Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac), 25 Murran Spies, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:53 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:52 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:49 PM
So what are you WATCHING? Part 2
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:34 PM
What are you looking for in your scifi?
by stile86 - 10/10/24 08:31 PM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by stile86 - 10/10/24 07:25 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 77 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 76 77
Re: American Idol
#519791 01/26/05 09:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Also, I really liked the kid who sang "I Can't Wait to be King". I thought he should have made the cut.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#519792 02/02/05 07:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What? No comment from Lash about the guy who attempted to sing The Darkness' "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"? laugh

#519793 02/02/05 11:45 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Actually, I thought he did okay with it.

I've found my new "Scooter Girl-esque Obsession Chick" for 2005-- that blue-haired girl who sang PHANTOM OF THE OPERA ***blew me AWAY**!! I'm obsessed!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#519794 02/02/05 12:47 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He definitely got the pitch right. I would have liked to seen him seriously try singing it though. It appeared, to me, he was trying to be to out there.

And that girl, Briana, was great. I immediately put her in my top finalists.

Not so was the one that Paula fought for. What was she thinking?

#519795 02/02/05 12:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Well, he was cute, and remember-- Paula is a dancer first and foremost. The kid could bust the moves. But this isn't a dancing competition. She should have bowed to Randy & Simon's wishes (or Rather, Randy shouldn't have caved to hers), but who knows, maybe the kid will surprise us.

Glad you liked Briana, I loved everything about her from her look to her eerie voice, the eerie voice is what makes me love Sarah Brightman too.

#519796 02/02/05 01:02 PM
Active
Active
That eerieness makes my hair stand on end. tongue

#519797 02/02/05 02:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Caroline and I were talking about how she was like Sarah Brightman when Simon up and mentioned her name too.

Bri's look is what first grabbed me. She's the kind of girl I would hang with when I was in school. Then to hear that voice too was just great. Immediately I knew they'd pick her even though the trio had pushed off a few saying that maybe the pop field wasn't their calling.

All in all I was just glad to finally see some talent getting spotlighted. Hopefully tonight's show will be as good as last night's.

#519798 02/02/05 02:55 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, I noticed last night's show focused more on the talent and much less on the nonsense. Hope that trend continues tonight. You don't like the eerieness, Bubbles? There's not a song out there that Sarah Brightman couldn't make her own, I bet!

And I'm hoping the same is true of Briana!

#519799 02/02/05 03:14 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I love love LOVE it when someone looks all punk rock like that, and then ends up having a major talent, especially a classical talent. Paula said it when she mentioned that she thought Briana could adapt to pop music, with such an "instrument." It will be interesting to see how she does as the competition commences.

Lots of interesting characters last night. The James Brown guy did seem pretty talented. He really should have held back on the dancing in order to showcase his voice more. I hope he does well, too. The trachiatomy kid seems interesting, too. The Darkness guy probably should have sung something "straight" too. Farmer Boy was good, too.

I really didn't know what to think of the frankly unattractive girl with the beautiful voice. Maybe not pop music, maybe stage musicals or opera for her? Character work?

#519800 02/03/05 02:30 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I watched bits of Wednesday night's show. I liked the crooners. I hope something happens with them. It seems like getting angry at the judges was a running theme. The guy who did the whole rap about the judges was pretty good, but it's weird that he doesn't realize that this isn't the place for him. He has anger management issues...and he's a NANNY! The girl in the hoochie outfit was *weird*. I kept wondering if she was on drugs or drunk or something. I think things are going to get different and interesting in the next round in Hollywood.

#519801 02/03/05 09:57 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The crooners were my favorites of last night, but the big crooner needs to be less a crybaby. I liked the stylish goateed hat-wearing crooner best.

I dunno how Fishnets Lass made the cut. I felt sorry for JP, hottie twin # 2. He just wasn't destined to make it, but he wanted to go with his brother and I wanted him to make the cut. *sigh* Plus he surrrrrre is purdy.

Next week: HOLLYWEIRD, baby! And things are gonna get POPPIN'! Set your VCRs, and everyone root for Briana!

#519802 02/08/05 08:25 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm a bit sad and elated at the same time with tonight's results. My favorite didn't make it through but one of my others did.

#519803 02/09/05 10:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yeah, Briana got cut. The cute twin guy got cut. I guess I'm okay with it. Briana picked the wrong song (I'd have like to hear her do that "You don't have to say you love me..." song all eerie-style and stuff, that would have been kewl) The twin guy sounded like crap.

Loved all 3 of the rocker guys, but I'm worried for them tonight, when everyone will be doing dance routines in groups of 3. Can't see them being the "dance routine" types.

