Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Korbal - 10/01/24 02:24 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:53 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:51 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:50 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:48 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:46 AM
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/01/24 12:46 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 43 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 42 43
Re: Survivor: Marzal
#374784 10/18/08 09:23 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
You've got Tree-Mail:

[Linked Image]

Challenge kicks off at 7 PM EST

#374785 10/18/08 01:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Marzal is so weird! I was out testing my flight ring and flew way up high in the sky. I was up there for maybe 15 minutes, and when I got back to camp, the next challenge was already started and ended! I've gotta watch out for that.

So, sorry tribe.

I hope Nov's okay out there. He's clever, so I'm not worried about his instincts, but this island can mess with you.

Congratulations other tribe!

#374786 10/18/08 05:00 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, Survivors, bring it on in.

Here's Novelty, a little worse for wear after his trip out to Exile Island:

[Linked Image]

Wow, I wouldn't wish that place on anyone... even apart from the rough terrain, it's also filled with savage natives. But did Novelty find the hidden Immunity idol? Only he knows for sure.

All right. let's get right into today's Immunity Challenge.

Existing in a universe parallel to our own is an odd place where super-heroes don't really exist. Instead, they are portrayed by actors... sometimes in live action features, sometimes merely voiced in cartoons. Everyone that exists in our universe, however, has a corresponding double in theirs. Here's mine:

[Linked Image]

Yikes! What a hideous creature!

In today's challenge, Survivors will have to pair people from the Legion mythos - both heroes and villains - with their corresponding actors from this alternate universe.

- Below you will find 12 images. Only 10 of them have direct correspondences. First, match the heroes and villains to the actors to determine which two may be disregarded. This is the easy part.

- Once you have determined which are the correct 10, you will now order them according to their "first appearances" (for the heroes and villains this means the cover date of their first comics appearance; for the actors, their date of birth).

- When you have the 10 images correctly sequenced, you will see an alpha-numeric sequence (font note: bottom row, second image is a lower case "L"). Append this sequence to the end of this web address, "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6" and paste the entire address in your browser.

- This will take you to a video file. Watch the video with the aim to answer the question, "How did Tyroc's actions differ from those of his teammates?"

- Once you feel you have the correct answer to this question, PM your answer to Exnihil. (You know the deal: don't post it on the board... team disqualification... yada yada yada...)

- The first team with 5 correct answers wins Immunity, the other team goes to Tribal Council.

Now, N'hura, being in possession of the Time Bubble, you have a distinct advantage in this challenge, as you may travel back in time to give your response. The first entry will be counted as a half hour before its receipt, the second- an hour, third- an hour and a half, fourth-two hours, and final- two and a half hours...

BUT... here's the twist:

Any response that, due to the nature of time travel, arrives before the start of the challenge will not count, and you will receive no notification that this is the case! Therefore, team coordination is essential. That being said, if you feel as though you may have arrived too early, you may submit again at a later time, and both the order of arrival and the time differential will be readjusted accordingly.

(Whew! That was confusing just to write!)

Survivors ready? GO!!!

[Linked Image]

#374787 10/18/08 07:05 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Worse for wear? Don't believe Exnihil. Exile island is as close to heaven on earth as possible. Sipping cocktails while watching the sun set, enjoying the spas and the full body massage by beautiful ladies, sleeping under the stars, what more could you want? Oh wait, is that my dementia from staying on Exile island talking?

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#374788 10/18/08 07:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Nov's back!! Hey, no one ever said Exile Island was going to be really brutal. I want to know that kind of stuff if I'm going to be asked to send someone somewhere again, Proty! I'm sure Nov charmed the savages with some kewl trick or something, though.

Go St'balla!

#374789 10/18/08 07:16 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Does walking around naked count as "some kewl trick" ?

Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"
#374790 10/18/08 07:27 PM
strange but not a stranger
"full body massage by beautiful ladies" That does sound like hell. Where are the cute pool boys to help out a guy?

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#374791 10/18/08 07:53 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Well, I'm not a cute pool boy...and I'm not even gay...but anything to help out my awesome teammates... You want me to wear my coconut bikini or not, Quis?

#374792 10/18/08 07:57 PM
I thought you gave that to Fat Cramer.

#374793 10/18/08 08:02 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Well...she didn't need the bottoms, with it having a cup and all...

#374794 10/18/08 08:24 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
....and that's the Challenge!

Wow... one of the more difficult ones, both to play and, trust me, to think up!

