Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 4 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 07/07/24 06:55 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 07/07/24 06:54 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 07/07/24 06:52 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 07/07/24 04:32 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 07/07/24 04:05 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 07/04/24 01:44 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 4 JULY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/04/24 11:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 69 of 77 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 76 77
Re: American Idol
#521241 02/25/10 02:15 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Deirdre:
rotflmao
Nothing wrong with the mikes, just their voices, especially Ashley's.
smile
That IS too bad!

. . . I'll still be watching the show, but until the Top 12, I'll be posting my thoughts in the morning, working from memory.
frown
Midnite the same day is a challenge for me!

This will all get better later on, you think?!
It must be their age and inexperience!

I'm sorry I missed the first two and came in on Urban, although the replays weren't much better than last nights, really.

I don't think Urban was as bad as Simon said, but he's certainly not someone I'd ever really enjoy.

I'm afraid I'm gonna be a Casey fan all the way through.
Lee and Andy are a little interesting, too.

I know who my final 6 are, anyway.
It's gonna be a long season.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521242 02/25/10 06:34 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I thought Casey left all the other guys in the dust. Good song choice, good voice, good looks, great hair...unless he makes some Nadia Turner-level blunders, his victory seems assured.

The funny thing about Urban is that he's really no worse a singer than the guy from One Republic. The theme nights get a lot of criticism in this thread, but I like them because they're a reminder that music used to be better.

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
#521243 02/25/10 07:48 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yes, songs used to be better.

My all time favorite singer/voice is Josh Grobin but sometimes I wish he had better material.

After him, it's a tie between Paul Simon and Paul McCartney/John Lennon.
They MADE super songs.
sigh

I always think it's strange that the Idol kids are put in theme nights and then critisize for song choices.
Even worse, at the end, they get dissed for the songs that the judges and the producer pick.
shrug

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521244 02/25/10 10:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh dear. I'm just not finding myself all that into AI this season, except for reading stuff like they have on Vote for the Worst. I'm sure that will change.

Loved seeing Allison and Kris tonight. Thought Allsion sounded kinda bad, yet I could tell I would like this song. I'm going to seek it out on YouTube and listen to its studio version.

Weren't Casey's "why the hell are you putting the camera in MY face?" expressions cute during the awful hella-gay group number? As was Crystal being forced to do goofy cornball dance mooves. Heh! I love Crystal and Casey.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521245 02/25/10 10:36 PM
Active
Active
Someone better step it up, 'cause so far, this season is made of MEH.

#521246 02/26/10 02:20 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
The thing I usually like to do is review each performance night in order of my least favorite performance to my most favorite. But at this point I have to economize my 'puter time, so I'll just comment on what I recall. I'm using the AI website with the top 24's portraits, to keep track.

I like Andrew Garcia's ambition to rework songs, but he needs to remember to keep them Idol-ish.

Casey James is eye candy and ear candy. JEALOUS! Naw, not really... well, maybe kinda. lol

LOVE Crystal! Wasn't too thrilled with the Alanis song, but it was still good.

Haley really needs to tone it down, but she is only 16. Still.... it's a competition.

Jermaine did over sing, but still good.

Surprised and delighted by Katelyn! I thought she was stupid stupid stupid for picking that song but I thought she really nailed it and she was supercute!

I like Lee and Big Mike a lot. I hope they hang in there and figure it out.

LOVE LILLY!!! Great rendition of a song I'd have to listen to the original again to remember. She's my favorite girl, it's just that I'm not so sure she's really Idol winner material. We'll see.

Todrick's screwed up version of Kelly's song kinda irritated me. I wanted to like it, but I couldn't.

The rejects were no big surprise. I think it's a "starpower" competition at this point.

#521247 02/26/10 02:23 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I should say... potential starpower competition!

#521248 02/26/10 02:41 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I kinda thought the 'Morrison' kid was right in his comment about the judges being all 'we love your Morrison vibe' until the 24, then they wanted to see something else.

Oh well.
He's got enough to be a 'front man' like Kara said so maybe we'll see him again someday.

I would have sent a few home before Janel but there ARE too many bland blondes.
Ashley was absolutely no loss to me.

