Roll Call
2 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, King of Snake, thoth lad, King of Snake), 12 Murran Spies, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 10:32 AM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 10:30 AM
What if the JLA had been the children of the JSA?
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 09:55 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/22/24 07:58 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/22/24 07:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/22/24 03:22 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/22/24 03:22 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/22/24 02:16 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 70 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538256 09/30/04 10:18 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lyle, I would also point out that we were all 14-16 no one was over the level of the mission (assuming I'm corect that Prism is a 16, if not it would only have been 1 level higher.)

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538257 09/30/04 10:57 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Looks like they nerfed the XP farminf TF this morning. Seen lots of comments about it on the chat window. Oh well frown

#538258 09/30/04 11:02 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's what we all get for being vocal about it. But I like how they can take the time to fix that while leaving other aspects screwed up. Priorities. shake

#538259 09/30/04 11:31 AM
Active
Active
Sounds like it's headed to some sort of limbo...

Thank you for contacting us! We have received your submission for our QA team. I am transferring your ticket to our QA team for further review as a bug report. Your ticket may be set to "Solved" once they review it without further correspondence if it is not necessary. Someone will respond again if more information is needed. Please be aware that our QA team is not available on the weekends.
So maybe we'll hear something maybe we won't...

#538260 09/30/04 11:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And if they determine that nothing was wrong you won't hear back. Typical. How hard is it to just reply and say "Our findings show all XP was awarded correctly". I hate this policy, rampant in a number of places, of not responding if they don't feel it is necessary. Gives customer service a bad name and since we are paying customers we deserve some kind of reply.

#538261 09/30/04 12:59 PM
Active
Active
Yeah, I'm not feeling the most encouraged. I'm sometimes underwhelmed by the attitude of NCSoft's CS. I sent them an e-mail once because I didn't get the first issue of my comic (as instructed on the MB) the response I get was "We're sending you another copy but this is a one-time-only offer."

Sheesh, like I've got an amazing scheme to get them to send me free comics and, I dunno, sell them for top dollar or something...

BTW, check this post out ...

#538262 09/30/04 02:24 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, Condo failed in his first attempt at getting his cape.

Really should have gotten through it had I known I WOULDN't need any Catch A Breathes at all, but needed as many Disciplines & Heals as I could carry. Even so, I only died twice inside the mission before reaching the Time Capsule. Died a third time there and still could have gotten back from the hospital in Talos Island in time to kill the three Lost & Boss had I not gotten ambushed by lvl 26 Pantheons right outside the door to the memorial.

Once I died there, I managed to get back from the hospital just in time to watch the Lost finish destroying the Time Capsule! AARGH!!!

Oh, well, on my way back for attempt number 2. This time I have all heals & disciplines. At least this time the memorial to Hero 1 seems to have moved to Kings Row. laugh

#538263 09/30/04 02:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Vee:
Looks like they nerfed the XP farminf TF this morning. Seen lots of comments about it on the chat window. Oh well frown
Dammit.

I KNEW they'd do that. 8-(

#538264 09/30/04 02:34 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
Oh, well, on my way back for attempt number 2. This time I have all heals & disciplines. At least this time the memorial to Hero 1 seems to have moved to Kings Row. laugh
ARRRGH!!!! And of course it's a completely different map this time! Thought I knew exactly what I would be facing mad

#538265 09/30/04 03:02 PM
Active
Active
Dang, Condo hit 20 already? Nice going.

Too bad the Synapse TF doesn't give XP the same way anymore. That was quick.

#538266 09/30/04 03:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I knew they'd nerf it... it was only a matter
of time, but I hoped we'd get a chacne to use
it first. 8-)

I just managed to finish a mish for blue in
Talos ... first time in a long time I felt able
to solo him. Adding a second SO to his beanbag
made a real difference ... and I was getting pretty heavy amounts of influence for him
too ...

#538267 09/30/04 03:33 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You know, all the talk of the supposed upgrade in XP that I have yet to see makes me think they meant influence. Since the update I've noticed the influence really comes in quick. Hell, Snake had over 50K before hitting 10th level and that was with stocking 5's and 10's as he could.

#538268 09/30/04 04:32 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<marquee behavior=alternate>LADIES, GENTLEMEN, & SENTINENTS ALL!!!</marquee>

I am pleased to present.....

/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Condo in his new attire !!! BouncingBoy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#538269 09/30/04 04:54 PM
Active
Active
Looking good!

#538270 09/30/04 05:06 PM
Leader
Leader
Wow, Condo looks so dashing! I'm insanely jealous.

And after this absolutely horrendous day, I won't get to play. I'm still at work. I hate Thursdays!!!!!

About nerfing the TF, boy that sucks. After all they've put us through the last couple weeks. Sigh.

But at least they also nerfed some of the bad guys, notably Lts and Bosses, and nerfed the Tsoo caltrops. (I went and looked at the official update page.)

#538271 09/30/04 06:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Heh.

So what's the grand plan now, guys? Now
that we can't we use the TF to level up
on the cheap ... what do we want to do
next?

