Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 9 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by thoth lad - 06/26/24 01:47 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:56 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:55 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/26/24 12:55 PM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 26 June 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 03:19 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/26/24 02:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Official Transformers Movie Thread ... Spoilers
#571635 07/05/07 09:44 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
EDE, I agree with you on that.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#571636 07/05/07 10:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Stealth:
Shia La Beouf is, like many movie stars these days, uncharismatic and sexless.
Agree 100% and he's about to ruin what is probably Harrison Ford's last appearance as Indiana Jones.

#571637 07/05/07 10:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
its a bay movie. You have to have the love story-Shia and Smantha, the dickead character-Turtoro, and somehow get the military involved.

I agree with EDE and Stealth in their thoughts. The Decepticons don't show until the end and its pretty lame. The exchange between Megs and Starscream -the only time he speaks - is more funny because how bad it is. The Autobots don't really appear until the middle. It has too many human characters that sorta got lost. The military team and the geek squad could all have been jettisoned. Focus on fewer characters and the movie would have been ten times better.

And why did the Autobots all look nice, shinny and new as cars but when they transformed where all dented, scratched and nicked?

#571638 07/05/07 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Stealth:
Shia La Beouf is, like many movie stars these days, uncharismatic and sexless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 100% and he's about to ruin what is probably Harrison Ford's last appearance as Indiana Jones.
How typically Hollywood. shake sigh

I almost forgot to mention that Jon Voight, who appears in this movie, has had so much plastic surgery done on his face that he doesn't even look human anymore. laugh

And his accent comes and goes.

Bad enough he gave the world that evil monstress named Angelina Jolie, he had to add insult to injury by turning into a bad ham actor who takes any role in anything. :rolleyes:

#571639 07/05/07 10:50 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The more I think about this movie, the more things that annoy me about it.

One such thing is that, at least as I recall their motivations, the cartoon Decepticons were primarily out to steal Earth's resources, and really could care less about humanity. The movie Decepticons are apparentally all about turning all our machines against us and wiping us out (or, at least, that's what I got out of the plot). It just seems much more interesting in the original version.

#571640 07/08/07 09:22 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Well i went to see it last night and i didn't walk into it expecting to see the much of the 80's tv show continuity, so i wasn't that dissapointed by the story. the action scenes were over the top, (loved the scene where Ironhide was dodging the missiles.)would've loved to have seen more of the Auotbots and the Decepticons interacting with each other. but all in all i liked it.

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#571641 07/09/07 08:53 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I saw this over the weekend...

The movie was short on plot, long on pretty, and very demanding of attention. If I had to compare it to a woman... this movie was Jenny McCarthy. I wouldn't have been able to take my eyes off of her... until she said something.

Probably Bay's best film so far though; which is not saying much.

Something Filthy!
#571642 07/09/07 08:11 PM
Blasphemer! Jenny McCarthy is a godess, and I'm her high priestess!

wink

Lightning Lad #907370 09/02/16 09:45 AM
bump

Myself and Kappa were just making jokes in Spaceopoly about how bad this movie was, so I thought I'd bump this thread. Enjoy.

Re-reading my own posts, I found that I really overpraised Megan Fox at the time! Good grief! eek

lol

Lightning Lad #907381 09/02/16 09:56 AM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep

Megan Fox, on the other hand, IS charismatic and sexy, as well as the only one other than Cullen who "gets" the right way to perform in this kind of thing.

That's quite the overstatement in hindsight. wink laugh

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Lightning Lad #907385 09/02/16 10:01 AM
Yeah, well, Kappa, beggars can't be choosers! wink lol

DrakeB3004 #907410 09/02/16 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by DrakeB3004
Have you seen "Clerks II"? One of the characters is a huge Transformers fan. There're some cute jokes in it (and yes, the Gobots are referred to as the "K-Mart" of Transformers).

Oh, Gods. Now that the entire Gobots cartoon series is on DVD*, I can no longer abide blind, uninformed Gobot-hate! I generally like Kevin Smith, but I think some of his opinions are either loony (don't get me started on his literal worship of Alanis Morrisette) or ignorant (the Gobots put-down quoted above.) I never took sides in the Transformers vs Gobots fan-feuds back in the day, because the TV station that gave both shows would show them back to back every weekday afternoon, and I loved them both almost equally! Yes, Transformers did have better voice acting, dialogue, animation, designs, and publicity, but Gobots had more than one token female robot, and all of the female Gobots ran rings around Arcee! To name the two most obvious examples, Crasher is one of the best female villains in 20th Century pop culture, and Small Foot and Path Finder were total badasses! And having Crasher appear in more episode than most of the male Gobots on either side of the war was way, WAY ahead of its time!

Moreover, for all of Transformers advantages, it was Gobots that more often than not had actual plots that were reasonably well-thought-out, and Gobots didn't rely on great character bits and/or good animation to carry far too many story-deficient episodes.

