Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:12 PM
Kill This Thread LV - ain't Louis Vuitton
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:12 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 09/23/24 09:50 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:53 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:51 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:49 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/23/24 02:49 AM
What if the JLA had been the children of the JSA?
by Mattropolis - 09/22/24 03:57 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 70 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537881 09/01/04 10:19 AM
Active
Active
The Gear Queen is over on the Freedom Server. I'd love to have a SG inspired by CoH mythos. However, I recomend checking out this site first...

http://mysite.verizon.net/res71atq/index.html

It's a fanfic site that tries to pull out all the clues the game has given us to the mythos of Paragon City and fill in the gaps. It's incomplete, check out the Clockwork King's entry. It has some good potential for inspiration...

Man, that respec sounds cooler than I imagined... I've got a katana/dark scrapper and I picked Stealth for him, which has been useful, but I've been told dark armor has its own cooler version of Stealth.

#537882 09/01/04 12:56 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just a reminder about tonight.

Mysa is stationed outside the hospital in KR right next to Genevieve (one of Mysa's conatcts). If you need to restock on inspirations, meet her there when you log on tonight before we enter the next mish. (I may be on with Condo or someone else, so just look for one of my incarnations and I'll switch over to Mysa.)

I think we've got a good plan in place for tonight. Hope it works! If not be ready to battle an initial group of lvl 17 clocks as soon as we go through the door into the mish.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537883 09/01/04 02:47 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Originally posted by Varalent:
[b]Scott: I see you and I are trying out the same thing. I'm doing it with Beauty Blaze over on Infinty and I must say I really like the Fire/Fire blaster. Slotted with almost all damage enhancements it's really very powerful.
That's all I have Dirk slotted with, not counting Health and such. The only thing I'm unsure of is I took Fire Sword Circle last night when he hit 10. I've never had it before but I wanted another AoE power for him. [/b]
I did that with Blue Battlette, putting nothing
but damages in her powers and she's got four
attacks now. She really kicks butt in a major
way.

On the other hand, I did the same thing to
Red Bee and ran him with Grem's Sand Dog
character last night. He got his butt kicked
in a major way when going up against baddies
who were just two levels higher than he was.
He has electrical powers as secondary, and
none of those seemed to do much in the way
of damage ... even his havoc punch was kind
of useless.

Scott, I have fire sword melee for Blue
Battler as you may remember. I've found
that it's sort of a catch as catch can.
When it works, it does a lot of damage,
but it seems to miss more often than it
hits.

I read the respec stuff because I was hoping
I could maybe change things for Blue, but I
don't see that the respec thing does any good
at all. It may let you switch out a power that
didn't work out, but you're still stuck with the
same power set so if the power set sucks you're
not getting anything but another bad choice.

I've thought about restarting Blue on another
server as an energy/tech blaster as I really
don't care for the assault rifle now that I've
hit the mid-twenties and the devices set includes
such things as the targeting drone, smoke bombs,
and a form of invisibility that doesn't gimp your
rate of motion.

#537884 09/01/04 04:25 PM
Active
Active
From http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/cityofheroes/news_6106190.html

"The next update, known as "update 2," will add, among other things, flowing capes that players will be able to add to their characters once they reach level 20. They'll also be able to add permanent visual effects, such as a glowing aura, to their characters starting at level 30. The new update will also include extra content for players of different experience levels, including two all-new areas: the Hollows, a fairly low-level zone for characters between levels 5 to 15, and the Shadowshard, an interdimensional anomaly intended for characters of levels 40 to 50. The update will also add an all-new "badge" system to the game that will award players special badges for completing certain missions for task forces (the game's persistent character groups, equivalent to "guilds" in other online games), including bonus additions like accolades (which are specific combinations of badges) that can grant additional powers to characters of all levels, even those at the lofty level of 50....

New City of Heroes features revealed

NCsoft and Cryptic Studios say more updates are on the horizon for its superhero-themed massively multiplayer game.
screenshot
more screens (15)
View the slideshow »
Screenshot Index »

GameSpot recently had the opportunity to visit with publisher NCsoft for an upcoming look at the next planned content additions for its massively multiplayer game City of Heroes. The game, which was launched in April of 2004, lets players take on the role of an up-and-coming superhero in a crime-ridden metropolis. NCsoft and Cryptic Studios plan to continually supplement the game with a series of free downloadable patch updates that add more content, as well as with a retail expansion pack, City of Villains, which is planned for release some time next year.

