Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LVI - Little Vi?
by Gaseous Lad - 09/27/24 04:16 PM
UFO (1970)
by profh0011 - 09/27/24 03:17 PM
3 Worst Missteps in Legion History?
by Boy Kid Lad - 09/27/24 01:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 09/27/24 01:54 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:49 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 09/26/24 07:45 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 09/26/24 06:54 PM
Rejected Ideas for Inane MMB Threads...
by rickshaw1 - 09/26/24 05:41 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
#349185 02/21/09 10:58 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! If you're gonna like throw the party last you'll never get the full like support of the Security Office.

And with Gramps off being a Corporate Tycoon, Mr. Gramps-lock out on the streets like shakin' m' down an' kickin' butt, Uncle Spacey on probation until we figure out if he is or isn't really the one and only Space Ranger, and Mr. Cobalt in a coma that like leaves me in charge.

You got a problem with that?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349186 02/21/09 11:44 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
You're a little shorter than I was expecting but what's that got to do with anything anyway?

My only problem is the Security Officers all running off on their own missions and scattering themselves across Legionworld.

It's really not my call, I'm only a leadership candidate not the Leader, I am a senior Legionnaire though. I think the best thing the acting head of security could do is call an organizational meeting and assign the necessary tasks to the appropriate staff.
We need crews to approach this methodically (which I realize is not a normal LMBP trait).

#349187 02/21/09 12:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Mr Yellow Kidder if you'd like just be so kind as to explain to me what it is you think we should concentrate on... I'll like take calling an organizational meeting under advisement and junk like that.

I mean we have investigations following up on several possibly related crimes.

Mr Gramps-Lock is leading the investigation into the shooting (or is it darting?) of Mr Cobalt Kid. He's being assisted by Lolita (aka Jailbait Lass) and Shark-Lad.

My Wee Fem is the Lead Investigator on the murder of Clive Taylor (aka Virgin Lad) she's being assisted by the Space Ranger, and Mr Gramps-Lock. But because of some delicate territorial issues involving the Pyngwyny Consulate and Mr Rocky-Hopper's obstinate like interference in the normal investigative process, that investigation has hit a severe like snag.

I'm leading the investigation into the assault on Mr Sir Roy.

And Mr Shark-Lad is like chomping at the bit trying to find out who the John Doe found in the wreckage of the OK Corral is.

So like was there another investigation you like wanted us to start?

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#349188 02/21/09 01:51 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
No, I'm just asking you to co-ordinate and keep some of us Legionnaires in the loop.
I realize there's a concern that this is internal, that we've been infiltrated and now we have to root out the traitor (again). It's pretty important though that if we have to move outside LMBP circles that some of us be briefed so we can prepare for a potential fight with outside enemies.

One of my team is already tied up guarding Medicus and another is scanning communications for suspicious encryptions and anomalies leaving US a bit short staffed.

The last thing we need with limited resources is different teams duplicating each other's efforts.
You're not in this alone, some of the older Legionnaires are actually quite competent no matter what you youngsters think but we can't work in the dark.

#349189 02/21/09 05:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Mr Yellow Kidder, you're like absolutely right... So I'll tell you a few things that are bothering me...

1. How was Mr Lardy Butt Lad re-animated? If (and this is a big IF) it was triggered by his 5000th post like he says then does that or does that not point to a Computer Tyrant connection?
I don't know the answer to that question and Mr lardy Butt Lad dismisses it out of hand.
But Mr Rocky-Hopper isn't helping things either by giving Mr Lardy Butt political asylum and shielding him from the Security Office's investigation. I mean it's not like Mr Lardy Butt's big ol' sword has the victim's blood all over it... Oh wait... Yes It Does! And There are no witnesses to that sword being in anyone other than Mr Lardy Butt's possesion on the night Mr Virgin Lad was murdered.

2. How did Space Ranger return to life? I mean I love my uncle but c'mon... All the evidence points to him just waking up in his grave, pushing back the cover of his mauseleum and reporting back to work... What's wrong with that picture?
And come to think of it just how could the Red Bee's poison kill a Daxamite anyway? Was he really in a coma? Doc One just doesn't make that kind of mistake.
And speaking of the Red Bee if the LMBP is under attack shouldn't we be like at least thinking he just might have something to do with this?

3. Who shot Mr Cobalt? Don't even get me started on the list of possible suspects here... If we assume it's a man then Gary Concord, Slim, and Mr Lardy Butt are at the top of the list.
But if we look at the list of possible female suspects... we have to conclude that a veritible who's who of LMBPers have a motive and unfortunately they all have the same motive... Mr Cobalt got around just a little... was one of his many lovers fed up with playing 2nd, 3rd, or 47th fiddle in the L.W. All Girl Jugg Band?

