Roll Call
0 members (), 13 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 70 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537531 08/16/04 12:34 PM
Leader
Leader
I forgot about rad powers. I was thinking pool powers. That could very well be it, and it might be available at 12 in that case.

#537532 08/17/04 06:11 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
sigh Still no power, still no CoH! frown

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537533 08/17/04 06:12 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Guess TPTB just don't realize that Paragon City is being overrun with Vaz, CoTs, Skulls, 5ths, Hellion & Clocks while they take so long in getting power back to my house!

#537534 08/17/04 06:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And think of all the new heroes that haven't come into being because I haven't been around! laugh

#537535 08/17/04 09:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
How will you ever meet your quota of new heroes without power Vee? laugh

Seriously though, I hope that they get you back on line soon. They are telling one of our properties that it'll be by this Saturday so hopefully they'll have the residential restored before then.

#537536 08/17/04 10:25 AM
Leader
Leader
Here are some tidbits my hubby got from a member of his supergroup:

From "Mischief," a member of PRISM (a gay fan/creator comic-book group).

Friday August 13, 2004

The panel, "Where’s My Cape?" by Jack (Statesman) Emmert was to start at 11:00 AM. I arrived at Wizard World a little early, so I went to the NCSoft table to see if I would win a free City of Heroes T-Shirt. You can win shirts by answering trivia questions.

Sitting at the NCSoft booth is the Statesman himself. I walked up and introduce myself to Jack. I told him my name and that I was with PRISM. His face lit up and he said, "You guys are great!" and he really appreciates our support and thinks we were terrific. He asked me if I saw the PC Gamer article on Gay Day, I told him I had.

He informed me, "you don’t know about this, because this happened off the boards," but a group of conservative Christians contacted Jack attacking us — asking for him to do something about us. As Jack put it, "I told them to STICK IT."

Then he jumped up and gave me a free T-Shirt. Isn’t that cool?

Then off to the panel he hosted. Some of the items have already been revealed on the boards as hints or fact, but I also have some very juicy inside news for what’s up and coming for both CoH and CoV!

Panel info

Alliance Chat — not sure if they’re going to do it as an interim chat feature or if they’re going to skip it, but their new idea is far better than any of us ever expected?

Special Chat System — It will be server-wide, it will be customizable and you can select your own moderators and SGs that you want on your Chat System. Until then, the SG limit will be upped. The Special Chat System will not be in the next update. Not sure if it’ll be in the one after that or later.

HQs — are coming. They will be customizable.

New Non-Combat System — this is big. Jack wouldn’t say much about it, but hinted it will be huge. He also said it will allow you to, "also do stuff offline," (?!?!?!)

Mission Difficulty — will be customizable. You will have the option to raise the difficulty level of mission to harder - no option to make missions "easy".

New ATs Coming — including one with wings. The reason it will be restricted to one AT is because it is too expensive and time consuming to offer wings for all Power Sets.

Lower Level Missions to Be Tweaked — Missions 1-20 will be tweaked. For example, the Rave mission will have added music, lights and rave dancers, instead of a silent empty warehouse with just mobs.

Jack feels really good about the game from L1-20, but less so at upper levels.

Badges — will be added. Collect Badges and you can up your Endurance or Hit Points.

CoV Characters will basically use the same AT blueprint as CoH.

Stat Kiosks — will be up sometime soon.

Power Sets — will have powers added to them. They won’t just stop at 9 per set.

"TONS!" more stuff will be added to Character Creation, including flowing fabrics based on the cape technology.

Mind Controllers — Telekinesis will be fixed. There will not be a pet for the MC, but Terrify will be able to slot Damage Enhancements.

Teen Body — will be added to Character Build

Customize Your Powers — eventually you will be able to customize your power colors and animations.

Shields — will be added.

Easter Eggs — start looking for them soon.

Mission XP — will get a boost.

Server Wide Events — like the Ritki Invasion are planned

Defender — Jack feels this is close to the best, most balanced and well designed AT. Still need to fix Defender at higher levels where he is not as needed in groups. After Controller, Tanker is the next AT to be fixed.

Shape Shifting — will be added. It will be a while since it’s tough to do, but it is coming.

CoH/CoV — You will be able to bring your CoH character into CoV.

