Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Gaseous Lad - 07/02/24 05:17 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 07/02/24 05:06 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Eryk Davis Ester - 07/02/24 12:45 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 07/02/24 10:56 AM
So what are you WATCHING? Part 2
by Ann Hebistand - 07/02/24 10:16 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:12 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:05 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/02/24 02:03 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Teen Titans # 16 ("Lost to the Legion Part 1) SPOILERS!!!
#477008 09/22/04 12:38 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I hate my computer.

Okay, THIRD TRY. Well, the beginning of the crossover has arrived, and it's... okay. As far as a fitting sendoff for our beloved characters, I'm afraid it's going to SIGNIFICANTLY pale compared to Zero Hour's "End of an Era."

So we've seen how the Fatal 500 came into being now. Huh. Has the Persuader ever used the Atomic Axe to slice through parallel realities before? I must say, I'm growing tired of Legion-Plotlines-As-Summer-Popcorn-Flicks trend. This one is very much more of the same.

As far as the last page, the whole "FATAL 500 SMASH!!! RARRRGH!" thing is a little too Validus/Hulkish for the 400 other members of the team. But we'll see. Maybe they have all gone insane from the reality-shifting. Or something. I dunno. The Five always seemed a bit more coherent to me than this.

Some very nice moments from Bart Allen. I almost hope Jenni gets to go with him and the rest of the Titans to wherever they go after this crossover, rather than sit in Legion Limbo for years. All told, a not-bad start, though I really hope for some great character moments chronicling all that our heroes have been through since Zero Hour in the Special Edition, or I'll be a bit irritated. Actually, a lot irritated. Even though I'm supporting Waid and Kitson on the reimagining, I still think the current incarnation deserves a great sendoff.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
Re: Teen Titans # 16 ("Lost to the Legion Part 1) SPOILERS!!!
#477009 09/22/04 01:11 PM
Leader
Leader
I got it at lunch but didn't have a chance to read it cause I saw someone I knew and stopped to chat. Argh! Maybe I can sneak off to the bathroom to read it wink

#477010 09/22/04 03:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
There's some discussion going on in this thread as well.

I felt this was rather lacking in substance.

I mean, wouldn't it have been cool to see the shape shifting Darkseid minions as Legion founders collecting Superboy to save the future and Wonder Girl going to get help when Superboy returns as Legion-ized Superboy or something? Maybe I just expect more from my comics?

Since when do flight rings protect you in space? I missed this innovation. For that matter, why were they in space? It all seemed extremely contrived. A very disappointing set up to this crossover.

#477011 09/22/04 06:02 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Nightchangeling:
I felt this was rather lacking in substance.

Since when do flight rings protect you in space? I missed this innovation. For that matter, why were they in space? It all seemed extremely contrived. A very disappointing set up to this crossover.
It's Johns. You really expected more from him?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#477012 09/22/04 06:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Reboot, your comment seems a bit ruder than is necessary. Have you read the issue yourself to judge its merits or lack thereof?

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#477013 09/22/04 07:24 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Gary, maybe we should work our computer magic and combine the two threads into one somehow.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#477014 09/23/04 05:30 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Reboot, your comment seems a bit ruder than is necessary. Have you read the issue yourself to judge its merits or lack thereof?
No, and I don't plan to. It's purely based on my past experience of Johns' work.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#477015 09/23/04 09:46 AM
Reservist
Reservist
hOORAY!! tEEN tITANS #16 MAKE NO SENCE AT ALL. iT AM EVEN BETTER THAN tIMBER wOLF MINI-SERIES!

mE ESPECIALLY LIKE HOW pURSUADER AX GET LUCKY SPECIAL NEW POWER TO SLICE REALITIES. nOW ME AM SPEND VALUBLE TIME WONDERING HOW HIM AM NOT SLICE REALITY EVERY TIME AX MOVES.

hA! THAT AM BIG STUMPER, YOU BET!!

mE AM ALSO LIKE HOW AX SLICE THROUGH TIME AND SPACE, TOO, SO AM HAVE tEEN tITANS CROSS FROM 21ST cENTURY hq ON eARTH TO 31ST cENTURY EARTH ORBIT. tHAT AM STROKE OF GENIUS!!

aND THEN TO HAVE PAGES AND PAGES OF CHARACTERS JUST FLOATING IN SPACE AND AM CHIT-CHATTING. tHAT AM MAKE GOOD READ TOO!!

mE VERY HAPPY cHUCK DEAD! mE AM SAD THAT gEAR DEAD THOUGH. hIM WAS FAVORITEST lEGIONNAIRE EVER!

