Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Korbal - 09/29/24 06:46 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 09/29/24 06:24 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/29/24 06:23 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/29/24 06:22 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by stile86 - 09/29/24 06:18 PM
Why love the legion?
by thoth lad - 09/29/24 02:50 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 09/29/24 02:48 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 70 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537806 08/29/04 06:07 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
UltraStar I've been on CoH since 7:30 AM eastern (about 1 1/2 hours) It may be the server or something on your end (your internet connection maybe?)

I just checked the website (yes, it's still there) and they are reporting all servers up.

Sorry I can't help more. I've also heard people complain about the recent XP update. You might look into that as well.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537807 08/29/04 06:18 AM
Honorary
Honorary
So it IS still there, huh?

Damn.

I'm screwed.

Can't be my internet connection, I'm here.
It makes no sense why I can go to any other site but theirs.
What the hell kind of virus would only stop me from going to CoH?
I must be banned.

This really, truely sucks.

Thanx for checking, man.

Go conquer the universe for me...for the god whose image you have carved your own homeworld as a monument.Go... for your master...
For Darkseid!
#537808 08/29/04 06:40 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
By any chance did you ignore a request for Proof of Purchase from CoH? I read that they've been having serious problems with duplicate keycodes. They ask for a copy of the store receipt & keycode case or they lock your account. Give you a week or two to submit. If you don't respond, your account gets locked until you do.

Of course this wouldn't explain why you can't access the website. You don't need to be registered to do that, so that's probably not the case.

#537809 08/29/04 07:12 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Varalent:
By any chance did you ignore a request for Proof of Purchase from CoH? I read that they've been having serious problems with duplicate keycodes. They ask for a copy of the store receipt & keycode case or they lock your account. Give you a week or two to submit. If you don't respond, your account gets locked until you do.

Of course this wouldn't explain why you can't access the website. You don't need to be registered to do that, so that's probably not the case.
Why are they doing that?

I bought my copy from them directly in electronic
format, so I wouldn't have tha stuff myself.

#537810 08/29/04 07:28 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by UltraStar:
I am choked as hell right now at this game!!!!

Damn, I feel bad for that girl. I can see her trying to hover her way back to the SC gate. Should only take, like, an hour!!!

Arrrgghhhh......
If someone in your SG has TP they could
tp her from the hospital back to the station.
Or she could have broadcast for help and gotten
out.

I'm sure she'll be fine....

#537811 08/29/04 07:34 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Didn't you get an eletronic receipt / confirmation of purchase?

There's a big broohaha over this on the CoH boards. Guess they've been having lots of problems with dups (people going into stores, opening boxes, & copying down keycode. Then installing a borrowed copied of the game and using the stolen keycode.

When CoH discovers a duplicate keycode registration, they send out a request for proof of purchase (I would imagine that they have proof that you bought directly from them, soI wouldn't worry too much) Their thinking is that, someone that stole a keycode number will not reply/won't have sales receipt and won't have the actual case with the keycode on it to copy. If they don't receive a reply within the specified period, they lock the account until a reply is received with proof.

Of course, most people don't keep their receipts for the purchase, so everyone is up in arms.

PS: Another possiblility is that someone entered their keycode incorrectly but managed to enter a valid code.

#537812 08/29/04 08:27 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Varalent:
Didn't you get an eletronic receipt / confirmation of purchase?

There's a big broohaha over this on the CoH boards. Guess they've been having lots of problems with dups (people going into stores, opening boxes, & copying down keycode. Then installing a borrowed copied of the game and using the stolen keycode.

When CoH discovers a duplicate keycode registration, they send out a request for proof of purchase (I would imagine that they have proof that you bought directly from them, soI wouldn't worry too much) Their thinking is that, someone that stole a keycode number will not reply/won't have sales receipt and won't have the actual case with the keycode on it to copy. If they don't receive a reply within the specified period, they lock the account until a reply is received with proof.

Of course, most people don't keep their receipts for the purchase, so everyone is up in arms.

PS: Another possiblility is that someone entered their keycode incorrectly but managed to enter a valid code.
Huh.

No I hadn't heard about this.

Grem bought her first copy of Herocrack on
Ebay and when she tried to use it it turned
out the guy had already activated the code
so it was useless.

