Roll Call
0 members (), 10 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/29/24 12:36 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27
Re: Justice League
#504305 02/14/10 12:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
About CRY FOR JUSTICE-- I can understand folks' problems with the story, but I haven't seen much mention of the text pages at each issue's end. I've quite enjoyed them, in fact, they've elevated my enjoyment of the book much more than the story itself would've warranted.

I like the characters assembled here, I like the art when it's not being so over-the-top gory, don't care tuppence about Prometheus (what an insult to the Titan who first bore that name, mythological firebringer to man, legendary sufferer). Sad about Roy, don't recognize Donna, glad to see Mikaal (and Shade) back in a book, curious about Congorilla...

#504306 02/19/10 08:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
OK- I really liked #42. I loved the way it encompassed the DCU's breadth, even into its past. Challengers of the Unknown, Metal Men, Josiah Power, Uncle Sam and a couple of Freedom Fighters, Blackhawk... cameos that were as fun as they were unexpected.

I even liked the new group of New God knockoffs, for what they were. If the real thing are off-limits for awhile, why not some 'evil' copies? Don't know if I want to see them persist as is, but as entry level villains? I'm somewhat intrigued, at least.

The Shade! Still a great character to read... I don't know what to make of the Green Arrow/Shade subplot. I'm certainly curious about it.

Now for the line-up... I like each of these characters... I even like them together. But are the Justice League? Not yet- but they could read that way, I suppose.

Surprisingly, the character that I currently would want to stick around whenever Kal-el, Diana and Bruce return (and we all know they will) is Cyborg. I liked his scene with Red Tornado and think they'd make a pretty nifty sub-team within the League.

#504307 02/20/10 08:59 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
I liked #42 as well. Great to see Josiah Power & all the other cameos.

#504308 02/21/10 08:34 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Considering Robinson's track record with "Cry For Justice" it's a minor miracle Power Company didn't end up in body bags, dismembered, turned into mulch or furniture or something equally horrific.

#504309 03/04/10 03:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Whine For Justice finally finishes and with it so does the life of one of DC's best supporting characters.

I have no words for how much I want James Robinson and Dan Didio gone from DC Comics. They are everything that's wrong with the company today.

#504310 03/04/10 10:14 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I just went and read the spoilers because of Blacula's post. What I read is actually sickening:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lian Harper is killed; Green Arrow murders Prometheus, other awful things happen.</span></span>

Wow, just awful. This will go down as one of the worst mini-series of all time. This is as bad as anything DC, Marvel or Image has ever done before in the history of all of those companies.

How can I expect to give Robinson a chance after this?

#504311 03/04/10 02:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm hoping beyond hope that it was Danny D. that mandated this thing and not Robinson that came up with it.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#504312 03/04/10 02:45 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
I am not enjoying JLA, JSA, or All-Stars right now. I am proceeding with the JLA under the assumption that the current line-up is just a place-holder until the Big Three are available again.

FruitBoy

#504313 03/05/10 05:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I just went and read the spoilers because of Blacula's post. What I read is actually sickening:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lian Harper is killed; Green Arrow murders Prometheus, other awful things happen.</span></span>

W?
yeah!!! not even in the story and then pow!

my reaction was "really? really? was that necessary? dumb nasses."

ruined cry for justice which i was into int he beginning, i think its dumped me from jla too. its just gross

#504314 03/05/10 03:48 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#504315 03/05/10 04:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My cbs had sold out, so I didn't pick this up. The bare bones of the spoiler are certainly horrible and nothing I particularly want to read. It does explain Donna in Justice League quite a bit, though that's small compensation.

I guess I can see plot driving from this that might make a few good stories, but ultimately, they won't prove worth what was lost.

#504316 03/05/10 05:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
[quote]Originally posted by Reboot:
[b]A Bad Review: [/quote]]http://mightygodking.com/index.php/2010/03/04/wait-what-for-justice/[/qb][/QUOTE]

BEST COMIC REVIEW EVER. (and i hate all caps. but YES i used them) CAN I ADD EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!

#504317 03/05/10 08:28 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Great review linked to by Reboot. Honestly this is so atrocious that I honestly wish everyone associated with it never gets a paying job in comic books again.

Anyone who defends Didio after this is akin to defending Dahmer. (I went there laugh )

#504318 03/06/10 05:56 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
yes, now i am 'crying for justice'.

hmmm too bad i can't unbuy comics ..... and what's with the latest Blackest night? Re: Oan organs all over the place. I don't need to see smurf hearts.

#504319 03/06/10 07:41 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have yet to see a positive review to this comic.Even if they try to point out something positive that might come from the story, it always ends with a negative review because of the things that were done to characters that should have been left alone.

#504320 03/07/10 04:37 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
rise of arsenal, fall of green arrow .....

woooooop de dooooooooooo!! is there an emoticon for my finger twirling around in the air!?!

#504321 03/07/10 11:32 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I liked the Atom's interrogation tactics. It showed his state of mind. With his role in BN, he's losing that edge and mellowing out.

Hal's initial reaction, and Ollie's backing him up, were both solid considering what the two have been through.

The Congo Bill/Mikaal team up was interesting, I liked their banter. It reminded me of Mikaal's time in Robinson's Starman.

