Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 19 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 11:17 AM
Proposal: The AylaBoot
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 11:15 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:54 AM
Kill This Thread LVIII - Emerald Vi?!?
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 10/11/24 09:50 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 09:39 AM
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 03:24 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 10/11/24 02:36 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
Re: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
#345974 03/26/11 11:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Red Arrow said, "I knew this time would come." She poured two more cups of coffee, handing the Superman one to Dev-Em and keeping the Green Arrow mug for herself. Question Lad stayed calm as he put away his Omni-Com. We will be fine.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#345975 03/26/11 11:55 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev looked at her and nodded.

"Of course you knew that whomever took over this postition was going to have to deal with your actions during the last few weeks."

He took a sip of coffee.

"You should however be thankful that it is me sitting here and not someone that has no idea everything that transpired. I freely admit that I am not happy with some of what you did. First and foremost, you need to be extremely careful with the arrows you choose to fire at opponents. Choosing the wrong ones can be devestating when you go to incapacitate, and end up doing far worse. Secondly, you need to be sure of your commanding officers orders before you proceed with implementing protocols like you apparently did. I say apparently, beause there is no way to know with 100% crertainty that you were the one responsible. My investigation will find that there is just not enough evidence of insubordination to the Chief of the Office of Security. In fact, your immediate response to my direct order in that situation will go a long way in justofying your continued presence here."

He smiled at her, "look Emily, you're a good kid, and you have potential...a lot of potential. The thing is though, you cannot enact protocols with property of the Office of Security...no matter how those pieces of property were created...thatonly you can work on. You do that again, and there will be more severe reprecussions than a simple demotion. Your current access will be more limited, but you are still a full member of my team. Give it time, and things will begin to return to normal."

He took another swallow of coffe and waited to see if she would reply.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#345976 03/26/11 12:07 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"Sir, with all due respect we were in a civil war, and then an invasion by a powerful being. I made the choices I did because I wanted to minimize casulties on our side and bring a quick end to the conflict." Red Arrow said. "I was terribly wrong. I thank you for your mercy."

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#345977 03/26/11 12:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Emily, your intentions were right. I made some choices in that whole mess that eventually led me to where I am today. I am not sure how much it really was a civil war and how much of it was two friends trying to show who was right...instead of working together. Thankfully, your actions didn' short memories usually, especially when they don't have scars to go along with them."

He finished his coffee.

"We all do things that we question. We all eventually have to take responsibility for our actions. Lardy is taking his in the form of being replaced and trying to find himself again. I have figurative and literal scars from my recent choices."

Dev involuntarily rubbed his shoulder.

"The point is, you did do what you thought was right...even if nobody told you to take such action. That shows initiative. That's something we need more of. But, on the same token, you didn;t think through your decisions consequences thoroughly. Adding another wrinkle into the mix when we were already tapped out could ave cost us dearly. Thankfully, it didn't. So you are officially demoted, and you will also report directly to me as Question Lad is doing, he said as he glanced at Sebastion and nodded. "I want to hear your ideas...and over time, you will get a better handle on which things to act on, and which ones to ignore."

"I also want to see this new power of yours in action, so we're going to have some regular training sessions with you against someone I choose. I want to see what you can do with it."

#345978 03/26/11 12:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
OCC: "Teenagers" by My Chemical Romance sums up my characters nicely)
Emily said, "How did...oh yes. It's an equation that my ancestors traditionally used to walk through walls."Usually to get out of prison. My father didn't get the equation before he got sent to prison, so that's why he's there. "But it's actually intangibility. That will require a good amount of practice, but I'm hesitant to change my codename just yet. I don't want to be branded as the crazy one," She looked into her coffee mug.

"Chief Lardy really didn't give us a lot of orders. I think he was scared of us because of our commitment to justice," Red Arrow said. At this Sebastian laughed. "The arbitrators of justice scared of justice! Where have I heard that before? But yes, there is an eternal war of justice versus impunity. Too many times we sacrifice justice for peace," Sebastian says. He felt very awake, and he couldn't tell if it was from the coffee or passion.

