Roll Call
1 members (wes connors), 12 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Ann Hebistand - 09/28/24 07:14 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537431 08/03/04 12:48 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
PS: What does Silver Scarab have to do with Fate?

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537432 08/03/04 12:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay, this is taken from http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/SilverScarab_Bio.htm since I can't keep his continuity straight myself.

Hector Hall is the son of Carter and Shiera Hall, the original Hawkman and Hawkgirl. He was born in Cairo, Egypt, while his parents were on archaeological expedition. Unknown to the Hawks, Hath-Set had placed a curse on them in their Egyptian incarnations that would culminate which the birth of their offspring. As a result Hector was born without a soul, destined to be a vessel for the real Silver Scarab, Hath-Set's agent of vengeance.

After Hector was born Shiera decided to retire from crimefighting, while Carter continued his career as Hawkman. However as they would both often go on archaeological expeditions they often had to leave Hector behind in the care of baby sitters. As a result Hector felt neglected by his parents and some of the only happy times he had was in the company of the other Justice Society members' progeny. When they took him to the hidden city of Feithera, home of the winged bird-people, to visit their godson Norda (the son of a winged Fietheran and a human) it only aggravated Hector further as he was not able to fly with his parents as Norda could.

Desperately wanting to join his parents in the sky Hector began creating a suit made entirely of Nth metal combined with some solar power improvement of Hector's design shortly after he began his college studies at UCLA. A couple of years later he discovered that Lyta Trevor, his childhood friend and daughter of the Golden Age Fury, was also a student at UCLA and the two began dating. Lyta dreamed of following in her mother's footsteps and become the next Fury so when Hector showed her his armored suit that he would eventually wear as the Silver Scarab the two decided to ask their parents to sponsor them for membership in the Justice Society of America. Before doing so they invited Albert Rothstein, another of their childhood friends and the godson of the Golden Age Atom, over for christmas and try to convince him to join them in their quest. Before going to petition for membership of the Justice Society they were joined by the Hawk's godson Norda who joined them as Northwind, but all of them were eventually turned down due to their youth and lack of experience.

Shortly after being turned down, Jade and Obsidian, the children of the Golden Age Green Lantern and the Golden Age Thorn, also turned up at the JSA meeting petitioning for membership. Seeing how the JSA wasn't about to let any of them join the six heroes left the meeting to figure out what to do next. The Star-Spangled Kid, who himself had been a young kid when he started out felt that the young heroes had been dealt a bad hand by the rest of the JSA and since he himself was about to announce that he was about to form a new team he left the JSA to ask them to join him. So along with JSA member Power Girl and Brainwave, Jr., the son of of the original Brainwave the eight heroes formed Infinity, Inc.

Following a fight with the criminal Ultra-Humanite who exposed the Silver Scarab as Hector Hall, the Scarab publicly unmasked at Infinity, Inc.'s first press conference. At the same press conference he announced Fury was his fiancee. A side effect of revealing his own identity was for him to reveal that of his father's as well, which at first this put a further strain on their relationship.

Hector and Lyta's happiness was to be short as Hector fell victim to the ancient Egyptian curse by Hath-Set and was taken over by the evil entity that had remained dormant inside his body since birth. Side by side with a reincarnated Hath-Set, the Scarab went up against the Infinity, Inc. and although the team eventually beat Hath-Set and destroyed the entity, it was at the cost of Hector's life. Just before dying Hector learned that Lyta was pregnant with his child.

However, death was not to be the end the end of Hector as his consciousness had been cast into the Dreaming where he was found by Brute and Glob. Having created a dreamworld of their own hidden within the dreams of a young boy and walled off from the rest of the Dreaming they wanted to create a dream king of their own in the absence of the real dream lord Morpheus, one that they would be running and could use in a scheme to eventually assume control of the Dreaming.

Convincing Hector that he was the heir to the role of the Sandman, guardian of the dreams of men, after his predecessor Garrett Sanford died, Hector became the unwittingly pawn of the two nightmares who would play the role of his sidekicks while molding him. From his base in the dream dimension Hector would look in on his pregnant wife Lyta and at some point he began visiting her one hour every night while she slept without exposing himself to her thinking the strain of seeing him alive might harm the baby. However, his nightly visits did not go unnoticed and he was eventually discovered and unmasked by Nuklon. Once exposed Hector told Lyta of his new role and he asked her to marry him even though he would only be able to stay out the dream dimension for one hour a day. Lyta accepted his proposal but decided to return with Hector instead. The two then got married and left for the dream dimension.

Morpheus eventually broke free from captivity and when he learned of Brute and Glob's disappearance he set out to find them. After locating and recapturing Brute and Glob and sent their pawn Hector to the realm of the dead and returned Lyta to the world of the living.

Once again death was not to be the end of Hector but rather a new beginning. Hector was to return to the living and fulfill his destiny. Hector's soul and consciousness was to be reincarnated and become the next person to assume the mantle of Dr. Fate. Although Mordru the Dark Lord tried to kill the newborn Hector to assume the power of Fate for himself the JSA managed to intervene and bond the child with the power instead instantly transforming Hector into a new Doctor Fate.

#537433 08/03/04 02:10 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Still working on him, but what do you think?

[Linked Image]

#537434 08/03/04 02:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Pretty damn Obsidian like! You got the face dead on from what I can tell.

#537435 08/04/04 06:05 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Just a reminder to everyone that we're going to try to do Legion Night on Virtue server tonight (Wednesday) Try to be on by 9 PM eastern.

We need to try to get all of our chars up to (but not over!) lvl 15 so that we can try that Task Force Mission again soon.

#537436 08/04/04 03:29 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Here's my latest JSA addition ~ the Earth 2 Robin with a slight twist ( and a nod to pre-Crisis continuity)

[Linked Image]

His a fire/fire blaster, the explanation for which is found in his bio.

