hope he and his wife can get past this setback as his distance from her probably caused her to make the mistake with that jerk "friend" of his. Saw that twist coming as soon as that guy was introduced, though.

Is "Radiation Roy" the key to the nuking? My first impression is he's a red herring, but I could be wrong. It's certainly possible that the heroes (including Roy) get together IN NYC to fight some Big Bad (Sylar?), and he loses control as he himself posited in the hospital.

Micah...I smiled at his phone scene because his exact power was predicted in this thread. Wonder if he fully comprehends the degree of his mom's dark half since he gave her their location?

Nathan sure is a butthole, huh? He's either being set up as a villain or, at least, a foil to the more heroic characters.

I don't know if many of you still think Peter's Sylar somehow, but I sure find myself liking him, more and more. It would certainly make such a revelation more shocking, but I'm not seeing it right now. Though kind of a Dudley Doright in a way, the role really seems to fit ol' Pete.

Neat bit, I suppose, with our cheerleader heroine and her brother, but definitely the least interesting part of the ep. Mom sure is a flake though. Maybe she's had her memory altered by HRG's mysterious friend one too many times? laugh

The incident with the exploding car was pretty cool. Funny, though, how the writers love to tease us with these connections, only to have them go their separate ways! Meanies! laugh

#590955 11/07/06 10:28 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
Although it seems his story is progressing a little unrealistically fast seeing as how FBI chick took such a leap of faith in him

Nathan sure is a butthole, huh? He's either being set up as a villain or, at least, a foil to the more heroic characters.

Neat bit, I suppose, with our cheerleader heroine and her brother, but definitely the least interesting part of the ep. Mom sure is a flake though. Maybe she's had her memory altered by HRG's mysterious friend one too many times? laugh
Actually considering he saved her life, I could believe FBI chick seeing Matt as an ally. I'm much more bothered by how everyone and their mother now seems to have a super-power.

I actually am beginning to see Nathan as the resident jerk a la Sun Boy. He's a hero and all, but that don't mean we got to like him, lol.

And I'm beginning to think there's more behind cheerleader mom than meets the eye. I think she's the villain... there, I called it, you heard it here first. smile (oh and you just know Nathan's wife is either faking or at the very least, not long bound in that wheelchair... she's another one to keep your eye on!)

#590956 11/07/06 01:02 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Yeah, I hope that all of the remaining apparent non-powered characters stay that way. I'm pretty sure that Mohinder's spygirl and possibly Mohinder himself might be exceptions though. I think Mohinder will be fine, though, if he remains normal.

Interesting that Isaac wasn't shown after his cliffhanger with Spygirl last week. He'll be in the next ep though.

I'm liking Ali Larter's acting as Niki and Jessica. I've only seen her before in the Final Destination movies, butit seems she's come a long way. You can look at her and immediately see which one's in control. Maybe it's not really that hard to do, but I like it anyway.

And it's true that Matt saved FBI chicks life, but I thought she was giving him too much credit before that.

#590957 11/07/06 01:38 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mohinder will be the Niles Caulder of the Heroes smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
Page 7 of 34 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star