Roll Call
1 members (Lard Lad), 17 Murran Spies, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:33 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Boy Kid Lad - 10/05/24 08:31 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Korbal - 10/05/24 08:28 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 10/05/24 02:52 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 10/05/24 09:44 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 13 AUGUST*
by thoth lad - 10/05/24 04:29 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by thoth lad - 10/05/24 03:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 10/05/24 02:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20
Re: Lost: Season II -Beware Spoliers
#560703 01/26/06 07:18 PM
Active
Active
libby's story is BS, how could hurley have stepped on her foot when she was in the tail section of the plane? Hurley was in the front and i believe he was the last person on the plane.

#560704 01/26/06 07:22 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Speaking of "Lost", there is the ongoing mystery of those numbered etched on the plane. There was speculation that they were related to Hurley's lottery, so here's another:

Already we have had one death and one disappearence...are the survivors being dispatched one by one according to the order of their seat numbers?

#560705 01/26/06 07:44 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The numbers were never etched on the plane, they were on the hatch. They are the same numbers that Hurley used for the lottery, which he learned from the guy in the mental hospital who heard from the other army guy who was leaving in Australia-hence why Hurley was in Australia. Certain Survivors did have seat numbers that are the numbers, And there are connections between the numbers and the survivors.

And if the survivors were being dispatched by seat numbers then why were all the tailies -we were all in the back of the plane- taken first.

#560706 01/26/06 07:51 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It is interesting, however, that the two members of the main cast who have died so far, Boone and Shannon, were never supposed to be in the mid-section. I don't know if that's significant in any way, however, since plenty of minor characters have died.

#560707 01/26/06 08:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by rtvu2:
The numbers were never etched on the plane, they were on the hatch. They are the same numbers that Hurley used for the lottery, which he learned from the guy in the mental hospital who heard from the other army guy who was leaving in Australia-hence why Hurley was in Australia. Certain Survivors did have seat numbers that are the numbers, And there are connections between the numbers and the survivors.

And if the survivors were being dispatched by seat numbers then why were all the tailies -we were all in the back of the plane- taken first.
You got me on that one, rtvu2...unless the "tailies" also sat in those afore-mentioned randomly numbered seats...that is to say, each section of the plane had the same sequence of number...

#560708 01/26/06 08:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I just noticed, now that I've started in on season 1, that no one seems to have lost a loved one in the crash. Siblings Boone and Shannon, couples Sun and Jin and Rose and Bernard; father and son Michel and Walt. Kind of seems against the odds, doesn't it?

As for the numbers, an interview in the latest TV Guide (Eastern Canadian Edition) says <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">"That question will never, ever be answered." eek </span></span>

Also, for any Jack/Ana fans (I hear there are some),
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> "She [Ana] will have romantic entanglments. But I think the one who will begin to emerge over the season will be the one that you least expect."

The one I least expect is Sayid. They wouldn't, would they? </span></span>

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#560709 01/26/06 08:26 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Arachne:
I just noticed, now that I've started in on season 1, that no one seems to have lost a loved one in the crash. Siblings Boone and Shannon, couples Sun and Jin and Rose and Bernard; father and son Michel and Walt. Kind of seems against the odds, doesn't it?
That *is* interesting. Even Vincent survived...

Kate did loose her travelling companion, but he was hardly a "loved one".

#560710 01/26/06 10:00 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
LAM, do you actually watch the show or are you just a casual viewer? Since your in Australia I am guessing that the second season has started yet.

Arachne, that is a pretty good thought. Question though - the kids in the tail section, were they on there way to meet their parents or did the parents die?

And from spoiler.com <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Locke will be getting more dark and evil. We will not like were we see Charlie in a couple of dies. Eko's story will continue to unravel and he may actually have the strongest connection to the island. Ethan may not have been part of the 'Others', we may find more groups living on the island.</span></span>

#560711 01/26/06 10:06 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The kids from the tail section were on their way to meet their mother in LA.

#560712 01/26/06 11:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LAM, do you actually watch the show or are you just a casual viewer? Since your in Australia I am guessing that the second season has started yet.
RTVU2, in answer to your question: Season 2 has yet to be broadcast in Australia, and my info had been gleaned from reading various articles in television guides.

Season 1 is currently be replayed late at night and I do try to keep abreast of any clues and or red herrings which may pop up. The red herrings are scattered about and I suspect the answers to various riddles and incidents (before the actual crash landing on the island) would have a bearing on what may or may not happen from one season to the next.

My theory concerning the numbers on the hatch is what is keeping me hooked to the show and its various elements: the mystery, the events leading to the disposal of the various cast members and the way it keeps its viewers (such as myself) guessing.

