Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 06/24/24 07:40 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 06/24/24 03:46 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/24/24 03:44 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Ann Hebistand - 06/24/24 03:41 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/24/24 02:06 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/24/24 02:06 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by razsolo - 06/24/24 01:32 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Which Lost character are you?
#555877 05/18/12 07:13 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Psst, careful folks... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Remember that it's not clear that Libby is dead until the end of next episode</span></span>

#555878 05/18/12 07:14 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
[qb]And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
WHO got the DUI??? Libby or Ana Lucia (in real life)?
Spoilering this until the end of next episode.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Both of them. http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Dec/01/br/br05p.html[/SPOILER]

#555879 05/18/12 07:15 PM
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
[b]And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
WHO got the DUI??? Libby or Ana Lucia (in real life)?[/b]
Both

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#555880 05/18/12 08:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmm. People seem to be getting worked up/excited over these episodes... I think I'd better move on to e21 NOW! BRB with the review!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555881 05/18/12 09:05 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
These episodes are where people stopped being polite...and shit GOT REAL

#555882 05/18/12 09:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
s2 e21

Well it's official that I despise Michael. I am sure he is doing what he has to do to get Walt back or whatever but I will never like him again for removing 2 strong females from the show.

YAY! Libby's alive! Sucks to be you now, doesn't it Michael? HA!

More headbutting!

Uggh I can't even stand to look at Michael. Libby and Ana were far more interesting than he and Walt ever were, Shining powers included.

Correction, John... Boone did NOT make the plane fall-- your insistence that he climb up and get inside the plane made it fall.

Oh Lordy NOT another hatch...

i hate you, Michael. I don't blame Hurley at all for this, Michael... YOU are the woman-murdering scumbag.

is the whole effin' island a series of hatches?

Lots of paranormal tidbits this episode.

I wish Michael and Sawyer had sailed away and never come back.

What a horrific end for Libby. frown

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#555883 05/19/12 02:28 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
There's at least 6 hatches according to the orientation vids, and something like 8 on Locke's disco map. I think we've seen 4 so far?

A bit of background on the deaths: It was basically planned that Ana-Lucia would only be around for one season when she was introduced. By the end of the season, however, fan reaction to the character was still fairly negative, so the fear was that if Michael only killed her, people would cheer instead of finding it appropriately horrific. So Libby's death was added to make people have the kind of reaction to Michael that you're having at this point.

#555884 05/19/12 04:01 AM
Dev-Em Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#555885 05/19/12 06:09 AM
I predict Lash's opinion of Sawyer will change before the end of the series.

#555886 05/19/12 06:24 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
There's at least 6 hatches according to the orientation vids, and something like 8 on Locke's disco map. I think we've seen 4 so far?

A bit of background on the deaths: It was basically planned that Ana-Lucia would only be around for one season when she was introduced. By the end of the season, however, fan reaction to the character was still fairly negative, so the fear was that if Michael only killed her, people would cheer instead of finding it appropriately horrific. So Libby's death was added to make people have the kind of reaction to Michael that you're having at this point.
I still don't buy that, as they obviously laid out plans for Libby that got scuttled (re: her appearance in the institution). I really do think the actors' off-screen antics fed into their leaving despite the creators' spin after the fact.

#555887 05/19/12 06:25 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
I predict Lash's opinion of Sawyer will change before the end of the series.
I liked Sawyer and hated Jack, but by season three I had completely reversed my opinion, and it stayed that way for most of the series.

#555888 05/19/12 06:27 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For my opinion of Sawyer to change, he will have to do something so unselfish that it would make me look like a jerk for continuing to dislike him, because that guy is really scummy!

Originally posted by Dev - Em:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!
Michael is a murdering jerk!!! Walt is better off without him.

#555889 05/19/12 09:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My opinion of nearly all of the characters fluctuated throughout the series. Locke, Jack, Sawyer, Michael, Kate, Hurley, many more - I loved and hated them all at one point or another. I think that was one of the best things about the show - it was a roller-coaster ride in every way.

As for the drink-driving = firing theory. I don't buy it. What would they have done if

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Matthew Fox or Terry O'Quinn </span></span>

or someone had gotten caught drink-driving? Plus the fact that

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Daniel Dae Kim </span></span>

did get caught drink-driving too and he never got fired?

