Roll Call
0 members (), 6 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34
Re: Heroes-- New Season (Spoilers Inside)
#590833 09/29/06 02:30 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Well, yeah, I'm impressed by the teleportation, but not the time stuff.

#590834 09/29/06 04:11 PM
Leader
Leader
It was pretty fun. Big cast. Hiro rocks! And Alias/Felicity/Lost pilot Greg Grunberg is coming which is cool too.

#590835 09/29/06 10:08 PM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

I found the depiction of Hiro's "time bending" powers rather odd. All he seems to have done thus far is speed up/slows down clocks. Maybe if he speeds up/slows down other things, I'll be impressed.
The way I interpreted it, the time bending was a byproduct of his teleportation. When he moves through space, in affects time, at least in his immediate vicinity. So, when he made a clock go back 1 second, he only teleported back in his seat, when he made the clock on the train go ka-blooey, he sent himself halfway across the planet.

#590836 10/01/06 02:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Regarding the "coincidences", next week's teaser seems to indicate that there might be an unseen hand guiding them all, so I'll wait to see what that's about.

I was also surprised that the brother was the one who could fly. From the ads you knew he had powers of some sort, but I still didn't see that coming. Of course it means that the little brother might have a different power altogether and he merely misinterpreted his dream.

One thing that's going through my mind is the theory proposed in "Unbreakable" - that there's a yin to the yang and that a villain (or villains) will also emerge along with the heroes. It wouldn't surprise me if one of the ones we've already met turns out to be responsible for the explosion prophesied in that painting.

From the Kitty Pryde reference (and the nature of the story itself) looks like we've got another fanboy writing a for a high-profile tv show. How long before DC or Marvel scoops him up for something?

#590837 10/01/06 02:52 PM
Active
Active
I liked it, I just watched it on tape this morning. There is also a weekly web comic with art by michael turner. the first one shows a little about indian guy's backstory and why he drives a cab. It's on nbc.com/Heroes
you can also read Hiro's blog.

#590838 10/02/06 10:57 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
The way I interpreted it, the time bending was a byproduct of his teleportation. When he moves through space, in affects time, at least in his immediate vicinity. So, when he made a clock go back 1 second, he only teleported back in his seat, when he made the clock on the train go ka-blooey, he sent himself halfway across the planet.
Yeah, that sure came in to play tonight as we learned more about the cause/effect in Hiro's powers! That was a wicked twist ending!

Loving this show! No second episode letdown at all!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590839 10/03/06 03:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For me the second ep was better than the first.

So Captain Continuum has to go back and save everyone, eh? WAY cool!

I'm worried about Indestructa-Belle! Evil dads SUCK!

But I have to admit to being most intrigued by Miss Mirror's storyline. What the HELL is going on there?

(yeah, I know the hero names I chose for them are lame, I'm a Legion fan. Oh, by the way, I'm calling the brothers with the flight powers "The Wright Brothers". Get it, get it? I crack me up!)

Hey, do ya think when the team is finally brought together, they will call themselves (or be named by the press) THE 9TH WONDERS, per Heroin-Oracle's comic?

If it's any sign, my bf, who could care less about comics, LOVES this show.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#590840 10/03/06 08:09 AM
Active
Active
I wonder if season 1 will be variation of the whole "24" premise but instead of it occuring during the course of a day, it takes place over 5 weeks, which is when Hiro's vision kicks in if they don't get their act together!

#590841 10/03/06 09:21 AM
Leader
Leader
I liked the second episode a bit better, too. It didn't feel quite as contrived. Of course, because there was no longer so much to set up, they didn't need to manuever so much, but the story felt more organic and less manipulated. My only nit: How did Evil Dad get the tape? He was out of town and shouldn't have any way of knowing it was even made. Maybe he has powers or spies watching his daughter.

I went and looked up the online comic. In the show they say Mohinder's dad was shot by a fare. But the comic shows it as a horrible traffic accident. (I've been to New York. I never saw anyone able to drive fast enough to cause that kind of wreck. smile ) Oopsie! I like this week's better. <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">But when he ripped up his Action 1, I gasped. Then, when he visited his grandfather, I thought, "That wasn't the lesson. He gave it to you so you could sell it for a fortune on eBay!" smile </span></span>

#590842 10/03/06 10:25 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by MLLASH:
For me the second ep was better than the first.

So Captain Continuum has to go back and save everyone, eh? WAY cool!

I'm worried about Indestructa-Belle! Evil dads SUCK!

But I have to admit to being most intrigued by Miss Mirror's storyline. What the HELL is going on there?

(yeah, I know the hero names I chose for them are lame, I'm a Legion fan. Oh, by the way, I'm calling the brothers with the flight powers "The Wright Brothers". Get it, get it? I crack me up!)

Hey, do ya think when the team is finally brought together, they will call themselves (or be named by the press) THE 9TH WONDERS, per Heroin-Oracle's comic?

If it's any sign, my bf, who could care less about comics, LOVES this show.
But as I was reading your post I knew exactly who you were talking about. Not so lame then Lasher. More like pure genius.

