Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 09/23/24 09:50 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/23/24 09:38 AM
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
by thoth lad - 09/23/24 05:16 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:51 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:49 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:49 AM
What if the JLA had been the children of the JSA?
by Mattropolis - 09/22/24 03:57 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 70 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537931 09/05/04 06:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
And I understand what you guys are saying, but
I've seen the early parts of Paragon City a lot
now ... I'm ready to see places lke Terra Volta
and Crey's Folly and the like... 8-)

#537932 09/06/04 12:00 AM
Active
Active
Don't get me wrong, Blue. I definitely want to see those things, too. It's just that for what I pay a month, I might as well enjoy what I can't get on other RPG's. If all I want is to power level in order to get cool new powers, I can just go get Diablo II.

#537933 09/06/04 12:08 AM
Active
Active
Oh, and if you're ever on Virtue, keep an eye out for a brand new Legionnaire - Silver Slasher! What's that, you say? She's a villain? Ah, but it's time travel my friend. She has just been deformed, but has not yet become cold and callous as a result of her shell. The Dark Man realized that that would take time so he sent her back to the past, where she will slowly become more and more cold-hearted and distant from the rest of the world. Then he will bring her back to the future where she will be ready to serve as his assassin.

This explains why the Legion could fail to save Dryad (or whatever the planet was first called) when the Assassins were still kids, yet faced the League of Super Assassins when Slasher & Company were fully grown.

Hmmm, Titania and Lazon are both doable. Blok is definitely doable. I think Mist Master and Neutrax are both out of the question.

Anyway, I was a bit dissapointed with they way she came out. There really wasn't a whole lot to go with when making her costume. She basically looks like a blue lady with a darker blue swimsuit on. Now that I think about it, that's about all she looked like in her first appearance, too.

Slasher has always been one of my favorites, so I couldn't wait for City of Villains to create her. As soon as I saw one of the other players pull some spin move, I knew I had to create her. Luckily I ran into Dirk Morgna who went and got Garth Ranzz to fully induct her into the Leggionnaires of Virtue!

#537934 09/06/04 05:38 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Can't wait to meet all of these newbies!

As soon as my internet connection improves & stabilizes, I'll be back to CoH.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537935 09/06/04 05:43 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Silver Slasher sounds very cool! I'm also anxiously awaiting CoV. Beauty Blaze, of course is a future villain, and my Validus & Empress will be back for that as well. Lazon? Hmmmmmm.....

#537936 09/06/04 08:54 AM
Active
Active
For kicks I decided to log on to the Task Force and see what the next mission was about. I saw that I was facing lvl.15 Clocks, so I decided to go ahead and clean up on them a bit to reduce my debt. Well, I found that I could easily handle the whole thing by myself. I killed everything except the boss (which was the objective of the mission) but I was pretty confident I could have killed him as well. I got rid of 300 debt too!

I got worried that I might have ruined things for the team, so I logged off and then logged back on and all of the Clocks were right back where they were. I think it's the esact same map, too which is pretty basic.

Then I got killed and got my 300 debt back :-(

#537937 09/06/04 08:55 AM
Active
Active
Vee! Glad to see you're ok! Hope everything's ok for you in hurricane-land.

#537938 09/06/04 10:24 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by CM3 Vee:
Can't wait to meet all of these newbies!

As soon as my internet connection improves & stabilizes, I'll be back to CoH.
Hey, Vee.

Welcome back, buddy!

#537939 09/06/04 02:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Glad you came through better this round Vee! Hopefully this will be it for the season.

Got Dirk up to 14 and a couple of bubbles and took Health for him. He is still pretty much holding his own, taking out Lead Shockers and Lead Bricks without a problem. He has yet to check in with a contact. I guess I should get that out of the way soon, just so I have a couple of them. But you know Dirk. Always a hothead, not wanting to follow orders. laugh

#537940 09/06/04 02:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:
Glad you came through better this round Vee! Hopefully this will be it for the season.