Open Public Beta — for CoV is likely.

CoV — is a considered a "sequel". You do not have to have CoH to play CoV. If you have both games, you will still only need to pay $14.95 per month.

HUGE CoV announcement coming out next week

Dependant NPCs Being Considered — ala Champions, Dependant NPC maybe be added. For example, you could have a Lois Lane-like NPC that would call you while you are missioning and need to be rescued from a hanging off a building. This is hard to do, but something Jack would like to do.

GENERAL COMMENTS

Jack is bewildered and disgusted that most players are XP crazy. He doesn’t care if someone hits L50 today, next year or in 2 years as long as there are fun stuff to do at any level. He is more interested in the role-playing and the content of the game.

Jack is an intelligent man and a captivating speaker. I found his comments and observations about the creative process fascinating. I’m so glad I was able to have been able to hear him speak. I was thrilled he knew PRISM and spoke well of us — and defended us from attack by homophobes.

That’s the main nuts and bolts of what he said during his panel. I’ll post more later.

Some of my thoughts:

Sounds like some cool stuff coming up. I can't wait for the HQ (a real Legion HQ -- I wonder how customizable)! And Wings!

Mission customizability seems cool, but how will you know in advance if you want to make it harder -- unless you're the anal type who keeps track of every mission you've ever done to see which are front-loaded, etc. so you can raise the difficulty with your next character. And there are some missions (like that damn Patchwork and his minions) that I think are too hard to begin with.

That's great what he said about the Christian group.

Customizable powers is pretty cool. You can be color-cooridinated no matter which set you go with. Lyle's Amethyst characters could all have purple blasts. Or our Prism-based characters could have a full rainbow of powers.

Saturn Lady has telekinesis. I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

And we were just talking on Sunday about how cool it would be to have a server-wide event like the invasion. Andrew Nolan wasn't in on the beta and was asking about it. I told him it was pretty cool, but I had just gotten out of the tutorial and jumped right in and died immediately. smile

#537537 08/17/04 10:33 AM
Active
Active
Best of luck, Vee. I have an inkling of what you're feeling. When we moved every company we worked with were idiots, flaking on our appointments or messing up one way or another. It took us three weeks to get online and I was going though major CoH withdrawl. (Worse, we're still fighting with SBC over how much we owe them. They think we owe them money for the service we didn't recieve in the time after we told them to cancel all service and they didn't follow up on it.) It was such a relief to get back to Paragon City.

Got Prism Lord to lvl 12 last night, thanks to a Hydra hunting group. Flight isn't available so which would be most useful for the TF: Accelerate Metabolism (buff speed, END, DMG and resistance), Radiation Infection (debuff ACC and DEF), Greater Invisibility or Air Superiority?

#537538 08/17/04 10:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks for sharing that Seymour! That is some cool news, all the way around.

I had wondered about the CoV/CoH thing. I had read that it would be a separate game and a separate fee to play. Glad its going to be under one fee.

#537539 08/17/04 10:48 AM
Active
Active
Hey Seymour, is Mike part of PRISM? I was trying to get into that group (mostly as the most visible gay SG, but they also seemed like cool players) but eventually gave up because I realized the members were so high level.

They did a really cool "Gay Day" event at AP. A massive amount of toons at the Square, jumping around, dancing and screaming "Happy Pride!" There was also a special "Pride Day 2004" SG so that you could easily get your character to wear the color-of-the day (red like the gay people were wearing at Disney World that day).

BTW, if anyone wants to create yet another char there's a pretty cool SG on Triumph. They're called Global Heroics -- all the heroes are Mr/Ms Country with a costume design inspired by the country's flag. Their website seems to be down but you'll be able to find it here:http://www.4thorder.us/gh (It was working yesterday.) Send a tell to Ms Germany if interested. I'm Mister Brazil there.

Similarly I an into a cool SG-to-be the other night, BTW. I teamed with a pair of heroines -- Klymaxx and SheilaE. They've got a Grace Slick and oh I forgot the other. They were fun to team with.

#537540 08/17/04 11:08 AM
Leader
Leader
I forgot about PRISM the CoH supergroup. I instantly thought PRISM the comic group since this was a Wizard World con report. You're probably right, though, that it's the CoH PRISM.