Believing the creators would subject the storylines and characters of a show as intricate as LOST was to the capriciousness of who might or might not get caught drink-driving is just way too unrealistic IMO.

#555890 05/19/12 09:59 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Plus the fact that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">she shows up in Desmond's flashback in the season finale seems to suggest that the plan really was to tell her story entirely in the flashbacks of others. The big question is why that never happens. Was it really just lack of cooperation on behalf of the actress (though she does show up for additional appearances later on...) or is it that the producers really thought that showing us the origin of Jack's tattoos, for instance, was more important.</span></span>

#555891 05/19/12 10:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I need to finish this series just so I can read all the spoiler posts at long last!!!

For now, a nap... afterwards, THE FINISHING OF SEASON 2!

#555892 05/19/12 02:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e22 is GO!

BAH! I am SO sick of hearing about Michael's SON. Ana and Libby were important to people TOO. Thank you Hurley for stepping up to say so!

BOO HOO... Michael's not getting his way... why don'tcha just shoot 'em ALL, dumbass? That'll learn 'em won't it? *fume*

Cleaning the blood of the girls he murdered. Good, he SHOULD have to do it.

And I know they are about to flashback more and reveal what drove him to go cray-cray and shoot up everybody and it will be supposed to turn my opinion around on him but I am telling you right now I will *never* turn my opinion around on him, no matter what they reveal happened!!

It's Sun. Hey Michael, shoot Sun too. Might as well shoot Rose, Bernard, Turnip head and Charlie also and then no one I like most will be left. *still fuming*

Well I do like that Sawyer bypassed Jack's ASS-inine order to follow what Murdering Michael demanded and signed up Sayid!

*groooan*! Is Eko vying to take over the "mysterious islander" slot from Locke?

"WHERE'S MY SON??" I am strangling someone if he says this again!!!!

The Others' little shantytown... I don't even care about those whackjobs anymore!

MMMHMMM. You ain't foolin' me, LOST writers... this ain't Sayid's first time at the rodeo and I *know* he ain't backing down that easy! Sucks for you Michael!!

WTF is the dog doing taking Charlie the heroin Mary??? lol Good for him, for tossing them! I knew he would *beams proudly*

lol at Sawyer considering Jack the closest thing he has to a friend. Maybe try not being an asshole, dummy, and everyone would j'adore you.

Michael's attempt of manipulating Hurley into going is making me want to PUNCH this LAPTOP!!!
"Sorry about Walt dude but I'm not coming." J'LOVE HURLEY!!! And YAY for Kate SHUTTING HIM THE HELL UP. I'm telling you all, I can't stand to see him onscreen. He needs to GO.

OMG, SAYID I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Thank you for being so smart, I knew you weren't fooled!!

So... who's on this boat? Someone for me to like so they can get just get killed frustratingly, or someone else for me to hate the guts of?

My emotions are running high, as is well-documented here.

#555893 05/19/12 02:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
^To clarify my position on Michael above...

I know I don't have kids and therefore can't speak to that sort of bond, but I also can't see myself murdering two innocent women and marching 4 other people off to what is likely their doom... for ANY reason!

The fact that NONE of these islanders trust each other to tell what is happening is almost insufferable. Michael is essentially trusting The Others *MORE* than he trusts the folks he's been with since episode 1! THAT is the working of a CRAZY mind.

I need to unlax with some 30 Rock before I attempt any more LOST right now...

#555894 05/19/12 04:22 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Michael's actions are pretty dumb. Even if he decided to trust the Others, surely he could've found a way to free Henry without shooting someone. And then he's risking a lot on being able to convince Jack to bring exactly the four he needs along with them (which, bizarrely, Jack seems gullible enough to do if it weren't for Sawyer involving Sayid).

But, yeah, on another level, you've got to wonder why exactly he's trusting the Others at all.

I think you'll end up liking what's in the boat.

#555895 05/19/12 04:40 PM
J'LOVE HURLEY!!!
And you didn't like Hurley at first, dude!

#555896 05/19/12 06:17 PM
in hiding
in hiding
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
[b] J'LOVE HURLEY!!!
And you didn't like Hurley at first, dude! [/b]
I predict that by the end of the series you'll even be calling him Hugo instead of Hurley.

