Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 9 Murran Spies, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 12:11 PM
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 10:32 AM
What I found today at my LCS!
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 10:30 AM
What if the JLA had been the children of the JSA?
by thoth lad - 09/22/24 09:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/22/24 07:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/22/24 03:22 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/22/24 03:22 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/22/24 02:16 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 70 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#538206 09/29/04 08:33 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is Garth, at 14 (and a couple of bubbles) to low to run with you guys on this XP farming? I'd love to clear out the debt he collected from the TF and get him up to a 20.

#538207 09/29/04 08:38 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott, I think he needs to be at least a 16 for the Synapse TF. If you can get on early, I could help you level him up if you'd like. Condo's half way to level 20 so we can blow away a number of higher level baddies together.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#538208 09/29/04 08:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Does he have to be 16 or can he sk to someone? With his debt (4k+) I don't think there is anyway to get him to a 16 that quick.

#538209 09/29/04 08:56 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Does he have to be 16 or can he sk to someone?
He can't SK into a TF. This XP farming is basically the first three missions of the Synapse TF which you do over & over. One person stays at Synapse and creates the team, a fast runner or flyer heads to Steel to do a Patrol mish to four locations (then heads to Positron), the others go into Perez through gate in Skyway and take out a bunch of clocks. Steel runner speaks to Positron and you disband, reform team and do it all over again. You all get about 1300 Xp each time and it takes about 10 minutes all told.

With his debt (4k+) I don't think there is anyway to get him to a 16 that quick.
Wanna bet? laugh

#538210 09/29/04 09:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
With his debt (4k+) I don't think there is anyway to get him to a 16 that quick.
Wanna bet? laugh [/QB]
Unless there have been major changes I'll take that bet. It took Gung 2 MONTHS to get from 15 to 16 with running around with teams in their 20's. Like I said, a lightning blaster is screwed. I'll never build another one.

#538211 09/29/04 09:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
While I'm thinking about it, I'd like to get everyone's (anyone's) opinion on if you think this is a glitch I should have reported or not.

I was running Snake for a couple of hours last night. No debt and solo. He faced two 10th level Gardvords back to back but they (the Gardvords) were in seperate groups. The first one only gave Snake 18 xp. 18! The second one gave him either 32 or 34 which should be about the norm for a lieutant one level below.

What do you think may have caused only the 18 xp for the first one? I nearly died fighting the bastard and to only get 18 xp kinda ticked me off.

#538212 09/29/04 09:32 AM
Leader
Leader
The 18 one had probably been attacked by another player not as tenacious as you -- maybe brought him down halfway in HP before having to flee. By the time you found him, he'd recovered his HP but was still linked to that other player.

#538213 09/29/04 09:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So if they are fully recovered you still only get credit for a partial 'arrest'? That, to me, is a serious flaw. Once fully recovered then their xp should be reset and only given to the one to arrest them.

I hadn't noticed this before in any other arrests but I really only pay attention to the lt's and bosses when it comes to xp.

#538214 09/29/04 10:00 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think it only resets if the other player is killed and has to go to the hospital. He probably received the other half of the xp thanks to your efforts.

#538215 09/29/04 10:16 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Shadow Lad just picked up this mission last night, so he'll be happy to help. I wonder if it'll count toward both of us, like the farming missions usually do.
Let's try it, if that doesn't happen we'll have experience for tacking it again.

As to when, I would like to do some TF XP farming. as I agree that it will probably be nerfed, though how they can do it without being mean to people who actually want to finish the TF will probably be a challenge.
The interpretation of this "glitch" that I'm hearing on the boards is that the first mission gives out too much mission XP compared to the work required. However, I think I read, too, that all the mission XP is the same, so it may be a comlicated glitch to deal with, requiring that they re-do the TF so that you have to get through some of the tougher misisons first.

Basically it sounds like another TF with design issues.