"That's why I gave you the Batman cup," Emily said.

#345979 03/26/11 12:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev looked at Sebastion, "Interesting. By the way, the items you forwarded to me last night are fine. Go ahead and purchase them. Get the correct account to use from the secretary."

"Lardy was not really himself in this job...not sure if he let himself be what he needed to be to handle it. Not sure how I'll do for now either...but I guess that will be more for your generation to talk about when we're all retired or gone."

Dev stood up and rinsed his coffee mug out, "one more thing. I'm reveiwing the investment opportunities that you presented to Lard Lad. I'll get back to you one them some time next week. There's a few things I want to check out with them first though."

He turned to walk out of the kitchen. "If yYou two are a representation of Legion Worlds future...and I think we're going to be in good hands."

He left and went to head to his home to see what needed to be done before he could sell it.

#345980 03/26/11 09:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Sebastian said, "That went well. I'm going to talk to the secretary and order those security systems. Then I'll probably talk more to the tech staff about what we need to get done around here." He looked down into his coffee mug, to see the remnants had formed a crude pattern. It looked almost like rorschach dots, and he quickly went to the sink and cleaned it.

"I just don't understand. I never had these problems with other superteams. I was popular," Emily said. She put the coffee mugs back into the cabinet, pausing at the Green Arrow coffee mug. She made a mental note to check out some JLA sites next time she was on Earth, always good to honor the ancestors.

Sebastian shrugged, "I wouldn't know. When people get close to me they usually fall into a coma." He chose that moment to leave the room and follow Dev-Em's orders.

Red Arrow left the room and decided to refill on arrows and go practice.

#345981 03/27/11 11:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The next day Dev was back at work...on his second day of in a row. Too much to do, so many things that went unattended during the last few weeks. Not really Lardy's fault there, the Red Bee was here already...the other stuff though just compounded everything.

He put his Omnicom into alert mode and went to grab his cost...I guess I don't need this today...just going to get some air and enjoy the rrest of my day. Maybe see if Tempest is out and about yet.

He left the building and took off, glancing around to see if any of his friends were out as well. There were still people to get in touch with...ideas he had that needed to be thought through. Enough Dev...just enjoy yourself for an afternoon.

#345982 03/27/11 05:02 PM
Active
Active
Lon checks in at the front desk of the Office of Security and finds out that his brother is indeed in his office.

He walks down the corridor...[I]this is just weird. Dev is the Acting Chief."

Dev looked up from his desk and gives a head nod for Lon to shut the door.

"Thanks, I know who she is now Lon."

"That's nice. She's been given a second chance here if you will, and there's nothing more to be said on the matter."

"I know. One last act of Lardy. No doubt by yours and Cobies prompting."

"Something else else like that...listen, I didn't come here to argue...I came to offer my congratulations. You're suited for this job better than you even think. So, congratulations. We should be out of your 'jurisdiction' soon enough anyway."

"Just watch your back...I don't trust her."

Lon sits down. "What the hell happened to change your mind with the kids? You were gone by the time Bruce and I...um, finished our business back there."

Dev preceeds to tell Lon about the conversations he had with Princess Alyson, her father The King, and their own father Kar Em. (some of which happened off screen as to not bore the hell out of everyone.)

Lon stood shortly after Dev finished. "I guess I can see why you did what you did...still, it was an interesting journey overall. I gotta run and find Cobie. I want to have a little talk with him about presuming to speak for me on certain subjects."

Dev raised a curious eyebrow, and just shrugged when it was obvious that Lon wasn't going to explain. "Take care then. Let me know if you need me for anything, I'm going to head over to Lardy's soon. I was just dropping a few things off here, and got distracted..."

Lon left and shut the door.

#345983 03/27/11 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
After Leaving Lardy\'s Lair, and taking a short flight, Dev returns to his Office.

