Roll Call
0 members (), 54 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Ann Hebistand - 09/28/24 07:14 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70
Re: City of Heroes: Your Chance to be a Legionnaire
#537381 07/14/04 06:01 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ohh, that's okay then! She just gets a little peeved when people underestimate her magic casting. laugh

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#537382 07/14/04 06:07 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Are we on for Legion night tonight at 9 PM Eastern?

#537383 07/14/04 06:12 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Garth is still at 11. Haven't tried logging back in since the TF try on Sunday. It seems I have the worst luck, server-wise, when I try to play him.

Caroline ran into a group of players for married people the other day. Kind of fun knowing that we aren't the only couples playing the game. And the oldest among them is in his 60's which made Caroline feel better. I created a Tanker (only my second one) with a Western look. Still haven't 'met' my wife online though. laugh
Scott:

For what it's worth, the mapserve issues seem to have gotten much better this week (so far!) I think I've only lost connection once or twice since Sunday on Virtue.

BTW, last night I saw a couple playing on Virtue server. Called themselve Mighty Mom & Dyno Dad. Didn't chat with them but they looked like they were having a good time. If I recall correctly, they were about lvl 4-5 blasters.

#537384 07/14/04 06:36 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Not sure if any of you know the answer to this question but...are the Dual Origin enhancements that much better than training enhancements? Condo is now at a point where he can use them so I stopped in the store last night to be nosey. I knew DO's were expensive so that didn't catch me off guard but I noticed that they have power levels as well.

So, how does a 15 DO that increases endurance compare to training endurance cost reduction of 15? Or is it more like a 30 or 20 or 50 or ???????

#537385 07/14/04 06:44 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
All about Enhancements…

Planning which Enhancements to equip to your hero’s Power is strategically vital to ensure maximum effectiveness from your hero.

The small number under the Enhancement is the level of that particular Enhancement. Heroes can equip Enhancements that are 3 levels below their Security Level up to 2 levels above their Security Level.

Example:
A Level 15 hero can equip a level 12 enhancement to a level 17 enhancement.

The levels of an enhancement can also be identified by color.

Green = Higher Bonus

White = Normal Bonus

Yellow = Lesser Bonus

Red = No Bonus

“Training Enhancements” can be equipped by heroes of any Origin. They provide a slight bonus to the Power it is equipped to.

“Dual Origin Enhancements” are Enhancements with increased bonus because they can only be equipped by heroes of specific Origins depending on the Enhancement definition, which can be found in the Description (ie. Mutation, Science).

“Single Origin Enhancements” offers the greatest benefit to a power when equipped and are specific to only that Origin.

Combining or Stacking?

Stacking an Enhancement is defined as having two identical Enhancements in two or more different slots of a power.

Example:
A level 10 Damage Enhancement in Slot 1 and a level 10 Damage enhancement in Slot 2 under the Power Brawl.

Combining an enhancement is the taking two powers and merging them to create a higher level power.

Example:
A level 10 Damage enhancement in Slot 1, click on it, and combine it with another level 10 Damage enhancement in the Enhancement Inventory to form a 10+ Damage enhancement (which is as effective as a Level 11 Damage Enhancement).

Stacking Enhancements is much more effective than combining Enhancements and will provide more of a bonus to that Power. However, Powers have their own individual limits on how many Enhancements that can be stacked. This limit is very high and cannot be reached by adding Enhancements alone.

You don’t have to pick one or the other. You can still receive a benefit from your Powers if you have stacked in a Power a level 10+ and a level 11+. It all depends on what level your hero is, and what the Power level/type of an enhancement you are equipping.

#537386 07/14/04 06:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And for good measure:

Where are the Enhancement stores located?

This is the list of different enhancement store and their location.

