Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#590858 10/11/06 11:55 AM
Active
Active
Have we been told why all of a sudden all of their respective powers are kicking in? And why it's happening 5 weeks before all hell breaks loose? I keep going back to Boomer in Battlestar Galactica how she was a sleeper cylon and then her software kicked in and pulled her out of dormancy.

Are we to believe it's strictly coincidental?

#590859 10/11/06 01:12 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
Originally posted by kenaustin:
[b]I originally thought Peter was going to be the bad guy because of his jealous and angry feelings for being in his brothers shadow. When it seemed as if it was Nathan that could fly instead of him, I was almost sure...but now that they both can I think he's a good guy.
Yeah, when it turned out Nathan could fly, I thought Peter's ability was going to turn out to be something else and that he might actually be the Big Bad in some way. I'm still holding onto that theory for now though because:
1 - It would make his romance tragic and thus more dramatic.
2 - Did he really fly? Syler appears to be telekinetic and we never saw Peter fly, only levitate a little (and he was angry when he did it ...). Even Nathan's account wasn't that Peter really flew, just stopped himself from hitting as hard as he could have.
3 - the family mental illness. For all of Syler's evil deeds, there's a part of him that really regrets what he's done. There's some kind of split there.
4 - Peter's medical background and Syler's "surgeries". [/b]
I re-watched the first three episodes last night after having read your post. I slowed the tape down and kept looking at Sylar in episode 3. It could be Peter.

#590860 10/11/06 01:26 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Set:
So far, everything he's shown could be the result of telekinesis. (Stopping bullets, making someone put a gun to their head, 'force-leaping' up and away, pinning people to the ceiling with furniture, cryokinetically freezing someone solid, etc.)
I can see the reasoning for Sylar being a telekinetic with everything except for the freezing...how could he do that telekinetically?

But if Syler is eating brains and stealing powers, in theory, some day he would eat Hiro's brain, and get the power to time travel, at which point he could travel back to a time when his various prey 'supers' were all just learning the natures of their abilities, and ripe for the plucking by someone who knew from newspaper accounts and research exactly where and when to strike.

Peter's looking like a likely candidate, given how his 'flight' powers are, or, are not, working. He's grown up in his brother's shadow, is babbling about a 'destiny' and coming out of his shell, only to be hit with a very unfun discovery about his powers...
Another possible tic in the "It's Peter" column.

My initial guess was that DL was the telepathy-proof dude in the bar, but apparently not.

Poor DL. Believed to be guilty of killin' those nice men and stealing all that money, when it's pretty clear that someone else has been killin' folk and buying fancy cars and stuff...
If the dates are all the same, and Niki & Micah are in the 1st/2nd week of October, that car has been in her name for 4 months...since June 06 according to the registration.

Could that waifish little pixie hanging around Surresh be any more obviously a plant? Ugh. Nice of her to 'find' that hard-drive they couldn't translate, so that Surresh would figure out his dad's work for them. [/QB]
The look he gave her in Sylar's emptied out apartment seemed to me like he's coming around to that line of thinking.

#590861 10/11/06 01:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was assuming that Sylar is either the cheerleader's dad (who is more than a little creepy) or the black guy in the bar (who I am guessing is the mirror girl's missing husband/boyfriend.

Hmmm... I guess after 3 episodes I should start learning everyone's name, but to be honest I can only remember who plays them smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590862 10/11/06 01:43 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Bubble Wrap Boy:
Have we been told why all of a sudden all of their respective powers are kicking in? And why it's happening 5 weeks before all hell breaks loose? I keep going back to Boomer in Battlestar Galactica how she was a sleeper cylon and then her software kicked in and pulled her out of dormancy.

Are we to believe it's strictly coincidental?
No reason I have seen/heard other than "It's their time." But I don't believe it's a coincidence, either. It's happening to too many people at once, too many people know about it, and some group or organization was already expecting it.

