Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 20 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 01:04 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 01:04 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 01:03 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 01:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 12:55 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/30/24 12:52 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Korbal - 09/29/24 06:46 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 43 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 42 43
Re: Survivor: Marzal
#375084 10/27/08 07:50 PM
Active
Active
I mean. Stop making foolish blather, Bizarro Qius. You not funny!

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#375085 10/27/08 07:56 PM
strange but not a stranger
Bizarro Quis: Language Arts Lad no am want to post there

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#375086 10/27/08 07:57 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Well, N'hura... you gave it the old college try tonight, but... it's back to Tribal tomorrow.

Head on back to camp and start thinking about which one of your tribemates:

[Linked Image]

is going home.

#375087 10/28/08 09:55 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, N'hura, Quislet has returned from Exile... that means it's time to make your way up to the Tribal Council area.

[Linked Image]

All right, guys, take a seat. We now see our first member of our jury entering the tribal council area... dedman... voted out last time around.

[Linked Image]

So we meet again, for the fourth time... and the third in a row. Talk to me about some of the things going through your minds now that you've been on the island for a couple weeks

Quislet, you've now been to Tribal Council more than any other player in the game. Discouraging? It's got to be a bit like Russian Roulette as you look at your fellow Tribemates and see nothing but faces who, at one time, all were St'balla. Any worries, tonight?

Davey... two weeks is a long time. Day after day coming out there for the challenges has to take a toll. Are you starting to feel frustarted at all or can you see that finish line and are in it for the long haul?

Gamara, I think a lot of folks are surprised at how far you've come. A newcomer to Legion World who had a few stumbles early on, you absolutely dominated in the last challenge. Tell me, in your opinion, how much of this game is luck, and how much is skill?

And Lard Lad, how about the thing that nobody is talking about? Two of your tribemates have been out to Exile... and very well might have the hidden immunity idol. Does that change your game at all, or is it business as usual?

With those questions in mind, I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over today. I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... but take the next four posts,

<span style="font-size: 15px;">Quis, Davey, Lard Lad, and Gamara</span>

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the next person will be to leave... Survivor. You may not vote for yourself. If you have a hidden Immunity Idol, and would like to play it, please indicate that along with your vote.

Important to note for this Tribal Council, however, is the possibility of a tie. In the event of a tie, an hour long private discussion will commence in which the non-tied players must come to a unanimous decision as to who should be eliminated. If a unanimous decision is not reached within the hour, the tied players will be granted immunity and the non-tied players will be forced to answer a single question. Whichever player answers the question correctly first is staying, the other will be eliminated.

So, for all concerned, it behooves you not to arrive at a tie.

#375088 10/28/08 11:18 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Jeff, I'm assuming either Novelty or Gamara has the idol. I have to factor that into my game, like anyone else should. It's a definite x-factor.

I just hope everyone will think out their vote carefully tonight.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#375089 10/28/08 11:21 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Well, first off, let me say that I respect each and every player as well as our host, and have not yet decided which way my vote will go. I will be reading all of my teammates' posts with great interest.

As far as luck versus skill - I think it comes down to whether luck brings you a challenge in which you have skill. For example, I am really bad at logic puzzles. I know there is a standard way to approach them, but I don't enjoy them and don't generally do them, so it was bad luck for me when that challenge appeared. Contrarily, I am good at internet searching and fast copy/pasting, so those skills helped me be successful in the last challenge - although unfortunately we still ended up here. So, though it's a wishy-washy response, I will say that it is a little of both.

To make a case for my own survival, let me state that although I was not always able to contribute much to the challenges, I was dedicated to at least trying. For example, during the "Lightning Riders" challenge, I was in Phoenix, AZ at a resort hotel. I actually live in NJ. To get online, I initially had to log in from a FedEx office in the hotel at .40 a minute, although for the challenge I managed to find a (semi)public-access PC. But I was ready to play. As it happened I didn't have to stay long what with the disqualification, nonetheless, I went out of my way to ensure I could at last attempt to help. And as Jeff Proty can confirm, I did submit the correct answer to that first challenge right about the same time as the disqulalification. I don't know if I was the first answerer or not, as it turned out to be a moot point. MY point is, I believe I have shown the dedication to supporting my team, and I will continue to do so until my torch is pulled from my cold, fanged, gigantic jaws.