The US sure knows how to put together a good show. "Desperate Housewives" is another series chock-full of intrigue. I love intrigue, don't you? smile

#560713 01/27/06 12:24 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Oh and I totally forget, how about the interaction between Libby and Hurley? Hurley asking her if they new each other? Her totally doging the question and giving him a recount of their supposed first meeting? That's kinda fishy to me. I like the dark Charlie and the eposide was a downer, but I can't wait to see where it all leads too. What have Anna and Jack been doing in the jungle? Where are Rose and Bernard? Why did they do the omnious closeup of Locke's face after Charlie told Clarie that Aaron needed to be bapthized. So many questions... but at least Charlie defended myself with a good agruement -Kate sees a horse and no one questions that, but Charlie has a dream about the baby and sees his mum and Clarie dressed like angels and Locke thinks he is using/crazy. Who is Locke to deny the power of a dream?

ADDED BECAUSE WAS I THINKING ABOUT IT...

Libby's story doesn't jive. How could Hurley have stepped on her foot. He was seated in the front/middle. She was supposed to be in the back, she's a tailie.
We're of like minds. I'm all for showing more of the cast. I donn't want to see Charlie in particular go over to the Dark Side, but I do wish the survivors weren't all so chummy.

And good to know I'm not the only suspicious of Locke. His name can't be coincidental. I didn't care for the beat down he gave Charlie.

And, while I agree Libby's story was fishy, we really can't use her being a Tailie as evidence. Rose and Bernard were both in the front section, and yet he ended up with the Tailies.

Just spouting off.
#560714 01/27/06 12:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Did anypone else catch the name of the person that the "Other" the guys were talking to told to bring Kate out?

Alex.

Can the French woman be far from returning?
Didn't we learn that Alex was her daughter? It would be too coincidental if there were a boy and girl with the same name.

Just spouting off.
#560715 01/27/06 12:57 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Rose said that her husband was in the back using the bathroom. How he ended up in a seat stuck up in the chair, I guess we will have to wait and see. And we never do get a good look at the "Alex" that had kate.

#560716 01/27/06 08:47 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Charlie was in the bathroom when the plane started to crash, too. He managed to get out and get himself buckled into a nearby empty seat before things got too bad. Bernard probably did something similar.

#560717 01/27/06 09:16 PM
rtvu2 Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
True. Thanks Arachne!

#560718 02/03/06 08:38 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper

#560719 02/04/06 09:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That link was very spoilerish - I didn't realize it was news. I thought it was a fan popularity poll or something. I don't know how reliable it is (especially since the article goes on to say how he talks to his regular prostitute about the show...), but maybe a spoiler warning with a less revealing line?

#560720 02/04/06 02:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sorry Drake but this is a spoiler thread so I saw no need for a warning. And the story has been picked up by other media. I'd post links but I'm posting from my PSP.

#560721 02/04/06 02:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I assume there are spoilers for episodes that have aired, but would expect a warning about spoilers for upcoming developments. If this is a widely known development, then I guess it doesn't matter -- it's just the first I've heard of it.

I think I'd enjoy it if she went nuts and Sayid had to put her down like a mad dog - hehe... Or maybe they'll just find a reason to stick her character in the hole for a few episodes (it could be the de facto penalty box for petulant actors).

(you can post from a PSP? Wow, I am so 20th century...)

#560722 02/04/06 09:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Various thoughts about Lost:

I was watching the audio commentary for "The Moth" (where Charlie burns the heroin) the other day and one of the comentators mentioned that they considered having Locke switch the bag with something else so that he could coerce Charlie at some point. Could that be why Locke kept the statues in the last ep?

We know what Kate did now, but we have little explanation of why she did it. She says her father didn't touch her, so what could he do that was so terrible? Could he have somehow profited of someone else abusing her? What's the worst a father could do without touching her? If she doesn't have more motive than "because he was my father", then she's got to have a serious mental illness.

Has anyone else had a shift in opinions about the Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle in the last few weeks? I know I went from neutral to pro-Sawyer. Also, a forum I've been lurking on has a poll about it. Jack and Sawyer seemed to about equal, but now Sawyer's way out in front.

Finally, do you think they're ever going to get off the island? Lately, I don't think so. There's been a lot of talk in the show about the island being a chance to start over, but if they get rescued, they'll have to go back to their old lives. (Kate in jail, Sun/Jin trying to run from Sun's father, Claire wondering how she's going to raise the baby on her own, ect.) The only way I can see them getting off is if they get new identities.

#560723 02/06/06 07:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I got a run through of all of Season 1 in a special Lost preview and I wondered who the black woman was. Is she still a pivotal character on the show?

#560724 02/06/06 08:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Rose, I think. I wouldn't call her pivotal, but she does keep popping up.

#560725 02/06/06 09:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Many thanks for your info, Arachne. smile From what I could gather, this Rose was a very important character - a "sounding board", if you will.

#560726 02/07/06 08:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The rare few times she's appeared, she has been that sounding board. I don't want to spoil anything for ya if you haven't seen season two, but she has one of the most emotional moments of the show's run to date.

Just spouting off.
#560727 02/08/06 08:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
mad Kate should have kicked his ass!

Well, okay, that might have been rather difficult seeing that he was sitting down, but still...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm talking about Sawyer.</span></span>

He's still a fav, though. Maybe I should have my head examined. :7

Page 9 of 20 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,049,057
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Comic Addict Lad, izi
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ibn al-Nezumi
Ibn al-Nezumi
Indojapan, Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star