4. Who jumped Mr Sir Roy and why? What purpose did that serve? I doubt it was random cuz there ain't many henchmen that powerful (or that dumb). No, somebody wanted to keep him away from something... WHAT?

5. If mr Lardy Butt didn't kill Virgin Lad who did? and why? Yeah, he was getting a litle annoying with his moral purity crusade but that's no reason to kill the guy... In fact who (other than Mr Lardy Butt) had a reason to kill him? Mr Rocky-Hopper? He was more than a little annoyed by the way Virgin Lad was treating young Time Teller Lad... and what about Time Teller Lad? Could Clive have pushed him too far? I've a pile of questions for people holed up in the Pyngwyny Consulate to answer and sooner or later they'll have to...

Is that enough info for you Mr Yellow Kidder?

Hi! How are you?
#349190 02/21/09 08:19 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
That's enough to start with little one. The reason I asked to start with was to find out what kind of progress is being made by Security agents.
Who or what is obstructing the questioners and why?

Rocky's been an officer in the past and I would think he should be willing to cooperate if we can get those pesky rivalries out of the way.

I can get one of my own agents working on the Computer Tyrant question. He has some connections on Colu that might be worth checking in with.

Reboot has been quite capable of stopping Red Bee in his tracks before, it might be a good idea to see if he's willing to pitch in again.

If your group will concentrate on Cobie, Clive, the Ranger and the Royal Inquisitor then we can compare notes again in a few days and see where we're at.

Sound alright to you?

We have at least one or two other options but personally I hate using time travel unless it's an emergency. It attracts too much attention from the wrong sort.

#349191 02/22/09 01:50 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<'ports just outside the Office doors, pauses, walks inside to front desk>

I'm turning myself in. <holds arms out in front> I murdered Clive.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#349192 02/22/09 02:15 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod!

<Automatically Cuffs Lardy. Then looks down at the cuffs with a small wry smile.>

This is kinda like cuffing the Space Ranger... Those cuffs are good only as long as you want to leave them on... We both know that.

So why did you do it?

Hi! How are you?
#349193 02/22/09 02:19 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<hanging head> I dunno, Britney...I guess I'm just one of the bad guys....just lock me up, already.

#349194 02/22/09 02:27 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Zzumbitzch.
Hell just froze over again.

#349195 02/22/09 02:33 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! If you're really one of the bad guy's Mr Lardy Butt, locking you up isn't going to do me much good is it?

I mean... you can teleport and junk like that, right?

And you being a security officer you know the settings on the anti-teleport shield, right?

I'm telling you this right now as the only warning you get Mr Lard-Lad. The settings on the security systems have been scrambled, and that nice Mr Reboot isn't 100% certain what happens if you try teleporting from inside this building. He says you've got a 90% chance of being trapped in a Moebeus Loop and a 10% chance of winding up in the center of the sun.

LT Starsky, lock him up...

Hi! How are you?
#349196 02/22/09 02:41 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
EG

Your boss is awake. 3G just comm linked me and you need to get a transport team to Medicus 2 right now.

#349197 02/22/09 02:48 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Thanks Mr. Yellow Kidder, I'll be heading over there in just a minute.

Gladys! Quit Sparkling at the prisoner and contact Space Ranger, have him meet me at Medicus Tower...

Then get in contact with Jailbait Lass and Mr Gramps-Lock and bring them up to speed on recent developments.

Then Contact Mr Reboot and tell him to scramble the phase rotation one more time... He'll know why...

Hi! How are you?
#349198 02/22/09 04:11 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<alone in his cell>

I guess they don't get that I have no intention of escaping...

How could I have been so wrong about myself? And how did I ever get to the point of being a ruthless killer...Damyen Hrykos, Mordra, Mordru...and now Clive?

I remember it all, but it's kind of jumbled...the sequence of events, the emotions, everything--there's kind of a disconnect. It's like seeing everything as a holo set to random scenes: the Invasion, Mordra stealing my powers, my wedding to Dru, Helen, Pru, killing Clive, the battle with Mordru, my assault on Castle Hrykos...my children...it's so much to take...

...gods, if Britney said there was a 90% chance of winding up in the sun if I teleported...I swear I'd do it now....

<slumps on his cot>

#349199 02/22/09 05:26 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Again? Why isn't there ever anybody in this office when I drop by?

"Lard Lad? Hey big guy. Did you get caught or did you turn yourself in? Ah, doesn't matter. Want some Kono juice?"

3G takes two cups from the shelf and pours a drink for them both. He walks into the cell area and hands a drink to Lardy before taking a seat on the bench across from the cell.

