Roll Call
0 members (), 6 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/28/24 11:42 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:42 PM
Why love the legion?
by stile86 - 09/28/24 10:39 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by stile86 - 09/28/24 09:58 PM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 01:31 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Set - 09/28/24 12:27 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 43 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 42 43
Re: Survivor: Marzal
#375409 11/06/08 11:55 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
You've got Tree-mail:

[Linked Image]

Immunity Challenge tonight - 10PM EST

#375410 11/06/08 09:01 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right guys, bring it in.

... and here they are... the Final Four of the Tyroc Tribe:

[Linked Image]

... Gamara voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Well, guys, I hope you drank your Kono Juice today, because you're going to want to be hydrated for this one. Tonight the only Reward you're playing for is the satisfaction of a job well done, and a one in four chance to win Immunity. The task before you will span the entire breadth of the island of Marzal in a Challenge we call:

[Linked Image]

You will be searching the entire island for a single piece of information... and here's how you'll do it:

- Firstly you must find 13 letters (The number 13 represents all of our original contestants and the host... everyone who contributed to Survivor: Marzal). These letters are:

1. The first letter of the second word of the blog containing the podcast referred to in the intial Immunity Challenge
2. The final letter of the Legionnaire's code name shown two people to the left of Tyroc in the video used in the second Immunity Challenge
3. The first letter of the only comic title used in the initial Reward Challenge which uses alliteration.
4. The fourth letter shown on the medallion of the contestant who could not participate in the fifth Immunity Challenge
5. The first letter of the second word on the sign at the third Reward Challenge
6. The final letter of the second word of the final song used in the fifth Immunity Challenge.
7. The fifth letter of the name of the individual who received the second vote at the first Tribal Council
8. The fourth letter of Novelty's garbled attempted communication from inside the Phantom Zone
9. The alphabetic representation of the number of letters (where 1=A, 2=B, etc.) in the animal's name shown in the lower right section of the chalkboard at the fifth Reward Challenge
10. The letter of the second hyperlink of the second Reward Challenge
11. The eleventh letter of the first contestant picked (not a captain) at the fourth Reward Challenge
12. The final letter of the seventh person found (in increasing page order, not as the final chronological order) in the fourth Immunity Challenge
13. The second letter shown on the drawing (not part of the Survivor's name) in the second vote of the second Tribal Council

- You now would have collected 13 letters… but they are actually, at this point, encoded.

- Using the cipher which was a red herring at the sixth Reward Challenge, you must decrypt these letters to their proper alphabetical correspondences.

- Once you have done this, the 13 decrypted letters must then be unscrambled into a spelled out numerical phrase.

- Converting the phrase to its component numerical equivalents (example: NINE EIGHTY SEVEN would be 9, 8, and 7) you will then procede to the solution given to the sixth Immunity Challenge.

- Once there you will note that after each Survivor's name, there is a two character alpha-numeric code.

- Locate the single member of the Final Four who does NOT have a number in their alphanumeric code which matches one of those in the numerical phrase you decoded.

- Once you have located this Survivor's name, proceed to the first combined Reward/Immunity Challenge and find out how much money they had at the end of the challenge (if the selected individual was sent to Exile, the amount would be how much they had prior to that point).

- Once you determine this number, PM your solution to Exnihil. The first individual to do so wins immunity.

A few caveats:

- You may only submit one answer, if it is incorrect, you will not have another chance.

- Any answers posted on the board represent immediate disqualification for that individual

- You may do as much, or as little, of the challenge as you need to determine the final answer.

- The clever among you might be able to trim off some of the legwork.

- The intuitive among you might be able to trim off a great deal.

...and that's it.

Survivors ready...

<span style="font-size: 30px;">OYYUUUUUUU!!!!</span>

What the...? Ah, yes!

As the winner of the last Reward, Novelty has been able, to an extent, to unlock the reality warping power of Tyroc's most common shout: teleportation. He has just activated it and teleported beyond the first two letters. Good job, just eleven to go, Nov!

For the rest of you:

Survivors ready? Go!!!

#375411 11/06/08 09:26 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Ex, I can't get #10 because I was on exile island during that challenge and therefore wasn't part of that challenge! I guess I'm screwed frown

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375412 11/06/08 09:31 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Novelty:
Ex, I can't get #10 because I was on exile island during that challenge and therefore wasn't part of that challenge! I guess I'm screwed frown
Not true... All answers are available to anyone who looks for them.