#590863 10/11/06 01:48 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
My guess it would have something to do with Cab Kid's father looking for them. Maybe finding "Patient Zero" was the trigger to activate all the other powers or something.

#590864 10/11/06 02:14 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I was assuming that Sylar is either the cheerleader's dad (who is more than a little creepy) or the black guy in the bar (who I am guessing is the mirror girl's missing husband/boyfriend.

Hmmm... I guess after 3 episodes I should start learning everyone's name, but to be honest I can only remember who plays them smile
I'll admit it...I had the IMDB page up as I was posting. That was the only way I got most of the names, and the reason I knew the guy in the bar and D.L. were different people. wink

Things I got wrong...I read the 3 online comics at NBC.com...

Patient zero is Sylar, not Simone's father(unless he's Sylar...astral projection?).

The body Hiro found in Isaac's shop didn't really look like Isaac. The body looked bigger and it's goatee was fuller, more pronounced. The latter could be attributed to 5 weeks growth, but not the former.

Sylar definitely looked white, so barring shape-changing I don't think it could be D.L. or the bar guy.

As Drake stated, we haven't really seen Peter fly...just float.

Mohinder's father is dead. The comic showed him IDing the body.

Claire's autopsy...the coroner/M.E. could have pulled the branch out before the incision. It all depends on how long it took for her to "wake" up after it was removed. We see her eyes turn back from white and she awakens...that could've taken seconds to hours, we just don't know yet.

New Question
What's up with the DNA strand symbol? I've noticed it in a few places. All over the artist's shop(about 3-4 paintings), on Claire's Geometry(?) book, on Prof. Suresh's book, in the code on Mohinder's portable HD, in the pool at the family murder site, and on the necklace the guy at the bar was wearing. I think I may have seen it someplace else but I can't remember where right now.

#590865 10/11/06 02:27 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I've actually seen a spoiler re: Peter's powers, and wish I hadn't. It sounds like it's going to shape up to be an interesting mystery.

#590866 10/11/06 06:16 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I've actually seen a spoiler re: Peter's powers, and wish I hadn't. It sounds like it's going to shape up to be an interesting mystery.
Was it the one at the Pulse? I read that one a few minutes ago. Someone, I think over at CBR, had put forth that idea.

Drake, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">you were on the right track wondering if he really flew... He did, but that's not his power!</span></span> wink By the way, I hadn't noticed your post about the DNA strand earlier. I'm wondering about it, too.

#590867 10/11/06 08:53 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Omni Craig:

And does anybody else think the neighbor of the Professor is one of the baddies?
No, but I do think she's one of the hotties!

#590868 10/11/06 10:25 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yay! Thanks for mentioning the Peter spoiler on the Pulse. That's what I thought was going on!

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#590869 10/11/06 10:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Another great episode, though (much like with SUPREME POWER back in the day) I am ready for things-- and people-- to connect.

Captain Continuum and his sidekick are my runaway favorites, and I am still interested in what is going on with Miss Mirror.

Plus, I hope IndestructaBelle beats that wannabe-rapist guys ass to within a millimeter of his life!

Am a bit worried about Saturn Cop.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#590870 10/12/06 12:44 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
This Peter=Sylar theory is interesting but full of holes. Maybe you guys are thinking he's got another personality? I mean, we've clearly seen at the playground that he has no control over his powers. So either: 1) He's got another personality that's in control of his powers, or:

2) They're seriously playing with time in this series to give Peter's powers time to develop. You can certainly point to Hiro's adventure as possibly putting this on the table. I suppose all the stories could take place in other times (which would explain the supposed coincedence of them all discovering their powers pretty much simeultaneously), but that theory's pretty out there, and could be considered playing unfair with the audience. Certainly aspects of Isaac's story (the paintings, Peter crossing into his story, the train accident) point to everything being in the here and now (other than Hiro's travels in the first two eps).

Right now, I think it's safe to say that we need more clues before being sure of Sylar's identity. If it is Peter, we don't have enough of them yet.