Got Dirk up to 14 and a couple of bubbles and took Health for him. He is still pretty much holding his own, taking out Lead Shockers and Lead Bricks without a problem. He has yet to check in with a contact. I guess I should get that out of the way soon, just so I have a couple of them. But you know Dirk. Always a hothead, not wanting to follow orders. laugh
I fought a little bit with Andrew today. Damn
scorchers continue to be a problem even though
I have two slotso n resist elements that slotted
with 15 do damage resists... annoys the heck out
of me...

#537941 09/06/04 02:58 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Sounds like you're really enjoying Dirk, Scott! And yeah, you probably should check in with a contact eventually. laugh

#537942 09/06/04 03:08 PM
Active
Active
Good to hear you're okay, Vee.

I've mostly been trying to get The Gear Queen leveled in order to form the SG. However, I couldn't resist and created another character for the SG, Kiri-Kimi, the Princeof Mists. Here's his origin:

In the dimension known as Axis America, the Imperial Wind has maintained their power with a vicious program that aims to detect and train powered humans. The rigid program has a high mortality rate, especially since the program's final exam is to kill an assigned classmate.
With the defeat of the Riechsman at the hands of the heroes of Paragon City, the resistance forces organized by Rebecca Foss expanded their attention to include Asia, helping the "recruits" of the Imperial Wind's training academy escape. The recruits are often sent to "our" dimension of Paragon City to learn proficiency in their powers with (relatively) little danger.
Kiri-Kimi, the Prince of Mists, may have been one of the sons of the legendary Lord of Frosts but that didn't get him any preferential treatment in the academy. However, it did make him a high-value target for Foss' team, who was able to get him to Paragon City. Now his task is to master his powers for his return to him home dimension.

---
Notes:
Axis America is, like DC's old Earth-X. An alternate dimension where the Axis won WWII. Reportedly you get a mission to Axis America sometime after lvl 40. The Reichsman was that dimension's Stateman.

The Imperial Wind was Japan's super team during WWII, run by the Lord of Frosts, who disappeared after killing his rival Captain Volocano.

Rebecca Foss in "our" dimension founded Hero Corps.

The assasination of your classmate as a final exam was inspired by Battle Royale, a horror novel set in an alternate universe where Japan didn't quite lose WWII and entire classes of sophomores are abducted to an isolated location and forced to kill each other until only one survives. Manga and movie adaptations changed the setting to a disfuctional future where reality TV has gone to extremes, bleah.

#537943 09/06/04 03:29 PM
Active
Active
Oh, yeah, funny story.

It's a good thing I checked. Initially I wanted to name my character Kaguya Kimi, after one of my favorite folk tales, that of Kaguya Hime the Moon Princess. Silly me, I always figured the second part of the title was a direct transtlation of the first part. Since I knew Hime means princess I figured Kaguya means Moon.

Good thing I double checked that in an online dictionary. It turns out Kaguya means bamboo (or, interestingly, furniture). See, in the fairy tale, a childless old couple pray for a child and eventually the old man finds a baby girl in the (bamboo) woods on a pile of coins. She was sent by the lord of the moon and is therefore the Moon Pricess, but the title Kaguya Hime refers to her being found in the bamboo.

So. Instead of making the Prince of Mists, I initially created the Prince of Bamboo Furniture. And does he have a deal for you...

#537944 09/06/04 05:34 PM
Leader
Leader
lol

And glad to see you're OK, Vee. Maybe we can clean up this TF this Wednesday.

#537945 09/06/04 05:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Oh, yeah, funny story.

It's a good thing I checked. Initially I wanted to name my character Kaguya Kimi, after one of my favorite folk tales, that of Kaguya Hime the Moon Princess. Silly me, I always figured the second part of the title was a direct transtlation of the first part. Since I knew Hime means princess I figured Kaguya means Moon.

