Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 50 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:20 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/27/24 03:17 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/27/24 01:44 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: LSH Tournament Discussion
#451939 11/25/11 10:44 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I agree that is the best way to break the ties. Computo will return to the Tournament unless the count changes between now and 9:00 P.M Central Time tomorrow.

My main problem for Legion super-villains is the opposite of the problem I have encountered with the LSH. There are alot of Legion villains that are simply too powerful to be allowed in Standard Tournaments; Mordru being the most obvious example. I have wrote down all the villains I can think of and have only found 40 able to compete.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#451940 11/25/11 11:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Maybe we should have an uber-tournament with all kryptonians and above ! laugh

#451941 11/26/11 12:23 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Maybe the uber-powerful Legion villains can be put in a league of their own.

And knowing the encyclopedic knowledge of Legion Worlders, maybe we can help you populate the list for the LSV tourney, Emily.

Btw, as of now I count Duplicate Damsel with 4 votes; Nightwind, Tyroc, Computo and Bouncing Boy with 3; and 9 other Legionnaires with 2 each (Brainiac 5, Dragonmage, Infectious Lass, Karate Kid, Kinetix, Matter-Eater Lad, Polar Boy, Sensor Girl, Shadow Lass).

#451942 11/26/11 04:10 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I'd be happy to help work up a list of villains.

#451943 11/27/11 03:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I'd be happy to help as well, if needed.

Btw - I think Kinetix's powers can also affect animate creatures. In Legionnaires 39 she was able to telekinetically lift Karate Kid; in Legionnaires 50 she shoved Mordru with her powers; and in Legionnaires 65 she lifted several Dark Circle soldiers at once.

#451944 11/27/11 02:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The various wiki's also say she can create light and forcefields and stuff ...

actually one wiki defined her terraform powers, mostly as being to develop whatever power she needed.

shrug my favorite Zoe is actually Sci Police Zoe.

It's getting close, we may need a tie breaker for some of these,

#451945 11/30/11 12:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Sci Cop Zoe would be cool! Imagine a telekinetic with kickass police training. Before she was terrorformed, Zoe was able to make shields and create glows. Too bad none of those really help against her current opponents smirk

Btw, Peebz, after reading your vote in the tournament I got to thinking - I'd totally forgotten about Tyroc's other powers way way back. Now I think of him as a sound manipulator, period. Whoops.

Good point on Andromeda vs. Supergirl, too. I was thinking the same thing - in Adventure, they made a big deal of calling Mon-El the mightiest Legionnaire, so I always thought of him as just a little bit more powerful than Superboy...

#451946 11/30/11 02:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
yeah, sci cop zoe was nice in Legion Worlds I think, they had her grow up. It seems like she's basically a powerful telekinetic.

I still go back and forth on that Tyroc battle ... I think Tyroc would beat Lightning Lad still but ... I wonder how much smarter Supergirl is than Andromeda since Supergirl has been shown to do all sorts of cool stunts with her powers.

Andy fought BION though.

If it wasn't the furnace stage, Duplicate Damsel could run rampant!

It would be interesting to do a last individual standing tournament, i think it would be roughly the same ...

Imra
Zoe
Tyroc
Duplicate Damsel
Kono

would all get far, it seems they're wining these group battles rather than the Daxxamites or Kryptonians. (from my experience)

It's hard to beat an opponent who could turn you intangible.

#451947 11/30/11 02:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
we might need a tie breaker if no one else votes.

for the Andromeda verus Supergirl match.

#451948 11/30/11 02:46 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
For future tournaments, I think a little more of a refresher/specification on what various characters can do might be a good idea.

#451949 11/30/11 03:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
should we do that before the finale round just to refresh?

#451950 11/30/11 04:29 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
That might be a good idea. I want to say that I want to stay away from NuDCU versions of characters until we have enough issues to establish feats. I also need to know how much Pre-Crisis continuity is in the Retroboot, and how much is not canon. I need to know this because it is standard to disallow certain characters/feats because they are Pre-Crisis.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#451951 12/01/11 02:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
1.Team One: Kono, Chlorophyll Kid, and *Saturn Girl

Kono (Glorithverse)
Chlorophyll Kid (Retroboot)
Saturn Girl (Retroboot)

2. Team Four: Supergirl, Duplicate Damsel, and *Tyroc

Supergirl (Retroboot)
Tyroc (Retroboot)
Duplicate Damsel (Retroboot)

... This one is gonna be good.

#451952 12/01/11 09:19 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Maybe for the last round, we can just agree among ourselves which powers/abilities are in play based on the versions of the characters.

PS, who would have thought Chlorophyll Kid would make it to the end? Whoo! Take that, snotty Adventure Era Legionnaires!

Garth vs. Imra would have been cool too, though.

Here are my thoughts...

Final Round

Team One

1) Kono - can shift mass around. Think Star Boy, Light Lass powers + Phantom Girl, except she can also phase others as well. On the other hand, she doesn't seem to be able objects as large as what Thom/Ayla could? Let's say her limit is about the mass of one person.