#590843 10/03/06 01:40 PM
Active
Active
interview with GREG GRUNBERG CBR News

interview with creator Tim Kring who says he never read comic books. CBR News

#590844 10/05/06 06:06 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
I am truly loving this. And both episodes' endings threw me for a loop. I'll give any show a chance if I can't predict the ending. Hiro is by far my fav, and I hope he can keep Paint Tripper from losing his hat.

ColorKid

#590845 10/09/06 11:20 PM
Active
Active
Check out that last image of SuperCheerleader. Holy Sh*@!# is right.

Syler the serial killer is shaping up to be one scary villain.

Why couldn't Mind Reader Man read that black guy in the bar? Was he Syler and he has a power nullifying ability too?

Why would Syler be after that little girl? Does she have a power?

Tune in again. Same Heroes Channel. Same Heroes Time.

#590846 10/10/06 01:15 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
And what is Syler doing with those brains??

This is shaping up to be a great show. One quibble is that with the cheerleader girl, why is it that since she can regenerate, she just happens to end up getting severly injured all the time? Not the self-induced ones, but the football guy accidentally breaking her neck and then falling on the branch. I thought the same thing when they started overdoing it with Wolverine.

They're building up the story really well so far. It kinda reminds me of how "Supreme Power" started out -- and the effect is similar; I really want these guys to start meeting and bonding over their shared weirdness that has so far, made them outcasts in one way or another.

And I love that Hiro has a non-powered sidekick!

#590847 10/10/06 01:24 AM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by Owl Lad:
Check out that last image of SuperCheerleader. Holy Sh*@!# is right.

Why would Syler be after that little girl? Does she have a power?

I got the feeling that the little girl does have a power and Syler controlled her (Like he did trying to force the detective into shooting herself) and she killed her parents. This would be another incident where two heroes (girl and cop)were in the same place at the same time, thus building toward the team that must form within five weeks to stop the disaster in NYC. Of course, this is pure speculation.

hammer

#590848 10/10/06 03:56 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
Is the SuperCheerleader the same girl who was the son of the white coach in Remember the Titans?

Yes, she is indeed. Her name is Hayden Panettiere smile

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#590849 10/10/06 04:08 AM
Deputy
Deputy
And according to Comics Continuum: Heroes picked up for full season

Good news! My wife doesn't read comics, but she's been enjoying this series as much as I have.

Hiro is still my favorite, but what will he do now that he's gotten to the back page of the comic book he's been using for reference?

I also like the telepathic cop, Matt.

Still not sure what's going on with Evil Mirror Girl, and I'm tired of the kid playing her son already...

And does anybody else think the neighbor of the Professor is one of the baddies?

The "Wright brothers", LASH???!! Too funny! lol Although the older brother's a jerkwad (what do we expect, he's an aspiring politician).

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#590850 10/10/06 10:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
And does anybody else think the neighbor of the Professor is one of the baddies?
If she is, then I don't wanna be good!! Nora Zehetner's a real cutie - I was into her when she was on "Everwood" and I'm glad to see her again.

From Syler's map we see that there are a bunch of "evolutionaries" (what are we supposed to call mutants/paranormals in this series?) around the world. It makes me wonder then who are "the 10?" I thought it was that there were only 10 people with powers, but maybe it refers to the ones who will ban together to save the world?

And is there a "real" reason for the re-occurance for that dna strand symbol or is it just a stylistic thing? Was it a coincidence it was arranged in the swimming pool or did Syler do that? And did cheerleader girl just think it up or did she see it amongst her dad's things? Or had she read the professor's book too? I know it occurs in other places, I can't think of at the moment...

#590851 10/10/06 10:07 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
And according to Comics Continuum: [URL=http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0610/07/index.htm]

Hiro is still my favorite, but what will he do now that he's gotten to the back page of the comic book he's been using for reference?

Actually I was under the impression that the comic book was generating new pages as he went along, otherwise why wouldn't he have read to the end.

#590852 10/10/06 10:12 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Bubble Wrap Boy:
Actually I was under the impression that the comic book was generating new pages as he went along, otherwise why wouldn't he have read to the end.
I think it was just the way Hiro explained things to his friend as they went along. It's a bit of contrived storytelling that his friend never asked to look through the whole book to see what was coming up, but I don't imagine the book was actually writing itself -- that doesn't seem to be how the guy's powers work (and I imagine something as weird as that would have been shown more explicitly).

#590853 10/10/06 11:34 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
but I don't imagine the book was actually writing itself -- that doesn't seem to be how the guy's powers work (and I imagine something as weird as that would have been shown more explicitly).
Yeah I imagine you're right, though in my improbable theory, I didn't see this as an extension of Hiro's power but as a possible extension of the cartoonist's

#590854 10/10/06 11:47 AM
Active
Active
anybody notice that tim sale does all the artwork (comic book. paintings)?

#590855 10/10/06 12:41 PM
Active
Active
Put me on the list of people really liking this show. Guesses and suspicions so far...