#537437 08/04/04 10:34 PM
Leader
Leader
Great game tonight!

I wasn't tired, though, so I got busy on Pinnacle. Here's who I've got so far -- Power Chick (martial arts, regeneration scrapper -- liked regeneration better than invulnerability):

[Linked Image]

No boob window, though, so I tried this, the best I could find:

[Linked Image]

For someone sweeter, I tried Starspanglegirl (energy/energy blaster):

[Linked Image]

I wanted to do Golden Age Flash, but they didn't have the hat. You gotta have the hat.

The night before, I did Big Kid (martial arts/regeneration scrapper) on protector. Apparently, colossal is one of the special titles you can get at 15, so it wouldn't let me use it:

[Linked Image]

#537438 08/05/04 02:37 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Those came out terrific Seymour. The two ladies look awesome and it's great to see Gim(and in his Adventure era costume no less!)

#537439 08/05/04 07:01 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gim's perfect (maybe we should do an Adventure era Legion) and I love both versions of Power Girl. Star is good too but I'm not that familiar with her.

#537440 08/05/04 07:59 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Gim's perfect (maybe we should do an Adventure era Legion)
That would be cool but we would need to do it on another server (Vee's Legion has filled all of Protector's slots and all but one on Virtue laugh ) Like maybe Infinity? Don't think I've heard anyone having anything on there.

(Let's see now...eight slots to work with in the Aventure era...hmmmmmm...I could...)

laugh

#537441 08/05/04 09:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
[b]Gim's perfect (maybe we should do an Adventure era Legion)
That would be cool but we would need to do it on another server (Vee's Legion has filled all of Protector's slots and all but one on Virtue laugh ) Like maybe Infinity? Don't think I've heard anyone having anything on there.

(Let's see now...eight slots to work with in the Aventure era...hmmmmmm...I could...)

laugh [/b]
Definitely on a new server. I don't think I have anything on Infinity and that sounds like a good name for Adventure Era Legionnaires. Grife. I wasn't go to log in to the game tonight, take a break but now I want to design a new Garth.

#537442 08/05/04 10:49 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol

#537443 08/05/04 10:52 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Make sure you tell Caroline about our Infinity Adventure. I imagine she'll come up with almost as many ideas for characters as I will.

#537444 08/05/04 11:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
Make sure you tell Caroline about our Infinity Adventure. I imagine she'll come up with almost as many ideas for characters as I will.
She already asked if she could have Imra this time around. laugh

#537445 08/05/04 02:51 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cos is on his way from Braal on the Starship Infinity. A new Adventure is about to be founded! laugh

[Linked Image]

He's a Force Field Defender with Energy secondary.

#537446 08/05/04 04:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm thinking of going with THE Adventure look. Lightning Boy.

[Linked Image]

#537447 08/05/04 04:18 PM
Leader
Leader
Glad you like my creations. I just took Gim through the tutorial, so I could re-create him on Infinity no problem. I'd really like to concentrate on Shadow Lad, though, since I'd like to take him high to see what happens. I'm ready for new missions instead of running the old ones over and over as I create new characters.

Don't get me wrong. I love gaming with you all no matter how we do it. And creating characters is a lot of fun. I just want to take one all the way.

What do you guys think?

#537448 08/05/04 04:18 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Good job! He looks great!

#537449 08/05/04 04:23 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I agree, Seymour. I'm concentrating on Condo & Mysa myself but I most enjoy playing with our group. Since I seem to spend more time there than most, Condo & Mysa would be way ahead in level at this point and we really wouldn't be able to do teams with them.

I'm really looking forward to getting you, Caroline, Scott, SLK, Pex, Patch Lad, DB, etc all to the point where we can do big TFs together.

#537450 08/05/04 04:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Gungnir and Garth are my main focuses. I can't do like Caroline who has almost as many characters as Vee.

Oh, and the above wound up named Lightning Ranzz. Lightning Boy, Lightning Lad and Garth Ranzz were all taken.

#537451 08/05/04 04:33 PM
Leader
Leader
Wow, must be a lot of Legion fans on Infinity.

He looks good, by the way.

Hope to see you online tonight -- somewhere (if I can ever get out of work, that is). smile

#537452 08/05/04 04:45 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll be on (actually I am right now...jumping from server to server to see if anyone else is on! laugh )

#537453 08/06/04 10:30 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we met a big Legion fan on Infinity server last night. On that server he has a character named UltraStar but said he had a Mon-el based character on Justice server. Sent him an in game email to invite him here. Hopefully he'll check out LW and join.

Seymour, I tried to send you a PM letting you know where we were last night but I see it's still listed as unread. Didn't you get the message?

#537454 08/06/04 10:50 AM
Leader
Leader
I didn't get on last night. I didn't get home from work til late, and I had other things to catch up on. We're trying to force our bodies back into EST mode, too, and took a sleep aid to help us get to bed earlier. We've had a hard time getting up in the morning.

Should we shoot for another task force Sunday the 15th? 1 p.m. EST again? This weekend is shot for me. I'll have some time to get on, but not a block to commit to a TF. That should give us all a chance to reach at least 14 (or SK anyone who doesn't).

#537455 08/06/04 01:32 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That sounds about right. I definitely want to wait to make sure that SLK is set up with his new computer at home. Also we need to try to find out if Pex, Patch, DB and the others can join us. We absolutely need lots of fire power and (as we discovered on some of the recent missions) lots of full healing & rez.

I very much want to play Condo but fear that we'll really need Mysa more to help keep everyone alive. I still wish there was some way to have someone play one of my two characters so that we could benefit from both of them.

Page 16 of 70 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,838
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Merlion Man
Merlion Man
Singapore
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star