"I want to first remind you that we Colors have been LMB allies for quite a while. I'm a full member of both groups, k? We don't involve ourselves in the internal power squabbles between you high profile members so you can treat me as a neutral party. I won't judge you, that's for lawyers and courts and stuff like that."

Taking a sip of his juice Bob looks at Lardy for a long minute. He waits.

"Tell me your troubles, chunky. None of this internal monologue stuff, pour it out."

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#349200 02/22/09 05:31 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<places his cup of Kono juice on the floor and stares at it>

What can I say, 3G? I've got all my memory back. Among other things, I remember killing Clive. I did it. I murdered him...in cold blood.

I...I hope they decide to bring back the death penalty for this. I deserve it.

#349201 02/22/09 05:34 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Well, that's a start. See, the problem is that you've died before, comic book dead. All the kerfluffle the death penalty might stir up would just be wasted effort in this genre.

So, what else could happen? How do you think you might make amends? What clears your mind and restores your soul?

Let's get creative here.

*unknown editor's note - having read most if not all of the previous posts we can assume a great deal of the previously posted information (previously referred to as "internal monologue") is discussed during an off panel scene *

#349202 02/22/09 05:38 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<looks up, shaking head>

Threej, I don't even understand why I did it. I was drunk, mad...that's no reason to kill anybody.

I cried over Clive's body, for Chrissakes! Then, a day or so later, I remember I killed him in cold blood!

That's just...sick....

#349203 02/22/09 05:51 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
My theory is that there is something going on under the surface here kiddo. I can't prove that one of the LMB enemies is at work subverting Legionnaires but I think that's what's up.
You and Cobes have a better working knowledge of who can cause insanity in a hero or who can take over and dominate a personality and cause havok. Think about it. Have you been anywhere or been in contact with a Psionian, or a Titanian or one of the Time Trappers?

#349204 02/22/09 06:02 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Only like every other week, Threej! That doesn't really narrow anything down...

<looks into his eyes>

Threej, I'm remembering so much, so many awful things I did...not just Clive. You remember the Invasion? How it was all started because of alleghations that I'd killed their leader and his wife? I did it--it's all true!

I mean...yes, they did horrible things to me...<shutters as he remembers the worst one >...but I'm supposed to be better than murdering for revenge. I'm an LMBer, dammit!

And then, I did everything conceivable to cover my ass when the Invasion threated Legion World... highly immoral things .

Is it so hard for you to believe I'm a cold-blooded killer?

#349205 02/22/09 06:12 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Yes it is. I know I'm considered a bit of a bright eyed optimist but I refuse to believe the worst about anybody.
Look fella, I've even been known to treat Sarya of Vengar with respect. I refuse to believe someone who has sacrificed as much as you is going to turn away from their core beliefs.

I swear it's like you want us to take some kind of vengence on you for your misdeeds. It's not that easy. The first thing you have to do is recognize that you're not the villain here.

Ok, you've done some bad things, so have I. I once led an attack on the LMB, destroyed the old clubhouse and put you and some others into the Medicus intensive care facilities.

Now I'm trying to salvage you.

#349206 02/22/09 06:16 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
So...what? You still think I didn't kill Clive somehow? Or do you believe I did but that I'm somehow still redeemable?

#349207 02/22/09 06:29 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Clive's body disappeared before he could be transported to Shanghalla. I'm telling you there's something going on here.

Ok, I didn't wasn't going to tell anybody this but since you're being so pig headed.. I think the Time Trappers are involved in this mess. You know how they can twist a reality ouot of shape. Are you even the same Lard Lad you think you are? Can you guarantee that this is the core reality of LegionWorld? Or that all the players are from the same timeline?

Your power is a strong one, it may be needed to help the rest of us save reality from a white out. DAMMIT! This. isn't. just. about. YOU!

#349208 02/22/09 06:40 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod! Miss Triple G you make some like strong arguments. But visiting hours are over with and while Mr Lardy Butt there is lucky to have a friend like you.

Clive Taylor had friends too.

And Clive's dead.

Don't forget that in all of this. Clive is Dead!

Now there are still lots of questions that need to be answered, but that one already has been.

So you can come back tomorrow if you want to talk more, but now it's time for the prisoner's dinner and lights out.

Hi! How are you?
#349209 02/22/09 06:47 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
It's all good little one. He's heard what I had to say. Knowing this place it's been recorded so it's all on record now anyway.

G'night chunky. Call us if you need us E Girl, I have a hot bath and a sweet drink waiting for me.

Page 30 of 37 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,055
Posts1,048,827
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Omni Craig
Omni Craig
Santa Ana, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star