Mohinder's father isn't dead. No basis for this, just a feeling. I might have missed it if they showed the body or a funeral. The neighbor girl, if not bad, is at least a watcher for somebody. The father's notes said he had found his patient zero...I'm guessing it's Simone's father, the coma guy(how did he get into the coma?) and he knows something. Why else get Richard Roundtree to play him if all he was going to do was lay there? This might also suggest that Simone has powers, too.

I had guessed that Claire Bennet, the cheerleader, wouldn't heal if something was obstructing the healing process. Her ribs did it in the first episode, and I assume the branch in the third. Although the whole autopsy scene is probably a dream (why would the coroner cut her open without removing the branch first) and the worried looking girl that followed her pulled it out. My wife believes she may have went through the same date rape thing with the QB before. Her father...bad guy(Syler?), her mother...nutty as a fruitcake, her brother...adopted also?, her real brother, with powers?, or their son? If he is her real brother, maybe instead of his body healing itself, he can heal others...get him up to NY to help Simones father out of the coma!

Niki, Micah, & D.L. - Niki (or at least her alter-ego)is bad, bad, bad. The murders attributed to D.L. are hers. She new exactly where the bodies where buried and had no problem piling on more. Her alter ego has been setting things up for a while, hence the car in her name. Micah has powers for sure, I just can't see it any other way. Where is D.L.(Syler?)?

The Petrelli Brothers - Nathan will be the arch-enemy. He's so self-centered and unscrupulous that to me it seems obvious...which means I'm probably wrong! smile I originally thought Peter was going to be the bad guy because of his jealous and angry feelings for being in his brothers shadow. When it seemed as if it was Nathan that could fly instead of him, I was almost sure...but now that they both can I think he's a good guy. We also know that Nathan and Niki hook up at least once from the previews of coming shows. Two wrongs don't make a right, they make a brotherhood.

Hiro - My favorite character so far. No guesses as to him. Pretty much what you see is what you get. I need to go back and look at the body he found in Isaac's shop...was it Isaac?

The mind-reading cop - doesn't look good for him. The black guy(unreadable? Syler?) in the bar works with Claire's father(from the previews) so he's as good as gotten. I hope this isn't another "Lost" role for Grunberg.

Syler - I'm guessing he's Claire's father, although it could also be D.L. or the black guy in the bar. My guess is that he's killing other "evolutionnaires" and eating their brains, thereby gaining their powers. He seemed to show more than one power in his attempt to get the little girl...mind control, telekinesis, speed, flight, invulnerability/regeneration. If the girls father had powers, she might also.

Wow, that was far longer than I expected.

#590856 10/11/06 12:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by kenaustin:
I originally thought Peter was going to be the bad guy because of his jealous and angry feelings for being in his brothers shadow. When it seemed as if it was Nathan that could fly instead of him, I was almost sure...but now that they both can I think he's a good guy.
Yeah, when it turned out Nathan could fly, I thought Peter's ability was going to turn out to be something else and that he might actually be the Big Bad in some way. I'm still holding onto that theory for now though because:
1 - It would make his romance tragic and thus more dramatic.
2 - Did he really fly? Syler appears to be telekinetic and we never saw Peter fly, only levitate a little (and he was angry when he did it ...). Even Nathan's account wasn't that Peter really flew, just stopped himself from hitting as hard as he could have.
3 - the family mental illness. For all of Syler's evil deeds, there's a part of him that really regrets what he's done. There's some kind of split there.
4 - Peter's medical background and Syler's "surgeries".

#590857 10/11/06 12:53 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Syler - I'm guessing he's Claire's father, although it could also be D.L. or the black guy in the bar. My guess is that he's killing other "evolutionnaires" and eating their brains, thereby gaining their powers. He seemed to show more than one power in his attempt to get the little girl...mind control, telekinesis, speed, flight, invulnerability/regeneration. If the girls father had powers, she might also.
So far, everything he's shown could be the result of telekinesis. (Stopping bullets, making someone put a gun to their head, 'force-leaping' up and away, pinning people to the ceiling with furniture, cryokinetically freezing someone solid, etc.)

But if Syler is eating brains and stealing powers, in theory, some day he would eat Hiro's brain, and get the power to time travel, at which point he could travel back to a time when his various prey 'supers' were all just learning the natures of their abilities, and ripe for the plucking by someone who knew from newspaper accounts and research exactly where and when to strike.

Peter's looking like a likely candidate, given how his 'flight' powers are, or, are not, working. He's grown up in his brother's shadow, is babbling about a 'destiny' and coming out of his shell, only to be hit with a very unfun discovery about his powers...

My initial guess was that DL was the telepathy-proof dude in the bar, but apparently not.

Poor DL. Believed to be guilty of killin' those nice men and stealing all that money, when it's pretty clear that someone else has been killin' folk and buying fancy cars and stuff...

Could that waifish little pixie hanging around Surresh be any more obviously a plant? Ugh. Nice of her to 'find' that hard-drive they couldn't translate, so that Surresh would figure out his dad's work for them.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,845
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
rtvu2
rtvu2
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star