Roll Call
0 members (), 5 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 43 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 42 43
Re: Survivor: Marzal
#375384 11/04/08 10:06 PM
Active
Active
Actually, OYYUUUUUUU (Teleportation) was posted in the Generic Topic Thread, as well.

I was responding to Novelty's post before Ex's list got posted.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#375385 11/04/08 10:15 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Good game Davey and everyone! Oh and BTW, time to go out and celebrate the first African American president-elect in history smile

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375386 11/04/08 10:29 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by Exnihil:
You know what's even more disturbing, is that right now, as the fate of the nation is being decided, 61 people are currently reading this thread... more than are usually even on Legion World at once...

I love this country. wink
I'm actually watch Comedy Central and checking in here during the ads

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#375387 11/05/08 01:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wow, look what the original St'balla tribe was able to accomplish once they got me out of their way! They've gotten rid of everyone else.

This is where it gets interesting.... who will go next?

#375388 11/05/08 06:24 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
...is that Lardy floating back across the bay from Exile Island?. It is!

That, of course, means:

It's time to head up to the Tribal Council area

[Linked Image]

Have a seat. We now see our jury entering... dedman... Quislet, Esq... Lone Wolf... and Lance... voted out at the last Tribal Council.

[Linked Image]

It seems like we just sat here a couple days ago. You'll find... as we get closer and closer to the end... that things start speeding up. It's the dimensional instability of this place. Already, you can feel the tell-tale tremors beginning. I've got a feeling that Marzal is not much longer for this world.

But forget all that! We've got a game to play!

Davey... so close... and so far. You and Novelty were neck and neck in that last challenge and, literally, you were edged out by just seconds. That's gotta hurt. Do you think, in retrospect, there was any deciding factor that made the difference between you two... anything you'd change about your approach, either in the last challenge, or, knowing everything you know now, about the game in general?

Floating Foxlike Creature, usually at the head of the pack, stumbled just a bit this time out. What about it, Fox? You guys have now been out here for 25 days. Over three weeks of almost non-stop challenges, both mental and physical. Is it starting to take a toll on people... affecting performance... or, this close to the end, do you think folks are getting a second wind as they can see the finish line?

Gamara, you were safe last time at Tribal with Immunity. Now that you're exposed again, does the doubt set in... or are you confident enough in your position that you know there's a place for you in the final four? There seems to be an awful lot of secrets going on in this Tribe. What is the level of confidence, at any given point, that one is "in the know," or is there always now the suspicion of a set up?

Lard Lad... the final contestant of the game to go out to Exile Island. As you know, this is the last Tribal Council in which the Hidden Immunity idol may be played. Of the five people sitting here, four of them have had a chance to explore out there. That's an awful lot of sand that's been dug up (in fact, after the show, the Marzalian Ecological Council would like a word) and possibly, at this point, all for nought. Do you think, or know, that we're in for any surprises tonight regarding the idol which could make or break this game for someone?

And Novelty... what can I say? Well played, old boy. After missing quite a few challenges in a row, Novelty sweeps in at the eleveth hour and not only wins Reward... not only wins Immunity... but takes first place in all four rounds of the challenge. Brilliant! You're safe tonight, unless you'd like to hand over Immunity to someone else... so, do you?

With those questions in mind, I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over today. I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... but take the next five posts,

<span style="font-size: 20px;">Davey, Floating Fox, Gamara, Lard Lad, and Novelty</span>

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the next person will be to leave... Survivor. You may not vote for yourself. If you have a hidden Immunity Idol, and would like to play it, please indicate that along with your vote.

#375389 11/05/08 07:40 AM
Active
Active
When did Lardy have to go to Exile Island?

#375390 11/05/08 07:52 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I told you, time is speeding up here on Marzal:

Blink...

...and you'll miss something. smile

#375391 11/05/08 10:01 AM
Active
Active
Oh. confused

I was a little busy right then. frown

#375392 11/05/08 11:22 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Jeff, I'd be surprised if there are NO surprises at this tribal! smile

I'd like to remind everyone that this is a GAME! So if there are lingering hurt feelings about past votes, well, sorry. All votes I've made in this game to this point seemed the best way to go for me and those who voted with me. If anyone can't respect that, then there's nothing more for me to say.

It's my hope that the remainder of this game will be played with integrity, and the Final Four are allowed to determine their own destinies until they reach the Final Two where, at that point, it's in the hands of the jury, as it should be.

Hopefully, I'll be here a while longer to see for myself. If not, I'll know I left playing the game well while I was here.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#375393 11/05/08 11:51 AM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Lardy, I am really having trouble understanding the third paragraph. Whom are you afraid would be determining the destinies of the final four?

#375394 11/05/08 12:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'll stand by what I wrote and let others decide.

#375395 11/05/08 12:22 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
I wasn't saying that you are wrong; I just don't have any idea what you are talking about. I don't follow your last post either - what is it that you will let others decide?

#375396 11/05/08 12:50 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, jury members... the Tribal Council is a forum for the remaining Survivors to express themselves prior to the vote.

All the jury members will have a chance to address the final two during the last Tribal Council. Until then, though, I'd like to ask you to merely observe the proceedings, so as not to unduly influence the vote.

Thanks in advance.

#375397 11/05/08 01:35 PM
Active
Active
I still can't believe I didn't win that last round. The only way I, personally, could have submitted the answer faster was if I'd had four tabs open each with a different PM ready to go with each of the remaining shouts and threads already typed in.