Mike was briefly a member of PRISM, but dropped out when the drama and infighting started. He's part of a gay group, but I forget which one. It's not Rough Trade, I know that, though one of his secondary characters may be a member.

Seen any gay groups on Infinity? I'd like to get one of my non-Legion characters into one. (I once saw a character on Infinity called Yaoi, but he wasn't part of a group.)

I liked the gay group on Virtue that Chillflare is a member of, but I can't remember the name -- it's been so long since I've played him.

#537541 08/17/04 11:17 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Lyle: I had Radiation infection on the first I-Kid I did and didn't like it. Seemed like it took forever to accomplish anything other than get them running around infecting each other with green clouds. Of course, he only got to lvl 7 or 8 so maybe at higher levels it's more potent. Either way, Accelerate Metabolism sure sounds much more useful to a team or task force. I'd vote for that.

#537542 08/17/04 11:34 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
How cool would it be if we could do the Adventure era clubhouse as an HQ for the Infinity group!!!!!

What is Alliance Chat? Never heard of that before.

I can live with a winged AT if that's what it takes. It would have to be a well balanced set power wise though. Have to be able to do Dawnstar & Shikari. laugh

Shape changers will be cool also. As long as it allows growing & shrinking, stretching & bouncing it would allow us to do Vi, Gim, Cham, Proty, Bouncing Boy and maybe even Tellus & Gates. And Beast Boy for the Titans!

Or maybe they are doing an animal based AT as well.

Wonder if one of the new AT's will be machine oriented? Imagine if we told KP that he could create his Tranformers on CoH!!! That would hook him for sure.

#537543 08/17/04 12:28 PM
Active
Active
I think I'm most excited about the possibility of them adding the "recruit across zones" ability next month. I'll get excited about capes when I have a character who's closer to 20. I'm just building to my adjetive. Also exciting is the "give" feature (forced trade) which should be useful in a battle.

The effects at lvl 30 sound like quite a carrot.

There's another Chicago report on the CoH boards. One of the exciting far-future plans is that Statesman would like to add more nontraditional zones, including an underwater zone (he says he has to figure this out since Namor is one of his favorite characters) and a space zone.

I'll try to post that thread when I find it.

#537544 08/17/04 12:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Interesting they would do a 'give' feature when one of the 'features' (if you can call it that) of the next upgrade is supposed to be a player acceptance of a teleport. In other words, no more automatically teleporting your teammate out of harm's reach unless he has time to agree to it, like a trade.

#537545 08/17/04 01:01 PM
Active
Active
Well, the "give" feature may still require approval, just a less complicated process.

I mean, clicking through a "Prism Lord wants to give you items, do you accept" window is much simpler than the current trade process, which brings up a huge window you don't want to block off your screen in a battle.

I think there's a percieved problem (I haven't experienced it) of people getting kicks out of TPing people into places they can't survive (kinda like the maroons who think it's fun to aggro high lvl mobs and lead 'em to places where people tend to hang out), so I guess the teleport approval adresses that. I think it would be nice if you could auto-approve people.

#537546 08/17/04 02:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I could see that being the problem if you could just TP anyone but you can't. They have to be on your team. Heck, you can't even TP a friend unless he's teamed with you. Seems to me that split second of having to approve it (barring an auto-approve function) could mean life or debt.

#537547 08/17/04 09:23 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hi, everyone.

It's Thomas aka Andrew Nolan aka Dox 5.1 aka Star Kallor ...

Yes, I'm finally here.

So how do I add that picture, Scott? 8-)

I told the others who played tonight that I
was thinking this week's Legion night should
be held on Infinity as opposed to Virtue ...

I got Star Kallor up to 8 tonight, and I was
looking at the power sets, and i noticed that
my secondary ones-- I've only got two there so
far-- only offered me one choice for a power
while the primary offered me two ... the first
power that I didn't take when I creaed Thom and
the multiple lockdown I need to really make rad
effective ...

Is that new or have I just been particularly
unobservant?

#537548 08/17/04 09:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
All done buddy! FerroLad StarBoy

#537549 08/18/04 03:13 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was so great to make it back to CoH last night! Even better to find a group of you there as well. Life is good! laugh

#537550 08/18/04 05:18 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Thanks, buddy!