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck
#375090 10/28/08 12:22 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Come to think of it, "fanged, gigantic jaws" may be taken as a hint that maybe I am not the greatest one to vote off. And the fire. And the stomping. Y'know, if anyone saw it that way, I certainly don't mean to be nasty. Just sayin'.

=Daffy Duck
#375091 10/28/08 04:08 PM
Lardy,

You forgot that I was on Exile Island last night. Of the whole N'hura tribe, you are the only one known not to have an immunity idol.

Will that affect the votes?

#375092 10/28/08 06:47 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
For those watching at home: two votes cast, two to go.

And for those who were watching something else: yet again, the Great Pumpkin failed to show in Linus' pumpkin patch.

#375093 10/28/08 09:23 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Three down, one to go!

#375094 10/28/08 09:51 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, N'hura... it seems that one of you needs a bit more time to deliberate.

Grab a rock, we're making camp here, tonight. Tribal Council results, tomorrow.

#375095 10/29/08 03:23 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Wait, it still says that Exnihil has the hidden immunity idol. I don't think it has been found yet!

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375096 10/29/08 07:20 AM
Active
Active
No, Nov, It says there IS an immunity idol. Ex told us early that he wouldn't tell us if and/or when the idol was found. He wouldn't even tell the people who get sent there AFTER it's been found. For instance, you could have found it on that first visit you made, and this comment is merely misdirection on your part to make your teammates more confident and forget that you could have it. (Good plan, by the way!) You could have even pass it on to someone else, as long as you tell EX, and he wouldn't tell us THAT either.

All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).
#375097 10/29/08 07:32 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Please stand by... Gamara, check your PM inbox.

#375098 10/29/08 07:43 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
If anyone has the Hidden Immunity Idol and would like to play it, now is the time...

No one.

Once the votes are read, the decision is final, the person voted out is asked to leave the tribal council area immediately.

I'll read the votes:

First vote:

[Linked Image]

second:

[Linked Image]

That's 1 vote Quislet, 1 vote Lard Lad.

next:

[Linked Image]

That's 2 votes Quislet, 1 vote Lard Lad.

The fifth person voted out of Survivor: Marzal and the second member of our jury:

[Linked Image]

I'm sorry, Quislet, bring me your torch.

[Linked Image]

Quislet, the Tribe has spoken.

...and then there were three. Ironically, all three of you started out as St'balla, and now are poised to go head to head against your former tribe. Well, what's in a name, anyway?

OK, guys, pick up your torches and head on back to camp. Another challenge awaits you tonight.

Cue Music:

<span style="font-size: 25px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH
OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH...</span>

#375099 10/29/08 08:50 AM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Oh, wow. I didn't see that coming. Excuse me, I am in shock...

#375100 10/29/08 09:38 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Sorry to see you go Quis!

Ex, can you please tell us the time when tonight's challenge will be posted?

=Daffy Duck
#375101 10/29/08 09:47 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Wow! Wow! Wow!

I didn't see that coming as well. I think I see a trend... people with animals on their avatar get voted out fast... Gamara, I'd change my avatar if I were you lol

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#375102 10/29/08 10:13 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Previously on...

<span style="font-size: 30px;">Survivor!</span>

Once again, the scales were evened out, as Gamara returned to the reconfigured N'hura to make it 4 on 4 vs the St'balla tribe. At the Reward Challenge, an ailing Jeff Proty was temporarily replaced by guest host, Brainiac 5, who sent our contestants into a mental maelstrom with a difficult logic puzzle. St'balla came through in the end, however, winning an Imperfect Duplicator Ray in the bargain.

At the Immunity Challenge, St'balla invoked their ray to create a Bizarro Quislet. Quislet Mark-1 flew off to Exile Island to prevent the sullying of his good name, but, unbeknowst to him, Bizarro Quis had returned to jeer his own tribe as they faced off in a Lyrical Challenge sponsored by McCauley Omnicom. St'balla won immunity in a nail-biter finish, sending N'hura to Tribal Council, where Quislet was voted off, becoming the second member of the jury.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Whew! Who writes this stuff?</span>

7 Castaways are left. Who will be voted out next? Watch today, as a new Tree Mail signals the next Challenge on... Survivor.