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
#555897 05/19/12 06:29 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I know, I totally didn't like Hurley!! But now I do!! And I don't see it changing, unless he does something REALLY crazy. I resent the LOST writers' attempts to make it seem like all this is Hurley's nuthouse fantasy, but at least if it were, Libby would still be alive!

AND-- if for some reason, Hurley prefers to be called Hugo, I will start calling him Hugo now, he has earned that respect!

Okay, I've had a few cocktails but nothing major... hopefully I can get through the next episode without hurling any objects across the room... *opens Netflix*

OH CRAP... the next episode is part 1 of the finale... well, I'll risk part 1... if I'm too cocktailed to handle it, I will resume tomorrow!

*clicks*

#555898 05/19/12 07:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
e23

So I'm reminded via PREVIOUSLY that Dharma VCR guy calls this a "psychological experiment"... Hmm.

Jeepers, I so DO love seeing all of our gang together (including Noname Squad members)... Okay, If I'm gonna get through this I MUST stop pausing and commenting on EVERY little thing...!!

HOLY STUDMUFFINS!! Sayid and Sawyer BOTH ripping their shirts off is almost too much for this poor ol' country boy to handle... DAMN IT, MUST STOP PAUSING and COMMENTING..!!

BAH! at lamesauce Jack for leaving his shirt ON. *glares* DAMN IT MUST STOP PAUSING!!!!

[Linked Image]

*dreamy sigh*

[Linked Image]

BAH!! ENOUGH TOMFOOLERY!!! *resumes episode*

SHITSNACKS! Isn't that that crazy, good-coiffed dude who was playing Mama Cass in the s2 premiere??? (Desmond?)

Jeepers, he's drunker than I am!

Desmond's nutjob ramblings might have some truth to them... "THIS IS IT..." "...BLOODY SNOWGLOBE!" "THERE'S NO OUTSIDE WORLD..."

WHOA at Eko pushing Locke out of the hatch! There's weirdness going on here... like, whatever had taken root in Locke has found a more suitable form in Eko... these two are the ONLY 2 to have witnessed/communicated with the island smoke-beast-thingie... HMMMM.

SHUT UP LIAR MICHAEL!!!!

Desmond vs. Sayid in THE WAR OF THE SEXY UNWASHED FLOPPY ISLAND WINDBLOWN HAIR!

IT'S A LOST FIRST-- Desmond's flashback hair is equally as cute as his island hair, despite being much shorter!! (Well, Charlie's hair hasn't changed that much and Boone was so STUNNINGLY HANDSOME both ways, they don't count) Hmm... now that I think on it, Sayid was kinda hotter in his soldier uniform with shorter hair... DAMN IT I'M GETTING DISTRACTED AGAIN--!!!
*resumes episode*

IS THAT LIBBY WITH A BAD FLASHBACK HAIRDO??? She totes wins for best island makeover--!!!!

Okay, sorry, but I'm totaly getting overwhelmed and don't want to miss ANY clues... so I'm gonna stop here and finish tomorrow!

#555899 05/21/12 04:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
^Lord have mercy. Sorry about the rambling inebriated recappage above.

e23 concluded...

Umm, yeah Michael... your gun wasn't loaded because YOU WOULD HAVE SHOT OFF 10 BULLETS AT A FREAKIN' BIRD. Not to mention probably all your supposed-to-be friends, murder-face.

Holy 4-toed giant mostly-missing statue! That was unexpected. Another piece to a massive puzzle... but where does it fit?

Eko's been locked out of his hatch... John and Des were there first. Now let's see what happens!

Inman... I am totes stealing that for a superhero name...

"STOP LYING!!" hooray Jack for saying that to Michael! Also, hooray Kate for making an executive decision to shoot at the Others who were following them!

I like the mini-team of Jin, Sun and Sayid! Also, it is apparent that those on the list-- Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hugo are THE 4 major players in LOST, for whatever reasons I haven't figured out yet.

Finale part 2 will wrap up season 2 for me!

#555900 05/21/12 05:09 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Love the reviews, drunk or sober! wink

I find Libby almost recognizable in that flashback.

I love the scene where Michael realizes his gun isn't loaded.

#555901 05/21/12 05:26 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm going on record as saying Season 3, episode 3 will drive Lash wild (in a good way).

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,395
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Su
Su
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star