Gobots is the Battlestar Galactica of animated kids adventure shows. The old series was better than most people remember, and the potential has always been there for a great re-imagining. Unfortunately, we're never going to see that dream become a reality, due to a legal fustercluck of toybiz and showbiz politics that makes the legal fustercluck that delayed the DVD release of the 60s live-action Batman show look uncomplicated by comparison! A real pity, in my humble opinion.

But, hey, at least they were finally able to get the Gobots series on DVD. Count your blessings, et cetera...

*Available from either Warner Archives or Amazon, and, no, they didn't pay me to make this post. PovertyLad wink

Lightning Lad #907563 09/03/16 07:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ha ... I humbly stand corrected in my ignorance of Gobot goodness! I had no idea it had any redeeming values. I just couldn't get past the super simple transformation design* or the comparatively bad animation. Now I want to see a "Transformer/Gobots" crossover!

*I had a bunch of designs in my old notebook when I was a kid of Transformers that I would make up - it was like trying to figure out a 3D jigsaw puzzle to figure out how something could turn into a robot. wink

Lightning Lad #907566 09/03/16 07:38 AM
Fair enough, Drake. And just to be clear, I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was accusing Kevin Smith.

The Transformers/Gobots crossover might come from my own computer. But first, there's something related coming soon to Ao3. Keep watching the Non-Legion/Non-DCU thread in Bits.

And, Drake, here's a thread I think you might enjoy:

http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=832858#Post832858

Lightning Lad #907605 09/03/16 05:51 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Fick--You've got the TOUCH! lol

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Lightning Lad #907610 09/03/16 08:10 PM
Humanoid from the Deep
Humanoid from the Deep
But does she have the power? hmmm

Keep up with what I've been watching lately!

"Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? Our nation turns its lonely eyes to you."
Lightning Lad #907615 09/03/16 11:43 PM
Lardy, Kappa, DOUBLE LOL lol lol

Funny thing about Stan Bush's song "The Touch" -- since I didn't see the animated movie (which was never released in theatres nor on home video in South America, at least not during the 80s) until after I moved to the States in 1990 and was able to rent it on VHS, the first time I heard "The Touch" was at the climax and the closing scene of the last Transformers Season 3 episode, "The Return of Optimus Prime Part 2," and when I heard it playing over the scenes of the resurrected Optimus...uh...emptying the Matrix of its vast wisdom to cure the...um...Hate Spore Plague which had infected all the galaxy's humans and aliens and robots*, I was all like, "Catchy tune, but what in the name of Alpha Trion is it doing there??" confused lol

*I know, it's utterly lame and even I can't bring myself to try to defend it. To put in a nutshell what I previously said in the thread where I reviewed all of the Transformers post-movie episodes, "The Return of Optimus Prime" was plotted at the very last minute (by Marv Wolfman of all people, yet another nail in the coffin of his credibility) and it shows. Painfully so. Even having Wolfman's dog's breakfast of a script rewritten by one of the show's best staff writers, Michael Charles Hill, made it merely tolerable. A very depressing way to end what I feel was otherwise the show's most underrated season. frown

Fun fact: Wolfman's talented but erratic friend Len Wein co-wrote (with SF author Diane Duane) one of Season 3's very best episodes, "Webworld," the one where Galvatron destroys the planet of the incompetent psychotherapists, and viewers are actually rooting for him (or at least I am every time I watch it. I actually do believe in the benefits of therapy, but not every doctor with a degree is necessarily qualified, as I've learned the hard way over the years. But be assured that my current therapist is perfect for me.)

Lightning Lad #908743 09/13/16 03:00 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hearing Marky Mark fail miserably at singing "The Touch" in "Boogie Nights" was one of the best laughs I've had in my movie-watching experience ever! wink (his character was a bad singer though, not Marky Mark himself of course...)

I wasn't able to watch the "Transformers" movie in theaters, but I remember how excited I was when it finally aired on tv (in multiple parts)- I must have rewound my video tape and watched the "The Touch" video like a dozen times in a row... smile (I also did that with the theme for "The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers," but that's neither her nor there...)

Last edited by DrakeB3004; 09/13/16 03:03 PM.
Lightning Lad #908767 09/13/16 09:12 PM
To reiterate: IMHO, "The Touch" is a catchy tune with a great melody and arrangement and vocal, but it just ain't Transformers music to me.

I wasn't that impressed with Vince DiCola's score for the movie, either. I did, however, like the way that Robert J. Walsh rearranged and re-recorded some of DiCola's themes for use as cues in Season 3.

But, to me, the definitive TF music is the set of Robert J. Walsh/Johnny Douglas cues from Seasons 1 and 2 (and used in the early episodes of Season 3, then sparingly for the rest of the show's run.) I think it's just such a brilliant mash-up of classical, jazz, rock, and even avant-garde!!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,466
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star