The next update, known as "update 2," will add, among other things, flowing capes that players will be able to add to their characters once they reach level 20. They'll also be able to add permanent visual effects, such as a glowing aura, to their characters starting at level 30. The new update will also include extra content for players of different experience levels, including two all-new areas: the Hollows, a fairly low-level zone for characters between levels 5 to 15, and the Shadowshard, an interdimensional anomaly intended for characters of levels 40 to 50. The update will also add an all-new "badge" system to the game that will award players special badges for completing certain missions for task forces (the game's persistent character groups, equivalent to "guilds" in other online games), including bonus additions like accolades (which are specific combinations of badges) that can grant additional powers to characters of all levels, even those at the lofty level of 50.

The updates will consist of new zones that will be sizable and will offer content in the form of new quests, new instanced missions, and new gameplay features. The Shadowshard region will be especially huge and will consist of four separate subzones. Both new areas will feature new monsters to fight. The Shadowshard region actually exists in a nether realm where landmasses float in space and where they are connected by energy signatures--launch pads that send characters flying to the next island (flying characters will have an easier time of getting around, but they will also encounter flying enemies).

Other future plans for the game include "reverse sidekicking," essentially the converse of City of Heroes' innovative "sidekicking" feature that helped even out disparate character levels. Reverse sidekicking will let higher-level characters temporarily reduce their own character levels to adventure productively with low-level characters...

Other improvements and additions in future updates include a new cross-server chat system, which will let players chat with other players even on different game servers, and a new "trial" quest that will grant players the ability to "re-spec" their characters three times by emptying out whatever enhancements they've spent on their existing powers. Players won't actually be able to choose completely different powers as a result of a design decision. According to Cryptic's Jack Emmert, allowing players to swap too many of their powers would result in players feeling less attached to their characters--that is, they'd seem more like a video game object with a bunch of variables, and less like actual characters that have been developed over time.

Emmert also explained that updates will include the planned "update 3," currently scheduled for December. Update 3 will include the game's "out-of-combat" system, a new type of gameplay beyond exploration or combat. Emmert would not give out any other details."

#537885 09/01/04 07:00 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Well, I'm glad to say that my connection to CoH is again back to normal after a scarey disconnection to all things CoH related.
Don't know how or why this happened but it's the second time I couldnt play, the first time I sent them a message and they fixed the problem but I couldnt even do that this time.
And my copy of the game was store bought so it really makes no sense.

Puts one hellova scare into me and makes me realize what a crack-addict I am with this game.
"I need it! I need it! Give it to me! I can't live without it!"

Anyways...
I just wanted to mention that if there were any Trek fans out there I started 2 SG's in both Infinity and Justice called the Borg Collective.
I met one group on Infinity who use all Borg numerical designations as names (1 of 100, 2 of 100, 70 of 100...and so on) but my T'Pol of Borg character couldn't join them because she has a name not a number.
My SG idea was to have anyone who wants to Borgify any popular TV or comic character can be assimilateed into T'Pol's SG Collective on Infinity or Seven of 9's on Justice.
There's a Locutis of Borg and a Hulk of Borg so far but the possibilities are endless and alot more fun than numbered names.
Think about it, you could have a Kryptonian Borg, or a George Bush Borg, or a Britney Borg or how about a cute little Cindy Brady Borg?

Just letting you guys know in case anyone's interested and you have character slots on either of those 2 servers.

Should be running into you folks a bit more this week cause I got a week off. (Yay!!!)

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537886 09/02/04 05:25 AM
Active
Active
Hello Herocrack Babies wink The Taskforce went so much better last night. We took a long time to get organized, but once the strategies were in place we really made progress. I felt good about it and only wished we'd had more time together. I also enjoyed meeting the newest members of the Legionnaires of Virtue, Dirk Morgna, Berta Nightwind, and Sol Boy (the other Dirk char)

As for the other (or should I say latest) ideas for chats, the Paragon City inspired chars and the Borg inspired ones... Well, hell, I am totally addicted and love to create new chars. So, easily decided I'm in!!! Look for Hellion's Ho on what was it? Freedom..... and on Infinity I have already created and introduced LT UHURU-Borg. I bet I have 50 chars now, and some are in SG's where they really have a lot of fun. For those of you who haven't tried an animal based char yet, do it. Animal SG's are a hoot!!!