I held my breath with DiDi, though.
I hope this was a wake-up call for her!

I don't care fore Allison and didn't really remember her. I knew that I should but I just didn't.
She needs Adam to make me interested in her voice, I guess.

Chris was fun to watch but 'Let it Be' really didn't have much to it. I remember that song as much more complicated than that.

I like Ellen, but I'm starting to miss Paula's expertize and things. I'd trade her for Kara anyday. Simon seems to have no chemistry with her, at all.
They should change her seat with Ellen, imo.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521249 02/26/10 07:19 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I won't miss any of the four who were voted out, especially not Ashley -- she has to be the LEAST GRACIOUS LOSER in the history of AI.

As Lash already observed, Casey was adorable.

I didn't like either of the guest performances. Allison seemed wasted, and Kris ruined one of the most beautiful songs ever written.

#521250 03/02/10 08:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Typing as it plays tonight, so SPOILERS FOLLOW...

Mike's become a contender now. ImPRESSED.

John Park did fine, but I agree about the lack of connection. FEEL IT, John! Don't dream it-- BE IT.

Casey's GREAT with the guitar. Kara obviously had to act as she did tonight before her husband divorced her. Vocally, it's true Casey was just a'iight tonight though, but he's still sooper-kyoot.

Alex is a different cute, nerd cute. I bet he would get me flowers. Then I bet I would put out. I find myself drawn to his odd voice. Nice acoustic guitar. For real, who has a voice like that? I like it. WOW, killer praise from the judges. I'm glad!

Uggh. Fraudrick. This is going to suck ass... Pay the kids back, Fraudrick. And stop trying to pretend you're straight, you ain't fooling no one. Is he incapable of singing a song's original melody? Bye bye now.

OH GAWD!! Jermaine SLAUGHTERED one of the most beautiful songs of the 90s (or was it late 80s? 1990 maybe) last week... but not before totally pissing all over it and shoving bamboo up its fingernails and clamping electrodes to its testicles, so I am so NOT looking forward to this. Well, this week wasn't on the level of last week's abomination, but it wasn't that great either. I'm glad the judges didn't care for it.

Andrew Garcia? I wonder which forgotten peppy pop tune he'll turn into a pretty though somewhat sleepy lullabye this week...? Hmm. He changed it up a little this week, by not changing it up. I kinda like it, but I still get this whole "Danny Gokey 2.0" vibe that's making me not jump all the way in just yet. A couple bum notes at the end.

Aaron Kelly? I can't even say he's cute without getting arrested! So let's just discuss his talent....

Hmm. I was going to not type anything more to be funny, but the kid is actually good. REAL good. He annoys me less than David Archuletta did for some reason. I predict top 4 now. Write it down.

Tim Urban? Must have sex with!! He's VFTW's guy pick. I predict vast improvement this week. Let's see. Looks like I was wrong, "vast" was too strong. But still, TAKE IT OFF!!! teehee!

Okay, one thing you should know is that, lookswise, Lee Dewyze is the kind of straight guy all the gay guys get a hujamous crush on. Well, me anyway. But can he sing? Yes he can, though why do I get the feeling I'd never buy one of his albums?

So that's it. MUCH better this week.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#521251 03/03/10 01:47 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Like last week, Mike and Lee rise to the top of my list. I also liked Alex Lambert! surprise!

The others were either goofy or sleepy to me.

I hope Crystal's okay!

#521252 03/03/10 04:08 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Casey, Lee, Aaron, Andy and Mike were just okay this week.
I thought Casey was a little swallowed up by the noise but Mike did much better this week than last, imo, but he's still not great, too monotoned for me.

Like Sketch, I really was surprised to enjoy Alex Lambert this week.
His voice reminds me a little of Rod Stewart, which is a pretty interesting development.
(I voted for him and Casey this week.)

Ellen said that Tim should be an actor/singer rather than a singer and I agree with her, although I can see Aaron in Glee even more than Tim.

Togrick, Rodrick, whatever, needs to do plays and the other one (Jermaine?) needs to stay with Christian music, I think. We're pretty forgiving on music abilities if we feel the singers connection to the Spirit of God.

