Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVII - Big Vi?
by Ann Hebistand - 09/28/24 07:14 AM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by wes connors - 09/28/24 06:11 AM
Why love the legion?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:24 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:19 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:17 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:16 AM
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Invisible Brainiac - 09/28/24 02:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
#349210 02/23/09 06:51 PM
Active
Active
So how long will you mope in there feeling sorry for yourself, Lard Lad?

Clive was an experiment... Your Experiment!

It failed! You brought it to an end. Not the end you wanted but an end none the less.

Would you be sitting in there if you'd dropped a vial of amino acids?

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#349211 02/23/09 09:04 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Shut up, Concord! (Who let you in, anyway?!?!)

Maybe murder is justifiable to you, but the LMB stand for something better! I co-founded it, dammit!

Clive didn't deserve what he got...no one deserves to be murdered in cold blood.....

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#349212 02/24/09 02:33 PM
Active
Active
Sooner or later you'll figure out that no one ever needs to "let me in" anywhere.

I go where i will and do what needs to be done. Whether or not your ever changing moral code agrees with my actions or not.

I see now that I was right when I chose to not fully confide in you. You're far too weak to do the things that need to be done to save Legion World.

Good-Bye Fat Boy... I'll see you in when they pass judgement, maybe you'll have come to your senses by then.

<Walks out thru what is appatently a solid steel wall>

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#349213 02/24/09 02:53 PM
Deputy
Deputy
According to the monitors he walked in and out thru this panel here...

<Puts hand on steel wall panel>

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Nothing but solid dirt on the other side...)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#349214 02/24/09 02:56 PM
Active
Active
So... Lard-Butt... who did the teleporting? Was it Concord? ...or did you bring him here and send him away?

/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?
#349215 02/24/09 07:48 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rocky enters the Security Office. Though he was never an actual security officer, he has worked with them many times and always was on good relations with the office. He wonders now if anyone here will even give him the time of day, give the lengths to which he went to protect Lard Lad. He goes to the front desk.>

I'd like to see Lard Lad, if possible, please. I have some things I need to discuss with him.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#349216 02/24/09 07:52 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Mr Rocky-Hopper I've been like hoping you would show up here.

I've got a few questions I'd like to ask you...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349217 02/24/09 08:23 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rocky rolls his eyes and sighs>

Go ahead, Britney. Ask away.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#349218 02/24/09 08:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! You know I could like...

<Cuts herself off and straightens up slightly, determined not to let Rocky's attitude affect her professionalism... Much.>

Mr Lard Lad has confessed to the murder of Clive Taylor aka Virgin Lad... But there are a few things that just don't seem right about his confession...

While he was holed up at the Rookery and you were hiding him from the investigation into Mr Clive Taylor's death, did you notice any strange and or unexplained mood swings?

Anything that would indicate an outside influence being exerted?

Or any indication that someone other than Mr Lard-Lad was in control of his (Mr Lard-Lad's) body?

And where were both you and Mr Time Teller lad on the night Mr Clive Taylor was brutally murdered?

And were there any witnesses?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349219 02/24/09 08:50 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Time Teller Lad and I were both at the Rookery that night. Tim and Clive had just broken up and he was distraught. Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and my majordomo, Sffenyskus, can corroborate this, as can any member of the Rookery staff who was there that evening.

As for Lard Lad's behaviour while he was under Pyngwyny asylum at the Rookery, I am not at liberty to discuss the details beyond that he was obviously quite upset. I am on record that I do believe that he did not kill Clive.

Now, if you've finished your questions, there is a Pyngwyny subject in a cell here that I, as Prince and Ambassador, have a right to see.

#349220 02/24/09 10:24 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<a few minutes [and some cut red tape] later>

Rocky! <voice is excited for a moment, then tones down> Oh, Rocky...you've just gotta let me go. I-I'm not worth your time...

#349221 02/24/09 10:45 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Lardy! I don't want to hear that! Of course you're worth it! I know you didn't kill Clive and I'm going to get you out of here. You're not a killer.

Besides, you're a naturalized Pyngwyn now. It's my duty to defend you. wink

#349222 02/24/09 10:48 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I know, I know. Rocky, I sometimes wonder if there's anything I could ever do that would make you hate me.

<sighs>

So..did you just come here to visit, or was there something specific you needed to talk about?

#349223 02/24/09 11:14 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
I still think you shouldn't have admitted to anything. It sounds like you were overwhelmed by the return of your memory--and I'm really suspicious about the way it returned. Someone is doing something and if they can manipulate someone as powerful as you, I'm--concerned.

There is one other thing.

Lardy, I hope you know how much I've come to care for you. You really are a special person.

#349224 02/24/09 11:29 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Rocky...I care about you, too--in ways that I can't begin to verbalize or completely comprehend....

...but you've gotta let go! I'm a killer, Rocky! It's not just Clive--I've killed three other people! Yeah, maybe you can chalk up Mordru to self-defense...but I remember killing Damyen Hrykos and Mordra, now! It wasn't self-defense...it was all-out revenge! I killed them and I enjoyed it, Rocky!