He starts setting appointments and rifling through paperwork. Sending messages, and investigating Red Arrows and Question Lads proposal.

#345984 03/27/11 08:59 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Walks into the Dev's office and tosses her shoes on his desk, she is leaning on his archway into his office.)

You must really hate these.

And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...
#345985 03/27/11 09:09 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Actually, they're very nice shoes."

He looks at her.

"I guess you were right. It would complicate things...sorry. I shouldn't have pushed you."

She can see that his face is not showing any emotion.

"I should have known better."

#345986 03/27/11 09:14 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(She straightens up and walks in and sits down in the chair on the other side of his desk.)

Wipe that stoic look off your face.

I liked that you pushed.

(She gives him a grin.)

I'm just not strong enough and, well sane enough right now to deal with any of that. I don't know how to explain what happened. I just needed a release. I couldn't do it with you, it would have made things to complicated. I can't give you a bone and then take it away.

You're looking for something in me Dev that can't give. Not to you, not to him. He knows that now.

#345987 03/27/11 09:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
He looks at her, still emotionless...but she can see hints of something creeping into his face.

"Explain something to me. Why him...but it complicates things with me."

He finally breaks and she sees a hurt in his eyes, but also anger and confusion.

"What is it you're afraid of? What are you running from?"

#345988 03/27/11 09:28 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
I've stopped running. If I was still running I would have never come to this damned planet!

(She pauses, she said more than she wanted to.)

I am afraid of the truth. The truth hurts, you should know that. It's easy to live in the lie.

(Grabs her shoes.)

Maybe, Lardy and you need to figure things out. Don't let me come between your friendship. This is the last place I need to be dubbed a "homewrecker."

#345989 03/27/11 09:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Wait a second. I've got nothing to figure out with Lardy, and as far as what happened between you two...it happened."

He moves in between her and the door.

"I know you can be out of here before I finish my next word...but if you've stopped running, then stop running. I've lived with people lying to me for most of my adult life. I have two wonderful children because of a lie. I should have been able to move on with my life years ago...but I didn't because of lies. I'm tired of living lies."

He looks away from her, but does not move.

"Truth. Truth is I do like you...but I have no idea if there was ever any chance for us. Truth, I saw things in the Astral plane that scared the hell out of me, things that I didn't quite comprehend. Things that I don't think people are supposed to see. Truth, I want to help you with whatever it is that is chasing you...and don't pretend that I am talking nonsense, because we both know better. I don't know what is going on yet, but I will find out whether it's from you or through my other sources."

He moves to her, and touches her cheek again, "I don't know why, but I know I can help you with whatever it is."

#345990 03/28/11 02:17 AM
Sorceress
Sorceress
My truth is not for you. It's not for anyone!

You can't help me, I can help myself just fine. Last thing I need is some man acting like my damn protector.

Don't you dare scold me, I don't need another daddy figure.

I meant what I said, I moving out. It's too complicated here.

(Storms out of his office and into her quarters where she immediately starts to pack.)

#345991 03/28/11 05:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev stands there for a second, and then follows her to her door.

"I'm not trying to be anything except your friend right now," he says to the closed door.

"You don't seem to even want that...do you, unless it's on your terms and conditions. I'm not playing that game anymore."

"This is probably just going to make you madder at me, but that's okay though, at least it's something...some kind of emotion."

"Call me if you need me...I'll be ther for you, because that's what frinds do for each other..."

"You can't run away from your problems forever..."

He shakes his head, sighs, turns and leaves, going back to his paperwork, but really accomplishing nothing for the rest of the day.

#345992 03/28/11 06:43 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Lad awoke to the sound of his Susanoo 300. Apparently there was some sort of economic crisis in the Republic of Raltvee. As a Nasgerian he couldn't help snickering because Raltvee was their main rival. The stock market was in good shape so far today, and he decided to buy and sell a few of his personal stock. He saw that there had been some mining discoveries in Nasger. King Manuel wanted him to fund an expeditian to El Dorado, and so Sebastian did. I personally think El Dorado is a happy fantasy, but I have no desire to be garotted to death. Choices like this is the reason I don't want to go home.