The one girl who passed through decided to leave. Good. She *should* want to be with her son. I applaud her for wanting the things in life that really DO matter.

Lots of my favorites made it through-- blonde glasses boy, the goateed crooner, Hottie Sauve Vasquez, the big girl, and more I can't recall right now.

And I was thrilled to see Miss "If I can't express myself through music I will die and I hocked my wedding ring instead of my karaoke machine to come here and I'll state in front of my husband and daughter that making Hollywood is THE best thing that ever happened to me!" got cut. So she now has 2 options-- she can go home and die, or she can go home and raise her daughter. Sorry, I have zero respect for that girl.

#519804 02/09/05 11:12 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Her little my life is over now speech earned her nothing but a big fat raspberry from me. She needs to grow up and now.

I guess Constatine will be getting my votes, assuming he makes it past the next stage. It looks like a number of them are being set up for a fall with the groups.

#519805 02/09/05 11:26 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmm. Maybe her daughter would be better off if Mom DID just run off and die because she can't express herself through music.

Did a little research on the AI MB.

Seems Drama Damsel is a former stripper, accused child abuser, alcoholic and drug-addict. Not "Idol" material at all, I'd say....

Check this out:

Drama Damsel

#519806 02/09/05 02:49 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
That round of auditions is where it really starts to show off who has substance. I agree with all the cuts that were made, that were shown. I was really hoping Briana would do something cool. With her it was pure nerves. Maybe she wasn't comfortable with the song choices, but that's how it is from now on. Drama Damsel... at first I thought she was sweet, but boy, I guess she's really out of order. I haven't read that article yet, Lash.

I thought the young girl who wanted Simon to go to the prom with her was adorable. I hope she can reign in her energy to perform well.

LOVE that all the rockers made it! The groups of three aren't supposed to be dance routines are they? Speaking of dancing, what happened with the guy that Paula fought so hard for? I don't recall seeing him, if he was cut or not.

They're making it sound like the group auditions are going to be rough. The singers should recognize that the people who make it on the show have group numbers every week. It's American Idol, not American Ego. I'll be home tonight, so I can watch!

#519807 02/10/05 01:25 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
First of all, it was weird having to wait til 9 to watch the show. I had to switch between Idol and Project Runway, but I preferred Idol. Then, I recalled that Runway shows again at 11.

Anyway, like always, I find AI to be great entertainment. I love the way they show the behind the scenes dramas, and then the performances.

#519808 02/10/05 11:58 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
WHOA! Was anyone else HELLA-impressed with Hottie C. Vasquez's group? they busted it OUT!! (his group also featured the twin who didn't get sent home-- he was spec-freaking-tacular-- and iirc, the music instructor w/ the long braids. Best group of 3 routine I have EVER seen on AI.

#519809 02/11/05 10:07 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Just wanted to point out that there's a GREAT yahoo group for AI. The person there posts EVERYTHING, all the performances...
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/American_Idol_By_Request/

#519810 02/16/05 06:48 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
My family taped last night's show for me. Boy, judging those guys must be really hard. It was hard to tell who would make it and who wouldn't. Tonight... more cuts!

#519811 02/16/05 08:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great episode tonight, as our final 24 were revealed. Overall, I was very pleased.

Early favorites include Mario Vasquez (of course; I think he'll win), Anwar Robinson (the music teacher guy with braids), Blondie C. Glasses, both rocker guys (Constantine & Bo), Carrie Underwood (the cute country singing girl), Mikayla (the young cheerleader chick with all the personality) and more. I like a lot of these kids!!!

#519812 02/16/05 09:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
We were pleased to. Probably the most diverse group yet. And we get three shows next week.

#519813 02/21/05 07:22 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
WOW. Great ep tonight as the 12 guys engaged in a war of the vocals! And I'm sure you're dying to hear what I thought of each, so here goes (in order of performance)!

NIKKO, "Part Time Lovers". Feh. Good enough voice but not much charisma there.

SCOTT SAVOL, "You Are My Lady". I actually thought he sounded okay, but there's something about this guy I just can't like. I've felt this way from the start. Maybe it's an attitude thing, I dunno, but I dont like this guy.

ANTHONY (Blondie Glasses), "Hold On To The Night". Yeah, the song is dull but he sang the hell out of it.

BO BICE "Drift Away". HOT. Hot hot hot hot hot. Hot hot HOT-- hot hot HOT; hot hot!! He rolled, he rocked. I loved it.

TRAVIS, "My Cherie Amour". His looks might get him through this round because he is absolutely adorable, but his performance made me want to cry.

