Roll Call
0 members (), 24 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/25/24 05:38 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/25/24 04:30 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Gaseous Lad - 06/25/24 03:00 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 06/25/24 02:00 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/25/24 01:13 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 07:48 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 03:19 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/25/24 03:18 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: Doctor Who: Series 1
#576542 06/06/05 06:13 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I've also had it pointed out to me that the numbers 23-6-801 keep recurring as well. Connection: Likely

And remember, Jack recognised the you-know-what spaceships, and the fact that they were destroyed...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#576543 06/11/05 12:00 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
OK, so not wanting to give spoilers or anything but I have just finished watching the penultimate episode and I have a few comments.

First, would someone please tell the BBC or production company or whoever to TURN THE BLOODY MUSIC DOWN. It's been bad in a few other episodes but tonight there were whole sections where I couldn't understand a single bloody word because of the music being so sodding loud.

But then there are the good points.

Guest stars! As robots! Davina Macoll, Anne Robinson and Trinny and Susannah! He he he.

But best of all, absolute best of all, was Captain Jack being naked. Repeatedly. Yay! Now that's what I want from Saturday night TV. Naked bisexual man-tarts flirting with all and sundry and then wearing leather pants after he's finished being naked. Jolly good. Oh, and the bit with his weapon? Heh heh heh. Obviously Captain Jack has talents not made for that time of the evening. wink

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#576544 06/11/05 12:51 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I did love Jack's... em... confidence. "Am I naked in front of millions of viewers? Ladies, your viewing figures just went up!"

The Reality TV stuff worked a LOT better than I expected in general actually. Mostly because they went all-out take-the-hell out of it.

And of course, the speech at the end. It worked. Although the... umm... little Bad Wolves (the Big Bad Wolf to be seen next week) should probably just have killed her there and then.

Still, 9 out of 10. Fantastic ep.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#576545 06/11/05 04:16 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'd tend to agree with Reboot.

I'd tend not to agree with Bevis's desire for naked Captain Jack every week, but I think he could be a great character. I love the fact that he'll flirt with anyone. Tart indeed.

All round great fun.

I think the Little Bad Wolves (as Reboot put it) would have been a much better surprise if they hadn't shown them in the "in next weeks episode" at the end of last week.

Hic!
#576546 06/12/05 03:32 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Yeah, quite. Once again the Beeb manage to completely spoil the surprise by showing it in the trailer the week before. Nice. I hope the trailer for next week's show didn't give away anything major.

Oh, and I'm still inclined to think that the Bad Wolf *isn't* the obvious one. I think someone new is manipulating the little wolves. Course, saying that now I'm probably completely wrong. wink

#576547 06/12/05 07:34 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Did you see the clip on the lottery show afterwards that continued the end of the trailer with "I AM THE GOD OF ALL", umm... wolves (wish I'd never started this now smile ) and the others going "Worship him!"?

It's probably just a really big version of the wolves. I don't think it's... ummm... the wolf-breeder (REALLY wish I'd never started this now smile )

#576548 06/12/05 01:12 PM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I hope it isn't the wolf breeder because that's just too bloody obvious to my mind. Of course I could just be being tricksy in thinking that it should be something or someone else, but it didn't *sound* like the wolf breeder in the trailer straight after the episode (I didn't see the later one but Chris did and said something about how the wolves were saying that the Big Bad Wolf was their *new* lord or god or something. Like I say I didn't see that so I'm not sure how accurate that is).

I'm still inclined to think maybe the TARDIS has something to do with it still. Chris likes that theory just because the inside of the TARDIS looks kind of like a ..... wolf...

#576549 06/12/05 02:39 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Actually, there's apparently a wolf emperor from the 60s (as opposed to the wolf breeder's 80s model) that Russell T Davies apparently likes. Google for the look of it (if you still have a clue what I'm on about, that is smile )

#576550 06/12/05 11:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I reckon it could be the wolf master .......

That's maybe not subtle enough .....

Hic!
#576551 06/13/05 02:55 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well, Davies has said in interview that Bad Wolf WASN'T

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

The Master, but that it was an old Doctor Who enemy. He also said it wasn't the obvious "wolf", Fenris.