Not that I'm condoning the morality of it,
but you still have to pay for airtime, don't
you? So they're still making money off these
people ... Or are the cards being copied too?

#537813 08/29/04 09:31 AM
Active
Active
Binds are great. I've been playing with them. I got to play with macros next, as that seems the more obvious choice with power/declare target binds...

I think I'm going to play a little with binds before our TF.

#537814 08/29/04 02:00 PM
Active
Active
I hate the Vaz soooooo much!

#537815 08/29/04 02:27 PM
Active
Active
Add those higher level CoT to the list. I thought Mind Mages were bad. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

#537816 08/29/04 04:27 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Good lord that was rough! And next we have level 17 Clocks! eek

#537817 08/29/04 07:55 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I gotta say fie on Vahz!

Found out on Infinity Legion that Star's
grav hold doesn't work well on the Vahz,
and on a mish with Grem tonight I found
that fire cage has problems too...

Must be the slime.

They keep slipping out!

8-)

#537818 08/29/04 09:28 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Question ...

Who's on path to pick up rez in the
Infinity Legion? The way things are
looking to me now, I don't think that
Star will be able to pick up mutate
until 16 at the earliest ... I won't
know for sure until I hit 12, but I
don't think that he'll be able to
get mutate without getting accelerate
metabolism or enverate first ...

#537819 08/29/04 11:17 PM
Active
Active
Prism Lord's got Rad as secondary and Mutate isn't available to him at 14. I don't think there's anyone who's got a path with a rez...

#537820 08/30/04 05:04 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by LyleLyle:
Prism Lord's got Rad as secondary and Mutate isn't available to him at 14. I don't think there's anyone who's got a path with a rez...
Huh. I have a fire/empathy controller that's
about to hit 10. I wonder if she'll be up to
take rez when she gets there?

Wonder why it takes so long to get to mutate on
the rad secondary anyway? Isn't accelerate
metabolism the power right next to mutate?

I think accelerate metabolism would be a useful
power to have so I'm going to take that at 12,
but the next grav power that Star has is
dimension shift, and that'd be pretty useful
too ...

Oh, here's another question for the gang. Who's
going to take the fitness path on Infintiy?

I guess what I've been looking at is that the
fitness path takes two other powers to get to
stamina. I like swift and hurdle is pretty
useful as well, but so far I've not seen any
benefits to speak of from using health on
Blue Battler. If that actually did something
I wouldn't mind it taking so long to get to
stamina ...

And from what I've heard from some people, once
you get stamina it won't really be all that
effective until you start slotting it ...

Anyway, the thing that occurs to me because
of all that is just how high are we going to
try to get these characters? If we're going
to work for hitting the 20s and beyond, then
I think the fitness path is a good choice for
all of us except a scrapper ...

But if we don't intend to invest that much
time in leveling, then I think that the fitness
path-- and pretty much all pool powers except
for a transport power and maybe medic-- would
be a waste of a vaulable power slot for us...

Thoughts?

#537821 08/30/04 06:05 AM
Active
Active
How much did you guys get accomplished after I left last night?

"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"
#537822 08/30/04 07:05 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by DMFirebow:
How much did you guys get accomplished after I left last night?
We got to the next mission and discovered a roomful of level 17 clocks so decided to hold off til Wednesday, hoping you can join us and that your level 12 will bring down our average and make them 16s or less.

We took a break for dinner and hopped on to Infinity.

Originally posted by Blue Battler: Who's on path to pick up rez in the
Infinity Legion? ...

Anyway, the thing that occurs to me because
of all that is just how high are we going to
try to get these characters?
Princess P has empathy as her secondary, so she should have access to it at some point, maybe even the next level. Linus was able to get it at 6, I think, with empathy as his primary.

I'd like to level her. Illusion Controllers have some neat-sounding powers further up the chain. And she needs her pink cape!

I hadn't really thought about the fitness track. I'll have to look into it some more.

Of course, I'd like to level Linus, too, to see what the psychic secondary does with empath healers. Sigh -- so many characters to play with and so little time.

Sorry I didn't make it back on last night. My router decided it didn't feel like connecting to the Interent at all any more, and by the time my hubby got it going again, it was getting late.

#537823 08/30/04 07:45 AM
Active
Active
We got little accomplished after you left. At the next mish we spotted lvl 17 Clocks and called it a night.