CONSTANTINE, "Kiss From A Rose". The song choice surprised and pleased me, and I thought he did well. But I think I'm a "Bo" man!

DAVID BROWN, "Never Can Say Goodbye". Adequate, but not a standout.

JARED YATES, ?. Dunno what that song was, but I didn't like it very much.

ANWAR ROBINSON, "Moon River". Weird song choice, but did he bust it OUT, or what? Powerful voice he's got.

JUDD HARRIS, "Travelin' Band". Who couldn't like this guy's fun rendition of this song? Absolutely enjoyable, this kid is an entertainer.

JOSEPH, "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You". Yeah, yeah, I know, Michael Bolton song. But he sang its tits off, I thought. Good job!

MARIO VASQUEZ, "Do I Do". Do you do... what I do? I dunno, but I'll be happy to find out! *dreamy sigh* This guy has the hotness of Bo combined with the entertainment ability of Judd. He's a contender this year, for certain. He's my early pick to win.

PREDICTION: Nikko, Scott, David & Jared better watch out; 2 are getting voted out this time and I think it will be 2 of them. Travis will get by this round on his looks, but he better step it up next time.

#519814 02/21/05 11:27 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by MLLASH:
WOW. Great ep tonight as the 12 guys engaged in a war of the vocals! And I'm sure you're dying to hear what I thought of each, so here goes (in order of performance)!

NIKKO, "Part Time Lovers". Feh. Good enough voice but not much charisma there.

Ditto....

SCOTT SAVOL, "You Are My Lady". I actually thought he sounded okay, but there's something about this guy I just can't like. I've felt this way from the start. Maybe it's an attitude thing, I dunno, but I dont like this guy.

I already forgot who that was. Not a good omen....

ANTHONY (Blondie Glasses), "Hold On To The Night". Yeah, the song is dull but he sang the hell out of it.

I expected better from him. Still, not bad....

BO BICE "Drift Away". HOT. Hot hot hot hot hot. Hot hot HOT-- hot hot HOT; hot hot!! He rolled, he rocked. I loved it.

I must agree.....

TRAVIS, "My Cherie Amour". His looks might get him through this round because he is absolutely adorable, but his performance made me want to cry.

Uh oh, already forgot him, too....

CONSTANTINE, "Kiss From A Rose". The song choice surprised and pleased me, and I thought he did well. But I think I'm a "Bo" man!

Constantine has to be careful. He's good but he can get in over his head....

DAVID BROWN, "Never Can Say Goodbye". Adequate, but not a standout.

Again, I agree....

JARED YATES, ?. Dunno what that song was, but I didn't like it very much.

Yuck. Sounded like a Marc Anthony wanna-be.....

ANWAR ROBINSON, "Moon River". Weird song choice, but did he bust it OUT, or what? Powerful voice he's got.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen when he began, but yes, he DID bust it out....

JUDD HARRIS, "Travelin' Band". Who couldn't like this guy's fun rendition of this song? Absolutely enjoyable, this kid is an entertainer.

So much fun....

JOSEPH, "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You". Yeah, yeah, I know, Michael Bolton song. But he sang its tits off, I thought. Good job!

Sorry, didn't grab me....

MARIO VASQUEZ, "Do I Do". Do you do... what I do? I dunno, but I'll be happy to find out! *dreamy sigh* This guy has the hotness of Bo combined with the entertainment ability of Judd. He's a contender this year, for certain. He's my early pick to win.

My wife think's he's "sooooo cute!" I thought he was very entertaining.

PREDICTION: Nikko, Scott, David & Jared better watch out; 2 are getting voted out this time and I think it will be 2 of them. Travis will get by this round on his looks, but he better step it up next time.

#519815 02/22/05 01:32 AM
Leader
Leader
We don't get this ep until Friday here (when we get both the week's episodes in one go) so can't comment really yet, but from last week the ones that stuck out for me were Bo, the bond guy with the glasses (who has the potential to be very cute) and the singing teacher guy (forget his name). He was fabulous.

As for the girls, well a lot of them seem a bit bland. Maybe it's because we weren't shown much of them but half of them CVhris and I just sat there going 'who the hell is she?'. The ones that stood out were the country girl (Carrie? Cassie? We liked her lots). The girl with the Macy Grey hair and the sisteen year old that told Simon off for not listening while she was singing. Maybe not the greatest voice but she most certainly has the personality to carry her through. Incredibly confident and a bit cocky without being arrogant (as far as you can tell so far).

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
Page 11 of 77 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 76 77

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,058
Posts1,049,218
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star