I feel bad for John Park.
There's just something about him that doesn't work for me.
I wish it did because his voice is okay and he seems so nice.
sigh

Are they eliminating 4 again this week?

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521253 03/03/10 07:11 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
This week, none of the guys stood out for me. Some of them were better than last week, but there were no star-making performances, even from my beloved Casey, who chose a really over-familiar song (and we all know what familiarity breeds, don't we?)

#521254 03/03/10 08:55 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
In no particular order...

The whole while that Lacey was adequately singing Sixpence None the Richer, I kept wishing she was singing the Sundays instead. I doubt she'll get another chance, but I hope she does.

DiDi really blew her chance. She has talent, but she is so not a soul singer. And once again, indulgent. Goodbye.

Lilly doing Sam Cooke...I think the judges are deeply wrong, and Lilly will probably not be back next week. Stealth thought that her attempts at testifying sounded like the guy from Rush.

Three misguided attempts at soul in one night. Katharine McPhee's version of Aretha Franklin's "Think" was transcendent, but Katharine is not like most white girls. Siobhan's version was alternately flat and noisy, and she is like most white girls.

Katelyn...I don't know, she just grates on me.

I liked the song that Katie chose, but her performance was meh. She lacks warmth.

Stealth ran screaming from the room when they announced that Paige was going to cover Kelly Clarkson. Paige is less shrill than Kelly, but who isn't? And the song is awful.

And Hayley really does need a lot more practice.

Michelle doing Creed filled me with dread, partly because I personally dislike Creed. But surprisingly, it wasn't bad at all. Two weeks in a row, Michelle has gotten me to enjoy songs I don't like, and two weeks in a row, she's been my favorite of the night.

As for Crystal, good for her that she's so strong, but I just do not like her voice or her look. And I love the CCR song she chose, but I didn't like what she did with it.

#521255 03/03/10 09:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
CRYSTAL is my favorite of the boys and girls and my pick for the win. I ***LOVE*** CCR and when I doscovered she was doing this song, I just about wet my pants. LOVE HER, ADORE HER, L'AMOUR HER.

But it isn't ALL about Crystal, after tonight... other lasses I l'amoured:

LACEY. Her voice is sooooOOOoooo quirky and chirpy or whatever, I just really like her. I'd like to see her do a Cranberries song. I'm scared she's a goner but I really hope not. "Kiss Me" is a real feel good song for me and I felt good watching her perform it.

LILLY. She reminded me to a degree of Lucinda Williams, and Lu is my favorite artist, so that should tell you something.

SIOBHAN. I never would have thought I would like her. I even didn't mind her so-so performance of "Think", she's just so amusing and likable.

PAIGE picked a current song and had fun with it. Definitely points in her favor.

At this point I'm still not real super-invested in anyone except for Crystal, but I do truly hope Lacey makes it through.

#521256 03/04/10 02:07 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
This sounds bad, I know, but I just wouldn't buy music from any of them.
They're good kids and some even have interesting voices, but one thing or another gets in the way.
frown

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521257 03/04/10 08:05 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
sigh The ones I like always leave early.

Farewell, Michelle.

At least Lacey's still around.

I liked the song that Danny Gokey performed, but I didn't know it was country until after it was over and he and Ryan started talking. I just thought it was a good pop song.

#521258 03/04/10 08:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
So, who's the other ones!!!!!!!
I have another hour and a half until the show even comes on!

Tell me!
boohoo

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#521259 03/04/10 10:56 PM
Active
Active
Nooooooo....not Danny Gokey! I was hoping I was done seeing him after last season.

I am intrigued by Paige---she needs to do a BIG showy song next week. Maybe "Bust Your Windows"??

#521260 03/05/10 01:58 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
After girls' night, my already favorites stay in place.

I really like what Crystal did a LOT.

I was skeptical about Lilly's version of "A Change..." but I ended up liking it. I have listened to Adam Lambert's version of that song over and over and over, so I'm obviously a big fan of his version. I also really like Patti LaBelle's live version. So, Lilly gets points for her departure version.

I thought the judges were totally wrong about Katelyn's version of the Coldplay song. It wasn't too slow. It kinda reminded me of when GaGa goes mellow. AND Katelyn is just really cute. I don't see the corny Simon's talking about. Maybe it's more there live?