Agent Six - Founder's Falls

Biotech Nix - Independence Port (Crey Cove), Talos Island (New Sparta )

Cooke's Electronics - Steel Canyon ( Blyde Square ), Skyway City (Astral District)

Deimos Innovations - Independence Port (Crey Cove), Talos Island (New Sparta )

Exarches Industries - Talos Island (New Troy ), Independence Port

Freedom Corp Basic Training - Steel Canyon ( Bronze Way ), Skyway City (Astral District)

Freedom Corp Special Forces - Independence Port (Industry Pier), Talos Island (New Thebus)

Future Dynamics - Independence Port (Wave Landing), Talos Island (New Sparta )

Holstein Armitage - Bricks Town

Image Inc - Skyway City (The Gruff), Steel Canyon (Grimy Ridge)

Mark IV - Founder's Falls (The Gaspee),

Orion Labs - Steel Canyon (Near Talos Island Tram), Skyway City ( Vista Plaza )

Pandora's Box - Steel Canyon ( Platinum Lake ) Skyway City ( Vista Plaza )

Penny Preston - Founder's Falls (Liberty Town)

#537387 07/14/04 06:49 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Varalent:
Are we on for Legion night tonight at 9 PM Eastern?
Caroline and I will try to be there. Not sure I'll be home in time. And Thomas may not make it. He lost power during the bad storms yesterday in IL and, as of this morning, still does not have power at home.

#537388 07/14/04 06:55 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Scott, where did you find that info? Certainly not in the game manual that comes with the cd.

#537389 07/14/04 07:02 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What makes you think I didn't know it off the top of my head? laugh

Actually, City of Heroes FAQ is quite extensive and easily searchable. Just go here to start.

#537390 07/14/04 07:58 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
What makes you think I didn't know it off the top of my head? laugh

Just a guess! laugh

#537391 07/14/04 10:14 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Would have been fun if it didn't cost so much per month frown I can't imagine many of us here willing to subscribe at $30/month eek
$30? Did the price go up? I only played it the first month, but it was only $15 at the time. The only reason I stopped is because my graphics card apparently isn't up to the task of giving me color in the game.

Dan
#537392 07/14/04 10:37 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, that was inaccurate information early on in this thread. It still works out to about $15/month.

#537393 07/14/04 05:33 PM
Leader
Leader
Not sure if any of you know the answer to this question but...are the Dual Origin enhancements that much better than training enhancements?
My DO enhancements have been a mixed bag so far. I scrimped and saved and bought several 15s in anticipation of becoming level 12.

There is a noticeable change in the accuracy of my heals with that enhancement, more than I think I would expect from a training enhancement. But I'm disappointed with the healing enhancement. Before installing the 15 heal, I had a 9++ in there and was healing 54 per use. With the enhancement, I'm healing 61. That's more than a 10% increase, but it doesn't strike me as being much more than I would have gotten with a 15 training enhancement for a lot less money. I haven't noticed that much of a difference with my 15 DO recharge reduction on that either. (Can you tell I'm really trying to boost Shadow Lad's healing potential to make him more useful?)

As for my damage DO's, I've noticed a significant increase in my snipe damage, but not as significant with my other damage power.

I guess you REALLY see the difference once you start stacking them (as opposed to combining them). And don't waste your money buying extra DO enhancements if you're going to combine. You just won't get anywhere close to enough bang for your buck.

As for tonight, we've got to start packing now that most of the laundry is done, but I'll be hopping on for a little while.

#537394 07/15/04 05:34 PM
Leader
Leader
Task force update:

>> Discussion Thread
>> Response (Vyvyanne) 07/15/2004 06:02 PM
>> The missions for Positron, despite being available starting
>> at level 10 are all set to level 15. This means you can see
>> a range of mobs from level 13-17. This is why it is only
>> recommended for a full group of players level 13 or higher,
>> but is available for lower so you can decide how much of a
>> challenge you want.

> [===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]
I fail to see the logic in allowing players to enter a mission when you, the developers and QA staff are *fully aware* that those players will *not* be able to actually hit any of the enemies, thereby instilling frustration, in your PAYING customer, for your product, as well as making the customers feel misled that they would be able to fulfill the TF missions.