Yeah, it was good to see you again,
Vee. Herocrack just isn't the same
without the Legion of Vees ... 8-)

#537551 08/18/04 07:49 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I could see that being the problem if you could just TP anyone but you can't. They have to be on your team. Heck, you can't even TP a friend unless he's teamed with you. Seems to me that split second of having to approve it (barring an auto-approve function) could mean life or debt.
Scott: I had this happen to me. At lower levels you tend to agree to Team ups so you can take on higher (or more numerous villains). I was playing Varalent on Protector one day and agreed to team up with two others. One of the two (I think both were young kids) had TP & hover on his character.

Firt he kept insisting that we wait where we were while he went off someplace and then TPed us to him. I put up with that for a while since I had the impression that he was just enjoying the new power but it started to get real old, real fast. We got very little accomplished other than waiting around and I finally offered up an excuse that I needed to log off.

As I was logging and the "quitting in 25 seconds" was counting down, he TP Varalent up next to him in mid air and let him drop quite a distance. did it three times in succession and "killed" Varalent that way before I could get logged off!

I ended up with debt because of that little punk. Needless to say I immediately quit the team and then went to the hospital. From there I filed a complaint with the GMs.

I've also heard of people getting TPed on purpose into huge mobs of aggroed baddies various levels above them ~ they die about as quickly as we all did in the first TF attempt before they are able to run away, or even realize what is going on.

I think it's because of things like this that they are going to insist on agreement before you can be TPed.

#537552 08/18/04 07:56 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Blue! You asked me last night if I had anyone on Guardian. I couldn't remember who for sure but here they are:

Guardian:
Varalent, lvl 2 energy/energy magic blaster
CometKid, lvl 4 fire/fire mutation blaster

BTW, I have all my characters listed on page 29 of this thread if you want to check them out. Think I might start a list thread somewhere on LW for our CoH characters that we can regularly update as far as new heroes and levels acheived.

#537553 08/18/04 08:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Vee, I just have to ask. Why were you logging out without quitting the team first? I never log if I'm still part of a team. At least willingly.

To me it would be easier to just quit a team where you have someone being an ass and pulling those stunts (and then report them like you did) than to have to impose an approval system to allow TPing of teammates. But that's just me.

And that brings up another issue. Is anyone else seeing a massive increase in kill stealers? It has gotten ridiculous. We had a guy the other night following us while we were playing the Buffy gang that was not only warned by our leader (FaiththeSlayer) but by myself as well. His reply outloud was "Whatever" and kept doing it. He then sent a tell to me when I told him to quit saying "Whatever. I dare you to report me." So I did. I've decided I've had enough of these little bastards and will now report everyone who is blatantly kill stealing.

I honestly think they have way too many children (or those with childish attitudes) playing the game. And since they can't get their precious PvP they take it out on fellow players in other ways. Should this game ever go to PvP I'd drop it in a heartbeat.

#537554 08/18/04 08:40 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Scott: I haven't since then because of what happened but I'm curious as to why you ask? Are you supposed to quit before logging? I never thought that it made a difference since when you log off you are automatically booted from the team anyway. Something else else I don't know about?

I agree about the kill stealing. It has gotten worse for sure. I see more of it in the lower zones though than the others. Even on Outbreak it's gotten bad.

However, CoH has a very strict interpretation of exactly what it is they consider kill stealing. Basically, if they kill the guy you are actively fighting, that a KS. If they kill the rest of your mob while you are working on that one guy, that's not KS in their book (if I understand it correctly)

#537555 08/18/04 09:18 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've always been led to believe that once you announce you are leaving a team or begin to log out you are supposed to quit a team. I think it is more because you can still earn XP even though you are doing nothing to help the team. I've seen players park their characters at the Yellow or Green lines and sit, earning XP for nothing. Even had to kick a few off the team who said they were leaving but never logged out.

Maybe it was just a courtesy thing that some of the other players I played with initially drummed into me. The only reason, after leaving the team, I can see for staying on would be for TPing in case of trouble.

Plus maybe part of quitting prior to logging was to prevent what happened to you. Just different learning curves I guess.

Page 20 of 70 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ferroboy
ferroboy
Newburgh, NY
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star