However, if the "Tardis theory" given earlier on this thread is valid (and I do like it) it could be the Master, since he was sucked into the Eye of Rassilon in the Tardis in the Doctor Who movie with Paul McGann.

Candidates?

Davros (but does he have that power)
Rani
Omega

At least those are the obvious choices.

Also, Captain Jack is way too smug and knows too much to be who he prentends to be in my opinion.

One other thing guys... Be careful next week. There's a 1 hour long Making of of the whole series just before the last episode, and the usual Doctor WHo confidential after the episode on BBC3

And of course, the series should end with...

BIG

MEGA

B

I

G

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

You've been warned...

The Doctor's regeneration...

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#576552 06/13/05 03:49 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
The Master is one of the obvious candidates, which is why I think it's not him (but that could just be me being obtuse). In the same way Davros just seems too obvious, especially if Chris was right about the bit with the wolves talking about their new master. Thinking about the way the series has run so far I'm expecting it to be someone who hasn't been associated with the Daleks before making their team up all the more impressive. By the same reasoning though I don't think it's going to be anyone too obscure otherwise there are going to be a hell of a lot of people sat there next week going 'huh?'. But if Davis was telling the truth and it's an old Who villain, then that implies that it's not any of the new characters from this series (Adam, Captain Jack, Rose's mother, annoying Mickey).

I have to say I'd forgotten about the Master actually having been sucked into the TARDIS in the crappy movie, but that could be a nice thing to play on (even if it does remind us there was the crappy movie in the first place).

Oh, and as for the Doctor at the end... apparently when they filmed the last episode they filmed it in such a way that he didn't regenerate (because it was before Eccleston announced his departure) so that most of the cast and crew didn't know it was going to hapen. Then they filmed the alternative ending so that it could be a big secret. The intention was that Eccleston would only annouce his departure after they screened the last episode (because he only ever signed on for one series and never intended to stay longer). Only then Eccleston himself mentioned in an interview right at the start of the series that he wasn't going to be in another series and managed to spoil the whole surprise element. I find that a little annoying, and a bit disingenuous of Eccleston if true, but I think the big thing about the final episode is not that he does regenrate but how and why.

Oh, and I'm still thinking that Captain Jack's missing two years is relevant, otherwise why bother mentioning it in the first place since it didn't play any part in the other episodes he's been in.

#576553 06/13/05 04:18 AM
Deputy
Deputy
The BBC apologised unreservedly to Ecclestone for letting slip in a press interview. I believe that he was bloody angry aboout it, as it had been agreed that nothing would be said, and he didn't want to look like a prick.

It struck me as being too much of a coincidence that they were showing Casanova on BBC1 the next day. Call me cynical ......

After being away from the screens for far too long, apart from avid fans, your general public aren't going to remember too many baddies that could have command over the daleks.

Also, if my hypothesis is correct then it would give them a way of escaping the Time Wars ......

Hidden in a broom cupboard of the TARDIS.

Hic!
#576554 06/14/05 02:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Awww the paul McGann movie wasn't THAT bad... I can think of at least a complete season of Colin Baker that was worse LOL

I think the problem with that TV movie is that (no offence meant guys but...) it was too American. In trying to reach the general US audience, they lost a fair bit of what Doctor WHo was all about.

Still there are some very good things in there. The regeneration scene was fab and so was the inside of the Tardis...

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#576555 06/15/05 12:45 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Yeah, I know what you mean pariscub. If it hadn't been about Doctor Who then it might not have been so bad, but it was so far removed from what Doctor Who had been before that it just fell flat on it's face.

Oh, and have you seen the trailer that they're running on the Beeb this week. Only a short one but it has the wolves (sorry, can we say daleks now? wink ) saying something along the lines of 'bow before our new god' (begging the question how daleks can possibly bow) and the Doctor looking *up* and the Big Bad Wolf saying something I forget in a very Davros/daleky voice. The implication being that even if it isn't Davros then it's someone at least slightly dalekified. The fact that they're talking about their *new* god would imply it's not Davros since, you know, not new. The fact that Doctor is looking up could either mean that it's someone very big or that it's just someone standing somewhere higher than the Doctor is. Only four days to go now though. I just hope the pay off is worth all the speculation.