I'm just old enough where I never really did learn to type. Keyboarding classes weren't required yet, and typing classes weren't for college prep students. I'm better than I was in college 20 years ago, but nowhere good enough. lol

As far as tonight's vote, I think all of my tribe-mates know where I stand. At one time or another, including last night- after my correct answers got posted, I've shared clues and or answers with each of them. I've always been above board about my strategy, and even posted it on the board a few times. My wife calls me a Boy Scout for the way I try to behave, and the truth is I was a boy Scout, but I just think of it as being a nice guy. we all know what happens to them, but I don't think it will happen tonight. Maybe, though. No hard feelings, either way. cool

#375398 11/05/08 04:49 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Well Jeff,

I do feel confident that my tribemates will see me as non-threatening enough to vote someone else off first. I did not exactly acquit myself very well in this last challenge. I don't really have a strategy other than to try my best in the challenges and hope for the best. My votes at this point are all but completely random and considering the input of the others. I do hope to hang on, but I also do sincerley wish the best of luck to each and every player.

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck
#375399 11/05/08 08:58 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Jeff,

I'm keeping my immunity tonight thanks. Since you have been repeatedly highlighting the fact that I've been the strongest in the last challenge, I would feel very vulnerable without that hard earned immunity. As you know, the strongest player has consistently been voted out of this game - Sketch Lad, Quislet Esq., Lone Wolf and Lance when given a chance. (It's also a coincidence that their avatars had pictures creatures) The only mistake they did, I feel, was probably to play the challenges to the best of their abilities and thus proving themselves to be a threat to the rest of their team. I was sorry to see them go, but I will try to avoid making the same mistake as they did.

Everyone knows this is a game, we are here to be the best of the best not only in the challenges involved, but also with the politics. I know I'm no John McCain, but when I do get voted out, I hope to be as gracious in my defeat as he was. However, I am glad that is not going to be tonight.

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375400 11/05/08 09:24 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The debate continues at Tribal Council... as the contestants heavily weigh their options.

For those playing at home: 3 votes have been received, 2 remain.

#375401 11/05/08 10:33 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
One vote outstanding. If it's not received in the next half-hour or so, we'll be... again... camping out at the Tribal Council area.

Who brought marshmallows?

#375402 11/05/08 10:38 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The votes are now all in... I'll go tally the votes...

#375403 11/05/08 10:41 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol and would like to play it, now is the last time you may do so...

No one. The Hidden Immunity Idol is now out of play for the remainder of the game.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out is asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

I'll read the votes:

First vote:

[Linked Image]

second:

[Linked Image]

That's 1 vote Gamara, 1 vote Davey.

next:

[Linked Image]

That's 2 votes Gamara, 1 vote Davey.

The eighth person voted out of Survivor: Marzal... and the fifth member of our jury:

[Linked Image]

That's three votes, that's enough. I'm sorry, Gamara, bring me your torch.

[Linked Image]

Gamara, the Tribe has spoken.

Well, well, well... Final Four!

Congratulations, Davey Fairplay, Floating Foxlike Creature, Lard Lad, and Novelty. It's no small feat what the four of you have accomplished. You now each have a 25 percent chance that you're going home with a copy of Adventure 247. It's been a hard road so far, but... from this point... it's only going to get harder.

Pick up your torches and head on back to camp, you've got a rough day ahead of you tomorrow..

Cue Music:

<span style="font-size: 25px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH...</span>

#375404 11/06/08 12:14 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Congrats to my fellow members of the Final Four!

Congrats also to Gamara. You went very far playing a solid, honest game. It's a tribute, I think, to our collective fear that we'd lose to you in a Final Two vote that you ended up going at this point. That's high praise!

#375405 11/06/08 12:31 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Congrats Final 4. Sorry to see you go Gamara, but you had a creature/animal as your avatar so I guess it was inevitable. I hope you will continue to cheer us on to the final!

#375406 11/06/08 08:19 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Well, as I leave the game proper to join the jury, I would just like to take a moment and say a breif fare thee well to all. I bear no hard feelings whatsoever, everyone has played the game as the game is meant to be played, and doen so with grace and elan. Now I hope you won't mind as I eat you all. Jeff, if you could morph into something flavorful that would be nice. just kidding of course, best of luck to the remaining players. It will be interesting to watch the remainder of the game.

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck
#375407 11/06/08 09:23 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
bump for grey

#375408 11/06/08 09:24 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Previously on...

<span style="font-size: 30px;">Survivor!</span>

With only five Survivors remaining, it was nearly a St'balla reunion, as all the original N'hurans had been voted out. At the Challenge, both Reward and Immunity were up for grabs as the Survivors braved force fields, vertigo, winds and fires in a staged elimination tribute to Marzal's local hero, Tyroc. Lard Lad, the first to be knocked out of contention, was sent to Exile Island, as Novelty proceeded to sweep the Challenge, winning Immunity, and a Reward that has yet to be revealed...

Following Lard Lad's night-long dig through the beaches of Exile Island in a last ditch effort to find the Hidden Immunity idol, the tribe made their way to Tribal Council. After a brief reminder to the jury that their task at this point was merely observation, voting began to determine who would become the members of the final four. Suprisingly, the Hidden Immunity idol did not make an appearance, though it was the last time for it to played and, after the votes had been counted, it was Gamara that was voted off, becoming the fifth member of the jury.

4 Castaways are left. Who will be voted out next? Watch today, as a new Tree Mail signals the penultimate Challenge on... Survivor.

<span style="font-size: 30px;">AHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOO!</span>

Survivor Theme:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH!</span>
<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH!</span>

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 31 of 43 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,840
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Conjure Lass
Conjure Lass
St. Louis, Missouri
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star