#477016 09/23/04 09:48 AM
Reservist
Reservist
oH, ME ALMOST FORGET... lEGION fLIGHT RINGS WITH INTERGRATED tRANSUITS. tHAT AM CLEVER! aM PLANNED UPGRADE AND not EDITORIAL MISTAKE AT ALL ME BET!!

#477017 09/23/04 11:22 AM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by Reboot:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[b]Reboot, your comment seems a bit ruder than is necessary. Have you read the issue yourself to judge its merits or lack thereof?
No, and I don't plan to. It's purely based on my past experience of Johns' work. [/b]
Really. You must be thinking of a different Geoff Johns than I am. I thought Johns was the fella who turned the silly, and often ignored, silver age Flash rouges into some of the most compelling and belivable characters in the DCU.

Still, the whole Persuader cutting through realities bit is a little on the lame side. Then again, it seems each time he's appeared since he was reintroduced his Axe has been able to cut through something new--Brainy's force field, Wildfire's blasts, etc--so I guess slicing the universe asunder was only a matter of time.

And man, do I ever have the feeling that the body count in the next issue is going to be insanely high. Well, I guess if their going to reboot them anyways the team might as well go out with a bang and not a whimper.

"Suit yourself, John. But real men wear pants, y'know?"--King Faraday in DC: New Frontier
#477018 09/23/04 11:37 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I've rather enjoyed Geoff's JSA, too.

bIZARRO nO. 1's comments were wonderful ~ funny, insightful and biting without direct personal attacks on the creative team.
He even came up with a great solution for the transuit/ring issue!
I can hardly wait to read the book, although I hate the idea of killing Legionnaires just because of the reboot. That's too much like what was done just before and during Zero Hour, I think.

Oh, well.

Candlelight/Shady

Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.
#477019 09/23/04 11:46 AM
Reservist
Reservist
yOU'RE WELCOME sHADY! mE HATE YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT!

buT IT AM TIME-HONORED TRADITION TO BURN THE HOUSE DOWN ON THE WAY OUT! iT AM bIZARRO WAY!

mAYBE SOMETIME NEXT YEAR rEBOOT ERA GET IT'S OWN mAYFAIR soURCEBOOK? tHAT WOULD BE FUN ME BET!

#477020 09/23/04 02:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What's happening to the world when Bizarro is making sense?

Opinion certainly seems divided on this issue! Curious to see which side I'll be on - but already I feel a bit bad, fearing a lot of characters are going to be killed, and we'll lose Legion World through destruction. I'd rather just have it get written away in some alternate reality, if it has to go.

Does this Persuader continue from Gail Simone's arc or the DnA series - or is there no visible connection to either?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#477021 09/23/04 05:36 PM
Applicant
Applicant
I hate you, Bizarro.
And I mean that to be taken on your terms. You are one big scumbag.
You make no sense, and your opinions on Persuaders axe are laughable at best.

Rot in Bizarro Hell

Plastic Lad

I love Vol.4
Prepare your stones.
#477022 09/24/04 04:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Gary, maybe we should work our computer magic and combine the two threads into one somehow.
I'd have to shut down the board, and so far there's been too many people online when I'm around. I don't mind the two threads.

#477023 09/24/04 07:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well so far on my first read, i found myself actually enjoying the ride. Its fun frantic and makes about as much sense on an intellectual view as almost all of the Adventure era sillyness. smile

The one really glaring snafu to me was the Flight rings / transuit one.

As for the pursauders axe, well who says its our pursauder? I got the impression that this was a different guy from a parallel reality who has come through to ours hunting out Superboy. (why I don't know yet) as a result of his cutting through various realities the other versions of the fatal five followed him through and are destroying the city, earth and legion world probably because they felt themselves under attack.

As for Legion World itself, i don't see it as being destroyed, damaged and under attack, but not blasted into piece's. I seem to remember that they are talking about maintaining it in orbit because if if falls, (and hasn't it replaced the moon? ) then the Earth would be devastated. I expect to see it still in orbit at the end of the day albeit destroyed and uninhabitable.