#538272 09/30/04 06:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I knew there was something wrong with those damn caltrops last night. No way should they affect flying heroes. Especially those who weren't part of the fight that caused them to be thrown down. Guess there was some good with the bad.

And Condo looks great in a cape. I may get one for Garth but I'll probably chance his outfit to his old uniform for a better look.

#538273 09/30/04 08:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Scott,

I read that power leveling guide you refer to,
and I found some information there that made me
feel better about Blue and his power set. I have
not hunted in Dark Astoria for a while now... not
since the Shamans got the chain stuns which made
it impossible for me to solo there ... though I'd
love to get our Legion teams in there ...
especially the Infinity one.

Anyway, I went to Talos and started hunting
in a more careful manner for Blue. I'm not
tackling huge mobs that can kill me because
I run out of juice. I'm tackling a boss and
a few minions at a time. When I see that things
are getting hairy for me, I bolt.

I've got Beanbag double slotted with SO
disorients now. I don't think I had more
than one in them until I hit 24, but at
this level you need two to be able to stun
the bosses. As you run Snake, be sure to
keep the beanbag as effective as possible.
It's never going to do great damage, but
it's definitely a good way to take out the
bosses.

Guys, the mishs at this level are giving XP
at a rate that seems huge to me after doing
so many lower level character mishs. I'm
getting over 900 points of xp for mish
completion ... I had 3500 points of debt for
Blue when I started today, and I got that
wiped out in no more than 3 hours of play.

One more bubble-- about 6812 points, and Blue
levels to 25. Gets a second title and a 3rd
row of inspirations ... 8-)

Hey, Vee... now that Condo is at 20 you're going
to have to power level everyone! 8-)

#538274 10/01/04 03:16 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Blue Battler:
Hey, Vee... now that Condo is at 20 you're going
to have to power level everyone! 8-)
Condo's always available to assist fellow Legionnaires, but his fellow Legionnaires seem to prefer having Mysa around instead for some reason. laugh

#538275 10/01/04 03:06 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Regarding the Cape mission:

SPOILERS......
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
Condo had to do this twice, mostly because of false assumptions on my part regarding inspirations. There's really is no reason that this can't be done fairly easily in about an hour or so for anyone.

The mission itself includes 4 tasks:

1- Visit Paco Sanchez in Galaxy City - he's right across the street from the tram

2- Visit Lt. Linda (?) Something else elseOrOther in Skyway City - She's in the Land of the Lost but easy to get to with flight. Without flight you need to be a bit more careful but by lvl 20 you shouldn't have much trouble with anything you might encounter

3- Visit Justin (?) in Independece Port - he's all the way up at the far north end of the map just above the docks. Lvl 24-26 baddies in the area so be careful if not flying to him.

All three tell you a little something about their memories/experience with Hero 1 then send you on. The last contact (in IP) tells you to visit the Hero 1 memorial. That's the last mission and you'l have to clear out all the baddies.

4- Memorial door mission - Your instructions for this mission are to clear out all the baddies in the Memorial and safeguard the time capsule that houses the artifacts memorializing Hero 1 and his companions. (The time capsule is actually that same glass case you've seen numerous times housing such things as magic books or weapons, etc)

The mission can either be Lost or Rikti, but I got Lost both times so I imagine only higher levels get Rikti. The setting is futuristic scene like Positron final mish. The Lost were all lvl 20 & 21 for Condo (who was at lvl 20) almost evenly split between minions and Lieut (Anathema's with sleep like Aberrants or Eremites). Both times I only had two levels to clear out. (There were lots of doors and walls that looked like they should open but didn't so I imagine at higher levels there is much more to do.)

The key is to go very slowly and carefully, picking baddies off one at a time as you go. Sniping & running is the prefered tactic. (Most times you'll get an Anathema as well as the Minion you sniped) so I picked a spot to run to where I could hover high up in the air and blast down at them.

BEWARE of the Sleep power for the Lts., they can knock you down from the air.

Two to three rooms/locations per level with maybe 6-10 baddies in each of the larger rooms and a few baddies patroling in some corridors.

The final location will catch you by surprise. It comes much sooner than you would expect in a normal lvl 20ish mission.

You need to be very careful once you get here. As soon as the "mob" around the time capsule notice you, they will begin trying to destroy the time capsule by pounding on it. You need to finish them off BEFORE they destroy it. (Like a Sky Raider field generator, is has a health bar that you could monitor to check on it, if you had time.)

Make sure you scout out the entire area to be sure there isn't a 2nd or even a 3rd group in the vicinity besides those you initially see. They are easily aggroed so you need to take everyone else out first BEFORE you try for the group "doing the cheers" surrounding the time capsule. As soon as you "kill" the last guy in that group, you get a "Mission Complete" and can go buy your cape. (Depending on your level and the accessories you buy it will cost you about 10,000-12,000 influence maybe a little more. If you wait to do your mission until you are higher than lvl 20, the cape is more expensive.)