<tearing up>

Maybe...maybe...I'm being set up somehow for killing Clive, I dunno. But those two I murdered for sure--I know.

<his bloodshot eyes lock Rocky's>

And who's to say the maniac who killed them didn't murder Clive in cold blood?

Rocky, I don't want to hurt you, too...why don't you just let go...please?

#349225 02/24/09 11:55 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Lardy, I've seen what an evil version of myself is. Remember, my double in another universe is a ruthless tyrant. I've looked at a monster and--even if it was slightly removed--known himself to be me. But I couldn't let myself get wrapped up in that. I'd go insane. No matter what you've done, I know the person who stands before me now would not commit murder.

I'll go now if you want, but I'll be back.

#349226 02/25/09 12:01 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Please do...I--I think it's for the best....

....but thanks, Rocky...for everything.

<Rocky leaves>

<shakes his head>

I've got to...I dunno...have Rocky disallowed from visiting me or something. It's just too painful--and I don't want him getting hurt. I always hurt those I love without fail...always...

<covers face with hands>

#349227 02/25/09 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<enters the Security Office, and looks fondly at the double statues of the Emerald Empress and Space Ranger>

Well, I guess we’ll have to take one down now. <smiles> I was hesitant at first, but I think its really him. And maybe that’s what we need to get this office back on track after all this time…

<walks over to front desk; being the legendary Cobalt Kid and founder of the Office of Security, they let him through easily>

Is Everyday Girl in? How about Jailbait Lass? No? Damn, where is she? She’s a tough person to find…

<walks through the halls>

(Busy here, as usual, but most of the high-ranking officers appear to be out trying to solve this crime. There’s Rockhopper Lad, but he appears upset. And My Whee Fem and Space Ranger are discussing what we just went through at Abin’s Office on the 85th Floor. Not much more to discuss with me. But there is one person here in the Office of Security that might help me.)

<since Cobalt is no longer part of the Office of Security, he essentially should not be able to move any further; however, anyone knowing Cobalt Kid would know he would never actually leave the Office of Security without having backup override codes on everything going on there. Easily he bypasses security with his own override codes and a few secret passages.>

Ah…here we are.

<and suddenly Cobalt Kid is alone, down a long hallway—he walks down and soon is before the prisoner being housed there: he stands before the cell of Lard Lad>

Hello, Lardy…

#349228 02/25/09 12:09 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Des? You're...up?

<a wave of conflicting emotions cascades through him>

I..I'm glad you pulled through...but I don't think you should be here. Please leave.

#349229 02/25/09 01:12 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I’m up Lardy. And the time for being vague, playing it safe and being subtle is over. No more secrets, no more false accusations. Only truths.

<moves closer>

Lardy, I did not try to kill you. I think you know that. You’re my best friend, and this charade has gone on long enough. You feel a tremendous guilt for what happened to Damien Hyrkos and Mordra, but its time you dealt with that guilt once and for all. Through your actions, you saved a baby girl, who would have had a terrible life and become a killing machine like her parents. You saved countless lives by removing them. And in the end, the Dark Oval planned on attacking Legion World anyway. Were you completely right? Of course not—none of us ever are.

But Lardy, listen to me dammit. The LMB needs you right now; so does Legion World. And they need me too…I’ve let things go too far. They need us both, working together.

Now you have to trust me.

<suddenly, with great magnetic force, completely rips apart the bars on Lardy’s cell—Lardy could have done this before, but Cobalt doing so is symbolic>\

<magnetic shield goes around them both, in the shape of a globe, as Cobalt begins moving up through the levels of the security office, destroying each floor above him in his path. Security alarms begin to sound>

Let’s go Lardy. We have work to do.

#349230 02/25/09 01:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<beats his fists against Cobalt's magnetic globe>

Damnit, Des! Do you realize what you've done?!?! You've made yourself a fugitive!!! If you're right and there's something deeper going on, you've just made things TEN TIMES WORSE for us!!!

#349231 02/25/09 01:22 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<smiles>

Of course I know what I'm doing Lardy. And if things are worse in the immediate future to make things better over all, we can both live with it for now.

<breaks through the roof of the Security Office, into the airways of Legion World>

I'm no fugitive...I'm Legion World's most legendary hero laugh

<waves to people below>

Its time to do whats right. You're Lard Lad, the LMB's "big gun". Its not your destiny to sit this crisis out in your cell, waiting for your name to be cleared.

<moves across Legion World even faster>

Looks like I just sprung you from prison, Lardy. Had to happen sooner or later wink

#349232 02/25/09 01:27 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<smiles in spite of himself>

Cobalt, you crazy sunnuvabitch!

So...where to?

#349233 02/25/09 01:30 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Follow me...

And Security Officer below! My apologies! laugh

#349234 02/25/09 02:59 PM
Deputy
Deputy
<Stands in the middle of the rubble that was once the Security Office. Around him emergency crews are busy repairing damage to vital systems and tending to wounded Gencar Security Officers...>

Cobalt, this time you've gone too far... Your Grandstanding horseshit just put six security officers in Medicus Two, two of them in critical condition...

(So now I'm gonna have to take you down)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,056
Posts1,048,838
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star