Faithfull
#477024 09/24/04 08:19 AM
Leader
Leader
I haven't been following the Legion news lately. Been too swamped here at work since going part time (yay!) BUT didn't they promise us that Legion wasn't being rebooted? It sure looks to me like that's what's happening. It may finally be time for the Legion and me to part ways. I don't think I can stomach another reboot.

I agree that Persuader being able to cut through time and "reality" is ridiculous. Wouldn't he cut reality every time he swung his axe as Bizarro suggested? And how does one aim an axe at Time?

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#477025 09/24/04 08:30 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Jim, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but reboot it is. If you have time, check out the threads regarding the solicitation for LSH #1 and the Baltimore Con Legion panel, with information from Mark Waid. They are both flagged at the top of the Legion board here.

#477026 09/24/04 08:38 AM
Applicant
Applicant
I never got a chance to pick it up, but i here good things poke

"Oh gosh real food what a delicacy"(Matter Eater Lad)
#477027 09/24/04 08:55 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
I'm in the "unexcited" camp. Obviously, they've come up with some crazy cross-dimensional storyline to justify anothe reboot "in-continuity." Obviously (though I hope for some interesting twist), this will either:

a) create some instability in the time-line which will cause the future to re-configure itself, or...
b) shunt the Legion into one of these dimensions where the alternate Fatal Fives comes from instead of their own, and they'll end up merging with that dimension's Legion.

The only hope I have for an unexpected twist in this story is that the thing the Fatal Five were trying to retrieve in The Legion # 15-16 might be some dimension-rift device that explains how the whole plot originated, or maybe even revealing that the Fatal Five which appeared there was itself from another dimension (considering how out-of-character Mano was).

Of all the DnA leftover plots that will never be resolved, at least this one has a chance...if Johns and Waid are playing it right.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#477028 09/24/04 09:57 AM
Leader
Leader
Maybe the new Legion will be from one of the cut open realities that 5/500s of the Fatal Five Hundred are from? You do the math! I hope not Legionairres suffered the dreaded off-panel death! That'd be such a lame way to go [Linked Image]

#477029 09/24/04 10:02 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I agree that Persuader being able to cut through time and "reality" is ridiculous. Wouldn't he cut reality every time he swung his axe as Bizarro suggested? And how does one aim an axe at Time?
I don't think there's anything sillier than his being able to cut through realities than his being able to cut through gravity, which I recall he was able to do in certain Silver Age stories. Presumably it's not just a matter of aim, but of some sort of mental control over what exactly it is that the axe will cut through.

#477030 09/24/04 10:20 AM
Reservist
Reservist
bOO... hISS... me AM HATE RESOLVING PLOT DANGLES. me AM HOPE TO NEVER FIND OUT WHAT FATAL FIVE LOOKING FOR, WHAT aNYWHERE mACHINE ALL ABOUT, WHERE lORI mORNING WENT, OR WHAT UP WITH cUB.

mE AM ONLY HOPE kINETIX GET A NEW FORM SOON!!
Originally posted by Chaim Mattis Keller:

Of all the DnA leftover plots that will never be resolved, at least this one has a chance...if Johns and Waid are playing it right.

#477031 09/24/04 10:34 AM
R
Substitute
Substitute
R
Bizarro: It must be easy doing nothing the opposite from nobody else. Sometimes it am easy to figure out what you aren't saying. I...

GAAAAH! I can't do it for more than couple of sentences!!!!

Persuader can mentally control his Axe from a distance, and it's cut energy many times. Cutting through spacetime isn't such a stretch (in fact, it goes a ways toward explaining why he's a "Fatal Fiver." Remember, each of them were supposed to be deadly enough to take on threats like the Sun-Eater.)

-- Still here to help.
#477032 09/24/04 11:47 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I don't see 'our' legion's Persuader/Axe being able to cut though space and time into other dimensions, that just seems like a Cosmic Level ability to me, way beyond the Persuader's mental capabilities.

I should think even Brainy would have a hard time controlling the consequences of such power.

And I agree with the question, how does one cut time?

Candle/Shady

Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,676
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Cosmic Toast Man, Exnihil
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
UltraStar
UltraStar
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star