2) Supergirl - standard Kryptonian powers. Also adept at science.

3) Tyroc - sound manipulation, flight. Current version hasn't demonstrated the reality-warping versions of the old Tyroc.

Team Two

1) Saturn Girl - standard Imra. Extremely skilled telepath. Affect senses, shut down minds, limited control over another's actions.

2) Chlorophyll Kid - can grow plants. Glorithverse version could also control them I believe, but not sure if this one can. I'm leaning towards can't, or at least he only has limited control over their natural abilities (i.e. he can make plants release spores or swing vines around, but can't suddenly make roses shoot their thorns or make coconuts explode)

3) Duplicate Damsel - can make an infinite number of duplicates. I think all her duplicates are identical? Does each duplicate have greater strength or speed than a normal woman would? I think not right?

#451953 12/01/11 11:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Thanks IB, I was thinking along the same lines ...

I think I read before that Kono was limited to a large humanoid, IIRC, and if she has a weakness it's overconfidence, she once shifted Bion into the floor and thought she dealt with him and he nearly got the drop on her because surprise! he can phase like Tinya.

I kinda think that Postboot Imra is way more hardcore than even the badnass Retroboot Imra. She created a long term illusion of Tinya, and was shown to be blasting groups of people.

A couple points, I was confused about what a Retroboot Supergirl was .. but decided it didn't matter in the battle, Kara is still super fast. and I would prefer if Tyroc had at least some of his reality warping tricks, explained somehow, but ... he's still incredibly formidable with just his sound manipulation.

In my opinion, I wish they had said Lu could only create 60 or 100 duplicate ... infinite duplicates is crazy. She could take any team down almost but .. I just figure she needs some time to create duplicates ... it's not like *BAM instant infinite duplicates*

#451954 12/02/11 12:08 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I agree, Peebz! I've seen Postboot Imra take out way more combatants at a time than Retroboot Imra ever did.

As for Supergirl, I'm not sure if there are any differences. I do know that current Supergirl is said to less likely to hold back, because she's not as used to her powers.

#451955 12/02/11 12:32 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In terms of versions of characters, I tend to just go with the most consistent/popular iteration of each character, rather than when they were at their most powerful.

This will usually mean their preboot/retroboot version, rather than their postboot or threeboot versions.

So, for example, the Shrinking Violet in my battles will never have her growing power since - a) I hated her with that power; and b) she only had that power for a very short period of her character's history anyway.

For all the characters with inconsistent, deus ex-machina type powers I tend to just use those powers that they are most identified with (i.e. telekenetic manipulation for Kinetix, time-stasis for Kid Quantum II, sound shock-waves for Tyroc, etc).

The other reason I tend to stick with the preboot/retroboot versions of characters is that the postboot (as much as I loved it) unfortunately occurred during a time in history when lots of creators (and fans) seemed to think that characters weren't good enough unless they had their powers amplified.

So suddenly - Invisible Kid can make other people invisible too; Saturn Girl can control whole crowds of people at once; Shadow Lass can use her dark field like a Green Lantern ring; ditto Brainiac 5 with his force-field; Triplicate Girl is strong enough to take down a Daxamite; Kinetix and Kid Quantum II keep having random and unrelated powers added to their arsenals; and so on.

I am definitely not one of those people who think a character needs to be overly-powered to be interesting so I'm not keen on using short-lived, disproportionately powered (in relation to their teammates/opponents) versions of these characters in these games.

#451956 12/02/11 06:59 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I consider Retroboot Supergirl to be the Supergirl who debuted in Superman/Batman. She is not the same as the Pre-Crisis Supergirl in terms of feats and statistics; in general Pre-Crisis characters are ranked higher than Post-Crisis characters. Characters such as Pre-Crisis Superman are banned from standard Tournaments for that reason.

Should I continue using this thread for LSV Tournament planning or should I make a new one?

#451957 12/03/11 02:14 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
We might as well continue using this thread.

Here's a bunch of villains (which others can probably add to):

Tharok
Emerald Empress
Mano
Persuader
Validus
Caress
Flare
Mordecai
Neutrax
Silver Slasher
Titania
Lazon
Mist Master
Magno Lad
Esper Lass
Micro Lad
Chameleon Kid
Phantom Lad
Calorie Queen
Lightning Lord
Cosmic King
Saturn Queen
Chameleon Chief
Sun Emperor
Beauty Blaze
Echo
Radiation Roy
Spider Girl
Nemesis Kid
Ron-Karr
Zymyr
Hunter
Tyr
Ol-Vir
Monster Master
Nardo
Universo
Dr. Regulus
Computo
Size Lad
Blackout Boy
Magnetic Kid
Alaktor
Evillo
Apollo
Wild Huntsman
Sugyn
Hag
Black Mace
Mystelor
Quanto
Rogarth
Shagrek
Command Kid
Dynamo Boy
Mantis Morlo
Meglaro
Roxxas
Satan Girl
Starfinger
Sun Woman
Sunburst
Uli Algor
Grimbor
Charma
Dr. Mayavale
Lady Memory
Vyrkos
Grinn
Composite Man
Tangleweb
Repulse
Abyss
Brainstorm
Twine
Nadir
Cortex
Emerita
Razorsoul
Gangster
Pollen
Bronto
Singularity
Devil
Canary
Lantern
Arrow
Praetor Lemnos
Elysion
Gron
Kynda
Phren
Zepha
Stasi
Earth-Man
Eyeful Ethel
Tusker
Golden Boy
Storm Boy