In real life, special love and best wishes go out to all our friends in Florida and in the areas expected to be hit by the latest hurricane. Bright Blessings that you will be safe. Love you guys!!! love love

#537887 09/02/04 06:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm so tempted to do an Ash of Borg character but no. Gotta stick with what I've got for awhile. I really want to see if I can get Dirk up to the rest of the team's levels in the next week or so.

#537888 09/02/04 12:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Issue #2 has been loaded up to the test server and is now available to try out!

Check out this link if you need to know how to set up the test server and this one for instructions on how to copy a live server character over.

If I wasn't working so damn late I'd be for trying it out!

#537889 09/02/04 12:56 PM
Leader
Leader
My hubby set up on the test server last night. He completed the respec mission but was unsuccessful at respeccing -- hence the test server, I guess. First, it kept kicking him off at the final step, and when it finally did accept his changes, they didn't take.

The cape mission is tough too. He didn't really want a cape for this particular character, but he thought he'd give it a whirl. Part of the mission is to protect an item and deliver it. But instead of just shooting bad guys, the item has its own HP, and the bad guys are aiming for it. He failed, and when I went to bed, he was on his way back to his contact in Atlas Park from Talos Island -- a long trip.

#537890 09/02/04 01:03 PM
Active
Active
The CoH mythos group is on Freedom. It'll be great getting to meet up with Hellion's Ho. I'm thinkng of making a second character inspired by Axis America. Maybe that universe's version of the Lord of Frosts. I just gotta double check that's really in the CoH mythos. (Axis America is CoH's version of Earth X, always one of my favorites.)

I've gone and started focusing on The Gear Queen. She's at LVL 5, now. What should we call the SG?

That TF went well. Can't wait to get back.

#537891 09/02/04 01:40 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scions of Paragon would be cool

#537892 09/02/04 02:23 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
The CoH mythos group is on Freedom. It'll be great getting to meet up with Hellion's Ho. I'm thinkng of making a second character inspired by Axis America. Maybe that universe's version of the Lord of Frosts. I just gotta double check that's really in the CoH mythos. (Axis America is CoH's version of Earth X, always one of my favorites.)

I've gone and started focusing on The Gear Queen. She's at LVL 5, now. What should we call the SG?

That TF went well. Can't wait to get back.
I was thinking of something like Paragon Patrol ... how about Paragons of Freedom? 8-)

#537893 09/02/04 02:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Has anyone tried to use the test server
personally?

You don't lose the character you copy over
tehre, do you?

#537894 09/02/04 03:12 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Haven't tried the test server but I do want to. Blue, you do NOT the character you copy over. It's exactly that...a copy, though you do lose SG & friends becasue those don't exist on the test server.

#537895 09/02/04 03:20 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, I went ahead and created my CoH legacy hero. His name in Eidol Mage and he's a dark defender with energy blast as his secondary. Here's hi bio...

Unwanted and unplanned spawn from an unholy tryst between an Energy Mage of the dread Circle of Thorns and a Mire Eidolon of the deadly Vahzilok, Bastion was abandoned at birth by his "parents".

Raise in the Paragon Orphanage in the shadows of Atlas Plaza, young Bastion grew up idolizing the heroes he saw there on a daily basis, precisely because they were the exact opposite of the parents he despised!

On his eighteenth birthday, as he left the orphanage for the last time, Bas forsook a normal life and made a solemn pledge to Ms. Liberty that he would use the combined powers of his awful inheritance to battle the evil his parents championed.

#537896 09/02/04 03:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Haven't tried the test server but I do want to. Blue, you do NOT the character you copy over. It's exactly that...a copy, though you do lose SG & friends becasue those don't exist on the test server.
Along with the supergroup and friends you'll also lose your influence and enhancements not assigned. Unless they've upgraded that portion. You start out fresh but at whatever level your character is. I'll probably copy Gung over since he's my highest level.