Sorry, Blue, I meant that, among the Infinity characters I had seen us play, I didn't think any of them had rez in their path. Don't think I ever teamed with your fire/emp controller.

Have you tried out the Hero Planner at CoH warcry, Blue? It's good for figuring out what's available when.

#537824 08/30/04 07:48 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Task Force Trinity:

This is what we have to look forward to.

(SPOILERS!!!! So don't read if you don't want to know)

The Positron Task Force
Once you have your team formed, the leader of the team needs to speak to Positron. Positron is located in Steel Canyon, in front of the big statue in Blyde Square. The leader accepts formation of a TF and then get the first mission. This TF consists of 15 separate missions. Most times it will be 11 door missions, 1 Patrol(visiting locations/phones), and 3 deliveries/see contacts. The first door mission is Vahzilok.

The embalmed can cause severe damage when they self destruct- try to take them out first.

The second building will be Circle of Thorns.

Again Ruin and Energy Mages can kill quickly with their self destruct. To minimize the chance of Mages exploding- never have more then 1 melee on any mage, also make sure that a non-mage is left(Thorn Weilder, Guard etc). Your third door will be Clockwork most likely.

All doors will invovle these 3. After your first 3 door mission you can expect 2 more doors before Positron tells you to deliver an item to a contact in Atlas- any TF member can do this mission. You will then get another door mission. Next mission is to see a contact in Kings Row, again any TF member can do this one. The leader should now be able to CALL Positron. The next mission is to see an Atlas City contact. Usually Positron needs to see the leader at this point, but sometimes not. Now another door mission. Next is a Patrol (visit 3 locations/phones usually in Perez Park), again send your fastest. Another 3 door missions follow. Last mission is a door- usually a Hi-Tech Laboratory. All 3 groups of villians will be here. Make sure people sell and have room for the enhancements that drop- especially the S.O. that everyone will get. There is no arch villian, and it may seem anti-climatic, but rest assured you did well to complete it.

CHEAT SHEET
*Door (Vahiz)
*Door (CoT)
*Door (Clocks)
*Door
*Door
*Deliver item to contact in Atlas
*Door
*See Kings Row contact
*See Atlas contact
**Sometimes leader must go see Positron in Steel Canyon
*Door
*Patrol- Visit 3 locations(Usually in Perez Park)
*Door
*Door
*Door
*FINAL DOOR(usually lab setting with all three villian groups)

Task Force will automatically disband after exiting final mission and calling Positron.

(The above is from RPG Expert.com )

#537825 08/30/04 07:54 AM
Active
Active
Ah, good to know about Princess P. Sorry if I haven't noticed you keeping us alive, Seymour.

We missed you at the end of the mish Seymour. Hopefully the Princess will get credited for mission completed.

#537826 08/30/04 08:08 AM
Active
Active
Ack! It sounds like we've barely started the TF!

I'm good for some TF on wednesday night but I've got a friend coming over for dinner on Sunday. I'm making Gumbo, so it'll take me a few hours and my TF time is limited.

Sheesh, didn't we take almost six hours just to do the first two parts? I thought the whole thing was supposed to take six hours.

#537827 08/30/04 08:20 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Have to admit I haven't been able to stop thinking about how poorly things went (timewise, deathwise etc) for us yesterday and trying to figure out what we could have done differently.

No question the Vaz mish was a nightmare. It took us about 3.5 - 4 hours just to do that (along with countless deaths!). The CoTs took about 1.5 hours and we suffered much less. I guess we really got better as we went along.

Can anyone think of anything we should be doing differently?

#1 I can tell you that everything I've read in the past few days (and I've been doing lots of research on the CoH boards and other sites) indicates that part of the problem may well be that we've created our own problem by having the max number of people on the TF. Everyone seems to feel that it's best and easiest if you have 4-5 members.

#2 Would it have been better to bring Mysa instead of Condo? I don't know but I have to wonder if the added healing would have kept more of us alive more often. Enough to compensate for less power? Again, I don't know but would be interested in your thoughts.

#3 Everything indicates that Positron is far and away the longest and most difficult Task Force. I still want to try to finish it (I hate giving up on anything! laugh ) but wonder if it wouldn't be smarter to try it with a smaller group when we get to the right level on Infinity.

Thoughts? Comments? Does everyone else also want to finish or do you want to disband the group? I got the impression that some of us wouldn't mind if that was the decision but no one wanted to come out and say so.

