Roll Call
2 members (Eryk Davis Ester, King of Snake, King of Snake, King of Snake), 11 Murran Spies, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
If you had the chance
by Set - 09/21/24 11:08 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/21/24 03:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/21/24 03:00 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/21/24 02:59 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
What if the Legion was more like...Animal House?!?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/20/24 01:47 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/19/24 04:28 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 61 of 70 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538556 10/25/04 03:14 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
I'm available for tonight. Besides, I don't have anyone over level 3 on any of the servers you listed for Monday. smile
SLK, if we don't continue the TF tonight don't worry about not having anything over lvl 3. I don't think I have anyone over lvl 5. laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538557 10/25/04 03:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Blue has a SG event scheduled for tomorrow
night. Ironically enough, they're going up
against a Portal World's Clock King ... 8-)

I'm free for the TF tonight if we can get
together, but I'm going to be working out soon
and will be back in about an hour.

I do want to work on Bluette though... I want
to get her to 14 ASAP. 8-)

But if we decide to play on other server, I can
play on Guardian or Pinnacle or Protector. I have
a character on Champion but it's a version of
Blue Battlette that I hated so I never got her
past 3.

#538558 10/25/04 03:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hey, guys. If we're not going to do TF, let me know what server everyone wants to play on. Grem
would like to play too. I wouldn't mind working on Star some more ... and I've got a level 8 healer on Guardian who has rez.

I need to work out now, but I'll check back when I'm done.

#538559 10/25/04 04:27 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Vee:
After last night I've been thinking how it's a shame we don't play our chars on other servers together more often, although we do seem to solo them quite a bit based on their levels.

We also have other LW posters that play CoH but have never (or rarely) been part of the the LW teams because their heroes (or preferred chars) are on servers other than those in which we have our main Legion groups such as Danny Blaine, Director Lad, Maegenbrand, UltraStar, Pex, Patch, Comic Addict Lad (who actually first posted about CoH on LW and started all of this) and others.

So I have a suggestion to make...

Why don't we designate each day of the week for a different server. That way, if you're looking to just play instead of work on a particular char, you know you're likely to find some of us there.

I for one always have much more fun when I'm teamed with you guys thatn soloing or teaming with random players.
I really like the idea, Vee. It creates an easy place to find each other if we feel like it... just go on and see who's there instead of having to log on and post your plans. Join or not it becomes much eaiser.

I've gone and tried to consolidate all the lists and here are my observations.

It seems like the two servers we have the least on are Champion, Victory, Liberty and Justice (hmmmm) so perhaps those can go on backup days until we decide we like our chacters there more. There's a little more activity on Truimph, Guardian, Freedom, Protector and Pinnacle so perhaps they'll share their day with one of the above. Then there's Virtue and Infinity, where we spend the most time grouped.

Course those observations seem moot depending on how off the combined list is... levels are way off, and that's how I judged server activity. Also since a bunch of us haven't posted our lists, there are a bunch of gaps.

My ideaso for a schedule -- Being our biggest servers Virtue and Infinity get wednesdays. Since Pinnacle and Freedom seem so busy, perhaps they should take up friday or monday, to give a day's break from Legion night. Guardian and Protector would share Tuesdays and Thursdays, since we have a lot of people with characters there that don't have Virtue or Infinity characters.

'cept I just forgot about Triumph.

Anyway, here's a draft of where my thinking was going, perhaps, next to Vee's schedule we'll come up with some good ideas.

Monday: Pinnacle/Champion (Pinnacle: JSA/Buffy)
Tuesday: Protector/Justice/Triumph (Protector: Legion)
Wednesday: Infinity/Virtue (Legion Night)
Thursday: Guardian/Victory
Friday: Freedom/Liberty

So here's my suggested preliminary schedule. Feel free to object, denounce, amend, etc:

[b]Mondays: alternate between Guardian, Victory, and Champion with assorted heroes on each.