#537897 09/02/04 03:34 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]Haven't tried the test server but I do want to. Blue, you do NOT the character you copy over. It's exactly that...a copy, though you do lose SG & friends becasue those don't exist on the test server.
Along with the supergroup and friends you'll also lose your influence and enhancements not assigned. Unless they've upgraded that portion. You start out fresh but at whatever level your character is. I'll probably copy Gung over since he's my highest level. [/b]
Might be a place for Blue Battler to show up
again... 8-)

#537898 09/02/04 03:44 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present the
astonishing...

FlameBrickette!

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

#537899 09/02/04 03:53 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey UltraStar! Glad you finally got your connection issue resolved on CoH. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Look forward to seing you in Paragon.

#537900 09/02/04 04:26 PM
Active
Active
Check out the notes for the update:

Added To The Training Room 8/31/04:

New City Zones:

• The Hollows – The Trolls have expanded their territory at the expense of the citizens of Eastgate. A once peaceful district has been turned into a battleground, and the Paragon City Police Task Force is in need of help.

• Tunnels of the Trolls – In an ancient realm beneath the city, creatures from the depths of the Earth guard a gateway of almost limitless power.

• Four new zones in an alternate dimension known as the Shadow Shard:

-Firebase Zulu – This military base provides a safe place for heroes to begin their sojourn into the dangerous Shadow Shard.

-The Cascades – Strange vegetation and stern guardians fill this mind bending area.

-The Chantry – This fortress under siege is home to a mysterious being who could be a fearsome foe or a powerful ally.

-Storm Palace – An area of chaotic power, this zone holds many hazards for determined heroes.

New Villain Groups:

• Rularuu – Battle massive Brutes and fearsome Sentries in your efforts to learn about the Shadow Shard.

• Igneous – Face deadly Pumicites and molten Magmites in the Hollows.

Trials:

• Terror Volta – In the devastation following the Rikti War, the Terra Volta reactor is Paragon City’s sole source of power. Unfortunately, the villains know this all too well.

• Prisoners of Eden – Battle the Devouring Earth and free captured heroes before they become the Devoured.

• Transcendent Gateway – Discover what lies at the core of The Hollows.

Mission Enhancements:

• Many missions across all levels have been revamped with the latest features of the game. See the marks many strange villain groups have left upon their surroundings. Smash stolen weapons to smithereens. Use teamwork to bypass Crey’s security protocols. Seek the key to the Outcasts’ inner sanctum – but watch out for the wandering patrols!

Badges:

• Earn badges by visiting locations, learning Paragon City’s history, reaching certain milestones, or completing certain missions. Accolades can be earned by getting all the badges pertaining to a particular "set." There are over 150 different badges in all.

Costume Rewards:

• Capes: Starting at level 20, characters can earn the right to wear a cape. Visit the City Representative in City Hall once you get to level 20 to start your quest.

• Effects: Starting at level 30, characters can earn the right to add constant special effects to their character’s costumes.

Power Re-specification:

• The Terra Volta reactor has been running beyond full capacity for quite some time. Heroes who venture within it may experience untold side-effects.

Exemplar/Aspirants:

• Higher level characters can now help out their lower-level friends easier than ever with this "reverse Sidekicking" feature. Exemplars artificially lower their level to that of the Aspirant. Exemplars will lose access to powers gained after the level they have been lowered to, and their Enhancements will have an appropriate reduction in effectiveness as well. Exemplars do not receive Influence, but 100% of XP received while acting as an Exemplar will go towards debt reduction. If there is no more debt to get rid of then XP will be earned as Influence instead.

Stores:

• Made it possible for you to buy level 40 Magic Enhancements from Ghost Falcon.

Many "Quality of Life" Features:

• The Tutorial is now optional for all players.

• Kiosks are now functional, and track the Victors, Punishers, Healers, and Nemeses on a daily and monthly basis.

• The current team leader can switch the lead to another player with the /makeleader command.

• Sidekicking now requires both the Sidekick and Mentor to be on the same team.

• Sidekicking is no longer persistent (ends when one player leaves the team or logs off).

• Enhancements have a new window where they can be easily traded or deleted.