He put away his Susanoo 3000 and got ready for the day. Question Lad went through his Omni-Com during breakfast, adding the people on the bottom of the list to the new security features. He tried to add Tempest but got a message saying she no longer existed. Was she fired or did she quit?

He began walking into Dev-Em's office to pick up more forms.

#345993 03/28/11 12:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev heard the door open and lifted his head from his desk...where he had fallen asleep (some might argue that he passed out).

"Hey Question Lad, anything I can do for you today?"

#345994 03/28/11 03:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
"Well, we did get something about the budget today from our government. The good news is our budget will continue to increase, the bad news is that some of our items will be barred. Mostly things related to the constructon of man-killer robots," He said. Question Lad handed him a small blue folder.

"And there's a memo from the mayors of Charltonburg, Britonopolis, etc. apparently there's been a huge increase in crime since the Red Bee incident," He said. He handed him a red piece of paper signed by these officials.

#345995 03/28/11 05:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Thanks," he says as he takes the paper.

He glances over it and shakes his head.

"My faith in humanity grows with every day around here. Just one more storm to try and figure out. You think things are heading one way, and then they turn around completely."

He looks up and sees that he is loosing Question Lad. "I'll send some people over there. Hopefully a little presence will go a long way to derail that trend."

He looks at the clock, and says, "Time to go fly around a bit."

#345996 03/28/11 06:01 PM
Sorceress
Sorceress
(Walks out of her now former room, she has completely cleared out all her things.)

Was never an officer here anyways, shouldn't be here, it is a business.

(Looks at Dev's office as she walks. She walks up to the closed door, she puts her hand on it.)

You think you can just make me all better, don't you? Poor sap.

(Leaves.)

#345997 03/28/11 06:41 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Question Lad spent the rest of the day doing various busy work. He finished up for the evening and decided to head to Charltonburg for a little while. Apparently there was a traffic jam on the O'Neil Highway, so he decided to take the subway.

He took out his personal phone and checked the stock market.I have to sell short a few of these in the morning, he thought sadly. "Next stop Charltonburg," The speakers said in a monotone voice.

Just then five young men entered the subway car, each one carrying a weapon. One of them said, he could have been no older than thirteen, "Give us all your cell phones and jewelry and nobody gets hurt."

This was a rather bold move as the subway kept moving up the track and was becoming parallel with the highway. Sebastian knew stopping the train there would trap everyone on board. His eyes were diverted by the pistol in the boys' hands.

He handed the boys the Susanoo 3000. "Why?" Question Lad asked.

"This is not personal. We have to eat and pay the rent just like you," The oldest one says. "Now hand me the other one."

Question Lad pressed the emergency button on his Omni-Com and threw it to the boy. The thirteen year old said, "Don't make any moves like that! Or we will shoot."

"Do you realize where you are? You have at least eighty witnesses. You are going to get caught, unless are you prepared to kill all of us?" Question Lad said.

He chose that moment to show his identification, "Including an off-duty Security Council officer?"

The boys looked at each other, and the youngest decided to throw his gun at Question Lad. He checked, and sure enough it was unloaded. Question Lad felt the train grind to a halt, as the doors opened and the Charltonburg Police took over.

One police officer said, "Thanks for the help. It's nice to know you Feds are getting in here. We were beginning to think we were alone."

"No problem," Question Lad said, happy everyone was safe and had their property back. I think I will take the bus back to headquarters.

#345998 03/30/11 07:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Dev arrives back at the Office and gets back to work.

"I think I need more diversions like that."

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,059
Posts1,049,244
Legionnaires1,731
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Boy Kid Lad, Anonymous Girl, Mimi, max kord, Duke
1,731 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Space Tart
Space Tart
valley of the girls
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star