Anyhow, doesn't it seem that Peter's powers might only work when Nathan's around, and possibly vice versa? I havent seen the spoiler about Peter's powers, but I'd been thinking either the above or that Peter may not have powers at all with Nathan making it seem that way through telekinesis (and therefore, Nathan could be Sylar? He certainly seems power-hungry!). But that's without benefit(?) of a spoiler!

And exactly why can't D.L. be the guy in the bar? Did I miss something? A casting announcement?

Loving this show, by the way!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590871 10/12/06 10:08 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Okay, I'm in. I watched the first couple of episodes just to say I tried it. But now, I'm hooked.

I couldn't care less about Indestructi Belle or her father. Another creepy know-it-all organization. Too CSM for me. She's adopted, but is her brother too?

Miss Mirror is downright creepy. I want to see her bad side sometime, chicks kickin ass are cool!

Cap Continuum and Kid Killjoy are fun and entertaining. Mind ya, even tho' Hiro has shown us some grim tidings, I still think he's the humour of the show.

The Fly Boys have potential. Pasdar is great at playing jerks. And it's obvious every mother in this show is loopy.

The Professor and his gal Friday are my favourites right now. I want to see them uncover the whole mystery.

And Saturn Cop. All I can say right now is that FBI gal has to go. She can't act and she bugs me.

Just spouting off.
#590872 10/12/06 10:27 AM
Active
Active
Hmmm... what if either Peter or his brother have a separated at birth twin? Claire was adopted so maybe the twin was shuttled off and has evolved into Sylar?

#590873 10/12/06 12:31 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Pasdar is great at playing jerks.
Heh. Profit was a fun show, ever-so-briefly.

And it's obvious every mother in this show is loopy.
True that. Although between coma-dude, suicide-dude, EVIL-dude, Mohinde Surresh and escaped-from-jail-dude (DL?), the dads aren't batting a thousand either.

And Saturn Cop. All I can say right now is that FBI gal has to go. She can't act and she bugs me.
That thought he got from her about nobody believing her or something suggests that maybe *she's* got something going on too...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#590874 10/12/06 12:52 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
...And exactly why can't D.L. be the guy in the bar? Did I miss something? A casting announcement?
To err on the side of caution...<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">At IMDB they are shown as two different actors and characters.</span></span>

#590875 10/13/06 09:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
ok two questions is Sylar tracking down and killing all the other folks with special abilites? and does he seem to have more than just telekinesis? and i was reading on wikipedia (i know it might not be reliable) but DL is supposed to have phasing powers ie.Kitty pryde. so if he did escape prison. he could've been the guy in the bar and peter might've caught a quick glimpse of his thoughts before he passed out from the alcohol.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#590876 10/16/06 10:12 PM
Applicant
Applicant
just watched heroes another good episode and just a idea maybe the one brother powers not flight but when he near others like him he copys there powers and its possible that they can track the others by the symbol ether birthmark or tatoo

#590877 10/17/06 12:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hiro continues to make me laugh.....cheating in Roulette! Ha! I wonder if they are being videotaped?

#590878 10/17/06 01:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, but he can't take a punch. donk! LoL. With friends like that....

#590879 10/17/06 01:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The cliffhanger was interesting, though...

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590880 10/17/06 03:00 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Niki (aka Miss Mirror) seems to be modeled after Rose & the Thorn.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#590881 10/17/06 03:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
They're cousins... identical cousins... oops, wrong show wink

#590882 10/17/06 05:11 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I totally dug future-Hiro's costume! That was so cool!

So if he can travel back in time, maybe there's hope for Saturn Cop?

Miss Mirror continues to be most perplexing and interesting to me.

Loved IdestructaBelle's revenge on Kid Rapist!

This show continues to get better & better. Can't wait for these guys to form a team!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Page 4 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
King of Snake
King of Snake
Greetings from the Underworld ...
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star