While I'm thinking about it, I'd like to get everyone's (anyone's) opinion on if you think this is a glitch I should have reported or not.

I was running Snake for a couple of hours last night. No debt and solo. He faced two 10th level Gardvords back to back but they (the Gardvords) were in seperate groups. The first one only gave Snake 18 xp. 18! The second one gave him either 32 or 34 which should be about the norm for a lieutant one level below.

What do you think may have caused only the 18 xp for the first one? I nearly died fighting the bastard and to only get 18 xp kinda ticked me off.
That sounds like a bug to me. Try sending a /bug report immeidately afterwards if it happens again. According to them, a report done with /bug logs location and recent activity.

#538216 09/29/04 10:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Vee:
I think it only resets if the other player is killed and has to go to the hospital. He probably received the other half of the xp thanks to your efforts.
Then why the hell do I spend my time getting killed when I can run around Steel (or some other nice XP collection area), knock 'em down to half life then just run and hide?

Or am I just real slow and just now noticing this is the way to do things? That's just about as bad as kill stealing.

#538217 09/29/04 11:02 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Agreed, but haven't you ever noticed that you get XP when someone kills one of your runners that get away from you?

#538218 09/29/04 11:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually no. I'm a hound. I don't let any runners get away. laugh

And I have noticed something. When I'm killed, especially in KR, a lot of the groups that have killed me are not there when I go back for revenge. Especially if an EID was involved. Three times recently I've been killed by a group with an EID but when I went back, no group there nor have I received any XP for anyone else killing them. Is there a time, lag, between getting killed and going to the hospital when you aren't eligible for the XP from a group you were attacking but was finished by others?

#538219 09/29/04 11:20 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I realize that if the hospital is in a different zone, say the AP hospital if you are killed in Perez, you won't receive anything unless you get back to that zone prior to the group getting arrested. But KR, where I've noticed this, is in the same area. And my hunting ground is not that far from the hosptial. Sometimes I can get back and find a group still recovering but not like I used to.

Caroline even mentioned the other day she saw a group just disappear that she was running away from. Perhaps they now have boundaries they cannot cross and that eliminates the xp from being earned?

Then there is the old kill stealing Police Drones. I still think that is totally unfair. If another player can kill and you still get some xp then the same ought to be true for drone arrests.

#538220 09/29/04 11:26 AM
Active
Active
Then why the hell do I spend my time getting killed when I can run around Steel (or some other nice XP collection area), knock 'em down to half life then just run and hide?

Or am I just real slow and just now noticing this is the way to do things? That's just about as bad as kill stealing.
I've actually heard of (a small number of) people doing this... mostly fire blasters (best AoE) running around in hazard zones, throwing a couple of AoE attacks and running. If someone finishes that mob before within two minutes they get a portion of the XP.

It's kinda high work and IMO the risk isn't that low and the reward not that high IMO. I guess it depends where you are and your playstyle.

On the streets of Perez it wouldn't be so hard, but in some other hazard zones (Hollows) I find it harder to get away from mobs, so the danger isn't that much less. You only get a small part of the XP and that's if someone else comes along and decides to take that group out (and in higher level zones I think you're likely to have more players who won't fight villains with partial damage because they could be a runner who's returned to the spawn location, with the hero off on another runner's escape route).

And I have noticed something. When I'm killed, especially in KR, a lot of the groups that have killed me are not there when I go back for revenge. Especially if an EID was involved. Three times recently I've been killed by a group with an EID but when I went back, no group there nor have I received any XP for anyone else killing them. Is there a time, lag, between getting killed and going to the hospital when you aren't eligible for the XP from a group you were attacking but was finished by others?
I've gone and put a thumbtack on the map when I died a few times and did find the same group there most times, if I got there quick enough.

I've also gotten XP when others have taken care of your mob, however that only happens if I'm out of the hospital when the kill takes place. Being in the hospital seems to be treated like you're in a different zone from those bad guys.