#375413 11/06/08 09:36 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Hold on... We have a winner!!!

#375414 11/06/08 09:44 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The solution to the Challenge:

- Following the initial 13 clues would have yielded the alphabetical sequence: FYWACGATDGXXH

- Decoded, this would yield: VWROSEONFETTY

- Unscrambled, that would be: TWO FORTY SEVEN, or 2,4,7.

- The only member of the final four not having one of those numbers in the Chess Challenge was Lardy

-...who in the auction was left with 0.

But not this time... as:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">LARDY WINS IMMUNITY!!!</span>

Now... I have to know... how in the blue blazes did you get that so quickly, Lardy?!?

#375415 11/06/08 09:46 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Now, I have to know... how in the blue blazes did you get that so quickly, Lardy?
Blue Blazes? Really? lol

But, yeah, I'd like to know, too? confused

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#375416 11/06/08 09:50 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Darn it, I missed out final 4 frown Congrats Lardy!

Davey:

There's a W which means there was a 2, a U which means there's a 4, but no I which means there's no 6 or 5. I thought it was Gamara.

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375417 11/06/08 09:56 PM
Active
Active
Oh yeah, and, Congrats, Lardy. (I think he had to go.)

Nov, you made the Final four, it's the Next round we have to worry about.

(And thanks for trying to explain it, but you may as well be talking Durlan.) confused lol

#375418 11/06/08 10:05 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Now... I have to know... how in the blue blazes did you get that so quickly, Lardy?!?
Er...I used the Lard Force? shrug

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#375419 11/06/08 10:12 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
So... if I strike you down, will you become more Lardy than I can possibly imagine? smile

For those who are concerned with such things: we have broken the viewing record for the second challenge in a row. Tonight, at one point, we had 67 people watching the Survivor: Marzal thread!!!

Congrats, Final Four, you are message board celebrities.

And congrats to Lardy, however he managed it.

For the rest of you... I've got nothing... except a potentially very interesting Tribal Council, tomorrow.

#375420 11/06/08 10:14 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Congrats, Lardy. You move pretty fast for someone so, um, generously proportioned! BouncingBoy

#375421 11/06/08 10:14 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Would you say I'm..."foxlike"? wink

#375422 11/06/08 10:19 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Nah. You're not "generously proportioned" in the way this foxlike creature is. wink

#375423 11/06/08 10:27 PM
Active
Active
Dirty! evil

(Oh, god I sound like a 12-year-old girl!)

#375424 11/06/08 10:32 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Heh, Davey, I mean the part in the question where it said final 4. Without that there are two possible answers - Lardy and Gamara. I went for Gamara as my answer which was wrong frown

And I best refrain from making comments about proportions and stuff...

#375425 11/07/08 02:14 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, guys, it's that time again: head up to the Tribal Council area

[Linked Image]

Have a seat. We now see our jury entering... dedman... Quislet, Esq... Lone Wolf... Lance... and Gamara, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

[Linked Image]

Well, that was a heck of a challenge last night! I'll admit that Lardy surprised the heck out of me, solving the task in a fraction of the time it actually took to write. Job well done... but now we've got another job before us, paring down the Final Four to a Final Three.

So, let's talk:

Davey, you've come a long way in this game... surviving a Tribe swap, a trip to Exile, and numerous visits to Tribal Council. Of all of our remaining contestants, though, it has been your name written down more than any other. Do you think that, given all your narrow scrapes with elimination that tonight might be the night... or do perhaps feel that those targeting you up until now have been eliminated themselves?

Floating Foxlike Creature, by contrast, your name has never been written down! To what do you think you owe your good fortune thus far? Have you made a few strategic alliances along the way that have helped to bring you this far, or is it that hard work and dedication to the team have inspired a sense of loyalty? Either way, this deep in... do you think it will be enough?

Lard Lad... safe this time around, unless, of course you'd like to pass you Immunity to someone else. You've now guaranteed yourself a one in three shot at the grand prize. So, since you're sitting it the catbird seat right now, let me just ask you this: Now that it's so close to end, you've got to be thinking, "If I make it to the Final Two, who do I want by my side?" What are the factors that go into that process? Does loyalty hold sway, or do you opt for the guy you think the jury would most dislike to see win?