TIPS:

1) You really shouldn't need any Catch a Breathes because you should not have to deal with more than one or two baddies at a time, if you take it slow and play it smart. You will, however, need plenty of disciplines and heals. I actually interrupted my assualt at one point during attempt #2 to go restock on inspirations. YOU WILL NEED THEM.

2) Go slow - SLOWER! Turn off sprint when you are searching. I died a few times on attempt one because I came across a group of baddies unexpectedly. Before I knew it I was fighting them and didn't have time to plan my battle and pick my spot. Second attempt, I only turned sprint on just before sniping a minion. Then I ran like hell to my spot (usually just on the other side of the nearest doorway or someplace with a high ceiling), hovered up into the air, turned off sprint, popped a discipline, and waited for him (and, usually, his companion Anathema) to reach me. If you use my hover tactic, make sure you are up high enough that the Anathema can't reach you with those huge body-sized blades the Lost bosses sometimes carry hidden on there back somewhere.

3) The Time Capsule is not in jeopardy until that last group spots you. You can take 6 hours to reach it if you want and nothing will happen. It is NOT a timed mission.

4) Stop after defeating each pair you battle and wait until you are fully healed. Do not use your heals to speed up the mission. You'll need all of them and all of your disciplines to battle the Anathemas. Go buy some more if you need to during the mission.

5) Painstakingly plan out each battle before engaging.

6) Make sure all your defensive powers are fully slotted with enhancements as well as your attacks. And most importantly, make use of all of your powers don't just attack mindlessly.

I realize Condo is a blaster and my tactics won't work for tankers or scrappers. You'll need to adjust tactics accordingly since you can't fight and hover at the same time. But you can go toe to toe with them much better than a blaster can.

I realy think defenders will have the most trouble with this mish (I'm a little worried for Mysa). I think Controllers will do well because of their long range & debilitating arsenal (confusion, mind blasts, flash, etc.) However, I think it can be completed even by a defender.

I've read that the mobs increase in number dramatically with more people and with each level, so I wouldn't suggest taking more than one (two at the very most) others along for help.

Hope this is a clear enough decription of the mission. Let me know if you all have any questions or if there's something I didn't expalin well enough.

PS: DM & UltraStar, it would be great to get your opinions on the above. I think you two are the only other posters here that have done the cape mish. Agree or disagree with the recommendations?

#538276 10/01/04 03:53 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And here's something interesting I noticed in the summary about this weeks update (I added the bold for emphasis)

Missions:

* Changed the first task of the Sister Psyche Task Force mission.
* Changed the first task of the Synapse Task Force mission.
* Changed the first task of the Bastion Task Force mission
* Fixed a bug affecting some missions that prevented players other than the one originally assigned the mission from being given rewards for completing the mission.
* Fixed bugs causing villains to jump through walls on many mission maps, often making missions impossible to complete.

#538277 10/01/04 08:05 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well the week that got off to a perfect start ends the same way.

I come home tonight to find Caroline's brand new computer, purchased for my birthday in May, fried. Even though it was hooked to a Belkin surge protector I guess the motherboard still got shorted out during a power blip today. Spent the last 2 hours on the phone with HP and, although the cost of everything is still covered under warranty, Caroline will be without a computer for at least 2 weeks while it is shipped in for repairs.

So she'll be offline for a couple of weeks. I'll probably not play either since it won't be fair to her for me to be able to play and her not. She won't use my laptop either.

#538278 10/01/04 10:28 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Aw,man. That really sucks ... poor Caroline
will be nuts without her herocrack ... 8-(

#538279 10/02/04 02:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ok, I need to know if anyone else has heard of this one.

My laptop is running fine, I'm posting here and doing some work and decide to take Garth out for a spin. Try out his beefed up powers some more and work down his debt. As usual I'm getting mapserver errors left and right. But then my laptop shuts down. I mean it shuts all the way off. Never happened before at all (not just game related). So I boot up, log in and of course I've lost earned xp and gained back debt so I play some more. Bam. Again. WTF? So I avoid logging in (after filing a bug report) and have no problems at all.

After another hour or so of running okay I log in again and get invited to a team going to the Hollows. Usually I refuse teams unless its you guys but I wanted to get rid of debt. So I go and we have fun on a cave mission, kicking Troll butt. I play at least a couple of hours around the Hollows, doing two solo missions after the team breaks up. So I head back to Steel Canyon (where all my trouble was happening) and I'm not there 15 minutes when my PC shuts down again.

I'm really ticked now. Especially since this time when I got back in I had been killed by something. I filed another bug report. Decided to kill some Nazis to clear out my new debt and bam. Again. I say f this, log in to make sure I'm okay and park at the Yellow.

Has this happened to anyone else before? I know its the game because I'm spending hours on line doing other things and spent hours in the Hollows without an issue. It just seems to be when I go to Steel.

#538280 10/02/04 03:08 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No that's not happened to me although I do seem to get lots of mapserve problems in Steel, particularly nearer the tram.

Page 49 of 70 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,053
Posts1,048,709
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Oracle Boy
Oracle Boy
The 'Net
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star