Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 9 Murran Spies, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/01/24 01:16 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/01/24 01:13 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/01/24 01:12 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/01/24 01:11 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 07/01/24 01:09 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/30/24 08:34 PM
Happy Birthday EDE!
by Eryk Davis Ester - 06/30/24 08:22 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes # 6 - SPOILER Discussion
#47416 05/28/05 08:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
not all Legionnaire's head shots...except Atom Girl. Probably will save her as the best and last. Right, Barry? laugh

#47417 05/28/05 10:15 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Upon rereading and contemplating...

I still think planets shouldn't be so easy to destroy. I mean, it took the destruction of the moon and massive worldwide underground explosions to do Earth in during TMK.

And though I am stll disappointed by the fact that I let the 4-page preview get me all hyped up for a badass Projectra, it isn't Projectra's fault that that wasn't to be the case here.

I think in a mere few pages the re-imagined Orando was made intresting enough to warrant exploration, but unfortuantely that isn't to be.

I do appreciate Cos being so sweet to her at the end. Can't wait to see how Jeckie develops. She's always been a favorite of mine, from her constant coma days all the way through her ass-kicking Sensor Girl days and Legion leader. I'll be watching how Projectra is treated very closely.

The Kitson/Thibert art team space-rawks!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#47418 05/28/05 10:27 AM
Active
Active
Hi Cary - Sorry, with all the stuff I was dealing with over the last coupel of months I totally forgot about posting the headshots - I'll try to get organized with those ASAP! smile

Hi Superboymddjr - THAT'S REALLY why I hadn't posted the headshots...I'm waiting till all can be shown wink (I should have thought of that excuse)DOH!

Hi MLLASH - I hope you'll enjoy finding out a lot more about PP - we've only scratched the surface so far - lots of surprises to come! (is there a 'tease Graemlin?)

Thanks about the artwork!
smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47419 05/28/05 10:38 AM
Active
Active
I finish to read Legion Of Super-Heroes 6...
And Projectra looks wonderful.... but the destruction of Orando could'been in two or three issues.
So Projectra is not more a princess, or a little princess without kingdome...
A good plot for a cruel revenge.
Jeckie must be who kill Lemmos, like the old days.(Nemesis Kid Broken Neck)
The interaction Cosmic Boy, Sun Boy, Light Lass , Star Boy and Brainiac was fantatastic!
Maybe this time the intimate friend of Jeckie can be Luornu. Both lost they people, only Triplicate Girl keep her world.
Shady , Tinya and Nura look great!
But I want more Saturn Girl!
And Violet of course!

From UK with glamour.
#47420 05/28/05 12:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
More thoughts on Lemnos. Very interesting villain. It does very much remind me of the Glorith/Brainy scenes (that is one of my favorite Legion stories ever...and not by Levitz..imagine that).

Also want to comment more on Terror Firma. Great name. Cool costumes. Cool villains. With Brin hiding out on their ship (must've been hard to lay low knowing they were going to destroy Orando?) can't wait to follow up on that arc.

I didn't read the original issues but the amazing Who's Who in the LOSH talked how Timberwolf sneaked into Tarik the Mute's villain gathering party(or something). Maybe this will be similiar?

Emerald Empress it seems #5 and #6 have been much more to our liking. smile

#47421 05/28/05 02:36 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Upon rereading and contemplating...

I still think planets shouldn't be so easy to destroy. I mean, it took the destruction of the moon and massive worldwide underground explosions to do Earth in during TMK.
I'm not sure Orando was outright destroyed here, so much as wiped clean of life. Still, it did seem a little over the top...if Terror Incognita can do that, I don't see Brin+Garth+Imra+a few untrained kids holding them off. Unless they take a very long time to ramp up to maximum power.

I think in a mere few pages the re-imagined Orando was made intresting enough to warrant exploration, but unfortuantely that isn't to be.
A pity, certainly. OTOH if Orando and Jeckie's family were doomed by writer fiat from the beginning, it's better that we understand and regret the loss, as the characters do. Hopefully the longer-lived worlds will be made equally interesting.

#47422 05/28/05 03:04 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I kind of like the idea of a villain team whose modus operandi is destroying planets (though it does appear as though they made it inhabitable, rather than blowing it up, per se), but it would have much more impact if this were in the context of a more established universe, rather than the first team of villains the Legion is facing.

#47423 05/28/05 03:27 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by techboy:
I also like the "spoiled rich girl among the common people" approach to Projectra. Hopefully her need to prove herself as a Legionnaire will give her
Cos seemed to imply that Projectra had no powers. I hope this is wrong.

Dan
#47424 05/28/05 03:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think I'm pissed because it happened to JECKIE'S planet. She always has the bad luck, from getting konked on the head with a club and put into coma to having her husband beaten to death to having her SW6 counterpart blown up to being rbooted as a giant snake. I hereby nominate PROJECTRA for the title of "hard-luck Legionnaire". Garth will have to find some other claim to fame.

Why couldn't they have destroyed Trom instead? Jan should be used to that by now.

At least it wasnt BISMOLL, I'd REALLY have been p.o.ed!

Well, there's no doubt now that the LEGION must shut down Terror Firma HARD and FAST.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#47425 05/28/05 04:28 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Bah! Garth suffers more in the morning before Jeckie has even had her first coffee! She's the one who needs to find another act. wink

#47426 05/28/05 05:36 PM
Active
Active
Mmm, coffee...

Er, right. Back on track. Got my books this morning before turning in, did my usual flip through, but Legion sucked me in, at least for the Brainy/Lemnos story, which I found very well-done, intriguing, and just all-around great. An interesting power-set, and one I've played with in my head for awhile myself, and I love seeing it used so well here. Good fun.