#537828 08/30/04 08:28 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
One other interesting tidbit I read. We need to be careful about what the mission asks us to do. If it say "defeat all" then that's what you need to do but if it say "defeat Epidural & his guards" you don't need to fight anyone else! We could just have gone invisibly past everyone and just fought in the last chamber (which turned out to be the easiest of all for us.)

Of course, you can farm afterwards but it's much easier to walk away from the rest of the Vaz (or CLocks, etc) if you've already accomplished the mission when you start to die too much laugh

#537829 08/30/04 10:49 AM
Active
Active
Yeah, I was thinking if we should just sneak past some of those higher level folk... perhaps we should try that with those clocks... just pick out the battles we clearly have to.

Perhaps we could try taking it on later on in Infinity with two small groups and we'll compare notes over the SG chat channel? Or perhaps we'll just do two small groups, allowing for people to play with alts and some of us only playing once (I'm cool with that, as someone who doesn't have an Adventure-era Legion alt on Infi). That will probably be easier to arrange.

#537830 08/30/04 11:41 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Task Force Trinity:

More Spoilers!!!!

Positron Task Force
Main Enemy: varius
Archvillain: none
Level to Attend: 10-15
Minimum Teammates: 3 (total)

*** This task force actually combats multiple villian types and does not have an arch villian. We are aware of the problems in the display and will address them shortly***

1. Defeat Epidural and guards... find any evidence
it took place in the sewers in skyway city.... lots and lots of Vhazilok, all lvl 15 (for larger groups they will be lvl 16)

2. Defeat all clock work in office.... recover all working clockwork pieces
This one was in boomtown, and it started w/ lvl 16 but dropped down to lvl 13 (the boss was Gearteeth and was lvl 13)all clockwork

3.Defeat Rollister and his cadre.... 2 workers to rescue
this was in an office building and all CoT all were lvl 15

4. Stop robot boss and his guards... investigate clockwork plans.
this was in steel canyone in a warehouse, all were lvl 15 clocks and Boss was Constructor.

5. Stop cheif mage and his guards... find the book of T' Jer' imikanu
this was a cave in skyway city, all CoT the boss was Tarses

6. Deliver book to Azuria
She was in Atlas park, and there was an ambush of coT on this one.

7. Stop Dr. Morben and minions... recover any evidence
this was in an office in skywaycity, all Vahzilok, started lvl 15 went down to lvl 10.... boss Dr. Morben

8. See Paula Dempsey in kings row... collect more evidence

9. See Azuria in Atlas park

10. Stop zombie boss and guards... destroy Vahzilok lab and recover evidence. this was in an office building in kings row... all dead lvl 15 boss was cortex

11. visit Perez park 3 locations

12. Defeat all villians in office...search for clues
this one had clock and dead and no bosses all vl 15

13. Defeat all mystics in base.
this was in a cave in perez park and had cot and clock all were lvl 14 and 15 bosses Pallenti (lvl 14 cot) and B'Shink P'Knock (lvl 15 clock)

14. Defeat all villians in sewer
this was in skyway city Cot and Vahzilok there were no bosses in this one all were lvl 15

15. Defeat all villians in substation
this was in perez park in an office, had lvl 14, 15, and 10 and had CoT, dead, and clocks and 2 bosses and one leiu... CoT boss lvl 14 was Lucion... Boresight clock leiu lvl 15, and Ulcer lvl 15 dead.

The TF bonus at the end was 200 xp and 200 inf, and a spify lvl 18 SO enhancement....my advice for this TF is to do it w/ a small group, every time i've gone in w/ a large group it is all lvl 16 where with a small group it is lvl 15's, and with a large group the amount of MoB's are insane, i've never made it past the 1st mission w/ a large group, it seems after people die 4 -5 times on the 1st mission they don't want to finish the TF. Also w/ the larger groups, there are a BUNCH of bosses in the 1st mission, usually 2 per every group you encounter along w/ at least 2 leiu's... sometimes as many as 6 lieu w/ two bosses. it isn't a bad TF, but i thought the skyway city one was more fun. Also there is no archvillian, just three groups of baddies all wanting the city dam.

I got this from GameAmp

Page 31 of 70 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,048,871
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Space Cadet
Space Cadet
Winnipeg
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star