To begin with, the puzzle itself:

- Obviously, the heroes and villains were Brainiac 5, Mordru, Saturn Girl, Darkseid, Supergirl, and Lightning Lad.

- The actors were Kari Wahlgren (who portrayed Saturn Girl in the recently defunct LSH cartoon), Shawn Harrison (Timber Wolf from the same), Gabriel Dell (child actor from the "Dead End Kids" movies who went on to portray Mordru in the live action "Legends of the Superheroes" in the '70's), beautiful, beautiful Helen Slater (Supergirl in, well, the movie, "Supergirl"), Matt Czuchry (who was Brainiac 5 in the "Justice League Unlimited" episode, "Far from Home"), and cartoon voice legend Frank Welker (who, among many other credits, also voiced Darkseid in "Superfriends")

- This would have eliminated Shawn Harrison and Lightning Lad, and then the proper date order would give a sequence of: Br7K7ERle8

- Appended to the partial web address, this would take you to a video clip of the LSH cartooon episode, "In the Beginning," where you would see a round of Legion initiations where all members were taking an oath with an open hand... except Tyroc, who was holding up a "Black Power" fist.

Whew!

OK, so on the beach:

- I gave the OK to start solving at 7:00, and all the Survivors ran off, leaving me alone with a Time Bubble.

- Just 3 minutes later, another Time Bubble appeared and out popped dedman. "Wow," he said, "I'm first? How is that even possible?" Dunno... I slept through time travel 101.

- At 7:17, a 3rd bubble appeared, as the beach was getting crowded. It was Lance.

- Seven minutes later, kenaustin appeared: 4 bubbles.

- At 7:49, it was Lone Wolf, making 4 N'hura members and 5 bubbles.

- The first St'balla member arrived at 8:09 - Floating Foxlike Creature. "Damn! How did they all get here?" he chirruped with foxlike annoyance.

- And it all wrapped up with Quislet appearing in his bubble at 8:17.

- Sketch, Davey and Nov made it back at 8:20, 8:34, and 8:38 respectively... but it was too late.

- But wait! There was Quislet arriving again at 8:47, running up, pausing only to bark at himself, then hopping into a time bubble and disappearing.

- Lone Wolf mark 2 arrived at 8:49 and reduced the Time Bubbles to 4.

- ken arrived again at 8:54, and took off for times past

- dedman showed up... again... at 9:03 and said "Wow, I'm going to be first? How is that even possible?" I pointed him toward the Time Bubble and off he went.

- Finally, Lance rolled in for a second time at 9:47 and hit the Time Stream running.

- That left us with just the one Time Bubble, Lard Lad and Gamara unaccounted for, and the fact that:

<span style="font-size: 30px;">N'hura wins Immunity!</span>

Job well done, guys! The mental gynastics alone earned you this one. St'balla... I've got nothing for you... except an appointment tomorrow at Tribal Council. Head on back to camp and start thinking about which one of your tribemates:

[Linked Image]

is going home.

(And, everybody, please tell me, who solved the puzzle and how??? ) smile

#374795 10/18/08 08:35 PM
It truly was a team effort. Mostly myself, kenaustin, Lone Wolf Legionnaire and dedman. (Lance was busy making sure the Time Bubbles weren't stolen) Different people verified which actor went with which character. IMDB provided dates of birth for the actors. I also was using Google image when we got names of actors who played the various characters to make sure that was who was in the picture.

We did initially have some trouble getting to the video, but kenaustin got through first. And watching the video made the answer pretty obvious.

Also Lone Wolf Legionnaire also had to deal with a house full of people and that he is getting up at 4:30 tomorrow for work.

#374796 10/18/08 08:38 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
Actually, a couple of the time bubbles were borrowed - but they were returned before they were taken, so it was ok.

#374797 10/18/08 08:42 PM
Active
Active
Yo-D'Florgin'-Lay! Way to go N'hura!

Echo what Quislet said. Kari Wahlgren's bday was the only one not on IMDB. Got that off of giantbomb.com, a video game site.

#374798 10/18/08 08:45 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
"full body massage by beautiful ladies" That does sound like hell. Where are the cute pool boys to help out a guy?
I thought you and Lance was hitting it off? Or maybe not.

#374799 10/18/08 08:47 PM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
Actually, a couple of the time bubbles were borrowed - but they were returned before they were taken, so it was ok.
Believe it or not, at one point while waiting for you guys, another time bubble did appear... and out popped an alternate timeline Fat Cramer, clutching her copy of Adventure 247 and saying, "Ha! Eat kitty litter, Quis! I'm the Sole Survivor!" FatCramer

#374800 10/18/08 08:50 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Nicely done Ex! I liked this immunity challenge. It's a pity we didn't get immunity. I guess I best have my immunity Kelly Clarkson ready just in case!