• Using the "Search" feature, you can now look for prospective team members across zones, sorted by Archetypes and Levels.

• Quick Trade. You can now quickly give an Inspiration or Enhancement to a team-mate or other player. Simply drag the item from your inventory to the player, or right click on the item you wish to trade and select Give.

• Teleportation Confirmation. You can optionally set up a prompt to appear when someone wants to teleport you.

• Resurrection Confirmation. Whenever you are rezzed you will be prompted to accept or decline the Resurrection.

• When you have email in your inbox, the email button will turn red.

• The keybinding page has loads more options.

• Stay off people’s Friends lists (and Supergroup rosters) with the /hide and /unhide commands.

• The Supergroup Message of the Day (MotD) will now display to all members of the Supergroup upon login.

• You can now look at your own Name and Titles by changing the option in the Options screen under General->Reticle->OwnerName.

• Many continuing sound effects now fade.

• The Chat UI and windows have undergone a major overhaul.

• GM chat now shows up in a unique color.

• You can now trade up to 99,999 influence in one trade.

Mission Changes:

• The Numina task force has been limited to players between levels 35-38.

Powers:

• Reduced Tanker and Defender attack powers Endurance Costs.

• Increased the Damage of Tanker/Super Strength/Knockout Blow.

• Increased the Damage of Freezing Touch (both Tanker/Ice Melee and Blaster Ice Manipulation versions).

• Changed Tanker/Super Strength Punch and Haymaker and Stone Melee/Stone Mallet and Heavy Mallet and Battle Axe Gash, Chop and Beheader to a Knock Down, instead of a Knock Back. Villains will still fall just as much, but you will not have to go chase after them as much.

• Increased the Knock Back distance of Super Strength/Foot Stomp and Stone Melee/Tremor and of Battle Axe/Pendulum.

• Fixed a bug that was preventing some powers (powers that Resist Damage) from getting their Recharge and Endurance Buffed/Debuffed (for example, Hasten will now reduce (improve) the recharge time of Unstoppable).

• Modified Ice Patch and Ice slick to ensure a KnockDown instead of a Knock back when used against foes of your level or higher (some lower level foes may get knocked back). Modified their KnockDown chance to work better with the new KnockDown only (they no longer knock villains back out of the slick/patch).

• Provoke now accepts Recharge Enhancements.

• Chilling Embrace now accepts Slow Enhancements.

• Slightly increased the chance and duration of Disorient for Power Punch/Barrage and Super Strength/Jab.

• Increased Damage and Knockback of Tanker/Fiery Aura/Rise of the Phoenix. Also, Rise of the Phoenix will now revive you with 50% END and you will be able to Recover Endurance Normally.

• Fixed Stone Armor/Granite Armor. It was only giving a 15% damage resistance. It now grants a 50% damage resistance and adds Defense. It now also accepts Defense Enhancements. Other attributes of the power remain unchanged.

• Fixed Ice Armor/Hoarfrost, Invulnerability/Dull Pain (Tanker and Scrapper), Stone Armor/Earth's Embrace, and Regeneration/Dull Pain. They were not increasing the Max HP as much as they should at higher levels.

• Fixed bug in Ice Armor/Frozen Armor that was not allowing its damage resistance to get better with Enhancements. Slotting Resist Damage Enhancements in Frozen armor will now increase its damage resistance.

• Stone Armor/Granite Armor no longer debuffs your Accuracy. Instead it debuffs your damage output (to equate to about the same Damage per second as the ACC debuff). This way you can still hold agro as a Tanker (your hits and Taunts will now hit, while still reducing your overall Damage per Second).

• Fixed Burn. It now correctly protects you from Hold, Sleep, and Immobilize.

• "CRITICAL" text will now float when a scrapper lands a critical hit.

• Scrappers can now land Critical hits with all Pool attack powers (like fighting and jump kick for example).

• Scrapper now have an Increased chance to land a Critical Blow on anything ranking higher than a minion (LT, BOSS, ARCHVILLAIN, ETC.) Critical chance for minions or underlings remain the same.

• Increased the amount of Endurance you gain (per villain in the affected area) when you use Dark Armor/Soul Transfer. Slightly increased its affected area.