#451958 12/03/11 02:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I can't wait to play Emerald Empress ... laugh AND mean guys like Tyr, Tharok.

Since this is a villain tournament, is lethal force imaginable?

#451959 12/04/11 03:13 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Adding a few villains from the Postboot era. The rejected Legionnaires are arguable, of course:

Ze Tongue
Cherry Bomb
Density
Phantom Lad
Phy'r
Ebb
A'rie
Rrok
Composite Durlan
Titanor
Bandarkat
Scavenger
Evisceratronic (ugh)
Chronos
Quicksand
Holdur
Xotar
Domain
Dr. Savant
Howl
Gronk
Murdermaton
Xoth
Swool
Kuga

#451960 12/04/11 03:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Adding a few villains from the Postboot era. The rejected Legionnaires are arguable, of course:

Evisceratronic (ugh)
lol I noticed he was missing from EDE's list and thought of adding him but then wondered - does anyone want to be reminded of this character?

But I actually don't mind him. I loved that the writers *finally* tied up that loose end with the sci-cop from the very beginning of the Reboot. And at least he didn't last more than a couple of panels. And he has a hilariously campy name.

#451961 12/04/11 08:49 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you for your lists. I had to cut the number at 72 so it is the same number of characters that participated in the heroes tournament. I have edited the list a little and will list my reasons why:
5. Validus power cannot be calculated and since he has been shown beating Pre-Crisis Superboy he is usually banned from Tournaments. The name Validus still strikes fear on other gaming sections of other forums. I replaced him with Earth-Man because he has appeared recently and he has one of the most valuable Tournament powers.
6. Mordecai cannot compete for the same reasons Validus cannot compete. I replaced him with Eviceratronic because there appears to be interest for him to compete in the Tournament.
37. Universo's telepathy appears to be beyond Professor Xavier's level and perhaps is Sky-Father level. I don't think he should compete in Standard Tournaments. I have replaced him from Elysion because we need a villain from the Threeboot and Elysion is a personal favorite of mine.

1 Tharok
2. Emerald Empress
3.Mano
4.Persuader
5. Earth-Man
6. Caress
7. Flare
8. Evisceratronic
9. Neutrax
10. Silver Slasher
11. Titania
12. Lazon
13. Mist Master
14. Magno Lad
15. Esper Lass
16. Micro Lad
17. Chameleon Kid
18. Phantom Lad
19. Calorie Queen
20. Lightning Lord
21. Cosmic King
22. Saturn Queen
23. Chameleon Chief
24. Sun Emperor
25. Beauty Blaze
26. Echo
27. Radiation Roy
28. Spider Girl
29. Nemesis Kid
30. Ron-Karr
31. Zymyr
32. Hunter
33. Tyr
34. Ol-Vir
35. Monster Master
36. Nardo
37. Elysion
38. Dr. Regulus
39. Computo
40. Size Lad
41. Blackout Boy
42. Magnetic Kid
43. Alaktor
45. Evillo
46. Apollo
47. Wild Huntsman
48. Sugyn
49. Hag
50. Black Mace
51. Mystelor
52. Quanto
53. Rogarth
54. Shagrek
55. Command Kid
56. Dynamo Boy
57. Mantis Morlo
58. Meglaro
59. Roxxas
60. Satan Girl
70. Starfinger
71. Sun Woman
72. Sunburst

#451962 12/04/11 09:01 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Evisceratronic made it through! Here's hoping he somehow fumbles his way through to the end. haha

I am going to need to be reminded of what exactly his power was though. Actually, I'm going to need reminding of what a whole bunch of these characters' powers were - Neutrax, Monster Master, Nardo (other than being awesome and under-utilised), Elysion, Alaktor, Apollo... and more.

It might be worth having someone do a quick synopsis of each character for players who don't have time to search Wikipedia each round.

#451963 12/04/11 01:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I don't think Evisceratronic powers were really specified, were they? Someone will have to look it up.

It Universo is out, Meglaro should be as well, as he's arguably the most powerful telepath in the Legionverse.

I'll start writing up some quick summaries later on. I suspect we'll be wanting to make some more changes to the list as well.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,827
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Luck Lad
Luck Lad
Vancouver, BC
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star