Tuesdays: alternate between Pinnacle (contains JSA and the Buffy group plus assorted other heroes) and Triumph (Blue's crew plus assorted heroes)

Wednesdays: alternate Legion Night on Virtue & Infinity. (This night seems to work best for getting the largest group together)

Thursdays: alternate between Freedom (Peanuts, the CoH Mythos crew, and where the other large Legion group we discovered last week calls home, plus assorted other heroes) and Justice

Friday: alternate between Protector (contains Legion of Super Protectors & the Gilligans Island crew plus assorted independant heroes) & Liberty (Titans plus assorted other heroes)

Weekends would be a left "open" and likely used for TFs & special groupings.[/b]

#538560 10/25/04 04:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
If we don't continue the TF tonight, I'll plan on being on Guardian server with my lvl 4 fire blaster CometKid.

Please be sure to notice that there is NO space between "Comet" & "Kid"

#538561 10/25/04 04:58 PM
Active
Active
OK, I just created a new character so I can play on Guardian. Look for DeliveryMan if you get a chance.

#538562 10/25/04 06:27 PM
Deputy
Deputy
On Guardian now. I created a new Blue Battler.
Everyone who can come join us! 8-)

#538563 10/25/04 06:31 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And I'm on with Varalent, along with SLK as Black Hand, Grem as Madeleine, & Blue as ...well, as Blue laugh

#538564 10/25/04 09:31 PM
Active
Active
Hey, that was pretty fun tonight guys. I got to use some different powers from the usual hack 'n slash porcupine pete! Plus it was kind of fun to role play as an annoying teen for a couple of hours. Hope I didn't get on too many nerves. I definitely wouldn't mind going back to that group again some time.

#538565 10/25/04 09:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've had Fyre Ant for quite awhile but I just never play on Guardian. It was kinda fun playing a different character type. Thanks for letting me join you so late in the game.

#538566 10/25/04 09:48 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I enjoyed myself as well. After spending hours
punching things with Andrew, it was nice to be
a blaster for a change. 8-)

I think that I'm going to put a Blue on every
server. 8-) Maybe I'll make Giant Blue and
Lil' Blue ... 8-)

I do want to play Bluette some more on Triumph.
She's at 11 now, and I want to get her flight,
and I want to eventually get her to 20 so she
can have invisbility. I've never made it that
far in devices....

I'm undecided about smoke grenade though. I'm
not sure if it's worth taking now that they've
gimped it.

#538567 10/25/04 10:20 PM
Active
Active
Yep, we\'ll be facing Nazi Zombies this halloween...

Emergency meeting of the Legion of Virtue? I think that's our strongest overall team.

#538568 10/25/04 10:24 PM
Active
Active
It was great to play Sylvie again. It seems so rare that I get to use her. My first CoH character was a mind controller and, depite all the bad things people have to say about the AT, it's the most controller-y for me.

#538569 10/25/04 10:26 PM
Active
Active
One more thing...

I think I want to create a Puffy Ami character. Anyone up for Puffy Yumi? laugh

#538570 10/25/04 11:05 PM
Active
Active
lol

#538571 10/26/04 02:59 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That was fun last night. It was neat to play differnet chars and still have fun with the group. And, wow! We tore through most everything we came up against (except for that last mess of 5ths frown )

I think I'm going to enjoy visiting the different servers.

#538572 10/26/04 05:08 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Blue has a SG event to attend to tonight, so I
won't be able to make anything tonight, most
likely. Am prolly going to get killed a lot by
a Portal World Clock King. 8-)

#538573 10/26/04 06:04 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:

Anyway, here's a draft of where my thinking was going, perhaps, next to Vee's schedule we'll come up with some good ideas.

Monday: Pinnacle/Champion (Pinnacle: JSA/Buffy)
Tuesday: Protector/Justice/Triumph (Protector: Legion)
Wednesday: Infinity/Virtue (Legion Night)
Thursday: Guardian/Victory
Friday: Freedom/Liberty
This would work for me also. I'm not really particular about which servers are on which night just so that we have an idea of where to go looking and get a chance to play some of our different characters with each other. That's been the most fun part for me!

BTW, I think I listed the other Legion groups server wrong. I'll double check what server they are on when I get back home tonight.

