Roll Call
1 members (Sarcasm Kid, Sarcasm Kid), 12 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 06/28/24 10:00 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 06/28/24 09:06 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 06/28/24 09:05 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 06/28/24 09:03 PM
Kill This Thread LIV - Two Jokers Now?!?
by Ann Hebistand - 06/28/24 04:59 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Ann Hebistand - 06/28/24 04:56 PM
Legion of Super-Heroes Fansets Pins
by Nightcrawler - 06/28/24 03:39 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 06/28/24 05:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Legion of Super-Heroes # 6 - SPOILER Discussion
#47391 05/25/05 11:01 PM
The Infinite Man--of Gripes! (and--of Space!)
Akward Pause Boy, I simply can't find any eye-like objects on the panel of Jeckie's door. Could you please clarify your observation a bit more (ie. what page or which individual story panel)? Thanks.
confused

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#47392 05/25/05 11:03 PM
Oh, wait, I did find them on page two. Thanks again.

If the meek shall inherit inherit the Earth, then I at least want Baffin Island - and a property manager to work for me who is made of sterner stuff than I.
#47393 05/25/05 11:36 PM
Honorary
Honorary
You know, pre-boot, it has constantly been speculated that if everyone knows Projectra's power, its effectiveness will be greatly diminshed, especially with a villain who is mentally strong. That was one of the reasons Sensor Girl kept her look even after she was revealed as Projectra.
This could be precisely what Waid & Barry are doing now, if even Cos is not aware that she has super-powers.

Long Live The Legion!
#47394 05/25/05 11:51 PM
Active
Active
Hi Guys
Just wanted to say thanks as always for the support and enthusiasm! smile
It's great to read so many of you are enjoying the storyline and artwork...plenty of big surprises to come!

Sorry to keep asking you to be patient for Vi - but she will appear....honest! smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47395 05/26/05 12:19 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Barry, your art is wonderful as always!

I have to say, Praetor Lemnos is shaping up to be a well-written villain. He has a unique and dangerous power. And a good origin where you can almost connect to him (which is great for writing a villain). I mean, if you could do whatever you wanted without restrictions, wouldn't it be tempting to do some of the things Lemnos is doing?

#47396 05/26/05 02:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Lemnos-Brainiac encounter was reminiscent of Glorith's meeting with Brainy in the 5YL series; she appears in his lab (where he is alone), explains how she is manipulating everything, kisses him (skipped that part this time!) and makes him forget the encounter (by driving him temporarily insane).

I figure he has some clue to the encounter with Lemnos, it could very well be through the buttons tapped - activating some advanced equipment. Perhaps his super-brain is better trained, or has greater defenses, than other people - even other Coluans - that Lemnos has encountered, and he will summon up the memory.

Projectra never looked so lovely; all the visual details of her surroundings - and the brief view of the attack on Orando - were fantastic, exotic, rich.

The letters column wasn't what I was expecting - but I thought it worked well - wonder if they'll keep that format or print full letters.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#47397 05/26/05 09:48 AM
Deputy
Deputy
What a mish-mash. Each one of the stories/vignettes was good, but the way they were thrown together made for a less than perfect reading experience, imo.

Barry's artwork, however, grows more satisfying with each issue. Absolutely gorgeous stuff, rife with imagination. Iwahashi's work on the B5/Lemnos story was less skillful, perhaps, but appropriately surreal.

I'm all for the letter column, and I'm all for injecting fun into the LSH, but I would have been content with a text-only presentation. Better if the two extra pages had been filled with scenes of Jeckie demonstrating her sorcery skills to convince Cos she deserved a place on the team.

Jeckie is now like Shirley Temple in "The Little Princess" -- an orphaned rich girl gone broke. Like Shirley, it will probably take her a while to prove she's got the right stuff. An ages-old story with a futuristic twist. Nice, but hardly new.

I won't really miss Orando that much, but Colu better not go BOOM.

Cosmic Boy joins Brainy and Saturn Girl in the ranks of the idealistic pragmatists ... or the pragmatic idealists. Whatever. By milking Jeckie as a cash cow he proves he's not Mr. Perfect Icon anymore. Some depth to his personality, at last. I look forward to seeing how he copes - or fails to cope - with the financial crisis to come.

