Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/06/24 12:55 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Gaseous Lad - 10/06/24 08:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:49 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/06/24 02:46 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:31 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 10/05/24 02:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 10/05/24 09:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
Re: Lost: Season II -Beware Spoliers
#560928 05/17/06 05:58 PM
Active
Active
Let's hope I don't mess-up with my VCR and I miss an ep.

#560929 05/17/06 07:10 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
wow, surpising little chat between sawyer and jack tonight.

#560930 05/17/06 07:18 PM
Active
Active
"Cause. you're the closest thing I got to a friend, doc."

#560931 05/17/06 09:57 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
That was my favorite line of the episode.

But what's with the quick turnaround regarding Claire towards Charlie?

The list was interesting. Why those four?

#560932 05/17/06 10:44 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Shepard
Austen
Reyes
Ford

What do these four have in common and unique between them? I am sure someone smarter then myself will or already has posted it somewhere else.

But this begs the question... is Kate realted to Steve Austen and secretly a bonic person? smile tease

But seriously kids, great show. I hope Michael dose get found out. Miss Clue? Can't wait till next week.

#560933 05/17/06 11:13 PM
Active
Active

The list was interesting. Why those four? [/QB]
How long do you get mad at someone? and then picture yourself on a desert island with them, can't be mad for long.

#560934 05/17/06 11:15 PM
Active
Active
The list was interesting. Why those four? [/QB

How did they know the last names?

#560935 05/18/06 05:38 AM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Probability Pete:
The list was interesting. Why those four? [/QB

How did they know the last names?
How do they know Swayers real name?

#560936 05/18/06 06:37 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer

The list was interesting. Why those four?
How long do you get mad at someone? and then picture yourself on a desert island with them, can't be mad for long.[/QB]
If they kidnapped and endangered my baby, probably longer than a couple of weeks...

It just seemed kind of sudden.

#560937 05/18/06 07:10 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
"Cause. you're the closest thing I got to a friend, doc."
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
That was my favorite line of the episode.
Me too. Possibly one of the most powerful lines of dialogue character-wise we've had all season. The two are so alike despite being so different.

As for Claire and Charlie, they've now witnessed Hurley having to bury Libby, in light of no less than two weeks ago having to see Sayid bury Shannon. So, from Claire's persective, she's seeing what was probably the most suprising and heart-warming romance (on a place where there is little that is heart-warming) suddenly ripped apart by violence, and has to see Hurley going through a plethora of emotional trauma. With every budding possible romance ending in a funeral, perhaps Claire realizes how much she likes Charlie and is more willing to forgive him now? Funerals get people to do strange things...three in about three-four weeks (one a double), coupled with all kinda of other tragedy could have Claire forgiving Charlie. I think thats a realistic scenario, although not something everyone would do.

I'm excited about next episode like crazy! I hope we get some answers about the Others, the monster (that was the monster right?) and the plane crash. But I think I'm really excited to see the Locke/Eko confrontation--I think they might be my two favorite characters.

#560938 05/18/06 07:24 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I would agree with the "sudden" feeling re: Claire and Charlie. He went way too far off the deep end to just be allowed back in. They can't just show him throwing the statues in the water and assume that the characters OR the audience will write all of it off, especially after they show that Charlie's still off balance in the scene with Eko.

Who is now officially my favorite character. "What do I do now." "You go and get my things." Classic. The smile on his face when putting in the numbers...and did I mention I have a man crush?

How is Sayid the only one who sees through Michael's bullshit? All of the paranoia about the Others on the island, two of their own are dead, and everyone just welcomes Michael back no questions asked? Stupid.

That scene in the tent goes a long way toward explaining why Michael was willing to commit such horrible actions to get his son back. Putting myself in his shoes is almost too painful. Just as we start feeling a little more sympathetic towards the Others, Ms. Clue shows up and I'm right back to hating them. The manipulation of putting a child in harm's way or threatening a father that way is inexcusable, whatever the objective is.

Speaking of objective, did everyone catch the Hanso Foundation commerical? I would have missed it if the skip button on the DVR hadn't landed right on it. You've got to respect the creators' commitment to creating a solid backstory and context.

"The closest thing to a friend I've got?" Jesus, I sure hope this inspires Jack to stop being such a dick. Just adds more fuel to my belief that for all the bravado, Sawyer is still pretty pitiful...Although HE'S at least gotten laid--hope that knife twists in Jack's self-righteous gut. But "I screwed her?" Yuck. I didn't expect him to describe it as lovemaking or anything, but blech.

Why those four? Does it have something to do with who is "good?" They are pretty much the four featured characters, but I don't know what that has to do with it. I'd really like Sayid to sneak in and kick some Other ass, maybe with a little Eko shillelagh action as backup.

The other thing that was interesting about Michael's backstory was the fact that through Claire's stay in the medical hatch we know that all this raggedy fake beard living in shacks crap is fake--as Walt said. How can Michael believe that they will do what they've promised?

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#560939 05/18/06 08:26 AM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
They do have alot of time to think around there on the Island. You know when they aren't pushing the button, interrogating Henry and stuff like that. smile

#560940 05/18/06 08:58 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
We know that Eko, at least, is "good", and, if we can believe Henry, that Locke is as well. So the list doesn't seem to correspond to that.