Good thing I double checked that in an online dictionary. It turns out Kaguya means bamboo (or, interestingly, furniture). See, in the fairy tale, a childless old couple pray for a child and eventually the old man finds a baby girl in the (bamboo) woods on a pile of coins. She was sent by the lord of the moon and is therefore the Moon Pricess, but the title Kaguya Hime refers to her being found in the bamboo.

So. Instead of making the Prince of Mists, I initially created the Prince of Bamboo Furniture. And does he have a deal for you...
LOL!

#537946 09/06/04 05:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
lol

And glad to see you're OK, Vee. Maybe we can clean up this TF this Wednesday.
That would be nice.

I'd love to get Andrew up to level 16...

8-)

#537947 09/06/04 06:00 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Oh, I'm still waiting ot meet the
Gear Queen too. 8-)

#537948 09/06/04 07:12 PM
Active
Active
Well, I won't be around Wednesday (or Tuesday through Friday, probably Saturday, for that matter), but by all means go on without me. I have to say that I didn't have as much fun as I had hoped on the Task Force. It was fun teaming with everyone, and sitting and chatting while we're all waiting to be revived. But after losing Pete for the umpteenth time, I was starting to get a bit frustrated. I'm now about 5500 in debt, and it's going to take some time to get out of that.

I'm not against the TF's, just maybe with a smaller group. I wanted to work on Pete the other day, but after seeing his debt I just didn't really feel like doing it. That's what led to me starting Silver Slasher.

I'm not going to abandon Pete, just take a break from him for awhile. Hope you guys finish the TF ok!

#537949 09/06/04 11:20 PM
Active
Active
Well, looking at the outline, we still may need Pete's help on the TF come Sunday, or whenever we have time again. I think we learned a bit about this one for the next time we form Task Force Trinity. Smaller teams does sound like the ideal, which would make organizing easier.

I've got Trolkin Hottie, FlameBrickette and Eidol Mage on The Gear Queen and Kiri-Kimi's friend lists, so whenever we're online at the same time. I think I saw Vee online shortly, but I was soloing and in the middle of the battle when I got the notification and by the time I could send a tell, it said he was gone.

Unfortunately, Kiri-Kimi had a bad teaming experience today. The team leader, excepting a few moments, did nothing but seek out glowies. Once in a while he helped with a battle, but he mostly looked for glowies. One battle he charged right into a mob and went right past them to the glowie. The rest of us try to deal with them, and then he runs on looking for more and bringing more mobs to us. As soon as the mish finished everyone made an excuse and signed off...

Sigh, some people don't know how to play with others. I'm glad school's starting...

#537950 09/07/04 02:27 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, I was on CoH for a few moments on various servers but my connection was so lousy that I kept losing mapserve, so I quickly gave up. Hopefully my connection will stabilize shortly.

#537951 09/07/04 04:53 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by CM3 Vee:
Yeah, I was on CoH for a few moments on various servers but my connection was so lousy that I kept losing mapserve, so I quickly gave up. Hopefully my connection will stabilize shortly.
Heh.

All these months later, and I'm still telling
myself that, Vee ... laugh

#537952 09/07/04 10:54 AM
Active
Active
Actually, I'm hoping the servers will get a little more reliable soon. With school starting, that should cut down the server usage greatly, as students have less time to play online. I think we've already seen a migration of the 8-hour-a-day players to 4 or 2 hours a day, just based on how I don't see as many "red" servers as I used to.

With less undercollege students online, I'm hoping to see the community get a little more mature, as well.

#537953 09/07/04 02:21 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I finally thought of a Borg to make.
What server was that on, Ultra Star?

#537954 09/07/04 02:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I haven't seen a red server in quite some time. But I do notice a lot of the same servers under the yellow status. Virtue is almost always yellow.

#537955 09/07/04 02:39 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I've still been playing on Pinnacle... I don't have problems very often

Touch the magic...
Page 36 of 70 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,053
Posts1,048,736
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
googoomuck
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Andorian Lantern
Andorian Lantern
New York, NY
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star