Roll Call
1 members (Ann Hebistand), 7 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/28/24 04:59 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Ann Hebistand - 06/28/24 04:56 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/28/24 04:36 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 06/28/24 03:39 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/28/24 03:26 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/28/24 05:41 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/27/24 12:26 PM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 06/27/24 09:20 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: X-Men/X-Factor: Messiah CompleX
#515847 02/01/08 07:56 AM
Reboot Offline OP
#deleteFacebook
OP Offline
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
X-MEN LEGACY-- Apparently the memories/thoughts/projections? of a comatose Charles Xavier. Who's been kidnapped (or whose body has been kidnapped). By....? Shadow King? Cassandra Nova? A telepathic entity? Malice?
The Acolytes - Tempo froze time and nicked his body. He's actually dead, but Exodus is going to unkill him... but not without some serious glitches to work through: http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.2327.Carey_Talks_X-Men_Legacy

X-Men-- don't know what to expect here, really. Anyone seen hints? Who's appearing
Do you mean Uncanny? X-Men's becoming Legacy.

There's an interim arc following Cyclops & Frost; Angel; and Nightcrawler, Colossus & Wolverine. Then there's going to be a new core team starting in #500 - the FCBD X-Men cover suggests it's the AXM team with Nightcrawler and Pixie replacing Beast and Shadowcat.

X-FACTOR-- supposed to be a character to replace Rahne. All else continues as it was. Though the team now has a more unified purpose in rescuing Layla, I think.
Darwin's the replacement for Wolfsbane.

CABLE-- raising baby Jean (or whoever) off somewhere else. Another time? Like that'll be long-lasting. Other characters? Bishop?
Bishop's the bad guy. He's even been given a metal right arm because Cable has a metal left arm to show how they're mirror images...

Frankly, it looks crap, and this is coming from a Cable fan...

There's a couple of WOLVERINE titles, but I don't pay any attention to those, frankly. Unless there's a guest-star I care about. I think I remember reading that Millar is coming back to Wolverine, which might mean a return to the NORTHSTAR storyline. I'd be into that.
Miller's story is a future story. That sounds, as this guy so succinctly put it , like "a plot that was developed before the licensed characters to fill it out were chosen. I suppose it's just possible that Millar will make everything seem like an organic outgrowth of the characters, but this synopsis is somewhere between a random pop-culture collage and deliberate Internet bomb-throwing of the sort Millar's indulged in before."

I think Warlock's appearing in NOVA now (anyone read that title and care to confirm?), so maybe there'll even be a bigger reunion in the future.
Warlock's due to appear in Nova #11-12 anyway, when Nova visits the Technarchy homeworld.

And ASTONISHING continues on it's parallel track,...
It's on pause after July for six-eight months* before Ellis & Bianchi's AXM: Second Stage gets underway.

*cue round of "how do you tell the difference" jokes.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#515848 02/01/08 11:46 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Reboot:
It's on pause after July for six-eight months* before Ellis & Bianchi's AXM: Second Stage gets underway.

*cue round of "how do you tell the difference" jokes.
Ellis is taking over for Whedon? Awesome, another book I can drop from my pull-list.

Which leaves me with PADs X-Factor for Marvel. Yikes. I hadn't realized it had gotten that small!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#515849 02/01/08 12:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I've never liked anything Ellis has done until recently with Thunderbolts. So I am looking foward to his AXM.

Uncanny is what I'm really excited about. That's Brubaker right? A story in San Fran with Angel, Scott, and Emma? That sounds awesome!

I've always wanted Angel to move out west and lead his own X-Men with possibly Bobby at this side. San Fran is where I would've put them as well. So I am pumped. (as for the other members of my San Fran team? Skids, Meltdown (boom boom), Leech, and a wildcard...maybe villain)

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,538
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
BLA, Queer Legion
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jdpinball
jdpinball
EARTH
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star