<span style="font-size: 30px;">AHHHHHHHH-HOOOOOOOO!</span>

Survivor Theme:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-WEE-OH-WEE-OH-WEE-AH!</span>
<span style="font-size: 30px;">OH-OH-OH-WEE-AH!</span>

[align:center] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/align]

#375103 10/29/08 10:46 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Originally posted by Exnihil:[QB]<span style="font-size: 10px;">Whew! Who writes this stuff?</span>
You do Ex. BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3? Or is that a secret only known to Ex?

#375104 10/29/08 11:08 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Novelty:
BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3?
The answer to that question has already been shown to those with keen powers of observation.

Meanwhile... you've got Tree-Mail:

[Linked Image]

Reward Challenge Tonight 10 PM EST

#375105 10/29/08 12:43 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Originally posted by Novelty:
[b]BTW, are we headed for a final 2 or a final 3?
The answer to that question has already been shown to those with keen powers of observation.[/b]
Ah, I see what you mean, Ex! hmmm

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#375106 10/29/08 02:42 PM
Well, it was fun while it lasted. The current N'hura better hope that I don't hold a grudge.

#375107 10/29/08 08:00 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, Survivors, bring it on in.

Here comes St'balla:

[Linked Image]

...and our first look at the new N'hura, Quislet voted out at the last Tribal Council:

[Linked Image]

All right, let's get right to tonight's Challenge.

People often ask me, "Say, Jeff, your last name's Proty. Does that mean you're related to Proty II?"

Well, yes... he's my cousin. But trust me: at family reunions, I'm still the bigger hit. You see, the thing with Proty II is that he's not much of a talker. Everything's "classified" this, and "top secret" that. It's that Durlan fellow he hangs out with. All that "Espionage" stuff rubs off on him. Well, tonight I'm going to take a page out his book as you're about to become an:

[Linked Image]

of your own.

Earlier today, each one of you received a PM with a series of three alphabetic ciphers. You will have noticed that each of them consisted of exactly 26 letters. This is no coincidence.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is as follows:

- Each of your ciphers has a direct, sequential alphabetic correspondence (i.e. the first letter = A, the second = B and so on.)
- Only two of these ciphers, however, are valid. The third is merely a red herring.
- In a moment, a four line coded message will be posted on the board.
- Each line of this message is encoded according to one of the ciphers. That is to say, each line uses a different 26 letter cipher to accurately decode it. Punctuation has been left intact as an aid, but all spaces between words have been removed.
- It is your job to decode the entire message

- Obviously, since you only possess two valid ciphers, you will only be able to use your own PM for half the message (which lines vary from player to player). How you decode the remainder is entirely up to you.
- You may share info with your Tribe-mates (among the members of each Tribe, there is enough data to decode the entire message) OR you may choose to work alone and simply attempt to crack the remaining two lines using basic substitution methodology.

Why (you may ask) would you choose to work alone? The reason is simply: Tonight's Reward will only be given to One Survivor.

- The first individual to crack the message and PM Exnihil the solution wins Reward. Any solutions posted on the board will result in immediate disqualification for that individual Survivor, and basically give a free ride to the next person to PM the solution.

Want to know what you're playing for:

[Linked Image]

One Duralim wand ( frown sniff... sorry, painful memories of my other cousin) that has been customized for a very specific purpose that will be revealed to the winner of the Challenge.

Survivors ready? This message will self-destruct in 30 seconds (Kidding! I'm kidding, come back!). The coded message will be posted 5 minutes from... Now!

#375108 10/29/08 08:05 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
...and here is your message:

HS'XEVVEEUCU'AMDEKQDQJVEORUNENEBQ.

UDNVLOGKNZRNLNIVHHNLNOU,QWUUDNVLSCGARGZUDNZGKN.

DOXWTXAAYQNDZVMFJ,"ZNS'QXINDONWDOXPXQHX

LUWILKKRMTBLFIYFUUH...RG'HGRNVULIGSVNVITV!"

Good Luck, Survivors!

Page 19 of 43 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,048,877
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star