• Updated Martial Arts attack animations!! Cast/Activation times for almost all these powers were improved and sped up or modified in some way. The resulting set is now much faster than before. Villain equivalents were changed as well.

• All New KATANA Animations and Power Names (power effectiveness remains the same, such as damage and recharge times, but animations are sleeker, faster, and more stylized)!

• Fixed Moment of Glory and Unstoppable so they properly modified your HPs (sometimes, these powers would incorrectly heal you to full).

• Updated Moment of Glory Description Text. Clarified that this power does not give resistance to Psionics (this did not change the actual power, just the text).

• Increased the chance of Throw Spines, and Ripper to Immobilize a target.

• Fixed Spine Throwing Short Help (It said the power did KnockBack, but it does not). Long Help was correct. This fix did not modify the power.

• Scrapper/Dark Melee Siphon Life now accepts Heal Enhancements.

• Fixed Dark Melee/Shadow Punch, Smite and Shadow Maul Icons.

• Fixed Dark Melee/Shadow Maul Critical hit. If a Shadow Maul Critical is successful, it will now do 1 extra hit equal to double damage.

• Super Reflexes/Elude has been modified to a Click Power that lasts 100 seconds. It still offers the same buffs, but you now CAN attack. However, after the power wears, it will drain your Endurance and leave you unable to recover Endurance for 20 seconds.

• Fixed Broadsword Disembowel Damage an END Cost. Both were too about 30% too low (Damage and END cost are both higher now). Damage is now ranked Superior.

• Fixed text Description of M30 grenade. It said it was minor damage, but it is moderate (damage of power was not affected by this change only the text.)

• Fix: Putting Slow Enhancements into Ice Storm will now boost the slow effect of the power.

• Fixed Visual f/x of blizzard (it was timing out, and giving the appearance that the power stopped working, even though the power was still active). Power did not change.

• Reduced the ToHit Debuff of Devices/Smoke Screen and Fire Control/Smoke. They were reducing the targets ToHit by 100% (subtrating 50% from villains base 50% ToHit). They are now set correctly to -10% debuff (50%-5%).

• Increased Accuracy of Smoke Grenade.

• Removed half second delay from Tesla Cage hold effect (hold was occurring 0.5 seconds after TC hit the target).

• Increased duration of Sleep effect for Psychic Blast/Will Domination.

• Increased the HP and END you receive from a Howling Twilight Resurrection.

• Increased attack Range of Howling Twilight.

• ToHit DeBuff Enhancements will now work with Darkest Night (Darkest Night always Debuffed a targets Accuracy, and did accepted ToHit Debuff Enhancements, however the enhancements were not improving the debuff. They work now).

• Dark Miasma/Shadow Fall now accepts Resist Damage Enhancements.

• Fixed a bug with Dark Miasma/Tar Patch that allowed foes to pass through it unaffected if they ran without stopping.

• Dark Servant is now Mobile. It can now cast Petrifying Gaze and no longer casts Fear (the power now accepts Hold Enhancements). Fixed it's Darkest Night power. Recharge and Duration of the Dark Servant has been increased. Casting cost was reduced.

• Modified Dark Servant entity visual f/x.

• Added Confirmation Dialog Prompts for Teleport/Recall Friend and Resurrection powers.

• Force Field/Repulsion Bomb: This power stated that it did damage, but it does not. Repulsion Bomb now also Disorients affected foes. Updated Text and Removed Damage Enhancements.

• Fixed Lingering Radiation. It was not slowing the targets attack rate.

• Fulcrum Shift will no longer buff that caster (and allies near the caster) multiple times if multiple foes are affected unless the caster is near each affected foe.

• Stimulant, Fortitude and Increase Density can now target ally pets.

• Fixed Dark Blast/Moonbeam. Increased its accuracy (like all sniper powers, it should have a bonus Accuracy).

• Fixed Regeneration Aura and Recovery Aura cast animation from animating even though the power was not recharged.

• Improved Empathy/Adrenaline boost: It now dramatically increases an ally's Endurance Recovery, Hit Point Regeneration and attack rate for 90 seconds. However, Adrenalin Boost is very exhausting and it will leave you Disoriented for about 20 seconds.