The destruction of Star City and the death involved is truly upsetting. It's suppose to be tho'. (There was a similar heinous crime in a DC comic not too many years ago that had folks up in arms. There's a reason it's a crime, and these are criminals, and we aren't meant to like them.) I like Roy, and there's no one on this board that's a bigger GA fan. But I'm interested in seeing how both Green and Red Arrow handle this.

The removal of Batwoman, the multitude of artists, Promethues' Rube Goldberg bombing, all were poorly executed and scream of editorial fiat. That's where this book faltered and that will taint the oh so few bright spots.

Just spouting off.
#504322 03/07/10 03:40 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I am not necessarily opposed to having characters of that type killed in comics. The Walking Dead, Flash, and even Aquaman have done so with characters and made it work. I just think that the character involved made those closest to her more interesting.

#504323 03/09/10 08:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
One of the worst things about this is that if you're a fan of Roy's, some extremely important things have happened to him in a miniseries that isn't about him at all - he's just there to be cannon fodder in someone else's story. Granted, this leads to an Arsenal-centric story, but it always sucks when a character you're invested in gets abused simply for effect.

#504324 05/29/10 02:17 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Although I refuse to buy JLA, I'm still Byrne-stealing it because of Bagley's art.

In the post-Blackest Night/post-Cry For Decent Writing DCU, the JLA book has gone from horrendous to merely mediocre. I wasn't far off the mark when I predicted it would recall the Waid/Hitch era.

But, dammit, I still believe that the Donna Troy-led lineup had potential! And so I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and attempting a JLA fanfic that is the kind of story I imagined Robinson would write, as opposed to the crap he actually has written.

I take full responsibility for any continuity flaws. Continuity is overrated, especially in the DCU.

I took the liberty of dropping Starfire, Atom, and Guardian from the lineup as I felt that Kimiyo, Victor, and Ollie can all bring the same things to the table that they had to offer.

Hope you enjoy it, and, as always, comments would be greatly appreciated.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#504325 05/29/10 02:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
rise of arsenal, fall of green arrow .....

woooooop de dooooooooooo!! is there an emoticon for my finger twirling around in the air!?!
I wish there was.

#504326 05/29/10 02:47 PM
Just making sure that nobody misses this:

Originally posted by Fanfic Lass:
Although I refuse to buy JLA, I'm still Byrne-stealing it because of Bagley's art.

In the post-Blackest Night/post-Cry For Decent Writing DCU, the JLA book has gone from horrendous to merely mediocre. I wasn't far off the mark when I predicted it would recall the Waid/Hitch era.

But, dammit, I still believe that the Donna Troy-led lineup had potential! And so I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and attempting a JLA fanfic that is the kind of story I imagined Robinson would write, as opposed to the crap he actually has written.

I take full responsibility for any continuity flaws. Continuity is overrated, especially in the DCU.

I took the liberty of dropping Starfire, Atom, and Guardian from the lineup as I felt that Kimiyo, Victor, and Ollie can all bring the same things to the table that they had to offer.

Hope you enjoy it, and, as always, comments would be greatly appreciated.

#504327 05/29/10 03:45 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
There are flashes of good stuff happening in JLA...tantalizing flashes. But not enough to keep me buying. It's not been on my pull list, but I'd been buying off the shelves since Robinson and Bagley came on. I think what tipped me over toward cessation was the solicits which make it clear I've got to buy 2 or 3 issues of a comic I'm not getting at all anymore (JSA) to get a complete story. I figured I'd start saving my $3.99 now when the title was already on the bubble for me.

Another concern is that Robinson is already experiencing heavy editorial interference just like McDuffie did. Already the lineup he was advertized to have before his run began has been scrambled before the heroes involved ever really got to do anything. The flashes of quality and interest I've had are compromised by this. Even though I like everyone in the new lineup, I'm hesitant because basically he's had to resort to a League of second-stringers to have a snowball's chance in Hell of persevering. Who knows if even that tack will be turned on him, especially with Dick and Kara involved?

Bagley has been a real bright spot. He started kinda rough, but his art is looking better every issue. He's really growing into it despite the fact that he usually has three different inkers every damn issue! mad Surely, there's someone out there who can keep up with Bags' output?!?!

Like I said, it was the upcoming JSA crossover that put me over the top in my decision. If the new lineup sticks and the reviews reflect an improvement in storytelling as a result, I'll definitely look at trades down the road.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#504328 05/29/10 03:49 PM
I still think they should fire Robinson and replace him with Fabian Nicieza, who knows more than a little something about working on team books and about squeezing out good stories despite nonstop editorial obstacles. Plus, the New Warriors/Thunderbolts Team Supreme would be reunited!

#504329 05/29/10 03:55 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Nah, give it to Len Wein, BAY-bee! The Seven Soldiers of Victory story was one of the best JLA stories EVER! I'm not sure what other tales he was responsible for, but that's a good enough one on his resume to get my vote! Plus, you guys say his other recent arc was The Sh!t, so it sounds like he still has the chops for JLA!

(Care to list what some of his other JLA tales were about, so I can figure out if I've read 'em or not?)

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Page 14 of 27 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,848
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
icefire
icefire
tennessee
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star