What's odd is, as Jack pointed out a couple of episodes ago, they've already had Kate and didn't seem to want her. Plus they could've had Jack and Sawyer, and they've shot Sawyer twice now. So the sudden desire for these four seems quite odd.

The ironic thing about the Sawyer line, of course, is that he intentionally pissed everyone off a few episodes ago, because of the fact that everyone was starting to like him.

I'm guessing the five going after the others will be this seasons version of the raft cliffhanger.

#560941 05/21/06 07:11 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Dagnabbit! Stoopid VCR (really me) was set on the wrong dangblasted channel (me again) and I missed the episode (IDIOT!) Rassum frassum.

Anyone care to give me a rundown?

Just spouting off.
#560942 05/21/06 07:30 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
RE: how they knew the names

I now belive that the others are/were involved in researching psychic powers, thus they could have grabbed the names telepathicly. It also explains Ms. Clue's questions about Walt appearing where he wasn't...ie. Astral Projection.

#560943 05/21/06 06:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by armsfalloffboy:
You know, re: Skate, one of the things I said as Jack was pointing a gun at Sawyer's head (again) and outsmarting Sawyer with the meds/guns (again) was "Sawyer is such a loser!" And I mean that in the classic sense--he never wins. Every single con, every single trick, every single involvement with another person turns out badly for him. He has this cocky, confident outer layer, but HE NEVER WINS. He never gets the girl, he never walks away with the cash, he never wins. He gets laid, gun gets stolen. He is forever having sand kicked in his face by alpha dude Jack (whose treatment of Sawyer is beginning to border on the pathological and cruel).
Sawyer's a masochist. He thinks he's scum and that he deserves all the bad things that happen to him. The only reason he hasn't commited suicide is that he wants to take the "real" Sawyer down with him. That and Kate. (At least according to the actor.) They've been going a bit too far with that in recent episodes. Using him as comic relief and to make Jack look good is not a good plan. On the rare occasions that he forgets to feel guilty, like on the raft, he's much more effective.

So is he the right person for Kate? Only if you're the kind of person who wants an inferior partner who you're smarter and better than...like, say, Jack. Kate shouldn't bother with either one.
Kate's not exactly the greatest catch herself. smile

I liked the latest episode, although I didn't think it was as good as the previous couple. It's strange that the four people Michael's supposed to bring are the four people that were in the hatch after the shooting. Awfully convenient.

It looks like Sayid's finally going to get something to do. It's interesting that Sawyer's the one who thinks to involve him. (I think Jack's brain's been overwelmed by trying to be both a leader and a doctor.) What I've heard about the previews sounds good for the finale.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#560944 05/24/06 04:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I heard someone on a local radio station saying that the four people the others wanted had all seen something that should not have been on the island.

I know that Sayid saw Walt, but the Others do not seem to know that aspect of Walts power yet, as they were asking Michael about that. This would explain why he was not included...that and he also is a hell of a lot smarter about things, such as him seeing right through Micheal.

Just thoughts.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#560945 05/24/06 08:05 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Hey Dev...

Jack saw his Dad.
Kate and Sawyer saw that horse.
Hurley saw Lenny.

About the last ep...WTF??

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> The statue of the foot and four toes? Are Locke and Eko died? Is Desmond? Jack is the man- He and Kate have a plan! You gotta know something is up with that look they gave each other. Henry is one of the good guys? Whatever. Pen Widmore? How important will she be next season! Loved it!</span></span>

#560946 05/24/06 08:09 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
just going to say wow for now, wait to be sure everyone has seen it before commenting.

#560947 05/24/06 08:09 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
"If you have enough money..."

It's amazing how they forecast the ending so beautifully and yet it still caught me completely by surprise...

That was just fantastic.

#560948 05/24/06 08:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Holy Hannah.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#560949 05/24/06 08:13 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Grr. At least with 24, CSI, House and Idol over, maybe now I can catch up on Lost.

#560950 05/24/06 08:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I am as overwhelmed and fulfilled as I have ever been with a season finale.

Yes, that includes The Best of Both Worlds (ST:TNG).

Wowee.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#560951 05/24/06 08:29 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Kippers says it perfectly. Overwhelmed and fulfilled--it was completely awesome!

So many little tidbits, so many 'holy crap!' and 'kewl!' moments--and almost every character having a scene/part to play.

Don't expect Locke or Eko to be dead and I think we'll have to see some more of Michael and Walt too.

Lots of questions raised, but many answered and many theories finally shunted aside for good!

#560952 05/25/06 06:24 AM
Active
Active
Hmmm... good drama, liked the Desmond back story, and am curious as how Penelope falls into the mix. ButI found I wasn't all that wowed by the revelations, I didn't really hear anything that would have justified all the cloak and dagger secrecy the writers have been putting us thru. And I can't help but wonder why they didnt take Kate, Jack and Sawyer back when they caught Michael.

<shrug>

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,049,064
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Comic Addict Lad, izi
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star