Nowhere in-game have I *ever* seen notification that the Positron TF was intended for 13-15. If the TF is intended for 13-15, then make that common knowledge instead of this seemingly shady "10-15" range that is patently false.

To make sure that I understand: You, COH's QA staff, are telling me that the level 16 mob spawns, that are purple cons for a group of 11 and 12 heroes, is by *design*? You, the staff that creates and supports COH, *designed* the game to spawn mobs of creatures in TF missions that you know the paying customers will not be able to defeat? Am I understanding this correctly?

Thank you for all your efforts on this.

> [===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

So it looks like we'd better try to level up before attempting again so we can SK anyone who doesn't make it. Hold Condo to 15 or he won't be able to join us.

Bastards.

#537395 07/16/04 03:28 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Not to worry, Condo's having a hard time staying alive on his latest mission...and it's in Kings Row!!! Burnser (Hellions Boss)has goten him three time in a row and each time has fully recharged before Condo could get back from the hospital.

Guess I should probably save this one for a team up with a healer. It's the only way I think I'll be able to "arrest" him.

Funny thing is I chose it because I figured a KR mission would be slightly easier that Boomtown eek or one in Skyway City. It appears I was wrong! (Imagine that laugh )

#537396 07/16/04 06:05 AM
Leader
Leader
Missions are all about you and don't care where they are. The only thing safer about a KR mission at your level is getting to it. smile

This sounds like the perfect mission to do with Shadow Lad. Sorry I won't be able to help you with it.

#537397 07/16/04 07:57 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I knew that it's based on my level. As you said, it's just safer getting to it in KR when you're going alone.

frown :sniff: Condo may have to wait for your return then. That Burnser is one of the Damned and he's tough!

#537398 07/16/04 11:21 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Silly humans! Imagine being enthralled by staring at a stupid computer screen for hours on end amking believe they're hunting! HAH!!!

What do they know about hunting?

Nothing! That's what and I'm a Big-game hunter!

#537399 07/16/04 12:11 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Why don't they make keyboards big enough for paws? shake

#537400 07/16/04 01:26 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Queen Connie:
Silly humans! Imagine being enthralled by staring at a stupid computer screen for hours on end amking believe they're hunting! HAH!!!

What do they know about hunting?

Nothing! That's what and I'm a Big-game hunter!
Sure, like chasing crumpled pieces of paper or stalking birds through the window is any better! laugh

#537401 07/18/04 09:57 AM
Active
Active
Well, I just ordered a new computer, os it should be arriving in the next couple of weeks. Plus, I'll be moving at the end of the month, so some time after that you will probably see alot more of Porcupine Pete. I hope everyone doesn't get too far ahead of me. smile

#537402 07/19/04 03:18 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's great SLK! Look forward to seeing lots of Pete & Super Lad Kid.

#537403 07/21/04 03:11 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
For those of you that haven't checked out the updates page, it was just announced that capes will finally be available for your heroes. There is a catch though, you're going to have to earn them.

Apparently they'll become available for you to add to the uniform once your hero reaches level 20.

I've also seen mention of the possiblity to redo you power selections somehow but I don't no the details. Kind of sounds as if it will be as a reward for completing a particular mission.

#537404 07/21/04 03:14 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Anyone going to be around tonight at 9 PM eastern for our regular Legion night?

I'll be there but I know that Scott, Caroline, Seymour, & Thomas are all gone (out of town to SD or vacation) this week. Hopefully some of you will be there.

#537405 07/21/04 05:59 PM
Active
Active
Good news! I just found out that the place I'm moving to will have DSL available at a reasonable rate! So combined with my new (still-in-the-mail) computer, I should be able to play CoH with little difficulty!

Bad news! I probably won't be completely hooked up until the middle of August. Looks like Pete and SLK are going to get further behind. frown

Page 14 of 70 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 69 70

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,838
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star