#374801 10/18/08 09:13 PM
Around the bonfire, the N'hura tribe begin to dance a celebratory dance. The beat of the tom-tom sets the pace. The beat quickens and the dance builds. Wildly the dancers move around the fire. Limbs flail, hands claw, teeth flash.

This is not a dance for the faint of heart. And woe to any who try to interrupt.

#374802 10/18/08 09:16 PM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
No need to whip yourself up into an orgy Quis, the cute pool boys are that way (points offscreen) towards Exile island smile

#374803 10/18/08 11:31 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Excellent work team!!!

#374804 10/19/08 08:06 AM
Exnihil Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
All right, St'balla, head on up to the Tribal Council area.

[Linked Image]

Well, this tribe started out strong, dominating in the first couple of Challenges, but apparently that fueled N'hura's fire to step up their game. I'd like to talk a little about the team dynamic here in St'balla.

Davey, I've heard from some of your tribe-mates that you are emerging as a leader. Fair assessment? And what does that mean to the rest of the tribe? Will that strength eventually be seen as a threat?

Novelty, you've shown incredible cunning... and had the opportunity to search for an immunity idol out on Exile. That must put a huge target on your back. Do you feel confident in your position on the team?

Gamara, you're the newcomer around here. You're still learning the ropes, but have adapted very quickly. Is there any sense of being a outsider that you've had to overcome?

Lard Lad and Sketch, you two are long time buddies. Does this build a sense of resentment among the rest of the tribe that you "have each other's back"? We've seen both of you entirely miss challenges... does that worry you at all that performance might be judged?

And Floating Foxlike Creature... I've heard that you are a bit of an unknown factor... that the rest of the team feels they don't really know you... or that perhaps they do!. Any worries about the inherent bias against alt ID's?

With those questions in mind, I am going to ask each of you to cast a vote over the next day, I do want to give each of you the opportunity to post one statement. It may be as long or as short as you like, and make take whatever form you like. You may make your own case for staying... or make a case for another leaving... or both... or neither... but take the next six posts,

<span style="font-size: 15px;">Lard Lad, Davey, Sketch, FFC, Gamara, and Nov</span>

to speak your mind.

Then, when you're ready, cast your secret vote via PM to Exnihil to say who the next person will be to leave... Survivor. You may not vote for yourself. If you have a hidden Immunity idol, and would like to play it, please indicate that along with your vote.

#374805 10/19/08 11:00 AM
Lost In Time
Lost In Time
Well, Jeff, I think my team knows I'm a team player, and if my team thinks I should take one for the team, then perhaps Kelly Clarkson will sing - it ain't over until the cute chick sings!

#374806 10/19/08 11:18 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Hi gang,

I had posted both on the board early on (before the start of the actual game in fact) that I would be away with, at best, limited internet access from yesterday through Wednesday, and such I am - and thus missed the last challenge. Sorry guys! regarding being an outsider, yes there are ropes to learn, but with the support of my tem mates thus far I don't think it overwhelmingly difficult - except for learning exactly who is who - as mentioned, alt IDs can make it tricky. but I am participating as best I can and hope to continue to support my team! By the way, do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to type when your hands (such as they are) are bigger than not only the keyboard or the PC but in fact the ROOM IT IS IN?!?!? No wonder my responses are slow!

"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a GREEDY craven little coward!"

=Daffy Duck
#374807 10/19/08 11:40 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
St'balla is made up of really great team players; clever, knowledgeable, communicative. For each challenge, the pm's are flyin'!

Marzal's interdimensional/chronal instability messes with your head. We never know who's going to be present when the challenges occur. Personally, that vexes me.

So, our eliminations cannot be made based on attendance, but on overall performance.

Proty's summary of us above is pretty close to the mark.

#374808 10/19/08 03:08 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Gang, I'm sorry I wasn't more helpful in the last immunity challenge. As Sketch said, the interdimensional/chronal instability plays a factor. However, I'm confident this is something I can overcome in future challenges, so that I'll be as big a contributor as I was in the first few.

Let's vote to keep the tribe strong! (and don't forget, I've got plenty of Cheez-Its left to share smile )

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
Page 7 of 43 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,057
Posts1,048,924
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star