• Increased Movement speed of Tornado. It is not slightly faster than most villains.

• Fixed Irradiate Defense Debuff for Villains and Heroes. It was debuffing the target(s) by 220% instead of 30%.

• Corrected Short Help for Dispersion Bubble. Short Help said it offered protection from Sleep, but the power does not. The long description text was always the correct one. Power did not change.

• Villains caught in Gravity Control/Dimension shift will now become immobilized. They will no longer wander around and try to attack you. Also fixed a bug that caused the translucency to wear off at a different time then the intangibility.

• Increased the initial attack range of Gravity Control/Wormhole

• Mass Confusion will no longer alert foes of your presence.

• Terrify now take Damage Enhancements.

• Increased Gravity Control/Singularity movement speed.

• Fixed Stalagmites power description to indicate it must be used on the ground (Description text change only. Not a power change).

• Fixed a bug that was causing some sleep powers to wake the target the moment the sleep power was cast.

• Modified Class for Fire Imps and Phantom Army. They were previously Minion Class and are now Pet class. This gives them less Damage, but more HP and 25% better accuracy.

• Fixed Total Domination not doing Damage (it now also takes Damage Enhancements) (update short help).

• Changed the Display name of the Decoy Phantasms (previously, the decoys had the same name as the true Phantasms, and were indistinguishable).

• Increased Threat Level of Decoy Phantasms and Spectral Army so they draw more agro (which is their job as decoys).

• Increased Accuracy of Ice Control/Flash Freeze.

• Modified All Sleep. Sleep can now only be broken with a Change in HP (Damage or Heal), by a Knock Back (or KnockUp, KnockDown or Repel) or by a power that specifically does so (such as Empathy/Clear Mind). Anything else, such as Buffs, Debuffs or Mez powers that do no damage, will not free a Sleeping target.

• Removed Accuracy Debuff Enhancements from Pool/Presence/Intimidate and Invoke Panic; and Force Field/Force Bubble. These powers do not debuff the targets Accuracy, and thus, does not need ACC Debuff Enhancements.

• Fixed Group Fly so Everyone affected gets a Fly Speed Boost, and everyone will go faster is Fly Speed Enhancements are used.

• Phase Shift can no longer be used with Rest.

• Fixed Disorient visual f/x in Flurry.

• Fixed Description for Magnetic Aspirator Enhancement.

• Removed bad system messages from Discipline and similar working Inspirations.

• Fixed Discipline, Strength of Will, and Iron Will Inspirations so they protect against Hold properly.

• Modified Pool/Medicine/Resuscitate. It no longer leaves the target unable to Regenerate Hit Points or Recover Endurance. It still Resuscitates a target with full HP, but no Endurance.

• Doubled the effectiveness of all Hamidon Enhancements (most now boost 2 attributes by 50%).

• All Clockwork Immobilizer (Temp powers) now only work on the Clockwork villlains. Mark IV can now always work on the Clockwork King.

• Decreased Recharge time to Jump Kick.

• Decreased the amount of time Diabolique is phase shifted out of normal space.

• Sky Raiders Force Field Generators now give some xp.

• Fixed Devouring Earth Fungi Beacon so it offers the Devouring Earth proper protection.

• Updated Ghosts powers and f/xs.

• Updated Totem Attack Powers.

• Updated Outcast Powers and villains.

• Updated Tsoo Powers and villains.

• Slight modification to Nemesis Lancer melee power.

• Updated Troll Powers.

• Updated Warriors Powers.

• Slightly modified Rikti powers.

• Rikti Monkey Gas will no longer harm villains.

• Fixed Rikti Portal from teleporting in the wrong type, number and level of Rikti villains.

• Modified some powers of The Family.

• Update 5th Column Boss powers.

• Update some CoT Mage and Spectre powers.

• Slight Modification for Dr Vahzilok powers

• Reworked most Robot villain Damage Resistances (except clockworks).

• Modified Devouring Earth villains attack and defense powers.

• Expanded villain levels past level 50.

• Fixed Rikti Monkey selection/collision box.

• Fixed 5th column Hoverbot selection/collision box.

• Fixed Hydra Kraken selection/collision box.

• Fixed Carnival Illusionist selection/collision box.