#538574 10/26/04 09:24 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Saturn Girl:
lol
Go ahead to the show website ( found here ), mouse over the "characters" button and use Yumi for inspiration.

I'm figuring I'll put the character on Liberty Server to play with the Titans, even if this isn't Puffy Amiyumi's Titans.

Try using the code name Puffy Yumi, (I hope no one's taken it yet) I'm thinking of making Puffy Ami a 5'6"ish and a Empathy/Radiation defender (would that be the best match for the perky, cheery positive one?)

#538575 10/26/04 02:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just saw the following posted on the CoH main page.

Special PCC Event Today!
Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Statesman Requests Your Help!

**********SPECIAL PCC EVENT TODAY!!!**********

For this week only!

Greetings, Heroes.

Statesman has contacted the Paragon City Council in regards to unusual activities occurring on the Test Server. In order to investigate these concerns, the PCC Event for this week will be held at 4pm Pacific Time/6pm Central Time on Tuesday, October 26th. We ask all available heroes to attend. Please enter the Training Room server, create a new character (or use one whose level is between 1 and 4), skip the tutorial and enter Atlas Park.

The directions for accessing the Training Room server can be found HERE.

Further instructions will be given by the PCC at that time.

#538576 10/26/04 02:29 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've never actually made it into the test server. Can never seem to get it to download all the files needed, but I guess I'll give it one more shot today and see if I can make it in in order to find out what's going on.

#538577 10/26/04 02:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Let us know, Vee. I'd like to get on the
training server sometimes for those chats
they're supposed to have, but I've always
been afraid of running my game on this
machine. Maybe when I get a second PC
capable of running Herocrack ... 8-)

#538578 10/26/04 02:41 PM
Active
Active
Just 'cause it seems worth re-posting:

Here’s how to install the test server client:

1. Locate the “CohUpdater.exe” file. If you installed the game from the retail cd, this will be in the game directory, which is “C:\Program Files\City of Heroes” by default.

2. Create a shortcut to this file.

3. Open the Properties for the newly created shortcut. In the “Target” window, add the following flag to the end of the line:
[space]-test

5. Run this shortcut.

The first time you run the shortcut, you will be asked if you want to install the test client to the default directory. Choose “Yes” if you want to install it there, or choose “No” if you want to choose a different directory. It is recommended that you install the test client in a different location than your normal game client.

Once the test client is installed, you can launch the test client by using this same shortcut.

Additional Information:

· The test client does not include an uninstall program. To remove it, you will have to delete it manually.

· If you uninstall the normal game client, it will remove the “CohUpdater.exe” file. If you plan to remove the normal game client but continue to use the test client, be sure to make a copy of this file first.

#538579 10/26/04 02:45 PM
Active
Active
Also:
You can now copy your characters to the Training Room (test server)!

For making easy copies of your characters to the test server, please visit our new Character Copy Tool , login to your account, and follow the instructions carefully.

There are some important caveats to be aware of before you make a copy of your character:

* While the character copy tool no longer clears out tasks, their state should be identical to the tasks your original character had. Be aware, however, that some of the broken tasks that have been fixed were fixed so that they are issued correctly (i.e. if you have already been issued them you may still need a GM to fix your character).

*Your copied character will no longer be a member of any taskforce or supergroup.

*Your copied character will lose all influence points that the original source character acquired.

*Any sidekick your source character has will not be copied over to the test server.

*In cases where your character had a populated friend’s list on the production servers, when that character is copied to the test server your friend’s list will be empty.

Your source character will *not* be affected or modified by this copy process in any way.

Please report any bugs you encounter via the in-game support tool.
Reading the forum, some posters point out a very valuable use to the character copy tool... you can copy over a character to a test server twice before leveling and trying out different powers (or more than twice if you wish).

#538580 10/26/04 04:29 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well I gave up. Not even 2% of the files have downloaded at this point and it's over two hours.

Page 61 of 70 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,052
Posts1,048,681
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
minesurfer
minesurfer
NOVA by way of NOIN
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star