Brainy and Dreamy are priceless. Is it my imagination, or she beginning to wear him down a just a wee bit?

Great to see four Legionnaires combining their powers for a common goal, but it just underlines the fact that some characters have visually interesting powers, and others do not. Sun Boy was the one to shine, needless to say.

Unearthing the Sydney Opera House was probably the most impressive thing I've EVER seen Karate Kid do. Ever. I had hoped that Ultra Boy's power-control problem would have longer-term consequences, but I guess it's not to be. Fun, but ultimately just filler.

The Cham/Lyle vignette was cute, but absolutely pointless filler.

Lemnos - a let down, and not only because he's not Lar Gand. Clever interaction with B5, but what's new here? Almost nothing, at least on the surface. Haven't we already had enough memory tampering in IC and its spin-offs? Terraforming, mass genocide, "Saviour of Civilization", etc., etc. He's a little bit Ra's Al Ghul; a little bit Singularity. But that's old stuff too, right? Now, if he starts footing the Legion's bills and influencing their policies and internal politics - perhaps even their team makeup - then maybe I'll reevaluate his potential as a Legion villain.

Issue #6 certainly had its moments, and I'm very glad to have Jeckie back, but I found it rather messy and unfocused, and much less satisfying a read than Issue #5. Now THAT was Legion, imo.

#47398 05/26/05 07:43 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hmm. This may be the first issue I have not liked. I need to reread it, read your opinions in this thread, and dwell on it a bit.

But my initial reaction is that destroying planets seems to have become far too easy and Lemnos is a re-imagined Nemonic (sp?) Kid.

I was also disappointed by Projectra after being so excited by the 4-page preview.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#47399 05/26/05 07:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yeah, I was looking forward to seeing her do something after that set up. Maybe we'll have to wait an issue. I hope it's not more than that though, as I'll be very disappointed.

#47400 05/26/05 10:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My reactions of your reactions. wink

A bit saddened Lemnos is not Mon-El. But from what I understand he has a hand in who has made the core team and I like that. All these issues are being addressed "who is on the team and why". There is some logic now.

We know coming up there will be a split in the Legion of some sort with Cos and Brainy leading it. Thus far we are being led to believe that Brainy's team is the darker side of this split. But what if Brainy is rebelling against Lemnos and Cos may be the lap boy of the UP(Lemnos). Interesting.

ohwell i will try to stop by the comic store this weekend.

#47401 05/26/05 10:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also did we get a reason why Lemnos is always under a red lamp?

#47402 05/27/05 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Arachne:
Maybe Matter-Eater Lad could be in charge of future letter columns even if he's not on the team.
Now that would certainly be whacky, wouldn't it? Good idea, Arachne! I can just imagine how Tenzil would introduce himself:

"Well, I don't really appear in the book, and, um, my name is Matter-Eater Lad, so I eat things--why am I here again? Hmmm. Anyway, the powers-that-be say I've got to host this letter column..."

wink poke laugh

Seriously, though, I hope (against hope) that something like this does, indeed, happen sometime.

#47403 05/27/05 12:11 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Originally posted by Jorg-EM:
We know coming up there will be a split in the Legion of some sort with Cos and Brainy leading it. Thus far we are being led to believe that Brainy's team is the darker side of this split. But what if Brainy is rebelling against Lemnos and Cos may be the lap boy of the UP(Lemnos). Interesting.
I've been thinking the same thing. It's natural to think that Brainy is right and Cos is wrong, given Brainy's difficult personality and his history of going insane and putting the entire universe in peril. But I think it may be the other way around, because Cos has consistently been willing to compromise his ideals. In #1, he tries to stop everyone else from defending the people of Lallor. In #4, it's Cos, not Brainy, who gets angry at Lyle. In #6, when Thom says that the Legion is a group of idealistic young rebels united by a common philosophy (or something like that), Cos tells him not to believe what he hears.

Idealism is perhaps the key component of the Legion's philosophy. As we just learned, Brainy's first name means "idealistic." On the other hand, Cos seems to think that expediency is the most important thing; he's almost the opposite of an idealist. So I believe it's Brainy who deserves our sympathies.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#47404 05/27/05 12:32 AM
Active
Active
Thanks for the kind words about the artwork Haggard Lad, Fat Cramer and Tromium - much appreciated, as always! smile

It's nice to read that many of you are beginning to see through the 'layers' of what's going on too and discuss some of the possibilties...of course I'm not going to give anything away yet though...keep speculating! smile

There are still a lot of surprises and reveals to come for many of the characters - including Projectra, but I can't promise it will be next issue...sorry...but the wait won't be too long!