• Fixed Villain with Fire Imps. They were not summoning.

• Fixed Sound f/x of blizzard, Ice storm and Freezing Rain (they was timing out, even though the power was still active). Powers did not change.

• Fixed Hive Swarm Damage (this is not regarding the standard Devouring Earth Swarm, but rather the special Devouring Swarm in unique maps). It was doing the wrong damage for its level.

• Fixed Malta Titan Plasma Blast Regeneration inhibitor and Malta Sapper Recovery inhibitor from working improperly and spamming combat chat.

• Some villains (very few) can now detect stealth. Clues will be given in the villain descriptions where appropriate.

• Arch Villains now have limited protection from Controlling effects (e.g. sleep, Hold, Confuse, etc… each arch villain may vary). All Arch Villains will have very high protection from Mez effects, but will have some period of time when they are vulnerable to such effects (indicated by a visual effect). Effectively, it is like they are using Iron Will Inspirations.

• Reworked many Arch villain and giant monster powers and resistances.

I'm tempted to copy Mister Brazil over, I'm curious about the new MA animatons.

Most of all, tho, I got to say "Yea! Increased range for Howling Twilight!"

#537901 09/02/04 04:36 PM
Active
Active
Greetings smile Just to let you know, I decided that I might get too much unwanted negative male attention going with a name that had anything to do with 'ho.' So, what I came up with was Trollkin Cutie, who is the teenage daughter of a high ranked and well respected Troll family who live in Founder's Falls. Her dearly beloved older brother was drugged and brainwashed by an evil gang and was murdered for money to buy drugs. Tori Underbridge has run away from boarding school and sneaked into the nastiest parts of Paragon City to work with the heroes there to take down the gangs and avenge her brother's death. Tori is almost to lvl 6 since this morning. lol

#537902 09/02/04 06:09 PM
Leader
Leader
Wow, Lyle, they've been busy. Lots of good stuff in here. I'm especially glad to see these:

• Increased the HP and END you receive from a Howling Twilight Resurrection.
• Increased attack Range of Howling Twilight.
• Fixed Dark Blast/Moonbeam. Increased its accuracy (like all sniper powers, it should have a bonus Accuracy).
I thought Moonbeam was missing alot for a snipe but figured it was because I was a defender and not a blaster.

Especially glad to see the increase in effectiveness for HP and END with Howling Twilight.

Now if only they'd increase the accuracy of my heal. frown

#537903 09/02/04 07:13 PM
Leader
Leader
OK, I'll never play him, but the image just popped into my head when Blue mentioned his SGs, and I had to create him:

PapaSmurfofBorg

[Linked Image]

#537904 09/02/04 07:56 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
OK, I'll never play him, but the image just popped into my head when Blue mentioned his SGs, and I had to create him:

PapaSmurfofBorg

[Linked Image]
NICE!!!!!!!
(heheh...)
And damn, y'gotta use him!
(where's Smurfette of Borg?)
"How much farther, Papa Smurf?"

And Varalent, no I did not find out what the cause to my computer problems was but it's wierd how I could still access anything else on the internet except the CoH game and webpage.
Although I just read in their update thing that they fixed some server problems they were having so I'm gonna assume it was something on their end that did it.

I saw something very interesting in Paragon City this morning....
One of the guys on the team I was on had a character named Superman88 (who bore a striking resemblence to my own Son of Jor-El and during the mission, out of nowhere, his name was changed to GenericHero43!!!!
I've heard the powers that be will do this to copyrighted characters but have never actually seen any such thing before now.
I was using my Hulk of Borg at the time and made a comment to the team in a thinking balloon saying "Hulk worried about Hulks own name now..." and seconds later I get a tell from the powers-that-be saying not to worry, my caaracter isn't a Hulk copy.
Quite the relief, I gotta say but a few of my other alts do have almost exact names and appearances like Kidd-Flash and Hawkman.
I sense a generic speedster and birdman coming.

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537905 09/02/04 08:37 PM
Active
Active
Ick.... UltraStar.. that makes me worry a bit about our Legion characters...

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
Page 34 of 70 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,053
Posts1,048,738
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
googoomuck
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Leather Wolf
Leather Wolf
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star