And Novelty... you had Immunity last time out. Now that's in somebody else's hands how do you feel? Are you confident in your position among your tribe-mates, or are you now starting to feel the pangs of suspicion? Everyone of the four wants to be one of the three, so what would you say to your fellow Tribemates at this point as to why one of those should be you?

With those questions in mind, I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over today. I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... but take the next five posts,

<span style="font-size: 20px;">Davey, Floating Fox, Lard Lad, and Novelty</span>

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the next person will be to leave... Survivor. You may not vote for yourself. There is no longer a hidden Immunity Idol to play. Because of the unique situation regarding a possible tie, if it should occur, the two non-tied individuals will be given an hour after it occurs to reach a consensus. If a consensus cannot be reached, all three contestants who do not have Immunity will compete against elimination by answering a single question, so, again... don't force a tie!

Good Luck, Everyone.

#375426 11/07/08 08:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Jeff, I'm keeping my immunity--it goes well with my trunks! smile I can keep it for next time, too, right? laugh

Loyalty means a lot to me in this game. If things go the way I think they will tonight, that loyalty will have paid off big time, and a pact I made at the beginning of this game will have fully come to pass. That, in itself will be a huge triumph. Again, barring something unforeseen tonight.

We'll see what lies ahead with the next immunity and the final three tribal, but I'm happy tonight, no matter how the game ends.

#375427 11/07/08 09:20 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Just a quick update for those playing at home: Halfway there... two votes in, two to go.

#375428 11/07/08 09:59 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Three down, one to go, another round with one more vote (apologies to Jon Anderson wink )

#375429 11/08/08 06:23 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
That's easy for you to say Lard Lad. Anyways, if I'm voted out tonight (sob sob, no immunity) let me say I have had the most fun playing this game. However, I hope I will go on into the final 3.

As of now, though I'm headed home (in real life. Yay for free airport internet things)

#375430 11/08/08 07:44 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
......snnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzxxxxxttt.... wha? Who's there!

Oh, sorry... fell asleep at Tribal, waiting for the final vote. But, it's now in... I'll go tally the votes.

#375431 11/08/08 07:54 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out is asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

I'll read the votes:

First vote:

[Linked Image]

second:

[Linked Image]

That's 1 vote Novelty, 1 vote Davey.

next:

[Linked Image]

That's 2 votes Novelty, 1 vote Davey.

The ninth person voted out of Survivor: Marzal... and the sixth member of our jury:

[Linked Image]

I'm sorry, Nov, bring me your torch.

[Linked Image]

Novelty, the Tribe has spoken.

...and then there were three. Well, no rest for the weary, as tonight you will engage in the Final Challenge... which will decide who goes to the end... and who fills the final spot in the jury box.

Pick up your torches and head on back to camp. See you tonight.

Cue Music:

<span style="font-size: 25px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH...</span>

#375432 11/08/08 01:11 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Previously on...

<span style="font-size: 30px;">Survivor!</span>

The Final Four: Davey Fairplay, Floating Foxlike Creature, Lard Lad and Novelty returned to camp, celebrating the fact that they each now had a twenty-five percent chance at winning the grand prize of Adventure 247... but little suspecting that their greatest adventure lie ahead. At the Challenge, Jeff Proty revealed that there would be no reward to be won, other than Immunity itself. The challenge was a labyrinthine nightmare... one that, if fully engaged in, would be no less than a full revisitation of every challenge our Survivors had engaged in to that point... but that the clever among them might see a better way. Lard Lad turned out to be just that clever man, cracking the puzzle in just about thirty minutes, and winning Immunity.

At Tribal, an almost eerie silence pervaded the proceedings as, during a full overnight session, only Lard Lad and Novelty even spoke. Lard Lad slightly tipped his hand, revealing that his current position had been laid out well in advance... going back so far as to the very beginning of the game. This masterminded plot appeared to be continuing to play out as, with three votes to one, Novelty was voted out and became the sixth member of the jury.

3 Castaways are left. Who will be voted out next? Watch today, as a new Tree Mail signals the Final Challenge on... Survivor.

<span style="font-size: 30px;">AHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOO!</span>

Survivor Theme:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH!</span>
<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH!</span>

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#375433 11/08/08 01:27 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
You've got Tree-mail:

[Linked Image]

Final Challenge Tonight at 10PM EST.

Page 32 of 43 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,845
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
rtvu2
rtvu2
Texas
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star