Thanks again for all the support!

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47405 05/27/05 04:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Barry, your art is always a highlight. Thanks for your hard work and those little extra touches that you add.

#47406 05/27/05 08:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
So I believe it's Brainy who deserves our sympathies.
You make an interesting case for who might be in the right when the leadership position becomes an issue. One thing about Brainy still bother me though - the whole "Legion supplanting the U.P." plan. Maybe it's not as egomaniacal as it sounds, but it gives me pause to throw support behind Brainy. The way it'll play out, I'm sure both sides will have good points. I believe a lot of Rokk's reactions have been based on the fact that he's really reacting to other things we don't totally know about yet. He seems to see a bigger picture and if nothing else, it's the fact that he's been reluctant to share it is the thing that makes me not totally trust him either.

#47407 05/27/05 08:49 AM
Active
Active
i haven't bought the issue yet, but is it possible that Orando's destruction is an illusion by Projectra or her mom or other mystics on the planet? and Lemnos' machinations remind me of that x-men foe, Sinistre or something like that. no? Lemnos must be tied in with the upcoming Infinite Crisis. and after that "event" the floodgates will open for alien legionnaires and non-boy/girl names like Dawnstar and Wildfire.

Gorilla Nebula
#47408 05/27/05 11:24 AM

#47409 05/27/05 05:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I've read it. I liked it. I guess I am still on a high from #5 (the best ish so far). I have a better idea where they were going with this. I wasn't beat down with underager talk. I forgive the Cham/IK game only because I liked all the heroes they showed but that and the retro comics will get old.

The overall story was good. As was the art. Barry it's nice to have you on these boards as you are doing your best work ever.

Liked Ultra Boy scene. Nice to see his powers haven't changed just putting the character through some development.

Good stuff can't wait for next ish.

#47410 05/27/05 06:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thought the "Daddy, I might actually get to do something important!" line was awfully sweet. What a wistful thing to say. I think I might really wind up liking this Projectra very much.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#47411 05/27/05 07:45 PM
Active
Active
I know that Barry and Mark are keeping this away from the "current" continuity in the DC universe, but ...
does anyone else find it strange that Orando was destroyed as Spectre goes on a rampage to wipe out magic?

You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.
#47412 05/28/05 01:08 AM
Active
Active
Thanks Jorge-Em!
I'm really enjoying this book - as I'm sure you know - and I'll keep trying to improve issue on issue!
smile

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47413 05/28/05 04:09 AM
MYG Offline
Active
Active
Barry
Do you realize that this is the first time in years that loyal Legion fans are talking about the "current" book and not about what was in the "old" days of Levitz, Giffen, etc? (although they were great). You are terrific, because you have us looking forward to the "now" and not constantly wanting for the "then". The Legion is getting better with every issue and I can only compare it to the days when I first started collecting the Legion in the early 80's!

Barry, the secret behind making the Legion work is having a creative team that really cares about the book, not someone who's here on some temporary assignment in hopes to better their career portfolio. It shows that you really do care about this book, it's characters and the fans. Thanks for being here on behalf of Legion fans everywhere!

Long Live the Legion!!!
#47414 05/28/05 07:54 AM
Active
Active
Wow! Thanks MYG! I can't think of a much nicer compliment to the whole team on the book! I'll be sure to pass it on to the others! laugh

Cheers
Barry

www.barrykitson.com
#47415 05/28/05 08:13 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Hi Barry,
Another fantastic issue of Legion. I agree, this is the best the book has been since the Levitz-Giffen era in the early 80s.
I have a question for you. I know that you are very busy but awhile back you said that you would get the design work for all the Legionnaire's head shots (used on the cover) posted for us to see. Any chance of that still happening? I would love to see them.
Thanks for making this long time Legion fan very excited about the book again. Take care, Cary

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,028
Posts1,046,544
Legionnaires1,730
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000
1,730 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Chemical King
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
Yonkers N.Y
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star