#538221 09/29/04 11:41 AM
Active
Active
By the way, I mentioned this last night in-game, Cryptic is having a City of Heroes costume contest .

Finally…your chance to have a valid, officially sanctioned, excuse to show off your heroic alter ego on the streets and sidewalks of the real world—without people stopping to point and ogle!

It’s easy – just pick one of your City of Heroes characters and dress up as him/her for Halloween. Go out in public and take a couple of digital photos of yourself, then submit those, along with an in-game screenshot of your hero (for comparison purposes). Those that best re-create their hero in the real world will win fantastic prizes. (See entry details in the Official Rules and Conditions below).
Oh, how I wish I had the bod to go out as The 4th of July Kid

#538222 09/29/04 11:48 AM
Active
Active
Then there is the old kill stealing Police Drones. I still think that is totally unfair. If another player can kill and you still get some xp then the same ought to be true for drone arrests.
Yeah, I think you should get partial XP for things that get zapped by the police drone.

Then again maybe that's to prevent players from taking on dangerous foes and leading them to the drone to get partial XP, (better partial XP than full XP from a smaller foe)?

BTW, am I the only one that has a hard time getting out of the hospital? Most of the time I click on the elevator doors I get such a long pause before an elevator comes.

#538223 09/29/04 12:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
[b]Then there is the old kill stealing Police Drones. I still think that is totally unfair. If another player can kill and you still get some xp then the same ought to be true for drone arrests.
Yeah, I think you should get partial XP for things that get zapped by the police drone.

Then again maybe that's to prevent players from taking on dangerous foes and leading them to the drone to get partial XP, (better partial XP than full XP from a smaller foe)?

BTW, am I the only one that has a hard time getting out of the hospital? Most of the time I click on the elevator doors I get such a long pause before an elevator comes.[/b]
That's been happening to me a lot more recently as well. It seems you have to be in a certain spot exactly the right distance from the door (either elevator or front door) before it will open. Otherwise it just freezes up and eventually you can try again.

I've also noticed I seem to be exiting the elevator on the ground floor facing back to the elevator rather than forward a lot more too.

#538224 09/29/04 12:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've noticed both of those as well as having a harder time with the tram doors when clicking on them.

#538225 09/29/04 12:32 PM
Active
Active
BTW, I've filed a couple bug reports about the in-mission doors that we started seeing in update 2. In two cases I've seen villains jump through these closed doors. In one case it was a glass door, so I could see it being a line-of-sight thing, but the other was a rolldown metal door. I have no idea how to realistically explain that.

#538226 09/29/04 01:19 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Not sure whether or not to be proud of this but Condo just received the Tough badge, awarded for enduring more than one hundred thousand points of damage shake eek

#538227 09/29/04 01:21 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
BTW, I've filed a couple bug reports about the in-mission doors that we started seeing in update 2. In two cases I've seen villains jump through these closed doors. In one case it was a glass door, so I could see it being a line-of-sight thing, but the other was a rolldown metal door. I have no idea how to realistically explain that.
Have you gotten a response? I've heard lots of people complaining that since issue #2, the response from the GMs has been abysmal.

#538228 09/29/04 01:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ouch!

I wonder if Garth will get a special badge for the number of deaths he's had?

#538229 09/29/04 01:32 PM
Active
Active
There are three badges that are awarded either for dying X number of times or making up x points of debt.

I've sent bug reports and petitions and in both cases the response has been slow and frequently consisted of "We tried to help but you were offline at the time." I think most of them have taken care of themselves... in one case I had a problem where I couldn't get into my mission. I sent a petition and it wasn't a problem anymore once I logged in again.

#538230 09/29/04 01:35 PM
Active
Active
Ah, it's the Unwavering, Unyielding and Unbroken Spirit badges.

Page 47 of 70 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,053
Posts1,048,712
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ger
Ger
Dallas, TX
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star