#576556 06/15/05 02:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Pariscub:
I think the problem with that TV movie is that (no offence meant guys but...) it was too American. In trying to reach the general US audience, they lost a fair bit of what Doctor WHo was all about.
I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. (No offense taken on the American thing either) I didn't like the idea that the Doctor was half-human much. Didn't add anything to the character.

As for the villain, I don't think anybody's mentioned The Monk, The War Chief, or that guy who worked with the Cybermen yet. Could be a reworking of one of those.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#576557 06/15/05 04:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i really enjoyed last weeks episode !! the initial description of it had given me reservations !!

what with the reality tv premise and the featured presenters being very BRITISH, but i guess most countries have "The Weakest Link" and the US have been showing "What not to wear" the only "stranger" would be Davina McCall !!

the ending was cool, and i liked the BAD WOLF theme that had run through the whole season, it was great to see the flashbacks !!

loking forward to next week with all those DALEKS !!

so will we see Chris regenerate !!?? or will that be in the Christmas special ??

Matthew.

#576558 06/15/05 05:35 PM
Reservist
Reservist
It's next week and you WILL NOT believe who is going to be playing a returning character in the LAST episode!!!!!

Hint:"We are talking jape of the decade! We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool!"

The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!
#576559 06/15/05 10:51 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Doctor WHo has been confirmed for a THIRD series!!!!!!

That and two Xmas specials... and apparently Billie Piper is staying on for Season 2 (information from the BAFTA screening of the last episode.)

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#576560 06/16/05 12:27 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
Matt, Eccleston does indeed regenrate in the last episode (well, according to all the stuff released so far but the Bebb could be playing double bluff) but the Christmas special has him as the Doctor in it. There have been a couple of mentions of adventures we've not seen during this series though so it's easy enough to just say that it's from somewhere in the middle of the series. Unless of course it's some kind of trick again...

Oooh, I really should stop trying to second guess this prgramme since it doesn't seem to work very well.

#576561 06/16/05 06:52 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Where did you hear Eccleston was in the Xmas special? In the last Davies interview I read last week, he confirmed that Tennant would be in the Xmas special and that Eccleston wouldn't be. Has there been changes since then?

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#576562 06/16/05 07:26 AM
Bevis Offline OP
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
oooh, that's news to me. Eccleston said in some interview that they'd already filmed the Christmas one before he finished the first series. Unless of course it's a classic Doctor meets Doctor story...

#576563 06/16/05 10:01 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by numberonelegionfan:
It's next week and you WILL NOT believe who is going to be playing a returning character in the LAST episode!!!!!

Hint:"We are talking jape of the decade! We are talking April, May, June, July and August fool!"
And you ARE the April, May, June, July and August fool if you believed it smile http://observationdome.ofla.info/archives/2005/june/06-2148.html

Oh, and since we're saying "Dalek" now, here's what I was suggesting the "GOD OF ALL DALEKS" (and it's "WOR-SHIP HIM", not bow smile ) is:

[img]http://tinypic.com/5zjnrl[/img]

#576564 06/17/05 03:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Bevis:
oooh, that's news to me. Eccleston said in some interview that they'd already filmed the Christmas one before he finished the first series. Unless of course it's a classic Doctor meets Doctor story...
Hmm... that's odd. I've always thought the Xmas story was Okayed AFTER Eccleston had finished filming the show. I'm not even sure they started fiming yet... Ahh well, we'll soon know more about that!

Maybe they'll use some Eccleston footage that they had filmed "just in case"...

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#576565 06/17/05 08:03 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Hi Reboot,

I got this info from the tvtome.com website...in the credits listed for Parting of the Ways it lists Norman wasshisname who played Holly in Season 1, 2, 8 of Red Dwarf as playing Davros.

So if the site was wrong, I apologize for getting too excited when no one has seen the episode yet.

The best way to find out where you're from is to find out where you're going and then work backwards.
Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!
#576566 06/17/05 08:07 AM
Reservist
Reservist
additional...
the tvtome.com site has been totally changed and the info that WAS there for guest cast credits hasn't been entered yet so yeah, it looks like I'm the April, May, June, July and August fool...for now

<ducks>

Where are you going?
I don't know!

Spooooooon!!!
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,426
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Vee
Vee
Paragon City on patrol
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star