J

"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe\'s Closet
#47427 05/28/05 10:58 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I think that Waid eeally missed the boat by not exploring Orando more before it was destroyed. This is the first incarnation that had Jeckie's mother alive and we did not even get a chance to meet her. Orando was supposed to be the richest palnet in the UP and there was alot that could have been played upon before its destruction. We have gotten used to seeing planets obliterated so this came as no shock. It would have been nice to actually see Orando and meet the Queen before the anihaltion (sp?). If he was going for shock value it would have made more sense to show the planet, its people, its ruling family, and explain how a medevial planet became the cornerstone of wealth in the UP before destroying it. Yes, it was traumatic to Jeckie, but it would have been nice to at least make the reader care about the planet and people before offing it off panel. I still love Jeckie and look forward to her becoming a bad-ass powerful member, but I felt short changed that the possibiliteis were not explored first. Overall it was another great issue and thank Zal that Jeckie is not a snake or a polar bear this time around and doesn't (I hope) have a lame origin like we've seen with Lu and the ghost girl.

I am smelling like a rose that somebody gave me on my birthday deathbed.
#47428 05/28/05 11:12 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hmm, the destruction of Orando, the royal family of Princess Projectra surely reminds me of Lady Quark from the Crisis on Infinite Earth. hmmmm....

#47429 05/29/05 06:14 AM
Active
Active
Thought I'd post these for those who enjoy seeing the pencils of some pages - hope you like them.
Click on the thumbnails for larger versions - as usual smile

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

click to enlarge

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47430 05/29/05 07:37 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Absolutely fantastic, Barry! I love seeing your pencil work. Please post as many pages as you feel like. I for one would love to see the whole issue this way.

The Legion has been my favorite book since I was first introduced to it (when I was 5 yrs old) waaaay back in 1971. I have followed the book through any ups and downs. In my opinion you are quickly turning into the best artist the Legion has ever had. I was excited to hear that you were going to be part of this re-imagining. I've liked your work ever since being introduced to it back in the L.E.G.I.O.N title. I knew I would be seeing some great art but you continue to far exceed any expectations I had. Your over all design work is fantastic and the way you have given the characters a new yet classic look and feel is just amazing. Keep up the great work. smile

#47431 05/29/05 09:19 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Whoa! Those are great!

#47432 05/29/05 10:33 AM
Active
Active
Thanks Guys smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47433 05/29/05 02:08 PM
Active
Active
Great work, as always, Barry!!!
And if you EVER have some pencil pages you want to get rid of, I know this cute little country home that would be willing to take 'em off your hands!!! laugh

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#47434 05/29/05 07:16 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by LegionFan223:
I think that Waid eeally missed the boat by not exploring Orando more before it was destroyed. This is the first incarnation that had Jeckie's mother alive and we did not even get a chance to meet her. Orando was supposed to be the richest palnet in the UP and there was alot that could have been played upon before its destruction.
We could still see all of that. There's no reason we can't have flashback stories, especially when we're getting back-up stories. Sure it wouldn't be quite the same, but it might be interesting to see what Jeckie's life before the destruction after we get to know her better.

Barry, I've been taking you're work far to much for granted. You're just too good, you make it look easy and there's not enough flaws to distract from the stories. smile

I'm also assuiming the lack of Violet is a case of saving the best for last, smile but I thought #6 was last. I think this issue is the first to introduce only one Legionairre.

arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six
#47435 05/29/05 09:10 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Originally posted by MYG:
Barry
...this is the first time in years that loyal Legion fans are talking about the "current" book and not about what was in the "old" days... because you have us looking forward to the "now" and not constantly wanting for the "then". The Legion is getting better with every issue and I can only compare it to the days when I first started collecting the Legion in the early 80's!

[T]he secret behind making the Legion work is having a creative team that really cares about the book, not someone who's here on some temporary assignment in hopes to better their career portfolio.
Actually, I just realized that I have, indeed, stopped pining for the Giffen / Levitz / Bierbaums Legion so much. And this has really only happened since issue #6 came out. For the first time in years, I'm pretty much into the current Legion 100% and am really on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.

Although I may not agree with the reincarnation of every single character, I do realize (and am very grateful) that the characterization, scripting, plotting, and art are superb because the current creative staff care about the Legion. What's more, the Legion is fun again!

What I'm saying to the creative staff is this: thanks for helping me to finally let go of the past; it feels great, and I'm enjoying the book again with few reservations or rationalizations for the first time in years!

By the way, does anybody still surf the DC boards? I'm asking because I wonder how the response to the new book has been over there. I hope that it's been positive, because I've always suspected that the flaming that used to go on over there helped to drive DnA away from the book. Hopefully, we express enough love for the creative staff on this board that they'll want to stay involved with the Legion for years to come!

hug nod smile

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#47436 05/30/05 05:08 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Who did the art for the letter column pages ?
That wasn't you, was it Barry?

#47437 05/30/05 05:19 AM
Active
Active
Oh man, those pencilled pages are awesome. I wish I could get my hands on some of 'em, especially the Projectra splash page. =)

J

"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe\'s Closet
#47438 05/30/05 08:23 AM
Active
Active
Hi Guys - Thanks again! (I don't know what else to say smile )

The letters pages were penciled and inked by Art.

I do occassionally have penciled pages for sale, when the inking is done on blueline scans - but none of these pages - sorry! Glad you liked them so much! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47439 05/30/05 02:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Barry Kitson:
(is there a 'tease Graemlin?)
There is now - tease

#47440 05/30/05 05:44 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
What character is that "teasing" us, Gar? I don't recognize 'im...

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,621
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Anti-Matter Eater Lad, Hunt Drouin, Spellbinder
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star