The rest don't interest me much. Siobahn was pretty charming, but didn't really wow me vocally.

The eliminations didn't shock or annoy me.

#521261 03/09/10 07:59 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Opening with...yet another awful Kelly Clarkson song. As usual, Katie is all technique and no heart.

I am not looking forward to hearing Siobhan sing "House of the Rising Sun."

LOL She screwed up a lyric.

Meh overall.

Finally, time for Lacey.

I like the song, I like the vocal. This may just be her breakthrough performance.

Katelyn's going to cover Carole King? That might actually work.

It didn't work for me.

If DiDi doesn't choose the right song this week, her luck's not going to hold out.

Fleetwood Mac's "Rhiannon." I love that song.

Uh-oh. She's trying to affect Stevie Nicks' unique vocal stylings. Unwise.

And the arrangement is sopoforic.

Huh. Paige really turned back the clock with her choice.

There was something very supper-clubby about the performance. She's the most likely to be voted off. Simon echoed my thoughts.

Crystal's going to sing Tracy Chapman. I could actually tolerate that.

I liked it better than her last couple performances, but she was shrill in spots.

Lilly's going to sing Patsy Cline. I'm actually looking forward to this.

After an awkward start, it clicked. I liked it even better than her "Fixing a Hole" performance.

Some really good song choices tonight, even if they didn't all work. By far my favorite episode to date this season. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

#521262 03/09/10 08:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thank SPACE its only 1 hour tonight... typing after each performance...

Bye bye Katie.

Siobhan could be one to watch out for. She's in.

Lacey-- I can guarantee you I'd buy a CD of hers... LOVE her voice, but is she in? I dunno... the judges liked her. I hope she makes it! Of all the girls, she seems the most continually 'on the bubble' in the competition, even though I've liked everything she's done.

Katelyn is easily the most marketable girl. Despite the critiques, I'll be surprised if she isn't in.

Most I've enjoyed Didi yet.

Paige might be in trouble. Bye Paige. You're cute and all but know that your sacrifice makes a spot for my beloved Lacey!

Crystal is perfection. Learn her, live her, love her, adore her, l'amour her.... ENCORE!!

Okay I'm officially in Lilly's camp too now.

LOVE the quirkiness and diversity in this season's girls.

Here's my personal favorties in order:

1. Crystal, of course.

2. Lacey, hope to see her on a Cranberries or Sundays song ASAP.

3. Didi earns the 3rd spot based on the strength and beauty of her acoustic "Rhiannon" tonight.

4. Lilly.

#521263 03/09/10 08:19 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Lacey, hope to see her on a Cranberries or Sundays song ASAP.
Me, too. Either that or Dolores O'Riordan's minor solo hit "Ordinary Day", which I think is one of the most overlooked songs of the past decade (it was big in continental Europe, though.)

#521264 03/09/10 10:54 PM
Active
Active
I was SO disappointed with Paige! I was hoping she would finally deliver, but she choked big time. She's a goner.

I would like to think Katie is also out, but I think it might be Katelyn or Lacey, both of whom I liked. I thought Katelyn was good two weeks running, but the judges really don't like her!
Lacey's performance was very interesting, and I hope she makes it through. Siobhan, Crystal and Lilly were also fine. Girls are SO much better than the boys this year!

#521265 03/10/10 02:16 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Crystal reminds me of Janis Joplin in attitude and voice.
She's just a little prettier and I don't know if Janis played the guitar.
I like her but I've seen her, I guess.
She's really good, though.

Lacey's cute and she has a cute, quirky voice.
She reminds me a lot of the little gal in Shop of Horrors and Ghostbusters, is it Annie Potts?

My favorite is still DiDi, though.
I'm a sucker for a singer/songwriter type.
She's got so much talent.

Shioban is my other favorite.
I find her to be just right!

I like Lilly and Katelyn, too.
Katelyn is something else.
I'd put her on Broadway.
I like to put people there!
smile

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
Page 69 of 77 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,781
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
chemicalking
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ultrajo
ultrajo
Atlanta, GA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star